Shaw Laminate Flooringpoor quality

Had Shaw Radiant Luster flooring installed in our new home back in September. DO NOT ever go with this company. The worst flooring I have ever had! It is supposed to have a 20 year warranty. They do not stand up to their warranties. In the last 6 months I have several spots where the floor is chipping, the joints are separating, one overlapped area, and bubbled up laminate.
They sent out an "independent floor inspector" who stated the chips were from items "being dropped on it", the separated joints was the "fault of the installer" and stated that the bubbled up flooring "cannot be seen from a standing position" which is totally untrue- since that is how we noticed it in the first place.
Very disappointed with this company. They don't want to take any responsibility for their faulty, poor quality flooring. Do not trust Shaw. I wish I would have read all the other complaints before going with that company. Buyer beware! The BBB will be notifed next.

Margarite Jan 11, 2013

I have the same issue with my floor on new construction. The floor does not clip together like it is suppose to. This leaves it to larger spaces as well as damage from cleaning. You could drop a spoon on it and it chips. Very poor quality flooring.

• Dj
    DJEY Feb 11, 2012

We are experiencing the same situation with Shaw laminate. It is buckling on our kitchen floor. A factory rep came and looked at it and said it was water damage. I pointed out that the buckling is no where near the sink or dishwasher. Very random boards. She then said we used too much spray cleaner. I told it is Shaw Cleaner and we followed the directions to the T. She left and then told the dealer that we over sprayed the cleaner and caused the damage. They would not honor the warranty. Shaw laminate is garbage.

• Fo
    foggynights Oct 13, 2011

I am pursuing legal action against Shaw on Radiant Luster. I will be inquiring about class action. Please see my comments. Can you please send a copy of your complaint and pictures to [email protected]

• Do
    donnank Oct 10, 2011

This is exactly what happened to our floor. It was down less than a week.

• Co
    ConsumerReporting Jul 24, 2011

Swiftlock Bronzed Birch from Shaw, has similar experience as you righttoknow

Comments

• tylerjfrost92 Mar 31, 2011

If the separated joints was the fault of the install I don't see why they don't fix it. It was the same company that installed it, correct?