Having problems with Craftsman?

Craftsman Customer Service Contacts

1000 Stanley Drive
New Britain, Connecticut

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Craftsman Customer Service. Initial Craftsman complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Craftsman above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Craftsman. Discuss the issues you have had with Craftsman and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Craftsman Complaints & Reviews

Craftsman 5hp 22 Inch Snow ThrowerThe bracket that holds down the cables is made of plastic and keeps breaking

I bought the Craftsman 5hp Snow Thrower Model # 247.887000 a couple of years ago and had problems with it since. The bracket that holds down the cables is made of plastic and keeps breaking. Every year I have to replace it. It should have been made of a heavy metal. This snow storm I had to pay someone to clean the snow out of my driveway because as soon as I started to use the snow thrower the plastic bracket broke again. I thought that craftsman made a better product than this. But I was wrong..

Craftsman lawn mowerWon't honour their advertisement

Saw Sears Outlet Store advertisement for "DOOR CRASHER DEALS" to be held on Boxing Day, December 26, 2012. Attended the store @ 6 a.m., and received a ticket to purchase a "Craftsman Lawnmower, Rear wheel drive Briggs Stratton, 850 keystart. Limit 1 per customer. reg price $599.99 - SALE $99.94". Beneath a picture of the lawnmower, there was the statement "may not be exactly as illustrated." Purchased the lawnmower but was told they didn't have them in stock yet & they'd call when it arrived.

Received call from store saying the mower was in & ready for pick up. Asked if it was in fact a key start (as advertised) & was told they'd check and call me back. Called them a few days later & they offered me my $$$ back - I refused. They said they'd contact Sears Customer Service & get back to me. I called them a few days later & what it boils down to is they're not prepared to honour their advertisement & to take it up with Sears Customer Service.

NOTE: To date, there have been no corrections in the local newspaper to cover any potential errors for the Craftsman Lawnmower that was advertised.

SEARS SUCKS!

• Ba
        baz68 Jan 19, 2013

The exact same thing happened to me. I was number 7 in line. I still don't have the lawn mower. I contacted sears customer service. They told me that the situation would be fixed in twenty four hours and I would be contacted by the store to fix the problem. That was on Sunday the 13th of January. Today sears St. Albert called me to come in and look at lawn mowers. Not feeling too optimistic Bout the. Bing all to resolve it. Will never shop at sears again.

• Sc
        scott will Sep 08, 2010

i have tried several times to overlook some things about my purchase, but no matter how big or small the problem with my lawnmower does not reflect the service i have gotten. my lawnmower started out with the pulley slinging off after ten minutes of mowing, went back to store got a new nut and pulley cover come home and put on myself no problem . problem is went it happened again i relized the bolt in there was way to short straight from the factory mentioned that to store manger and he gave me a new bolt, nut, pulley cover, and a new belt still i come home and do all this myself. then lawnmower starts shutting down after 30 minutes of mowing so icalled august 26 for service, at first they tell me two weeks then the service man said one week which would have been on tuesday the 31 . no one called and cancelled or nothing then i call back and they said service was still scheduled for the original date sept. 7 and no one showed up or called and cancelled now they are saying sept 14 this is getting way out of hand and i am not satified with lawnmower or service i am three weeks out of my 90 day satisfaction guaranteed i am not saying i got to have all my money back since mower has 11 hours i would like some kind of offer after all the lawnmower is over a 1900.00 lawnmower please respond i am not a rich man and can not afford to just pay someone everyweek to mow my yard thanks

• Mr
        m r lapalme Jul 15, 2009

a couple of weeks ago i submitted a complaint about having problems with my defected lawn mower which never worked properly since i bought it. i havenot received any word about it it was to be used in our other home in south carolina please get back to me as my lawn is growing fast

CRAFTSMAN CLADDINGGiving Craftsman Cladding my business is the biggest mistake I have ever made in my entire life

If you want cowboys, you have come to the right company. I had the great misfortune to employ this company to replace my old wooden facia with new upvc cladding in April 2009. Despite it coming with a 10 year warranty, I am still fighting them to repair their faulty work, over 12 months later. Take my advice and AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS.

