Having problems with Sears?

Sears reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 19, 2006. The latest review Refrigerator deliver a was posted on Aug 2, 2021. The latest complaint kenmore refrigerator was resolved on Sep 13, 2018. Sears has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 2538 reviews. Sears has resolved 939 complaints.

Sears Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 665 2127 (Sears Home Services)
+1 866 850 0518 (New Orders)
+1 877 550 9254 (Existing Orders)
3333 Beverly Road
Hoffman Estates, Illinois

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Sears Customer Service. Initial Sears complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Sears above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Sears. Discuss the issues you have had with Sears and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Sears Complaints & Reviews, Page 65

Sears Portrait Studiopictures

Yesterday my family and I had a twelve o'clock appointment to get pictures taken. The lady that did our pictures was very unprofessional she was dressed for lounging, and just lacked the ability to do her job. We waited 30 minutes while she attended another clients pictures. I thought that is why we had appointments. Meanwhile my five month old son was getting fussy. My boyfriends eyes were half closed in one shot and when reviewing them she did not offer to retake them but suggested that was the best picture and suggested we get it in a small size, because she said no one will notice. That was very tacky. We waited for four hours and finally got to go home. I will never go back there again and I will not send my friends or family there. The ladies working there all seemed more into getting fuzzy holiday pens more important than helping the clients.

Sears / Central Air Conditioning Systemfraud

On July 16, 2011 I purchased a Kenmore 18 SEER central air conditioner and air hanger system which was later installed by a Sears certified mechanic on August 5, 2011. Since that time I have made numerous phone calls to both the store (Sears in Stroudsburg, PA) and the project manager (Hector Toledo) asking for a AHRI certificate so I could file for a $300 HVAC equipment rebate from my energy provider (MetEd). Everyone who has answered the phone and been very pleasant and has promised that the appropriate person would return my call, but no one has ever called me back. I placed at least a half dozen calls within a six month period immediately following the sale.

When we got an unexpected hot spell in April 2012 we turned on the central air conditioning system and got a surprise – it blew hot air. Again, I called Sears but no one returned my call. Luckily, I had the business card from the mechanic who installed my system (Mike from MJA Heating & Air Conditioning) and he promptly returned my call and came out to investigate. He found that the compressor wasn’t working and needed to be replaced – only 8 months after the initial installation. He said that there was a leak and that things like this occasionally happen. I took him at his word and left it at that since he was replacing the unit at no cost to me.

Since that time, I have contacted the Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) myself in hopes of obtaining a certificate so I could file for my energy rebate. And, lo and behold, I found out why no one from Sears had been returning my calls. When I provided the model and serial numbers of the equipment I was told that the air handler was not certified to work with in conjuction with the condenser that was installed. The air handler should have been an FVM4X60. They then told me that the systems:
    • Would not render 18 SEER
    • Would burn each other other due to system contamination.

I have since spoke to several people from various air conditioning companies and they all agreed with the information provided by the AHRI.

This system cost me $9, 968.00 which I have been paying off monthly. My interest free period expires in February 2013 at which time I had planned to pay off the unit in full. This now puts me in a difficult position since I know that what was installed was not what I paid for. I purposedly purchased a high efficiency system to keep my electrical costs reasonable since electricity is my source source of energy for the house. I am also concerned that I am going to miss the deadline for the $300 energy rebate (which is June 2013). But most of all, I am afraid that the system is going to repeatedly malfunction. The inconvienence is bad enough since repairs require time off from work, but I am most concerned about the out of warranty costs that may incur.

I am contacting the Better Business Bureau in hopes that you can can intercede and render satisfactory results. But, if you feel that this needs to be fought legally in court, your recommendation on how to proceed would be most appreciated. I’m not sure if I need a contract lawyer (breach of contract in not providing a certified 18 SEER system) or a criminal lawyer (for fraud). I would like to avoid having to go to court to resolve this issue, but need to get this issue resolved before both the energy rebate time frame or the interest free payment period expires.

