Sears Brands / repair services is a nightmare

I requested repair service about six moths ago regarding a dishwasher leak, which up to now has never been resolved. Sears has dispatched a total of 4 field technician so far. Each one of them I had different diagnostics and after a bunch of spare parts ordered, still no resolution to the leak issue. The scenario is that whenever the previous technician orders a part he instructs you to call in to re-schedule an appointment whenever the part arrived. Unfortunately, when the new technician arrives only to ask you why the previous technician ordered that particular part and that it was the wrong diagnostic. After a total of 4 technicians with different conflicting diagnostics I called in to voice my opinion. I was told that they were not sending in any more technicians claiming that based on the diagnostics, the parts were not covered under the contract. This is the company that advertises that if they couldn't fix it, they would replace it but to my surprise I was told they the parts were not covered.
With this kind of horrible service and not offering what was advertised to the clients is the reason why end users loose trust in the would have been legit service providers. Is it worth signing up for such service contracts? One is better off saving the premium amount in a piggy bank and use it whenever any appliance breaks down.

Wi