ShopriteI am very disappointed

T

I bought a kettle in November last year at Shoprite in Bellville Voortrekker Road. Last week I noticed that the kettle boils water but doesn't switch itself off, I have to switch the main plug on the wall for it to stop boiling.
I took the kettle back to the store & was told that its my fault that the kettle doesn't stop boiling because I may have switched it on with no water inside. Why would anyone switch the kettle on with no water inside? I told the lady that I would never do that but she was so sure that I did...& she said I can report the matter to whoever I want to report to because they are not taking it back. If I knew that I did what she said I did then why would I take the kettle back to them?...the lady took me for a fool.
I have been doing all my groceries at Shoprite for quite some years & this is the first time I ever returned anything back to the store...I am so disappointed that Shoprite thinks the fault is on the customer & they don't see it on themselves. I don't know whether issues like this are followed up but will take it to HelloPeter if its neglected here.

• Un
    unhappy packer Jun 18, 2016

Since we are regular customers at Shoprite Barberton(Mpumalanga).It is dissapointing to see that prices go up, and services go down the drain.All of a sudden when you buy groceries at Shoprite, the cashiers dont even try to pack any groceries in the bags, and just help the next client, while you have to pack your own stuff.I dont often complaint, but after a couple of purchases, it really dissapoints me to see that a big chain company like Shoprite, drop their standars.What is next?Quality of products?

• Wine Is Good Jun 09, 2016

First, you would google (or read the packaging for the address or phone number) the manufacturer, call them, give them the package info, and they will take care of the warranty process. It is the consumer's responsibility to return products for warranty.

• Ta
    Tandokazi Jun 07, 2016

Well when I bought it they said I should return it if there is a problem with it within the 12 months guarantee period...and anyway who should take it back to the manufacturer? me or the retailer?

• Wine Is Good Jun 07, 2016

The guarantee likely came from the manufacturer not the retailer. Nearly every product comes with a 1 year warranty. The retailer does not honor the warranty, the manufacturer does.

• Ta
    Tandokazi Jun 07, 2016

Then what is the point of a 12 months guarantee if they do not take it back at 7?

• Wine Is Good Jun 03, 2016

After 7 months we would not take it back either.