I have copies of all of the paperwork, but have summarized some of the key information for you as noted on the following page of this letter.

Sales Information:
    • Proposal date: 07/16/11
    • Furnance/Fan Coil model: FXM4X4200A
    • Condenser Unit: *4A836GKD
    • Purchased by: Phyllis M. Hauner-Morris
    Address:28 Laurel Ridge Road, East Stroudsburg, PA [protected] which has since been re-addressed as 2142 Laurel Ridge Road, East Stroudsburg, PA [protected]

Installation Information:

AHRI:
    • Website: www.ahrinet.org
    • Phone: [protected]
    • Fax: [protected]
    • Address: Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI)
    2111 Wilson Blvd, Suite 500
    Arlington, VA 22201

• Al
        aljk26 Mar 04, 2014

We had a top of the line heating and ac system installed through the same office in 2008 and have had nothing but problems. There were numerous code violations from the installation which took 5 years to fix (including the fact that the oil furnace was exhausting into our basement) and the humidifier fried itself immediately due to being miswired. This was a $15, 000 energy efficient system that has only cost us money due to the improper installation. The sears office is terrible at getting back to us and have never truly acknowledged their part in hiring a bad contractor. They have fixed the visual issues, but the heat still regularly breaks down. I've called Hector Toledo multiple times and he is either not in or I get his voicemail which is not returned. Never deal with this office because they do not care about customer service.

Sears — delivery

I purchased a Whirlpool 22cu ft side by side fridge on Thursday December 6, in store. I paid for delivery and...

Sears Roebuck & Copension

Received a letter dated 11/07/12 in which Sears Pension stated I was able to withdraw my pension as a store manager of 22 years. After not receiving any paperwork after two
      Weeks I call the pension dept. and was informed sorry the deadline was 11/19/12 and sorry you can't get your pension until 55 years of age. The pension has not been earning since the Kmart/Sears merger. I just want what is entitled after 22 years before Sears goes out of business. Once again Sears screws it employees. What a terrible company.

Searsfalse advertising, bait and switch on black friday

Oak Brook location messed up a few times.

1. Black Friday (Thursday 8pm). Waited for a few hours, got a ticket for a product (B&N SimpleTouch). You would think this meant I'd get it right? Well I go in, pay for the ticket, and wait in yet another line to pick up the product. Suddenly, they're out of stock.

How do you not do a simple inventory check on a huge shopping day like this? Would have saved me a lot of time, not to mention the other 3 customers who were turned away without recourse. (btw, I was ticket #13).

2. I talk to the manager, saying this is not acceptable to promise a product by the ticket, have customers pay for it, and then not have it on stock. He mentions he can refund my money. I could have left 1.5 hours earlier and waited in line at Target for the same product, but wasted my time hoping for a product that was on stock. I ask for a raincheck and he writes one out.

(Tangent: I was pretty calm compared to one of the ladies flipping out that she couldn't buy two and demanded a free warranty because the last one had a dented corner).

3. A day later, he calls, saying they will not be getting a new shipment of B&N SimpleTouch e-readers for the rest of this season. So...way to waste my time, right? Well he offers a Kindle.

4. I go over, and see the Kindle. In the managers' words, it is the "most comparable product." Um, not really, it's smaller, doesn't have a touch screen, isn't compatible with the B&N e-books, and is worth less than the product I bought. Do they also try to sell Mac users a PC when they run out of Macs? I ask why they can't offer a better product, or get my Nook from somewhere else.

5. Manager has the audacity to say, "Hey man, you only paid $40." Yeah so what? I got a good deal because I waited in the cold for 3 hours AND PAID, so live up to your side of the promise and HAVE THE PRODUCT ON STOCK. It's not my mistake you couldn't run an inventory check. Thanks for a classic fraudulent scam known as the bait-and-switch!

6. Asked manager what can be done. "Nothing." I ask if his boss can do something. "No." I ask for his bosses's information. Then I submit a complaint to Sears.com's regular customer service, along with their social media team. Here is Sear's response:

"Due to the nature of the Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday weekend sales, we are not able to guarantee customers product availability on limited quantity promotional items."

Well guess what Sears! Black Friday isn't a blanket excuse for avoidable mistakes! You advertised it'd be in stock in print and by passing out those tickets, at least own up to your shoddy service and do something more than offer a refund or a crap replacement.

• Sears's response · Jun 03, 2016

Jeanne C Aspinall,
            I came across your post today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. I am truly sorry for the troubles you have experienced with your refrigerator and the level of customer service you have received. We realize how important it is to have a working refrigerator in your home, as it stores your food, drinks and medicines. We do our best to make every service interaction both positive and memorable for our customers, and we do apologize for falling short of that mark in this instance. If you would allow us the opportunity, we would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your experience and see what can be done to make things right. At your convenience please contact our office via email at [email protected] so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email please provide the best contact phone number or the number to which the refrigerator is listed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your screen name (Jeanne C Aspinall) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R.

Ex Tech Jun 03, 2016

Hi there
            I'm a former sears appliance tech from NYC, I left sears central in 2010 and I'm satisfied I don't work there anymore, the problem from what you said is the defrost system is defective ( heater element or defrost thermostat, or timer control ) it is an easy repair, what's happening is, as ice builds up, it blocks your vent to the refrigerator section, this repair should have taken about 1 hour to repair,  Sears home central is destroying themselves, new techs don't know what to do. exp techs are overloaded and must finish their routes as soon as possible for the day. The repair would have cost more or less about $200.  sears is wasting time and money. smart company right ?
            routing, managers, techs, customers all against one another.

• Je
            Jeanne C Aspinall Jun 03, 2016

In the beginning of Nov. 2012 my Kenmore refrigerator/freezer began to frost over in the freezer compartment. Over the course of 2 months, Sears made 5 trips to my home in order to try and repair the freezer. Finally, on January 2, 2013 the repair man deemed it "SCRAP" and since we had the Sears Master Warranty, we were allotted 1000.00 to purchase a new refrigerator. We immediately went to Sears and selected a new one. In the mean time the refrigerator temperature rose to 52 degrees. I had to purchase a small refrigerator in order to have food in the house. I was reimbursed for the food loss, but I was told that, "If I had purchased the small refrigerator from Sears I would be reimbursed for it. Well, I didn't buy it from Sears and I never intend to buy anything else from Sears again. Also, we are insulin dependent diabetics and lost a very large amount of medication, that also isn't covered, although it doesn't state that in the warranty agreement. After 32 years of being a Sears customer, I am very unhappy with their service. The small refrigerator cost us $140.00, the insulin was about $400.00 and I feel that I should be reimbursed for these items as well. When I call the Food Loss Department, I am told that the case is closed since I cashed the check for the Food Loss and essentially, I am out of luck. Poor business practices, computerized phone calls, and lousy service has turned me away from Sears.

• Jd
            JDH58 Dec 09, 2012

I have an e-mail from an order saying they have my order and got a phone call saying they want confirmation. I call and confirm and they say your order will be shipping and now I call to see where my order is and they say they can no fill the order but want to offer me 5% off anything else where it was $130 the price on Black Friday
            I have asked for my order and will take it all the way to top management if needed as If you have an e-mail and a confirmation e-mail and a phone message saying they are sending your item how can they back out now.
            Maybe we should all file complaints with the BBB and type on every bulletin board around!!!

Sears Canadaprice match lies

Sears, Canada website says thet price Guarentee.Its a lie. When given the price from a store called canada Appliance Source they claimed it was a wholesaler .Not true.Its a retail store.
          I waited 40 min. to be put on hold again for another 40 Min.
          Then I was told that they would not price match with the store.This is false advertising.Sales reps were terrible.
          They need a class action lawsuit.

• Ra
              Ray Psaila Dec 19, 2012

I purchased a Kenmore Refrigerator about 1 year ago and have replaced the Meat and Vegetable storage unit centre support bracket twice as it has broken in the same place on the bracket on two occasions. I decided that replacing the bracket again would not be wise as the bracket is just going break again.

This due to no supports under the main support. The centre support can not support any medium weight applied to it. Instead of re purchasing a new bracket every time it breaks I decided to make supports, as shown in the attached photo that now support the main centre support. In my opinion this bracket should have some type of support. I am wondering why Sears would not test this in real life situations, because if they did they would realize that if the storage unit is filled with vegetables or meats the bracket is not string enough to support the weight. I f the a full storage unit is left open and the fridge door closes on it the storage unit does not slide back some of the times, which puts stress on the bracket. If you do that too many times and you take into count the weight that is in the storage units, the combination of the two weakens the bracket and it breaks at the front-end of the bracket.

I would like to know where Sears stands on this matter.

Model # 596.[protected] Serial # K03021593

Sears Home Imrovementroof replacement

I purchased a roof installation from Sears home improvement only because of the brand name – SEARS. What I got was a huge dissapointment. I found the truth of the operation. What they do is inject themselves between you the customer and theconstruction contractor with no value add. What you get is a middle man. I ignored the usual red flags, long contract, money up front, and high pressue sales; all because I was blinded by the name brand. What I got is poor workmanship, run-around and poor customer service; a rude awakening. First the salesman appears promising everything except a reasonable price. They will, however, give you a price reduction if purchased today. They take your credit card number or gladly open a charge account for you. My issues started with the quality of work. It was so poor that it failed county inspections. Did Sears address the failures and my concerns? In some cases yes and in some no. I still have county inspection failues nearly a year after the work began. The process I had and still have to go through to get the right thing done is and was exhausting. Will everyone have a bad experince – probably not. The company ethics probably varies from sears regional office to regional office. The workmanship probably varies from subcontractor to subcontractor. In my case, did I get good workmanship – NO. Did I get a high price – YES. Did I get good customer service – NO, do I fell that I was treated ethically – NO. From my perspective Sears mainly ignored my concerns. They also kept hidden their ace, the independent third party inspection. If you expect to see the independent third party inspection report, change your expectations. In short my advice is, if you want to take a gamble on a job will done – Call Sears. If you want a job well done, call someone else. Also if your reading this during the contract cooling off period, get out now! If your reading this before – go somewhere else. If your in your contract, well I hope your gamble pays off. – Unsatisfied ex-customer.

• Sears's response · Dec 01, 2012

Dear Unsatisfied ex-Customer,
                Please accept our sincere apologies for the troubles you have experienced our home improvement service. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support Team. I understand how frustrating it can be to purchase roofing and it did not meet your expectations. Even more, I can see how irritating can be to receive poor customer service while to rectify the issue. We would like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to discuss your experience and ensure that you receive your refunds in a timely manner. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at [email protected] so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email, please provide a contact number and the phone number the roof installation is listed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your Screen name (Unsatisfied ex-Customer) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.
                Liz R
                Social Media Support

Searselectronic return

I purchased a Samsung LED TV from Sears online ($600) and picked it up within a few hours from a local store. Unfortunately, I found out after bringing it back home that it did not fit into the space I wanted to use. I tried to return it next day (in all original package/boxes), but I was told by the store manager that since the box has been opened, they need to charge 15% ($90) restocking fee. They told me that once the box is opened, it is considered used. Their return policy does not clearly state that and I think it is very misleading. I want everyone who is planning to shop at Sears during this holiday season to be aware of this misleading return policy. I don't want anyone else to make a mistake like I did and end up having a TV does not fit into a room. I won't be doing any type of business with Sears anymore. So, if you want to do worry free electronic purchase, go somewhere else.
              Very Disappointed with Sears

