Shoppers Drug Martcosmetics dept employee 5:00 pm on 9/27/19

The employee in the cosmetics dept refused to allow me to use my accumulated points towards my purchase. When I asked her why, she said they were only allowed to use points when the customer advised prior to checking out. When I refused to proceed with the transaction, she alerted security, and was abusive. I shop regularly at SDM and buy all goods for my household. My family spends an average of 700.00 per month at your store. I have never in my 70 years been treated in such shocking manner. I will no longer shop in your store as my treatment felt racially motivated. Please investigate this employee.

• Updated by Y51, Sep 27, 2019

Kensington, Burnaby BC location.

Y5
Sep 27, 2019

Comments

•   Sep 28, 2019

Swearing people are not calm and rational.

She didn't refuse you, she was not allowed to let you. There's a difference. Once you press certain buttons you can not go back and change your mind without voiding out the entire order. That's what happened here

How is this racially motivated?

Jeez! All you All Sharptons suck and you ruin true racism complaints.

Sep 28, 2019

@Um is not an answer! After she "swore" at the cashier she" beat up her elderly mother". If you do not get what I am getting at read the review again and see who is replying to the review claiming she was swearing. Get the drift.

As for the racism part I have to agree with Pinocchio here, there is no indication of racism. As for them calling security. This was probably because she refused to leave.

Considering that she is 70 years old and this is the first time she was treated in such manner she has had blessed life.

As for the racism, she needs to put the race card back i the deck. The same rule applies to everyone. People are very quick to play the race card here and it makes them appear uneducated. It shows that they cannot argue logically. If she were white, black, Indian, hispanic, Muslim, Martian ect she would not be allowed to use her points if she had not told them prior to checking out. It is really immature of her to olaim racism when the same thing would have happened even if she were any of the above races. I wonder if people are dense to believe that they were racially profiled, or if they are playing the race card for pity. What I do know is that 90 percent of the time when they claim racism, there is not racism and they are just claiming racism because they did not get their way. It makes them appear foolish and ruins the review. It also makes the 10 percent who actually were racially profiled h seem like they are making it up as well. She is one of those 90 percent who is falsely claiming racism

•   Sep 29, 2019

@ mark henderson That

Wasn't

The

Op.

Sep 29, 2019

@Um is not an answer! Actually I was talking to your comment where you said.

"Swearing people are not calm and rational."

Nowhere did the OP state that they sore at the cashier. So I quoted it, and then I quoted the terms "he beat up his mother, meaning that the OP did not "admit" to swearing. Look at who claims that the OP "admitted" to swearing" To be honest, I was being sarcastic. The OP no more admitted to swearing than they "admitted" to eating up their mother. The source claiming that they admitted to swearing is not reliable.

Sep 29, 2019

In other words, unless the OP admits to swearing at the cashier, I don't think that happens since the person she "admitted" to is "Pinocchio" he keeps posting under many accounts so I will just refer to him as Pinocchio. Guess why?