When I first made an enquiry to have the work done, they were bending over backwards, constantly phoning me to see if I wanted to go ahead with the job. On the day of signing up, the salesman even drove 45 miles from Edinburgh to ensure they got the contract. (Desperate or what!!)

I chose to go with a coloured fascia instead of the usual white. The sample the salesman showed me was nothing like the final product and if you look up at my facia from ground level you can see it has simply been sprayed with paint rather than coming out of the factory already coated. There is white all around the underside of it and pretty unsightly when noticed. I have since found out they get a local [bodyshop I ws advised] company to simply spray it the colour of your choice.
      The installation went ahead smoothly and the actual fitters were very nice and extremely helpful. On completion of the job, the balance of the payment HAD to be paid immediately, which I gave to the fitters. However, when I first saw this facia, I wish I had just cancelled the whole job and forfeited my deposit.

Over the next few weeks, once my cheque had been cashed, I noticed several faults with the installation which I reported to their “Customer Service”. I use this term very loosely as it does not exist at all and I feel they could do with going on courses to learn how to actually deal with their customers. Over the past 12 months they have been out to sort at least six faults.
      THIS IS WHERE MY GRIPE WITH THE COMPANY LIES.
      I had and still have to escalate all my faults to their director David Stewart, who apparently has to sanction all remedial work. He is the most arrogant person I have ever had to deal with in any company. Instead of taking responsibility and rectifying my faults, he continuously tells blatant lies that he will phone back when he never does. That is only when I actually manage to speak with him. This is cascaded down to the rest of the staff and when I phone to register a fault found, I am told he is either in a meeting or mysteriously “out”. Don’t waste your time waiting for a return call as it will never come. I have kept a detailed record of all the times I have had to contact them over the past 12 months to report these faults and it does not make for good reading. It is only when I contact them again and again that they actually say they have someone pencilled in to visit “tomorrow” to fix the fault. Of course, if I hadn’t phoned them all these times I would be still waiting. Each complaint has taken approximately 6 - 8 weeks to fix once reported to them.

I have little confidence in this company and would advise other prospective buyers to stay well away. There are plenty other more trustworthy companies out there to give your hard earned money to and if I could turn back the clock and go elsewhere, I would.

Giving Craftsman Cladding my business is the biggest mistake I have ever made in my entire life.

CraftsmanWhat a waste of money and product

I own a Craftsman set including a cordless drill, trim saw, reciprocating saw and fluorscent light with chargers. My complaint is that all batteries will no longer accept a charge and now the entire kit is worthless to me. Replacement batteries are too expensive. I can buy individual items with batteries from other sources that will do the job but I would prefer to use my kit that I already own. I was leaving the batteries on their respective chargers in order to always have them ready when needed.

This, apparently, was the wrong thing to do as the batteries stopped working either from surface charge build-up or damage by overcharge. Nontheless, I feel I may as well trash the entire kit and re-buy individual tools. I know I can find others much less than the Craftsman brand so, unless I hear something positive from you soon, I will follow-up. I intend to also post this online to warn others not to buy kits. What a waste of money and product!

• ript May 09, 2012

Read it again. The OP stated respective chargerS.

• ript May 09, 2012

^ You think all the chargers went bad at the same time GEOMMM?

Sears #1318 / Craftsman Buffer — rude and unfriendly customer service

My name is Misty Waldon, I received a lot of tools for Christmas, one of these items was a craftsman 2.4 hp...

Craftsman winter coat — zipper

My wife had bought me a new craftsman winter coat and it has a zipper that works both ways it is very hard to...

Craftsman lawn tractor model 917.289720 — tractor seat

i bought an new yellow and black professional garden tractor 48 inch cut and when the store delivered it I...

Elkland

Craftsman — Customer Service

On 8/30/11 12:49 pm I went to Sears (parts & repair), 3555-1 St. Johns Bluff Rd. Jacksonville, FL, to buy a...