• Sears's response · Dec 01, 2012

KWC,
                  Please accept our sincerest apologies for the troubles you have experienced with your television. I can understand how discouraging it is to purchase a television and find out the TV will not fit in the space where you needed it. We would like to connect you with a dedicated case manager and discuss your experience. . At your convenience, please contact our office via email at [email protected] so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email, please provide a contact number and the phone number the repair was scheduled under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your Screen name (KWC) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.
                  Liz R
                  Social Media Support

KWC Dec 01, 2012

Thank you Liz R. I am really surprised and happy to learn that Sears really care (SearsCare) about a stupid customer like me.

KWC Dec 01, 2012

Not special...I have spoken with many people (including Sear's associates) that when you are exchanging an item to upgraded item, many cases they have waived a restocking fee at Sears, but that requires manager's approval (I assume a GM of store needs to approve it). So it seems like they are already doing it at each store level with Manager's discretion for an exchange and not for a return/refund. I just dont know why they did not do for my case. I have asked for an exchange with more expensive unit. So the policy is one thing, but depending it on a situation, at manager's discretion, Sears had exchanged many TVs without a restocking fee even though the unit was not defective. Like anything else, looks like Sears had given an authority to make individual store level call on this. I assume depending on store's performance like sales level, discount rate, return rate etc., going to consideration when a manager makes these decision.

KWC Dec 01, 2012

I know I am a stupid consumer for not knowing Sears's return/exchange policy. I clearly understand it now, Sears return/exchange policy is "once you open you box, you can not return or exchange TV/electronics without a 15% restocking fee". I was trying to upgrade to more expensive TV unit rather than just returning the unit. I also know now that I should never shop at Sears for next 40-50 years of my life. I really wanted Sears to come back and help a stupid person like me not to loose $90. This was our first TV purchase in more than 10 years and my family was really looking forward to it. I also wanted an American icon company like Sears to be successful (I know you don't need to tell me, even without my business, I am sure they will do well.. but also it would cost more than $90 (in advertisement and other marketing efforts) to bring one customer to their shop and make them a loyal customer for next 40-50 years). Oh well, I learned my lesson... time to move on

Sears Canadaincorrect order/delivery and no refund yet

I wish I had read this website before dealing with SEARS. I have had a HORRIBLE experience.
                - Went in on 8th Nov... Sales Person was too busy to talk to me
                -Went back on Sun 11th Nov- Paid for my bed ($300 cash, $300+ card)
                - Thurs 15th Nov- my bed is ready for collection at the store. I send someone for it, they bring it home to me... SURPRISE!!! Wrong bed. I call- and I cant get the right bed until Dec 22nd.
                -Fri 16th Nov- I wait at home for 6 hours (from 12pm to 6pm) for SEARS to come get the wrong bed.
                -Sat 17th Nov- I go in the store for my refund. After about an hour of discussion I found that they refunded $300+ to my card and for the $300 I paid in cash, a cheque will be in the mail. I say "Well I am standing in front of you, cancel the cheque and give me my cash"- Of course they cant, and they say the cheque is on the way
                Sat 17th cont'd... I find out, they then CHARGED another $600+ on my credit card without my authorisation to order the NEW bed (as in the one they should have ordered in the first place), to which I immediately demanded my refund.
                NOW- 29th November, this is my second call since 17th Nov to the Sunridge store and I still have not received the cheque for the portion I paid in cash, They tell me I have to call corporate... WTF???? Why the hell should I be out money, have no bed and furthermore have to chase corporate for my refund. I am PISSED, inconvenienced and I will NEVER deal with SEARS CANADA again, I dont care if they have a 100% off sale.

Searssears auto center ruined my car

Sears auto center in citrus park Tampa Fl went against what the manufacture of my vehicle required and now I am having other problems as a direct effect of their carelessness. Don't trust them for any repair work...to boot their insurance only wants to pay for half, so they will acknowledge they screwed up but can only pay for half..?

