Singapore Changi Airport — extremely rude security officers
I have to transit in singapore twice a month. It's been a very very difficult time. Although the airport facilities are excellent and singapore airlines is truly one of the best in the world. The security officers at the airport are the worst I have ever encountered.
First, we are allowed to carry liquid containers of no more than 100ml. But every time, and I do mean every time, they throw away my liquid containers that are clearly less than 100ml. And this includes my skin medication for which I had a prescription for and even then it was only 100ml! They threw it out! Without consulting me! Not only that! When I told them to give it back to me, they just said that the trash can was locked! And they were extremely rude.
It is an awful awful experience. I had to fly for 15 hours without my medicine!
They always threw out my perfume (Also less than 100ml). They didn't even bother reading the labels on my bottle to check to see if it was more than 100ml. Just like that, they took my property and threw it away. I suspect that they are only seeing things that they like from my belongings and throwing it into the trash can so they can use them!
When I argued with them, they actually tried and forced me by having one of the officers hold down my wrist! If I weren't going for an important meeting, I would have stayed and filed an assault report!
They also forced you to take off your jacket to go through the metal detecting machine. Even after I complaint that I could not take it off because I only had on my underwear underneath, they still insisted until I showed them my underwear!!!
What kind of airport security is that? If I had the choice, I would never go through singapore airport.
More Singapore Changi Airport Complaints & Reviews
- Singapore Changi Airport - rude and racist custom officers
- Singapore Changi Airport - entry restricted
- Changi Airport - rude duty free sales staff
- Changi Airport - rude sales staff
- Singapore Changi Airport - messy queue
- Changi Airport Group - jetstar ground staff terminal 1
- Changi Airport Group - scoot airline
- Changi Airport Group - terminal 2 arrival / lost and found counter
- Singapore Changi Airport - negligence on passenger service
- Changi Airport Group - airport service