Menu
ServPro
reviews & complaints

ServPro
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

73 complaints
17 resolved 56 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of ServPro. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
V
10:03 am EDT

ServPro - I need refund as soon as possible.

I just purchased a voucher from servproofbellingham.com for carpet cleaning. But when I booked the appointment they said they are not accepting voucher. Then I sent an email to get a refund and I got auto response that my mail reached and they will get back to me in 2 days and there is no single mail from them till now eventhough I sent lot of mails again and again. I need refund as soon as possible.

M
4:09 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We had a house fire in August 2011. ServPro of Bethlehem was supposed to take care of the cleaning of our items. There were many problems: things stolen, (they stated that they noticed the items were missing, but they never said anything until we filed a police report), things broken, things ruined, things never cleaned, leaving our personal photos and...

10:00 am EDT

ServPro - work was substandard, rude personnel and etc.

ServPro solicited water damage remediation work in my home. Salesman induced my wife to sign contract without disclosing any price, any unit prices, any labor rates - simply mandated that we pay whatever was billed. Work was substandard, rude personnel, carpets were left dirty, and billing was arbitrary.

2 comments
M
Dec 17, 2013 11:59 pm EST

We have had so many problems with ServPro so I started a facebook page with pictures and documentation. Please feel free to check it out, share, and post your experience on this page as well. I don't want anyone else to have to go through what my family is still going through because of them.

Nov 10, 2013 1:09 pm EST

Springdale/Fayetteville, Arkansas Servpro was the WORST experience I have had on the remediation and restoration ever! They represent themselves as restoration experts. My cat could have done better job! They are sloppy and their work is beyond substandard. I spent 2 months repeatedly showing them the poor work they had done and additional damage they caused hauling their equipment in and out of my house. Despite walking the manager through my house showing him the poor workmanship three different times, he brought his guys out and asked me what it was I wanted redone. If you ask me what I need and I walk you through my house, why wouldn't you take notes or take photos yourself? I finally put sticky notes on all the areas of my house that needed to be redone just so I wouldn't have to repeat myself. That didn't work. You have to talk to these guys in crayon! After the third time he I walked him through, I took the time myself to take photos of everything and texted him photos of the work they did wrong with specific instructions. Seriously? They had to come back and back and back to redothe work. How does a business make a profit margin working like that? They make in on the front end charging $30 a day for each drying machine for 6 days x 17 machines each of which costs them $200 to purchase new! They were polite and
Yes ma'am'd me to death. Their work just was visibly poor! Even non professionals can go to a paint story and match trim color, right? Not the geniuses at Servpro Fayetteville/Springdale, AR! I think a first semesnter high school shop student could have done a better job. I remained calm until one of the last times they came out and the guy actually asked me what I wanted to do with a broken tile they didn't replace! Really? Well, I had to explain to him that the right thing to do would be to replace it with one of the extra tiles I had in my garage. He actually then said that he could replace the door frame around my front door but it wouldn't look the same! He was right. I had to have him come out and redo that. Caulking seams before you paint a door frame seems like less than brain surgery to me but apparently at Servpro in Fayetteville/Springdale, "Whatever we can get away with" is their true intent. I think they thought they would wear me down and I'd take whatever they gave me. Who wants to work with people like that? It has been exhausting and that is why I am going to the trouble to put this out to others. My advice to anyone consideringusing Servpro in Fayetteville, Arkansas is DON'T DO IT. Do not trust their promise in their literature that they will "Make it like it never happened." Had I known then what I know now, I would have never hired them and certainly would not have had them td the repairs afer the remediation. I have oriental carpets which they ran a steam cleaner over and called that clean. I finally had to have professional carpet cleaners to the work. Now, they have sent me a confusing bill and have not even finalized the work! Bad business to put your trust in. Look at alternatives if you have a flood or other home crisis. Their approach each time I pointed out the shoddy work was to say, "We aren't done yet." What I realized is that I had to keep a close eye on everything, document the shoddy work and continue to have them back to redo the work. It was exhausting and I truly believe that since I am a woman, they thought I didn't know enough about remodeling to catch the nonsense. I am grateful to my insurance adjuster for his support and advice to not pay them until the work was done to my satisfacton. Buyer beware when enlisting Servpro in Fayetteville, AR is my best advice. Pat Driscoll

C
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Company placed faulty dehumidifiers in basement after water backup to dry basement. Humidifier was faulty, moisture and mold growth continued. Consumer cleaned the basement of water damaged items and called co to notify them of faulty equipment placed in home. Co removed and replaced faulty equipment. Customer invoiced for 2500.00 for rental of faulty...

9:11 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

If your town ever has a major catastrophe like a flood, and these guys have to come in you better go buy a gun.. They brought so many coons to our nice little town of minot I felt scared going to walmart!!

