Sears / Kenmore Double Ovenerror code fo and beeping

R

Our oven began beeping and displayed the error code "FO". We contacted Sears and they sent out a repairman who checked the oven and told us we needed an oven control module. He charged us $70 and the part cost $205. On 9/8/08 a repairman came to install the part and charge us another $137. On 9/11/08 the oven displayed the error code "FO" again. At this point I am starting to think this is a message from Sears to their customers.

Again we called Sears and again a repairman came out but this time he said we needed a control panel which costs over $400 and will require another $137 labor charge to install. My wife completly fed up asked me to call about getting credit on the part and labor which did not fix the problem. It seemed a simple request.

It is now 9/30/08 I have been told three times by customer service that someone will contact me either via email or phone within 24 hours. NO ONE EVER MAKES CONTACT and I am forced to email them. Each time I get a canned response telling me to call a 1-800 number that just today my call was dropped three times.

I have just replied to the canned email telling them that no I will not call the 1-800 number any more and that I expect a call telling me my credit card has been credited for the part and labor I did not need before I order the part and schedule the labor that they now say I need.

My intention is to complain about Sears non-stop until someone who can approve the credit contacts me.

Norman Nov 02, 2008

I'm getting the same F0 error message and beeping on my Kenmore double oven and it's driving me crazy. I was going to call service but thought I should check the web for any information first. I'm glad you warned me about the double charge!

Thanks!!!

• Da
    Dan Nov 13, 2008

Me too. Same problem.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices