Santander Consumer USA Logo

Santander Consumer USA

Having problems with Santander Consumer USA?

Santander Consumer USA Customer Service Contacts

Thu7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sat7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Santander Consumer USA Customer Service. Initial Santander Consumer USA complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Santander Consumer USA above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Santander Consumer USA. Discuss the issues you have had with Santander Consumer USA and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Santander Consumer USA Complaints & Reviews

Sovereign Bankoverdraft fees

Sovereign Bank has collected over $500.00 dollars in over draft fees from us within the last year. 2. We were a victim of fraud-someone gained access to our account and made unauthorized purchase- a Sov Bank representative told me to deal directly with Walmart instead of going through Sov Bank. I cancelled my husband debit card and did as I was told. Later that week, the monies were returned to the account. Apparently, Sov Bank advanced the monies and not Walmart, and when I did not submit an affidavit (again, because I was told not too by a rep) the bank took the money without any sort of warning. I never even got a notice that they put the money in the bank temporarily. As a result of removing the funds I got 3 overdraft fees. The bank has refused to return.

• Za
      Zach J1403 Apr 28, 2012

Was charged 2 $35 fees for insufficient funds but I have never signed up for overdraft protection. Sovereign has signed me up for overdraft protection twice in the last 2 years without my consent. When this was addressed with their customer service department they admitted that I have canceled out of over draft protection for my accounts ( 4 other accounts with this bank that all have various sums of money that would have covered the insufficient funds). But that they would need to look into the issue before returning my $70 in fees. I guess the overdraft laws can be ignored by big banks in the US. Take your money to a credit union instead.

• Jc
      Jcabralusa Jul 02, 2011

That's terrible ...

• He
      HELP ME FDIC Apr 08, 2010

TRY $232.63 IN OVERDRAFT FEES IN THE SPACE OF 2 DAYS!!!
      I TRANSFERRED FUNDS FROM ONE OF MY ACCOUNTS TO ANOTHER ONLINE 3/31, AND WHEN I TRANSFERRED THE FUNDS I WAS SHOWING A $300 POSITIVE BALANCE.
      THEN THE OTHER DAY, 4/7, WHEN I LOOKED TO CHECK MY SON'S ACCOUNT, I NOTICED MY OWN ACCOUNT -- THE ONE I TRANSFERRED FUNDS TO -- WAS IN THE RED FOR $153.58 !! I CALLED AND WAS TOLD THAT THE FUNDS I TRANSFERRED DIDN'T POST UNTIL THE 5TH -- AND THAT THERE WERE DEBITS THAT DIDN'T SHOW UP IN MY ACCOUNT WHEN I POSTED BECAUSE THEY WERE CHECKS. WHAT THE HECK??? THEIR EXCUSES ARE LAME!! THE FUNDS WERE TRANSFERRED FROM ONE ACCOUNT TO ANOTHER WITHIN THE SAME BANK -- AND THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN IMMEDIATE! I HOPE THE FDIC SEES THIS POST! I WANT MY MONEY BACK !!!

• Cc
      ccloud Mar 09, 2010

Im tired of overdraft fees. I will be switching Banks as soon as i possible can! Just render my card inactive if i go over!!

Santander Consumer USAharrassment

I received a message on 2/17/11 from an agent asking that I walk across the street and ask my neighbour who they named to call them back as he is their customer and they need to make collections from him. I have no connection to this company they simply thought that they had the righht to call and harass me and get me to do their job for them because I live next to the guy that owes them money. I feel as though my privacy has been violated being called and harassed in such a way. I am only guilty of being a neighbour and this is what it gets you or at least me. I would suggest no one ever do business with a company that encourages such practices as it goes beyond appropriate measures.

• In
        India costello Oct 22, 2011

hey i can sympathiz with you...they have conned me already and ive been a customer a week!...they are not honest!..they will take control of your account and freeze you out of it claimig they jurisdiction over it!...claiming legally they have the right!...CRAP!..the account is in your name not theirs!

• Ti
        Ticked Off in Connecticut May 03, 2011

We paid off our car loan in full and received the title for same. Not 2 weeks go by and Santander starts to constantly call trying to tell us about their other services, etc. Told them on the phone and through an email that we weren't interested and to stop calling. The calls continue to come daily and I'm about ready to lose it! I just contacted my state do not call registry as we are on the do not call list and I have filed a complaint. I don't know what else to do at this point. This company is like a nightmare!! I have paid off vehicles in the past and have NEVER received any calls from any other loan company . . .Santander thrives on harrassment apparently. Next step is to change my phone number!