• Sears's response · Nov 29, 2012

omarpalacios
                      We do apologize for the troubles you have experienced with one of our Auto Centers. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. I can how it would be frustrating to have your vehicle in for repairs and the service did not meet your expectations. If you would allow us the opportunity, we would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your experience. I do see you have provided a phone with your post, and I have already forwarded that to our case management team. If you have another way you would like to be contacted, please feel free to email that information to [email protected] In addition, please include your screen name (omarpalacios) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R.
                      Social Moderator

Sears Beautyrestextremely firm & uncomfortable mattress

Purchased a Sears Beautyrest "hotel bed" and were told that it was in between firm and plush - paid almost 27500.00 for it on sale - so we expected it to be a great quality bed - when it was delivered the mattress was hard as rock - terrible to sleep on - tossed and turned all night - and had aches and pains the next day! The mattress in the store was not like the one we got delivered to our home - we felt that we were misled and that we wasted our time and money - I have requested a refund - apparently if you pay the pick-up fee of $75.00 within 72 hours of delivery they do a refund...but we shall see how this is handled. We are also stuck with the mattress pad that cost $80.00. Lucky that we decided to keep the old mattress instead of having it taken away at the time of delivery. The delivery guys did not even set up the new mattress they just dumped it in our bedroom and left - worst delivery service we have experienced. The sales person at the store was very nice - but our comfort and sleep is much more important - we would rather spend our money at a store that has quality products and delivers what customers expect.

no zzzs Nov 30, 2012

No, it cost 2, 700.00 with taxes and split box spring, it is a typo. I wrote a letter and had to call 12 times before someone would help me. Finally spoke with a manager who confirmed that there is a return policy. They are coming to pick it up this week.

Sears — dehumidifier recall

I just got the post card in the mail today 11/23/12 about the dehumidifier recall. I have two of them that...

Searsblack friday ad

I received the Black Friday Ad in the local paper of the small town we live in. I found the ultimate deal, a Toshiba 50" class LED 1080p HDTV for $299.99. The ad specifically said "At least 4 per store". I was FIRST in line anxiously awaiting the 8 pm opening. When the door was opened I was told that the ad did not apply to the store in my town because it is a Appliance and Hardware store. The store in my town does not carry TVs or Electronics, the ad was meant for Full Line Stores only. It did not say anything about that in the ad, even in the fine print. If it had stated that in the ad I would not have wasted my time waiting for the 8 pm opening. Why is it not stated in the ad that it only applies to Full Line Stores? Why was the ad in the local paper if it didn't apply to the store in my town? Why was it not available for for the first 4 people wanting the TV to get it ordered in honoring the ad? I have been shopping at Sears for years and have bought many big ticket items. I will not be shopping at Sears in the future. I am horribly disappointed with the false advertising in the Black Friday Ad for 2012. If lost business is what Sears was looking for they got it here.

marriotthill Nov 28, 2012

Another state but... in Pineville, NC, Waited in line only to discover that Sears never shipped diamond earrings in black friday ad to them. While waiting for rain check which we doubt they will honor... the Gastonia, NC store called asking if they had the earrings because they didn't gotten them either!

• Al
                          Alma F. Nov 27, 2012

Oh yeah you're right about that FALSE ADVERTISEMENT . I know it's against Advertising Code. I am from Illinois and I made an online purchase last nov.20, 2012 for a Sony Bravia 46" LED TV for their "Early Birds Shoppers for MEMBERS ONLY" and was told to wait for email confirmation on when to pick- up the item at a store near me Black Friday came no email, Saturday came, I went to the store to know the status of it. They checked on it and told me that it's there and wait, only to be notified after almost an hour that it was a mistake and it's not in the store yet. I went home so mad. The next day Sunday, I received an email that's it ready for pick-up, went back again and was told for the second time "it's not there" and said they will call me, truly enough a supervisor from the store called and said this" the item is no longer available and was discontinued. in return for my inconveniences they are giving me a hundred dollars discount on any tv in the store whether it's on sale or regular price and was so sorry about it " Wow just like that I rejected the offer because I saw the product again on their online CYBER MONDAY DEALS. I wrote the VP of their Customer Services about it, but no response at all. They don't care, I was so stressed out and embarrass going back the store and really disgusted by this experience at the Sears Store. I wasnt able to buy a tv on the black friday sale because of this now they are on regular price. I also had a sad experience online at their Kmart Store but it's another story.