Sears Craftsman Miter Sawbroken guard

I bought a power miter saw from them and the guard was defective. The saw sat on a table and one day when I went to use it the guard just broke off into the saw blade. Now they want over $20 just to ship this $16 part to Alaska. I will continue to use the saw without the guard and if I ever cut myself using it I will own some of Sears. I don't know why Sears has stores in Alaska when they want to rip us off on shipping for parts for their products.

broken guard

• Te
              Tech Soft Nov 13, 2015

Well, check this http://chopsawreviews.com/craftsman-10-single-bevel-sliding-compound-miter-saw/

• Jb
              jbfirebird Jul 11, 2011

cutting your nose/"hand" off spite your face...great idea

JKDE Jul 11, 2011

Sears has stores in Alaska to sell product.

Parts come from suppliers all over the USA.

Your part cost $20 to ship it to Alaska.

Operating the saw without the guard and telling the world you will do this, makes you openly negligent and makes Sears not responsible if you cut yourself.

Craftsmanquality

I have been a customer of Sears for most of my adult life. I am 63 years old and have enjoyed your products a number of years. Over the past years I have sworn off of any air compressor or craftsman power product. We have all heard of bad luck comes in three's, in my case it comes in two's. Everytime I purchase a lawn and Garden item, Chain Saws, Weed eaters, blowers I purchase two, one for me and one for my father in law. Each of the items only lasted two years and could not be repaired at a reasonable cost. In the past 4 years I have purchased two air compressors under the same circumstance. Each compressor was received with a bad air nossel, we was replaced and each compressor will not old air overnight much less a couple of days. Here recently I find myself wanting to buy another compressor that will hold air and not think about all the trouble I have with your product. I continue to patronize your company and this time I am going to ask for some type of discount, return or something if I buy another compressor. My name is allen Byrd at [protected]@comcast.net

• SearsCare Jul 07, 2011

To Allen Byrd,

I'm sorry that you've had so many issues with your Craftsman compressor. We do value you as a Sears customer and would appreciate the opportunity to resolve this and any other Sears related issue you may have. My name is James and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears. At your convenience, please contact our office at [email protected] Please send us an email providing a contact phone number and the phone number the compressor was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Allen Byrd) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Craftsman Riding Lawn Mower — Customer Service

I purchased a Craftsman Professional series riding lawnmower in July of 2008. I may of 2011 i noticed there...

Craftsman Lawn TractorDelay in Repairs

On April 18, 2011, our Craftsman riding mower broke down. We contacted Sears and was told that repairs were covered under warranty (we bought the machine in June 2010 for approx. $1200). The blades are not turning and we cannot mow the lawn (1 acre). First appt. was for May 4 wherein they installed a new belt and new battery (we paid for battery). After repairman left, belt fell off. Sears ordered another belt and scheduled another appt. for May 9 wherein they installed another new belt. After repairman left, belt fell off again. Sears ordered more parts (4 boxes of which we have not opened) and scheduled appt. for June 1. Sears cancelled this appt. and we rescheduled for June 6. On June 2, Sears called and rescheduled the appt. for June 24. Sears cannot figure out what is wrong with the tractor, cannot fix it and keeps delaying our appts. saying that other people are in need. Our family has always bought Craftsman tools, lawn mowers, etc. (I am also a Craftsman member) and cannot believe the type of service (NONE) we are receiving from Sears. We are very frustrated and want to return the tractor and get a refund or a new tractor. Please let us know what the next steps are to make a "customer" happy with your product. Thank you.

JKDE Jun 03, 2011

Return it while you still can. Sears will keep delaying the repairs and soon you will be told it is too late to return it.

Do some internet search on the models before you get another one.

There are some good Sears riding mowers and bad ones.

Good luck.

