ServProbuyer beware

F

I recently had a pipe break in my house and unfortunately called Servpro of Bellaire to do my water remediation. The office manager/owner Christiana Nolander stated they already had enough business and when I stated that my insurance company required me to mitigate my loss she finally agreed and stated that she was doing me a favor. They came out for 2 hours and removed my damaged carpet and left a fan for 3 days for my 1, 400 square foot house. They wanted to leave the fans for an additional 3 days because they moisture tester show a very minimal reading of moisture in a wall and when I rejected this they threatened they would include that I rejected the fans in their report and my insurance claim would be denied; which they did put this in my report to the insurance company. I called Servpro after two weeks of them coming out because my insurance company kept asking me for Servpro’s estimate and report. I called Servpro and they continued saying it should be finished “tomorrow” so I kept calling day after day since they always said it would be finished. After a few weeks of this the owner, Christiana Nolander got on the phone and again stated that she only took the job as a favor and wished she hadn’t if she knew that it would be this much trouble. I stated my insurance company will not pay until they received their report and she stated they will get to it when they can. I received my report and invoice a few weeks later which was over $3, 500. A fan that was put in my kitchen was knocked over and clipped a tile and when I let her know of this she stated “yeah right”. Please if you ever have water or mold damage do NOT call Servpro of Bellaire! Caveat emptor “Buyer Beware”.

• Kg
    Kggdon Mar 16, 2011

I owned a ServPro franchise and worked for one and I have to disagree with the general thought. Many franchises are good, but there are those that just flat out suck and will do whatever they have to to pay their bills. With insurance cutting back many franchises are going the route of ripping off customers/insurance companies by keeping equipment on the job for days extra racking up huge charges. But I've also been around honest ones, the ones that were smart enough to keep a low over head to begin with.

• Ex
    ExServpro Worker Dec 20, 2010

ServPro is an awful company to work for. And yes the do take advantage of their costomers. I know first hand. the workers make commision off the jobs, the higher the price of the job, the bigger pay check the worker gets. [censor] company.