• SKOR Nov 23, 2012

The back page of the flyers lists the locations participating.

• Jr
                          J.R. Dec 17, 2008

Sears made me feel like I was the only one who was unhappy with not getting my Sansung washer and dryer pair. That made it sound like most of the customers were happy with the GE or Frigidare units. I too went to the local Sears store and checked out the other brands. I agree that neither set are the quality and value I was getting with my Samsung purchase. I also called Samsung and found out the Samsung units are still available. I would like to see Sears step up and do the right thing and honor the ad to those who bought them on Black Friday. I am sick about the whole thing. And like other people I could have gone somewhere else on Black Friday and purchased my washer and dryer but I thought Sears was the best value. Maybe I thought wrong. If Sears does not make good on this one I may not go back. I will take my business to a company I can trust.

Sears Siding — once they had my money I never could get in touch with them and more.

Sears siding came to my house and gave me an estimate for my garage that is 25x30 of $13, 000. which I turned...

Sears — sears club point redeem

My name is Jacquelin Saint-Fort. I leave in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. I went to Sears Rideau Centre in...

Ottawa

Sears — damage to property from delivery

I had a washer and dryer delivered to my house. The antique equipment they were using to deliver the washer...

Sears Kenmore Rangeoven element broke into half

my Wife Turn the oven on at 350 in order to cook about 11 min. it caught on fire. when it cooled off after i stopped it i discovered
                        It was brook half in two.Lucky We were n the kitchen for God know what would have happened.
                        Product Name: Kenmore Range model#790.9600.9600 Sn:VF84269356

• Ra
                            RarelyComplain Nov 12, 2012

Assembled in Mexico with parts manufactured in Shensai province. What do you expect?

Searsdoesn't honor price match gaurantee

Wouldn't honor their price match gaurantee on a dryer that I bought a week ago, staff was very rude making their little jokes between themselves out of earshot but we know it was about us to make us feel uncomfortable, heck even the manager was unproffesional in that she spoke louldly for us to hear that she wasn't worried about it. I ended up returning it, I've a better deal on the same dryer at Home Depot and Sears has now lost a customer and anyone else I may convince to not shop there anymore

• Sears's response · Oct 29, 2012

Dear Gianni922,

My name is Jay and I am part of the Social Media Support team at Sears and I am very concerned about what I have read here. We are truly sorry for the trouble and inconvenience that you have encountered with your dryer unit and our service. We understand the importance of saving everywhere we can and being charged more for something that recently had a price reduction can definitely be frustrating. We would like to look further into what has happen surrounding this service experience you had and see what can be done to correct any mistakes that may have been made to help minimize your frustrations. At your convenience, please send us an email to [email protected] providing a contact phone number and the phone number that the dryer unit was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Gianni922) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Jay C.
                              Social Media Moderator
                              Social Media Support Team.

• Li
                              LitBit Jun 01, 2013

We need and decided to replace our air conditioning unit... And we would get three quotes Sears rep here this morning to Consult on a new Kenmore unit... He came in at 130% more Then a local small business & The warranty was less then the local small business... When I stated that the warranty was less then and the price was definitely higher From one of the quotes that we had already received He states that sears price matches... So we Start comparing his unit against the other unit And they were comparable He comes back $80 higher than the other unit He states we can have our rewards program points Because of the big dollar difference He must Contact his manager the manager states that we are getting quality & further states that he can't come that low they have overhead to worry And then we are quoted that This is beyond their percentage cut off at almost a 39% decrease from their initial figure... Then the rep left... 2.5 hr consultation appt... We have been Sears card holder members for 18 years we have Kenmore Kitchen appliances we just purchased a Sears patio set 3 wks ago, we had Sears clean our ducts out when we moved into our home three years ago... And he just gets up in leaves... Wow!

