Singapore Airlinesterrible meals for vegetarians/vegans on board singapore airlines!

A Feb 10, 2020

Flight no: SQ317 10.55am from London to Singapore 25th December
Flight no: SQ322 11.45pm from Singapore to London Heathrow 12th January 2020.

I am writing to submit a complaint about the level of food service on the two flights listed above.

I am a vegetarian and when I booked my flight I checked a box to say that I would like a vegetarian meal on both flights.

The flight from London to Singapore was on time but the meals supplied I couldn't eat, so I got off the flight feeling terrible.

The flight on the way back from Singapore was delayed 4 hours due to a technical issue with one of the engines.

We were given a food bag with peanuts and nut bars and a bottle of water and tea.
This was pretty much all I survived on for 17 hours due to the lack of decent food on board my flight home.

Singapore Airlines don't supply a separate meal for vegetarians and vegans.
This is a major problem, the airlines don't understand the nutritional aspect and differences between the two types. Both need protein in their diet without a doubt.

On both flights I was given a printed menu card which had all the meat and fish dishes, but didn't have any mention of the vegetarian or vegan options, that was one very strange thing.

I asked if I would be supplied with a vegetarian meal considering I had ticked the box when I booked my flight, they said I would.

The meals I was given were absolutely awful, I couldn't eat any of them.
There was no protein, just a bowl of hot vegetables in a nasty tasting oil!

One hot meal that came I couldn't describe, so I asked one of the cabin crew to tell me what it was.
She said she didn't know! I asked her if she could go and find out, she came back a while later and said that none of the crew knew what it is was either! I was shocked, I know it was economy class, but this is basic fundamentals, the crew should know what the meals are and it should also be on the menu. I asked if I could have something else as I couldn't eat it, it didn't smell good and I had no idea what it was. They said they didn't have anything for me apart from bread. I can't eat bread because I have a wheat allergy, so I had a few cubes of fruit, a small piece of bread and some peanuts, that was all I ate for 13 hours! By the time I arrived at Heathrow I felt very unwell from lack of food. I had extremely low blood sugar levels and was shaking and close to passing out.

I just about managed to get off the plane with my cabin bags, but felt like I was going to pass out on my way to passport control. I asked a family to stay close in case I did.
I finally managed to jump in a cab to take me home.
As a result of this, I will never fly Singapore Airlines again, it was totally shocking and unacceptable.
When I complained to the crew, they treated me as if I was completely alien to them being vegetarian.
I noticed that I missed out on eggs and cheese as a result of the airlines only supplying one meal for both vegetarians and vegans, this is not acceptable. Vegetarians eat eggs and cheese usually, most people nowadays know this, especially if you are providing a public food service!

Whoever puts the menu together needs to re-think what they provide to both types.
Protein must be supplied without doubt! You cannot let customers fly long haul with no protein in their diet! I spoke to others who have also flown with Singapore Airlines and have experienced the same.

Singapore Airlines need to get a nutritionist and chef who understands vegetarian and vegan diets to provide a menu and make sure that the options are written on the main menu with everything else, so it doesn't make customers feel alienated.
I would like a refund for the flight as it caused me major distress!