Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Internet Providers Shaw Communications hacker attempts!

Shaw Communications - hacker attempts!

Author of the complaint
2:36 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am sick and tired of all of the repeated attempts by users of shawcable.net to access ports on my computer. I am on the internet every day. When I check my firewall log, there has been at least 50 attempts by computers with Shaw Cable IP addresses. Shaw needs to crack down on this. They also make it hard to contact them if your are not actually one of their customers!

Helpful? 0 0
15 comments
R
Nov 20, 2018 2:36 pm

Over all lack of regulation. Turn on commercial...program broke out ! Paying dearly for something I don't want...ELECTRONIC WATERBOARDING ?

P
Nov 13, 2018 2:36 pm

Internet speed at this time 11:24pm is only 3.72MB download and 0.45MB upload.
I have a 15MB service. Please check the speed.

View 0 more photos
P
Oct 27, 2018 2:36 pm

I received a call from a rep from Shaw who did not know who she was calling, or the number she was calling - totally stoned. I hung up.

R
Oct 22, 2018 2:36 pm

I keep getting annoying pop-up surveys when I am online and loose everything when I try to remove the survey. I am sick and tired of these pop-ups and considering switching to Telus.

Oct 21, 2018 2:36 pm

Less than 2 weeks ago, I contacted Shaw and I was offered lower price if I sign 2 years contract and everything will remain the same as for the channels. I have lost channel 121, 529, 530. This is scam. Since I only signed the contract less than a month ago, I would like to either cancel my contract or add the missing channels back in.

K
Oct 02, 2018 2:36 pm

Terrible wait times! nearly as bad as telus. We are experiencing higher then normal wait times. I am experiencing higher then normal hostility towards this @&%$! company.

Aug 20, 2018 2:36 pm

I just made 145 dollar payment to shaw on March 20 2018 the next day I got a disconnect notice now I know why shaw customers are leaving shaw to go to another company

D
Aug 15, 2018 2:36 pm

signed up for $60 a month service, but the bill has always been nearly $100 a month. today I came home to no service. they'd suspended me with no notice. and refused to turn it on after I made an online payment through my bank, until they receive the money into their account. huh? call back in a couple of business days?

Jan 07, 2010 2:36 pm

My firewall software picks up hackers from many different internet providers. I am not sure why you think this is strictly a problem with Shaw. How can someone hacking into your computer physically destroy it? Maybe you are having problems with your operating system but I know for a fact no hacker in the world is destroying the physical components of your computer. Simply reinstall your operating systems if you are having issues with it.

Also as mentioned by someone else but is something you seem to be missing is that Shaw isn't the police. They provide internet services and aren't in the business of tracking down hackers. Your comments here are counter productive.

Jul 04, 2009 2:36 pm

It is a common misconception that hackers are after the data on your
computer. Hackers are only interested in destroying your computer
or useing your computer to destroy someone elses computer as part
of a botnet.
Shaw Cable could stop hackers with an automated system
that detects users runing a port scan or a denial of service attack or
by limiting the use of the ICMP protocal and ports zero through 1024.

However, Shaw Cable does not use these simple precautions against
hackers like other internet service providers do.

Jun 25, 2009 2:36 pm

Country Code Time Zone Latitude Longitude
CN +08:00 23.117 113.25
ISP Domain Name Net Speed IP Decimal
CHINANET GUANGDONG PROVINCE NETWORK 163DATA.COM.CN - [protected]

Hackers is using this computer and I have got this from what is my IP.He continously attempting to hack for past 20 days.

Apr 29, 2009 2:36 pm

I agree on the hackers thing, nobody should endure it but do you really think that they'd target specifically you for hacking, much less so many times a day. I bet this is an automatic system response or something..unless you have some enemies at Shaw that sit there all day and get paid to hack into your computer. I'm leaning towards neither .. You're right about hackers, nasty stuff, but Shaw?! They're not CSIS or FBI, they provide cable/phone/internet. Again, highly doubt they'll sit there all day and try to hack to your computer specifically to get what, your vacation pictures? Mp3 files? .. Think reaonably for a second. And heck, if you're not happy, there are no contracts, see if Telus or Rogers try to hack your internet.
Cheers :)

Apr 07, 2009 2:36 pm

Quote"Nobody can be held accountable for another persons actions. Just grow up and deal with life." end quote. That's easy for you to say when you have not been on the receiving end of a hack attack. Shaw cable hackers destroyed three of my computers, one Apple laptop, one running Microsoft Windows XP, and one running Red Hat Linux 7. Hackers are everyone's problem because novice hackers start out with defenseless home computer users and work their way up to hacking corporations and yes, even the Pentagon. So it's best in everyone's interests to catch hackers when they first start out. Zero Tolerance for hackers!

Y
Jul 14, 2008 2:36 pm

How about you just be happy that you're firewall software is appearing to work correctly. Nobody can be held accountable for another persons actions. Just grow up and deal with life. There are much more impartant things to cocern yourself with...

Feb 27, 2008 2:36 pm

My router log fills up daily and often twice a day w/ port scanning attempts from shaw.ca Numerous times I've sent the logs and complaints to shaw.ca Nothing seems to matter to them and they don't track down the violator.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

186 complaints