Sears / Craftsman Lawnmowerlemon craftsman lawnmower

E

On October 4, 2007 I purchased a Craftsman Lawnmower from Sears/Oxmoor Center. This was a returned and refurbished mower but I was assured by the sales person that the quality and warranties were the same as a new mower. I also purchased the extended warranty at that time. Because the mowing season was over when I made the purchase I had no occasion to use the mower until the spring of 2008 by which time the 90 day return policy had expired.
The first time I mowed the mower veered left and right and you could not mow in straight line ( I have a flat even lawn) and at the same time the wheel height adjustments kept jumping out of place causing the mower to drop to the ground. I returned the mower to Sears for repair for the first time in April 25, 2008. It was returned to me on May 6, 2008. When I asked what they did to it and employee told me she couldn’t read the paperwork but that they had changed the oil. It was a new mower, so it didn’t even need and oil change.
I returned the mower again on May 20 and was told at that time that on the original return the mower was actually checked for shaking. I never told them it shook and in fact my paperwork verifies I told them the mower would not mow a straight line when the self propelled mechanism was engaged. I asked for my money back at that time and was refused so I let them take it back again.
My son picked the lawnmower up again on 6/3 and that time they replaced the front wheel drive. After trying the mower out at the Sears Repair Center he was unsatisfied but was told by Michelle the Manager that there was nothing wrong with mower and nothing more they would do. My son explained to them that I was a 73 year old widow and the reason I purchased this self propelled/key start mower is so that I could mow my own lawn. Michelle told him I should have purchased that model lawnmower. I wish the sales person would have told me that when I bought it.
I tried again to mow my lawn and the same thing happened so I returned it on 6/5. Since then I have been in an endless struggle with I couldn’t begin to tell you how many people and departments I have been shuffled back and forth through and the store manager at Sears/Oxmoor will no longer even return my calls!!
Please help me to resolve this. I am a 73 year old widow on a fixed income and I cannot afford to pay someone $25.00 each time I have to return this lawnmower to Sears.

• Br
    brenda pendleton Jul 29, 2014

i brought a riding mower 2 years ago the warranty ran out they wont talk to me the brake cable came of when you start it youare suppose to hold the brake but it takes off with you i have just about got hurt twice on it. i would not recomme nobody to buy one of there mowers at all. brenda pendleton