A
4:36 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Because of water damage from Hurricane Irene we called SERVPRO for service, Their Marketing Representative, John David Scozzaro, gave us a quote of $4, 000. They were suppose to come early afternoon to provide the service, they didn't show up until 9:00PM. And didn't do all they said they would do. However, they billed our insurance compy $7, 835.24. Almost...

J
2:56 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

It has been 1 year since SERVPRO took all of our personal belongings. We have attempted to contact SERVPRO on numerous occasions starting 2 weeks after SERVPRO took our stuff and for about 5 months after attempting to get our things back. We have had the opportunity to thoroughly review the billing totaling $8726.96.00 which SERVPRO provided to us last...

K
5:13 pm EDT

ServPro - worst experience ever!

The ServPro that we used, in Illinois, were the most unprofessional bunch of people that I have ever met. They attempted to do all of the work on their own without hiring qualified contractors. Needless to say, it looks terrible. They charged my insurance complany for work that they never even did!

I would never recommend letting these people into your home!

1 comment

You state you received service from a Servpro Franchise in Illinois, there are several Franchises within the state of Illinois and to better address your concerns you would need to be specific as to which Servpro Franchise serviced your home. It is also possible the Franchise in which serviced your home was not from the state of Illinois, should this have been during the recent flooding that occurred. There were several Franchise sent in from across the county to assist in this area. Please contact Servpro Industries the corporate office to address your concerns you have with the service provided. I will be more than glad to speak with you regarding your concerns. We take all concerns seriously please feel free to call [protected] and choose option #4 for the Quality Assurance Department. Should there not be a response received from you within 5 days; it will presumed you no longer have a complaint and it will be rebuttal, as well as your complaint will be requested to be removed from the complaint board.
The Quality Assurance Coordinator

W
3:06 pm EDT

ServPro - bad customer relations

We hired ServPro of Milwaukee in June 2010 after the death of my father-in-law. We were told that it would only take 4-6 weeks to clean the bio-hazard left by his body and to remove all furniture and appliances. Six months later, we had to demand they get off the property. Early on, I was checking through his papers to find he had home owner's insurance in effect at the time of his death and that a settlement would be made to help pay for the cost of clean up. After I had the paper work in motion, ServPro called and suggested I check into it. They thought we should be grateful for coming up with the idea when I already filled out paper word and was working with an adjuster! We got the settlement check and gave the go ahead to work with in the moneys being paid out. They didn't come back to the house for 3 weeks. In the mean time, comtractors were coming by to solicit business and the crew gave our home phone number to these complete strangers! WRONG THING TO DO!
We gave explicit instructions of what items to keep from the house and put in the detached garage for an estate sale. A vewry expensive embrodery sewing machine, table and bench top power tool are missing. Worth approximately $1500/00. All other items were accounted for. This is a very short version of a long story. There were many more problems we had and we willnever recommend them to anyone! I am following this with a detailed complaint to the BBB.

C
12:30 pm EDT

ServPro - beware

I sent in my computer to be repaired at servpro in israel. first of all, not all the branches that are on their website actually exist. then, i sent my eeepc netbook in and got it back more than a month later with the exact same problem. i then sent it back to them, and have not been able to get straight answers from them for a month and a half. each time i call, i need to have the exact same conversation, explaining why, even tho my netbook is no longer under warrantee, it was when i initially sent it in. each time, the conversation ends with someone saying they need to speak to a supervisor and get back to me, and each time, no one ever calls back (of course, each time i call, there's no way to speak directly to the supervisor)
avoid this company!

2 comments
Jul 03, 2011 4:45 pm EDT

If you want to get a franchise with these people, beware. This is a hard business in a highly competitive market in metro markets. They do not tell everything and there are about 1500 other Servpro s and they seem to compete with each other.

I am trying to spread the word! It Sounds like there are victims of Servpro galore - ! How can this company still operate? I want to ensure nobody has to go through the same experience we had. I am not trying to gain from my bad experience! The Servpro franchise we used completely ruined all of my furniture and antiques by storing them in OUR garage (although we paid for a facility) and actually used my great-grandmother's antique dining room table as a workbench. How sad. They didn't even apologize - they even wanted money for work they did not perform - BEWARE - ! We gave them over $60, 000! They sent a fraudulent claim to my insurance company! I'm still upset with them after 3 years because I am still trying to recoup for the losses they caused. How awful. Any insurance company that recommends them should be penalized by the commissioner of insurance as well. Are they in cahoots with insurance companies? I am pursuing a class action suit against the SERVPRO company at this time. If you are interested, please leave a comment. I will contact you.

7:06 pm EDT

ServPro - beware

Servpro was hired by my apartment complex to clean the debris left in the garages from the flooding. The company cleaned the garages in my building on a day it was raining/snowing. To prevent the gas generator used to power wash the garages from getting "ruined", the company put the gas generator inside the building instead of outside. This caused all the apartments in my building to have high carbon monoxide levels. The fire department, police, and EMS arrived and evacuated all of the us from the building. We had to stay outside for several hours until the carbon monoxide levels went down. Several people had to be taken to the hospital! Such carelessness and ignorance from this company to say the least!

1 comment

So sorry to hear you had this problem! Next time contact your local PuroClean. Find them here at www.PuroClean.com

L
6:51 pm EDT

ServPro - never again

This company is just terrible please do not waste your money! They do take advantage of people in a bad situation. I had a small fire at my house, they showed up, uncalled and before I knew what was happening they had called my insurance company and made a deal with them(has to be a kick back somewhere) They told me how wonderful they were and how I could relax, well that was just the beginning of my nightmare! Told me they would have my stuff out in 2 days, it took 2 weeks, they never showed up when they said, when they did show up all the employees talked about was how they hated working there. At the start of this they told me all about the rules of how they worked and what had to be done, they did NONE of it. Finally at the end of the two weeks I had to go back to work, they told be to just leave my key and they would finish(first no no). After they got all my stuff out they said my clothes were first to be done, ok, after 2 more weeks I called looking for my clothes, we will bring them right over, so they did, all in plastic dry cleaner bags, smelling worse than when they left, they had never been cleaned just bagged like they had. Over the next few months they would bring me stuff all right but most of it was not mine, it belonged to other people I would send it back and they would bring it back to me again! I never got all my stuff back! When I called the man who owns the Servpro he was so RUDE and told me since I did not pay them to unbox my stuff it was just tough! They stole all my great-grand-mothers linens. Antique dishes, old money you name it. Please do not use these people!

R
6:48 pm EDT

ServPro - terrible water damage company

Servpro did a terrible job and are refusing to stand by their work. I had a lot of water damage due to a leaking shower pan and they were contacted to fix it. It was a large job as my bedroom carpet, walls, shower had to be completely redone. They lost my vanity, faucets, sink etc. When finished there was a leak in the shower and water was not draining very well. I had to write a letter and they send someone to fix the leak but said the water was normal in the shower. Now I have a leak again in the same place. The plummer said it is because the shower floor was not pitched correctly according to code! The water has gone thru the tiles and grout and is leaking into the walls. I tried to contact them and was told that the warranty is only for one year! I tried calling corporate office but they are a franchise! The guy jeremy who manages this Servpro just yells at me when he is talking! I am going thru my Insurance company and they will sue them when everything is done but in the meantime I have to come up with another $1, 000 deductable! If they have all these complaints about their Franchises they need to do something about it! Contact McDonalds headquarters and they will! You can not use the McDonalds name if you do not meet up to their standards!

2:02 am EDT

ServPro - did not do what they said they do.

Servpro,
They came and gave us high hopes that everything is going to be ok, then put all these machines in and left and came back the next day a took a meter to the walls and said that they be back tomorrow that was a lot of water in the walls so this went on for three days the 3rd day the insurance said there is no need for them to have all of the equipment in two small rooms so they took them out and when we had to replace the kitchen floors their were water still there so they had to fix it before laiding the floor down. I read their ad on the internet and it said they remove water and deordorizer or diinfectant of mold but they did none. So that is my story please do not use this company at all.

1:54 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Our water heater ruptured and dumped 80 gallons of water into our home. It happened at 11;30 PM on a Friday evening. the insurance recommended servpro as the first choice. We trusted them, but when derrick arrived he talked a good game and only finished half of it. He removed some base boards and drill holes in our wall, and place many fans and 2...

G
9:00 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Worse Experience Ever! If you want a company to come in and not care about your life, belongings or how long it takes to get the job done than this company is for you! Terrible communication worse work ethics and a complete lack of common sense! I think I had more damage from them than the original call

9:41 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Servpro was hired by my apartment complex to clean the debris in the garages left by the flooding. Servpro cleaned the garages in my building on a rainy/snowy day. To prevent the gas generator used to power wash the garages from getting "ruined", the geniuses put the generator inside the building rather than outside. This caused all the apartments in my...

9:04 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

When the company first arrived in my home back in December 2010, I wanted to feel very safe and secure that they were, in fact, doing their job. At first, they were kind and seemed concerned about my issues. But, then after about a week or so, the problems slowly began. I will list them in order for your ease in reading: 1. My husband had some concern...

2:14 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Our home caught fire on December 14, 2010. Two days later I contacted my insurance company. I am not sure at this time if they reccommended Servpro. I called Servpro and I set up an appoointment with their consultant John O'Sullivan along with my insurance adjuster for Sunday the 19th of December. I was never given a written estimate, only an oral one. The...

B
4:17 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Serv Pro was hired by our insurance agency after our painter found that we had a soot problem. Once Serv Pro entered out home, the lady was ooh and aah about all of our damage and what they could do for us. How their "professional" cleaners could/would make everything better. She made photos and drew diagrams of our home. She got sorta upset once we told...

View 0 more photos