• Me
        meshel Apr 02, 2011

same here (hsbc ) (was not much better) like you they wear my phone out... thank god a only got a yr left on my loan ... i worship the person who invented caller id ... i mean really .. my 19 yrs old answered the phone and told them look we know we owe you money .. let me tell you how the system works when we get money we will give it to you thats how the system works ... just be glad you are part of the system .NEVER EVER EVER GET A LOAN FROM THESE PEOPLE UNTIL LESS you put in in the contract they can only call once a day then take picks of your caller id ...if we ban together maybe massive lawsiut!! let the system work for us ... near nashville tn

• Yo
        Youdidntduck Mar 31, 2011

If you are 8 days late on a payment this company will call your work until you answer them. They refuse to except any reason. They always add the payment due for the up coming month to your bill in advance and try to tell you that you owe that amount. Don't get a loan with this company, you will be very sorry. I get 6 to 10 calls a day for being 9 days behind. This company will never get a loan from me again. I would not be with them except they bought out HSBC.

Santanderillegal practices

I was trying to trade in my 2000 chrysler 300 m. the problem was my car is out of equity because of the milage and how much I owe on the car. I have went several dealership to get rid of my headache of car. when asked why owe so much on the loan and what was calculated on my last months of payments. I called santander and a young lady to me this was a simple intrest loan which means that they charge you intrest every day until they received payment. then I was told that whe my loan matures in july I will have to pay the intrest to them. I asked them if the instrest was added into my loan already when I first got the car how you guys adding extra intrest on the loan. I may be behind on my pymts due to car issues but this company did not want to help me and then I was told just give the car back. then when I asked why was they double dipping on my acct charging me extra on intrest. they told me I would not understand. they also told me they don't have to tell the customer about the simple instrest

Santander USAexcessive fees and deceptive practices

We hsbc as well, my husband was laid off and they put the payments to the back of the note, our note should have been paid off December 2010. Santander took over our notes and the first thing they tell my husband is that he is delinquent. So in June of 2010 they said we owed $3, 000. My husband gave them $1, 500 in three weeks ($500) each week to catch up, we should only owe $ 1, 500.00 right?, So here we are still paying the money to them and they are saying we still owe $1, 800 dollars on the note, we are paying $585 a month every month since we paid the $1, 500 to them so figure out how much, my husband thought we had paid it off. They show up at our house to repo the truck, he calls the company and they inform him that they are charging us over $320 a month in late fees. Yep, $320 a month every month, we have always paid before the due date but are still getting charged. At this rate it will be two years before the note is paid off. It's my husbands fault for not looking at his bill and just going by what the people at Santander say on the phone, he just informed of the problem, because I wouldn't have been nearly as compliant as he was and would have investigated back in June when he made the $1, 500 dollar payment. I am now going to contact the Texas Attorney General Consumer Complaint department to see if they can investigate this company and I suggest any other person who lives in Texas do the same thing. According the the Complaint department the more complaints they have against the Company, the quicker they will start an investigation in the company and their practices.

Santander Consumerthey repo my without notice

I paid on my van 4 years and paid 15962 on my van and sandentor came and repo my van and still said i had to pay if they dont get what i owe i had already paid the dam van off plus more and only had one year left but they wouldnt work with me they are very rude when you try to talk to someone there i had a lady tell me i better figure out how to pay it and never call back to ask for help again i never got a bill or letter from them about taking the van they just showed up without any warning and i had to miss work tonight until i get a ride they suck.

Santander Consumerportuguese bank will not help me

Santander Totta Portugal is the worst bank in the history of banks, They do not care about their clients and instead off helping a client in need they bleed you dry and do not listen or help. I keep asking for help, but it falls on deaf ears.I ampaying my loan every month, what I can. I am un-emplyed and I have proved it. Still Totta could not care one bit.If you are rich, they care. Poor and you get a kick up the behind.Can some one help me, please?

Santander Usa Consumer — personal/private information

Santander's customer service rep, called a friend of my on his cell phone, and give him all of my persoanl...

