Shell Oil Products Us / Customer Carecontaminated gasoline

I purchased gas from a shell station that was contaminated with water and damaged my vehicle. I have supplied all of the required documentation to Shell Customer Care, but they are dragging their feet to provide a solution. The person responsible for helping me is always "unavailable" as well as their supervisors. The repair estimates are substantial and I am stranded without a vehicle for 5 days now. The station where the incident occurred is aware of the problem and has admitted responsibility, but can only refer me to Customer Care. Since Shell had to shut down the station for over 12 hours to fix the problem and many other customers are affected, I know that they are aware of the problem, yet customer care insists on taking me through a bureaucratic mess and red tape, and is asking me to wait 20 days for a resolution.
I don't have money to authorize the repairs (currently estimated at over $4000) nor to rent a car for the duration of this mess and get reimbursed.

• Ge
    George Briscoe Feb 03, 2013

went to shell station at 1728 OAKDALE ROAD MODESTO CA.
    and was in dire need of gas. I normally would have left but because I was in A rush I filled up here. This statioon charged credit price even thhough I used my shell card. GREEDY THEY ARE> almost every other station I see says in house card same as cash.
    I will never go here again and if I see a shell station with that again I will go to a competitor. I carry more than one card.

• Pr
    pradeep shetty Apr 21, 2013

sir this pradeep shetty from Karnataka i want start new petrol bunk in Karnataka state udupi district pls i want to know all procedure pls help me

thanking you

pradeep shetty [protected]

• Se
    SEEKING CUSTOMER SVC Oct 30, 2013

My family and I travel extensively within the state of Oregon with our custom camper van. I am a partially dis-abled U.S. Army Veteran and my wife does her best to help. Several times we have traveled up and down the Oregon coast having zero problems anywhere. When we bought our van it was broke in using only the highest grade SHELL gas available. Recently everytime we pass through Depoe Bay on the coast we have received some of the worst treatment at the Shell station there. It has been to the point that we have driven into Newport to get fuel, almost running out a couple times. The family that runs that station have obviously never learned the meaning of Customer Service, because it is surly lacking at that location. A friend who was traveling with us asked about where the restrooms were at, and was rudely told "NO PULIC RESTROOM, GO TO SOME PLACE ELSE", and in the rudest voice not to mention. I explained that all I needed was to wash the windshield and was given the same rude stares as before. This station has been the recipient of several complaints with no results noticed so far. I learned that they are a franchise station but does that mean they can treat the customers with that sort of dis-respect, they do still represent the SHELL standards of EXCELLANCE regarding customer service don't they. Several other folks were at the station at the same time and drove off as we did also choosing to patronize the 76 station on the other end of town. Any help resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated, please explain to me why I should continue to purchase SHELL products with several other stations offering the same high grades of fuel we use in our camper van and off road vehicles, such as sans rails, four wheelers(quads) that our son races, or is it time to peel the SHELL decals off the race- bikes and replace them. Thanking You in advance for your help. Glenn Huiett 1490 6th st. n.w Salem, Ore 97304