Sears Home Improvementnever showed up to work! billing us for cancelling

On 03/12/2012 I signed a contract with Sears for a bathroom remodel and vinyl siding/gutters to begin on 07/18/2012. I was told by the salesman Ryan S. that scheduling a project with a start date so far in the future would not be a problem. I was contacted several days later by a worker wanting to take measurements. We agreed on an appointment time and no one showed up for the appointment, nor was I given a cancellation call. A few days later I received another call from a different person for a measurement appointment, this time I received a cancellation call at the appointment time, and rescheduled for the next day. The worker finally showed up over an hour late, not in a uniform like I was told and certainly not looking professional as promised by salesman. Then I was called by a production manager with a hard press to begin the vinyl siding project earlier than scheduled. I agreed to this and this appointment was cancelled as well on the day of appointment. At that time I stopped making appointments and sent Sears a signed cancellation notice as a courtesy, because I believe Sears was negligent on their part and I believe the contract was already broken by them. I am being charged $3800 for product I did not receive under the premise of a restocking fee. Since Sears broke the contract I do not believe I should have to pay this fee. Meanwhile the creditor Citi Card has been happily billing me every month, which I pay to retain my credit rating. Where are the consumers rights if the business does not honor the contract? I agree with paying a Stupid Tax for hiring/firing a questionable company based on how they are performance but $3800.00 and I received nothing?

• Sears's response · Oct 29, 2012

Gourdepr,

Hello my name is Zenaida and am part of the Sears Social Media escalation team. Please accept our apologies for the chaos that resulted from your home improvement project. I definitely understand your frustration surrounding the missed appointments and no shows on our part. I know everyone has a busy life to lead and no one’s time should be wasted like this. I am very sorry for any inconvenience we have caused you and for the time we caused you to lose. We would like to put you in contact with one of our dedicated case managers to help sort this out and put an end to your frustration.
                                At your convenience, please contact our office via email at [email protected] so you don’t have to continue to be troubled by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the project was originally purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we’ll call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the customer name (Gourdepr) listed on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Zenaida M.

ExSearsSubcontractor Feb 06, 2013

I personally know Ryan S. the salesman and yes he is a lier, cheat and a complete sorry excuse of a human being, but the number ! salesman month after month. !! The Pensacola Sears office is nothing but a bunch of ###s posing as professionals !!!
                                They have contractors in that office that cannot pass a background check !! If you have had flooring done by this office, guess what, you've had a criminal in your home by the name of Katlin. Make you feel better you let Sears work on your home ???

Do yourself a favour and do not let them do any work, and remember plumbing and electrical work require PERMITS, if none are present DO NOT let any work be done !!!

ExSearsSubcontractor Dec 27, 2012

Avoid Sears Home improvement products at all costs !!! They are the septic tank of all companys out there !!! I know, i was a subcontractor with these sorry excuses for human beings for 8 years, in that time i have seen 1000's of people that have been
                                ripped off
                                lied to
                                have paid for items and services never recieved ( Sears does not brack there contracts down, just a final figure at the bottom } well in the sales worksheet is the proof of what your paying for.

Sears will hire anybody to do the work for them, EVEN IF THEY CANNOT PASS A BACKGROUND CHECK !!!
                                A word of caution to everybody reading this, DO NOT let these people into your housr !!! If you make the mistake of doing so i will be reading your complaints soon.

Sears — emails for sears execs!

Here are the emails and the exec phone for the big wigs at Sears! let them know how you feel over and...