Sears / maintenance agreement

Chicago, IL, United States

Case# [protected]

Master Protection Agreement

Sears has lost its compass! I have been a loyal & long time customer of Sears. Recently, I've had a difficult time getting service. We can start with my garage door opener that stopped operating. They came and said I was entitled to a replacement. I was told they were ordering & replacing the entire unit. This was on or about October 14, 2018. For two months they dragged their feet and said the opener was not available. On or about December 18, they came and replaced my opener. They were supposed to come on the week after. I received a call from my wife that they were at my house and wanted to do the repair then so I scrambled to get home. By the time I got home the opener was half installed. There were bits and pieces of plastic and debris all over the floor of my garage. My Garage door opener was replaced, but when they replaced the opener they were supposed to leave me a new remote control. They lied and said they did. That is not the case! Also, the keypad was not programmed to the new opener. I called customer service and they had the installers come back. They told me when they came back that the new opener was not compatible with the old openers remote. No one told me this would be the case. I keep getting referred to a "Daniel" in Sears Garage Door. He is not service oriented or nice person at all nor does not care about the customer. This situation needed to be resolved ASAP as I had a door with no remote for over two months. That's as bad as having an opener that didn't work since October 14. Sears came out again, but the issue still is not resolved. My Garage door opener was replaced, but the existing opener and keypad does not work properly. When they replaced the opener they were supposed to leave me a new remote control. They lied to customer service and said they did! That is not the case! Also, the keypad is not programmed to the new opener. They told me today when they came back that it is not compatible with the old opener. No one told me this would be the case when they offered a replacement. In addition, the only thing they replaced was the motor & housing. Not the chain, assembly etc. and again no remotesI keep getting referred to a "Daniel" in Sears Garage Door. He is not service oriented and just does not care! You can call their office and most times after 2:00 0r 3:00pm pm it goes to voicemail. Hell of a way to do business! This situation needed to be resolved ASAP as I had a door with no remote for over two months. That's as bad as having an opener that didn't work since October 14. I also found out that the new opener was not compatible with the old keypad. They did not communicate any of this to me. I have been a customer for over 40 years... Is some way to treat someone like me? Customer Service keeps arranging service, but they do nothing as they are a separate franchise. Also, when they replaced the opener with this sub-standard one they broke a bulb, also shattered plastic made a mess that I had to clean-up. They left the old opener in the middle of the floor. People apologize, but nothing has ben done about it. I've been totally mistreated and disrespected. After writing several times you just get emails like this:

Dear Steven,

Thank you for contacting Sears!

I am sorry to know that you have been subjected to such a frustrating series of events. We truly apologize for the inconvenience caused. This is definitely not what we want our members to experience.

We request you to contact REPAIR SOLUTIONS-[protected], [protected] as this is the team who deals with these issues and the hours of operation: 7:00 AM - to 6:00 PM CST.

Sears appreciates your patience and understanding in this matter.

If you have any questions or need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our office at [protected].

Regards,
Suzanne N
Sears Member Services

Then you call and get more emails like this:

Dear Steven,

Thank you for contacting Sears!

We have received your query, I request you contact the protection agreement benefits administration
team (PABA) at [protected] as this is the team who deals with these issues and Hours of Operation: 8:00am to 7:00pm EST.

Regards,
Sara k
Sears Member Service

And they do nothing!

After several emails they finally sent me a Keypad, but I still have a crummy new opener and old parts and still NO REMOTE control.

Next, stay tuned for my frustrations with my Boiler repair! This has me Boiling!

Not the same company it once was... Very Sad!

St