Sears Craftsman Lawn Mowerfalse advertising for warranty

I purchased a $400+ gas push mower, with key start from Sears and 2 weeks later received mail soliciting that I could buy extended 3 year warranty for 114.99...
                if I called [protected] by May 30 1011. I called on May 15, and the phone operator said he could not honor this price, that I would have to pay 100.00 more. Long hold waiting to speak to supervisor, who finally got on to say, that I would have to mail in the payment, they could not honor that price by phone ... (the Ad said to Call by May 30 to get the price!)
                I asked to speak to anther supervisor, While waiting I said I was noticing the google searches for class action law suits citing fraud in Sears Warranty solicitations...

Here's the thing. While on hold to speak to someone.. I waited 5 minutes and called the same number. ( on my second phone cel phone) Got a different person on the phone and had no problem to get the warranty at that price using the same phone number. Go figure.

Way to go Sears.

RESOLVED

• Updated by SearsCare · May 18, 2011

To customer57,

I'm happy that this was eventually resolved for you but I apologize that it happened in the first place. I wanted to reach to show that the issue has not gone unnoticed and to offer additional assistance if needed. My name is James and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears. At your convenience, please contact our office at [email protected] Please send us an email providing a contact phone number and the phone number the push mower was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (customer57) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Craftsman Snowthrower 24788770 — snowblower repair

This winter I went to Sears (Lindenhurst) to replace a spark plug for the above mentioned snow thrower. I...

Craftsman Leaf Blower — Equipment dissapearing

I took my leaf blower in for repair to Sears. I was told that it would take 10 days. Two months later a lady...

Sears / Craftsman Lawnmower — repair of lawnmower

In September 2008 I purchased a craftsman 625 series lawnmower serial#072408M021169 from Sears. Since then I...

CraftsmanWatch out! Warranty on Lawn and Garden tools has changed!

FYI The Craftsman "lifetime warranty" has been lifted on new tools like: shovels, rakes etc. which have a wooden handle
                  it has been replaced with a 25 year "limited warranty"
                  fiberglass handled tools seem to still have the lifetime guarantee.

don't know why they did it, if a shovels gonna break its gonna do it within 25 years the only thing that will happen with this change will be a loss of many loyal customers... they're gonna loose money...

ohh yea all of craftsman's "New Innovative" tools are made in china
                  these tools include:
                  -the "dogbone" wrench
                  - the "universal Wrench" (boxed end is a bunch of raised edges)
                  - the reversible open ended wrenches
                  basically if it doesn't look like a normal tool then its probably made in china
                  I think i have seen some other tools that are made in china as well.

and pretty much every power tool is made in another country

craftsman is destroying themselves and pissing people off in the process... WHY?

Sears / Craftsman — lawn mower lemon

I bought a lawn mower in 6/2007. It was in the shop 3 times under warranty for the same thing. The front...

CraftsmanThere seems to be a poor and inconsistent product quality of tools under &Craftsman& brand name

There seems to be a poor and inconsistent product quality of tools under "Craftsman" brand name.

The store management is callously indifferent to requiring customers to make repeated trips to store to correct problems and the resulting inconveniences.

The apparent economy of purchasing items at Sears is illusory after one considers the cost of remedying problems.

The "real cost" of buying at Sears is probably higher than than buying from other merchandisers.

• SearsCare Jul 06, 2011

To Norb Warnes,

I'm sorry that you are unhappy with the quality of the tools you have purchased from Sears. My name is James and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and we would like to address this and any other Sears related issue you may have. We value you as a Sears customer. At your convenience, please contact our office at [email protected] Please send us an email providing a contact phone number and please also provide the screen name (Norb Warnes) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

JKDE Jul 01, 2011

When Sears started to act like K-Mart, the quality of their Craftsman tool line, management, and service went downhill.

CraftsmanNew saws don't hold up as well as your older saws do

My complaint is that your new saws don't hold up as well as your older saws do. Last year around this time we bought one of your new Craftsman chain saws, a 16 inch 36 cc. We have cut some where about 4 racks of wood with this saw.

It has never worked as well as my old craftsman.

I'm not happy with this new saw. After the saw runs for a half of hour or so, its real hard to start back up. My old Craftsman saw never did lay down on me.

So why is your new saw Beening Lazy? If you are going to put your name on these saws, make sure that they can do the job.