Sixt Car Rental Israelnon refund credit card payement

D

Accident report number 2070164 December 2009
Unfortunately I´m here to report the same and exactly situation occured another guy, reported on his complaint posted on 2011.11.02. I rented a car from Sixt Car Rental at Ben Gurion International Airport of Tel Aviv, Israel, beginning of December 2009. few days later while driving in Jerusalem, I was involved in a very light car accident: my car reported a very minor scratches, hardly visibile, to the rear bumber. I had no responsability and the other driver was totally responsable for what happened. As Nick did, I reported this to the Sixt office and was charged $400 against my visa by Sixt as excess whilst the case was being handled and until it was resolved and I obtain a reimbursement of the $400.
All the time they replied to my emails sayng that the case was still in process handled by the legal department and the reimbursement will be provided once the case was closed.
Now, I´m still waiting the reimbursement of my amount since ending 2009 even if I hve been following up continuously with Sixt trohough emails. I tried to get in touch by telephone with the manager of Sixt in Israel in charge for my case but no chance, she doesnt answer to the phone. In addition, since last year, she doesn´t respond to my emails too.
Whel I returned back the car at the airport I filled to Sixt the accident report properly with all my details and contact numbers. I have taken some pictures about the car hired and the scratches of the rear bumber.
Of course I have also the entire email correspondence beetwen me and Sixt concerning my case.
I consider such situation unbeleiveble and unacceptable!
Daniele Carbone, Italy
[protected]@yahoo.it

• Ka
    kawashdc Aug 20, 2013

We had heard that renting a car in Israel is problematic, and that car accidents are common. So, when we rented a car at Sixt we were vigilant in requesting the maximum insurance coverage possible (or so we thought). Turns out, even though we requested all coverage possible, they didn't give it to us. We were told that the car was completely covered. When we returned the car we were informed that there was some minor damage to the front bumper, the bumper wasn't covered by insurance, and that we would be charged an additional $300.00. When we tried to discuss this with the men behind they counter they actually smirked and laughed at us. I have never written an online review before, but felt I really had to let people know what a terrible company this was to rent from. I would advise everyone I know to never rent from this company. The worst car rental experience I have ever had for sure.

• Da
    daniele carbone Dec 14, 2011

Dear Gary,
    I wish to inform you that the mentioned refund has been provided on my credit card by Sixt Sholmo in Tel Aviv.
    I would like thank you for your help and efforts, you have shown great respect for your costumers.
    Daniele Carbone

• Gary Coughlan Nov 14, 2011

Hi Daniele,

I have sent an e-mail to you to confirm that the refund has been processed. Sixt Sholmo asked me to pass on their sincere apologies for the delay. I have sent some further detail in the e-mail. Feel free to contact me [email protected]

Gary - Sixt Customer Service Team

• Gary Coughlan Nov 08, 2011

Hi Daniele,

I am the U.K Customer Service Manager.
    I will speak with my colleagues in Israel concerning your case. I will do what I can to help.

Gary Coughlan