ServProover charging and removal of unauthorized items

S Review updated:

Our home caught fire on December 14, 2010. Two days later I contacted my insurance company. I am not sure at this time if they reccommended Servpro. I called Servpro and I set up an appoointment with their consultant John O'Sullivan along with my insurance adjuster for Sunday the 19th of December. I was never given a written estimate, only an oral one. The estimate was suppose to be between $2, 000.00-$4, 000.00 and the work was to be completed at the end of two weeks from the start date. I was often told that Servpro wanted to save me money and if you need anything just call. Well, phone calls were never returned, even when my adjuster called Servpro, he called me, to call them, to ask them to call him. I had anwhere from 8 to 14 people in my home to pick and pack for about a week and a half. With just 3 people my small home could have been moved within a week. To make sure that Servpro was going to make the so called big bucks, they took their time along with picking and chosing what they had wanted to clean. Most of our belongings were already packed. They took items to clean that were meant to be thrown away. They took our dishes, yet left me with 2 knives. and pots and pans. Took one pair of skis and left a pair behind. They were not suppose to take any of these items. I had to sign off just to retrieve our belongings from storage. I felt as if I was being strong armed. When we arrived to our storage unit and saw what was in there we decided to leave it all there. If you were to add up the cost of the storage unit, it did not even add up to $4, 000.00 in mechantdice. They took so many of our belongings that they were not authorized to. I am trying to fight this bill and other aspects of this situation. I am willing to pay for was first quoted to me. What they did to me and others as I read here is so unwarranted. The BBB when I called them are of no help what so ever. I have made a complaint to the Genral Attourney's office. I dont undeerstand how the insurance companies allow companies like Servpro to charge what they do...Anyone out there who can help me? To add I did ask Servpro to clean my Christams ornaments, they took 3 boxes, left about 5 or 6 more boxes behind and scattered/ They left my basement in worst shape then when they started,

• Rd
    Rdith Ann Apr 23, 2019

Servpro stole many thousands of dollars’ worth of household items, including family heirlooms. They refuse to deal with my attorneys.
    I suggest calling the NnYC public advocate [protected]. Leave a message and they will return your call. The more people they hear from, the better. Good luck and don’t give up!

• I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!!!
    I am trying to spread the word! It Sounds like there are victims of Servpro galore - ! How can this company still operate? I want to ensure nobody has to go through the same experience we had. I am not trying to gain from my bad experience! The Servpro franchise we used completely ruined all of my furniture and antiques by storing them in OUR garage (although we paid for a facility) and actually used my great-grandmother's antique dining room table as a workbench. How sad. They didn't even apologize - they even wanted money for work they did not perform - BEWARE - ! We gave them over $60, 000! They sent a fraudulent claim to my insurance company! I'm still upset with them after 3 years because I am still trying to recoup for the losses they caused. How awful. Any insurance company that recommends them should be penalized by the commissioner of insurance as well. Are they in cahoots with insurance companies? I am pursuing a class action suit against the SERVPRO company at this time. If you are interested, please leave a comment. I will contact you.