Santander USA / Car Paymentsover charged/ lack of communication

In August of 2010, I receive a letter from Citi Financial Auto the my account is being turned over to Santander USA for handeling. I could not understand why, due that I never have been late and my car payments were up to date.
              From the begining the First complaint is that the Amount of my account was wrong, then they are charging my interest on top of interest for the account., and then when I sent in payments they not only do not credit the account appropertly they do not report it to the credit bueru on a timely basis. Recently due to them not correcting the amount owed and balance on my credit, I put in for a dispute, well the deleted the account from my credit. I am not sure how this will affect my rating as of yet. I feel that the practices of this company is illegal and looks suspicous to me.

Santander Consumers USAexcessive late fee and not willing to work with you

These people are the most rudest people I've ever met in my life. The are not willing to work with you. I ask them ond day if I can put one month payment at the end because I had an emergency that came up and I wasn't going to be able to make the payment. Well I spoke with one lady she told yes they can do that and to sand all the paper work they need to process it. Well two weeks went by and I someone called me and ask me when i was going to make the payment. I explained to them of what was going on and was told that I do that. They were more concern as to when they were getting the payment. So, I had excessive late fees, they charge five dollars a day for being late. As long as the days pass by and you don't pay you will staill be charge five dollars a day. That's rediculous. People are going through things and they care about nothing but getting a payment every month. How horrible is that! Most company would say if the payment is late then here's one set late fee but not this company. They are money hungry and ignorant. I wanted to change my email address on the website and can't even do that. I have made numerous calls about checking my account online and can't because I do not have the same email address so I can't check my account. They are the worst company that I have ever heard of in history. So, I advise anyone not to do business with them if so you will regret it.

Santander Consumercrooks

I paid all my past due charges and they still came and reposessed my car. I called Santandar and they told me that the repossession was closed and there was no reason the care shouldve been picked up. The towing company is out of California and is on a different time than they are and the paperwork just crossed. I could go pick my car up which is 1hour away and they have to see what they can do about the repo fees, I told them they will be hearing from my attorney. Inever seen anything like it, this should be illegal.

FDL_HOU Feb 12, 2011

Call these ### again and they will tell you another lie. These ### know they took the vehicle. They are the lowest ### of the earth and need to be closed and their employees locked up in the slammer. You will need an attorney to deal with these jerks. I have a relative who did and that was the only way he could get any justice.

Santander Consumer USAillegal practices

Happy new year all!! For you all that are still dealing with this evil company; here is some information for you!!! This lawyer is from the fair debt collection act.com! His name is: todd friedman law offices
                    [protected]
                    He doesn't charge for his services!!! Please call!!! This company has been involved in a ponzi scheme with bernie madoff, who made off with 3 billion dollars of barco santander's dollars!! So, think about it!!! Why do you think his company continues to charge high interest rates and then change what you really owe on your vehicle? Don't give up, we are going to win this fight!!

Jesus bless and stay encouraged!!!

• Re
                        readytogiveup Feb 22, 2011

I have been scammed by Santander Consumer and keep checking this board looking for help. I called the Todd Friedman office and was told that the crooked Santander Consumer can do anything that they want. Not sure why this person said they could help because they cant.

FDL_HOU Feb 11, 2011

In most complaints you see here concerning Santander, they were not the original creditor. Santander bought the loan from HSBC, Citifinancial, Drive and other mortgagers.

Santander Consumer USAharrasment and repossesion

We had made payment arrangements with the original Comapny due to the fact I had to Have emergency heart surgery, and we faxed all the paper work and then out of no where we get a notice from santander saying they have taken over our loan and we are in default and instantly threatened to repo our car. once I got healthy my husband lost his job due to my health issues and we are struggling very badly have tried several times and made several agreements with several reprasenetives and and just a half hour ago our car was repossessed and now we have to come up with $1400.00 to get it back when we only have a year and 3 months left on it. WE HAVE HAD SO MANY PROBLEMS DEALING WITH THESE SO CALLED REPS FROM THE COMPANY AND HAVE BEEN DENIED EVERYTIME WHEN WE HAVE ASKED TO SPEAK TO A SUPERVISOR AND FOR INFORMATION ON WHO OWNS OR IS CEO OF THIS COMPANY!

