Sirius XMIllegal telemarketing

B

I purchased a truck several months ago. It came with an offer for a free trial of the Sirius service. I did NOT elect to get the free trial, I did nothing to give my name or number to Sirius. I have never done business with Sirius, and my number is on the do not call list.

Now Sirius telemarketers call my cell phone several times per day, every day, 9am to 9pm.

I have never done business with them, and I maintain my do not call database entry, so by law they should not be calling me... Yet they still do.

• Sc
    SCAM-ALERT Feb 25, 2013

I will also be filing a case against SIRIUS XM in the state of Virginia. Don't forget to make a formal demand letter of the damages you are seeking to SIRIUS before filing with the courts as this will be additional leverage against them. Have a logged list of the phone calls (dates/times) The damages you can sue for is not $500 per call, it's $500 per violation. Some of the calls that SIRIUS made to me had 6 violations per call. The Judge can also reward you triple the damages if it's proven they knowingly called after you requested to be placed on the DNC list. As I am not a lawyer please check with your local and state laws and good luck.

• Sc
    SCAM-ALERT Feb 25, 2013

actually the court only allows 24 hours and only 1 freebee "oops" call to a number on the DNC list. You can also sue if they don't supply you with their "Do Not Call Policy" in writing.

• Ly
    lyn12345 Feb 24, 2013

just ask to put your account on the do not call list.. the turn around time is 7 to 10 business days...