Shaw Flooringwarping bubbling

I installed shaw laminate flooring in my entire first floor of my house. Kitchen, sunroom, family room, 1st floor bedroom. Within 1 week it started bubbling, peeling, cracks. It is the most horrible product I have ever purchased. The company sent "independent inspector" - that is paid by them - who has determined it is the "moisture" level of my house or surface exposure. I told the sales people that I have 2 large dogs, 3 small kids, and my two elderly parents that live with me and that I needed the most durable product that exists. This product cannot withstand an extremely small (less than one inch diameter spot) of water for 5 minutes. So - if doing dishes and carrying a pot you are drying to the cabinet to put away - you cannot let a drop of water hit the floor for if you do and do not immediately wipe up - the floor will expand. Oddly though - there is even bubble spots in the bedroom area where there has never been one drop of water. You cannot clean it -
I have an armstrong laminate in my basement - for over 3 years now - kids play there - dogs run in from outside there - never one problem. DO NOT PURCHASE SHAW LAMINATE!

• Ge
    gemnest53 Jul 25, 2012

I had these people put me in a SHAW lamanate floor . Its a terrible install and they state its my fault. I am trying to contact SHaw Flooring. I would not let these people install a fence post for me after this. BUYER BEWARE .
    Do not deal with Steve

• Fo
    foggynights Oct 14, 2011

Well, I have officially heard that like everyone else my claim has been denied. I have used Bruce cleaner in the specified manner from Shaw. I have not used my floor cleaner which has hurt me with my back issues. I have not abused this floor in the slightest. My only saving grace is that I was installing the floor in portions and I had been about to order the bedrooms, having paid for the first portion when this happened. I will be going to an attorney to plan once I have the report and the paperwork. While the cost of the flooring is still small claims amount, it would not be the first time I have taken on a giant and won on behalf of a whole bunch of consumers. That's because I am honest and the jury can see it in my eyes. I paid a fair price, I went with a professional installer. ignoring my health problems, I cleaned the floor as directed. I used commercial laminate products on the market today, a rubber maid spray microfiber mop and Bruce cleaner for laminate flooring per Shaw's advertising. Had steps as the inspector had said like "lightly spraying a fine mist of Shaw cleaner directly upon a microfiber mop and then gently wiping the floor with it" been necessary to keep the Shaw warranty valid, if it was on on Shaw advertising at all or not to use any laminate cleaner except Shaw, I would not have purchased the flooring. What I was told by Shaw was that I could not use a steamer and I could not use my floormate or do wet mopping on it: IE using a mop soaked with water and scrubbing the floor. Once the jury sees that you have to treat this floor with greater care than fine art, we will win.
    With an attorney, they will charge about 40% of the amount that they receive. Since there is consumer fraud also which bumps the amount up in this state astronomically, there is the possibility that you will get more than just your floor. There is a possibility that you will not get more than the satisfaction of winning against Shaw and the attorney takes all. Or if the state gets involved, that many more people will be added once they get the customer warranty list from Shaw. Class actions have not been squashed.
    Please send me copies and photos of your complaints. The email address is [email protected] I will also need the names, addresses and phone numbers of anyone who wishes to be in a class action against Shaw.