• Bo
                          Bobaganoosh Feb 24, 2011

This company is a piece of crap. Everything these people write is true. I was with HSBC. These people took over my loan. They suck. I hate them. Online bill pay was free with HSBC, these greedy leaches wanna charge five bucks. Plus they spam your snail mail with warranty extension offers. I wish Madoff had screwed these guys over too.

Santander Consumer USAfraud/breech contract

I too located home address for Thomas Dundon, CEO of Santander Consumer USA and sent him a certified return receipt letter in regards to the transfer of our auto loan from Citi Financial Auto. We refused to pay them for the past 6 months and still have the vehicle. We offered them 3 choices to rectify the abuse, non compliance in which they have broken all laws with the FTIC, truth and lending, 3rd party abusive calls, etc. Santander's option is to send us our title, pay us for 3 years payments and interest and we will then surrender vehicle or go to arbritration with an independent not affilliated with their company. This company needs to be stopped!! Their rating as of Dec. 2010 is now a F!!!

• Pc
                            PCBey Mar 30, 2012

I have a contract with Bank of America and somehow Santander got their paws on the contract and then was acting as a Debt Collector. Hmmm... Debt Collector? When did i owe Santander a Debt? How did you obtain my private information without my explicit consent? When does a third party person walk up in a contract and demand money? I sent Santander a written Affidavit asking them to provide the contract between I and them, not a faxed copy of a contract loan between me and Bank of America. They couldnt do it. Under the usc title 15 section 1692... as a debt collector ... they must validate any debt that they claim. They cant, because i never gave them permission to enter the contract between I and BOA. Under title 18 section 1001, they now fall under fraud. With harrassing calls they violate the laws of a debt collector which is under title 15 section 1692 also. By demanding payment or else, they now are using "Threat, Duress and Coercion". Im puting in a Default writ because They continue to avoid answering any legal writs of "Notice and Demand". A suit in the Supreme Court will be the next move. Than i will furnish the papers for the public to see the fraud these banks commit on a daily basis.

• In
                            India costello Oct 22, 2011

WISH THE UK COULD HAVE LAWS TO PROTECT PEOPLE LIKE THE USA OVER HERE YOU CANT EVEN DO THAT!

• Fe
                            FEDERAL BIG SHOT... Mar 04, 2011

THEY ARE NASTY ###S AND RUDE

Santander Consumer USAworst customer service

I have chosen to take a car loan from santander consumer usa due to a low credit score. I just wanted to address that they have such a bad customer service when you do your payment through phone. The representatives have the worst manner. They are very rude!!! I can't believe that the representative name "saleen?" was giggling and making those unnecessary sounds when I was making a payment by phone. I just hope that the company who oversees this department to do something and make some necessary changes. Therefore, I would not be surprise if this company will lose a lot of business in the future. So as soon as I bring up my credit score! I'm done with santander consumer usa!

• Ly
                              Lynda Apr 01, 2011

I have also experienced this harassement with the tele agents from santander consumersusa

• Ly
                              Lynda Apr 01, 2011

I thing that If More than five people complain about the tele agents their is diffently a problem. They will be sued by someone some day. I have also been harrassed by Santanders Consumers Agents. SHASHA is one of the rudes agent I have had the pleasure of talking to on the phone.She should not be a telephone agent because she becomes irriate, bulegent and aggressive on the phone with the consutomer. I have experienced her harassement over the phone several times . her tele phone number is [protected].I become so upset with her that I hang up the phone and she keeps calling back .One time she called me back tfour times with in 30 min. because i would not talk to her. I call another agent to clear up the situation, and they were very helpful and pleasant to to talk too.

Santander Consumer USArefuse to acknowledge payment for september 2010 and have made wrong information to credit bureau

Santander purchased my car loan from CitiFinancial in October 2010. I made my Sept 2010 payment to Citifinancial. The payment was sent electronically from my bank. I spoke with staff at Santander in Oct 2010 and dthey requested a copy of my payment that was sent electronically. I faxed what Santander requested. I received antoher phone call from Santander requesting a copy of my actual bank statement. I faxed them a copy of my actual bank statement. I received another phone call stating they need a copy of the bank statement from the bank. 1/4/2011 the bank sent them what they requested. Today, I am told they need more proof. No matter what I do they still are giving me the run around. They have messed up my credit score because they have submitted errorenous information to the credit bureau.

• So
                                Sokolove Law Dec 22, 2011

Santander may have violated the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act

Hi I am from Sokolove Law. I’m part of our consumer rights group that works on consumer credit abuse claims. We have been reviewing thousands of potential claims where Santander may have breached their contracts in the way it charges fees to consumers. Their debt collection actions may have also violated the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act. According to MSNBC, Santander is being accused of a number of questionable debt collection techniques, including illegally repossessing cars from active duty military while they were overseas, making as many as 800 “robocalls” to a single person, grossly overcharging for late fees, and making harassing phone calls to neighbors, friends, co-workers and children.

For folks interested in learning more about Santander and their credit practices, there is great information available at http://awe.sm/5c9PM. If you think you might have a claim, call our office at [protected] to learn about your options and receive a free legal consultation.

Santander USA / Car Loanoverpayment and excess fees

My loan was recently bought by Santander USA from HSBC Auto finance Company. My end date on the loan was August of 2010 but, I had two extentions that would of made the end Date on October of 2010. I have some late payments which I since made up on the following months. Santander claims that I owe over two thousand dollars on which it will end in April of 2011. I printed out the history of all the payments that was made and added up all late fees and interest and found out that the loan should of been paid in full by december of 2010 not April of 2011. Brought this to Santander usa's attention but nothing was done. Santander still claims I owe this money. I used the worse case scenario by multipling 72 months of late fees of 9.50 even though I was not late that many times and multiplied.75 times 900 even though it was not the total of interest I owed to see how they say I owed. It still does not add up. please help! you can contact me at my email [protected]@aol.com

• To
                                  Tonyg73 Feb 07, 2011

Come to find out that santander likes to have two accounts on car loans, watch out people you may have two on one deals.

• To
                                  Tonyg73 Feb 04, 2011

they would not do anything

Santander Consumer — threats of vehicle repossession

While I have been late with my payments due to being unemployed since June 1, 2010, a single female and...

Santander Consumertrying to repo my car, which I am making my payments on

I just spoke with to a woman (Or at least I think it was) at santander who is the most disrespectful person I have ever dealt with. I have sent them proof that my payments are being made, but still they have my car out for repo. Wtf is right. What is with this company? Today I call a lawyer. I have it with them.

I dont know if there is a way we could all sue them or not, but if someone could look into it let me know. I am not good with things like that but I would be willing to do what ever I could. There has to be a way to stop them.

Santander USAharassment and chnaging their guidelines every day for a modification

We purchased a vehicle and low and behold santander was the lien holder. We tried to work them after 6 payments to loan modification. At the time I spoke to a man who said you have to have 10 paymnents to get a loan modification. Then it was 15 paymnets to get a loan modification. tehn it was 31 payments to get a loan modification. then we were late they said you pay 200.00 we will put 2 payments to the back of your loan. my husband paid 382.00 so they declined our request because we were no longer late over 31 days. My husband is the only one on the loan on unemployement and they are still unwilling to work with us. I made the mistake of faxing something from my work which had my work information on it and now they call and ask for my husband at my work. I have asked them many times to remove that number from his account and yet they still call my work and ask for him. HELP I am at wits end and don't want loose our vehicle. Advice please!

FDL_HOU Jan 30, 2011

You may want to consider contacting a lawyer and file Chapter 13. It stops the harrassment. It forces them to accept a lower payment and they can't take your vehicle. Plus no more negative credit reports from them, which they love to do. Downside this stays on your credit report for 7 years, but so does their ### tactics. This is the lowest ### of the earth as a creditor.

Santander Consumerstealing my money

Santander is stealing my money. They are applying my principle payments towards interest. I cannot understand their english and it is impossible to speak with a supervisor.

After 30mins on hold, they hung up on me. They have lost payments and have charged me a "late fee".

I do not own the balance that they say and they will not allow me the pay off that is on my statement without charging me interest. I am very unhappy. I dont know what to do to 'fix' this.

I am currently on the phone with the department of Consumer Affairs.

Is their ANYONE that has had this same problem with Santander Consumer? If so, what did you do to make them make the numbers right???

FDL_HOU Jan 29, 2011

The best thing you can do is try to get some other creditor to take over your loan or contact a lawyer. There is a long list of complaints against these jerks. Santander are crooks, liars and they are a bunch of noncaring idiots who have no problem damaging your credit and in fact are proud to ruin your credit.