Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Tax Services Santa Barbara Tax Products Group [SBTPG] Amended tax return sent to incorrect account and address/hold on funds

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group [SBTPG]  - Amended tax return sent to incorrect account and address/hold on funds

C
Author of the complaint
1:06 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had been working for several months to get my 2020 amended return processed by the IRS and once it was finally finished, I was informed on March 14 that I would receive my refund via direct deposit from Turbo Tax/Green Dot Bank/Tax Products Group by March 16. The date came and went and I contacted the IRS who confirmed my information. Several days passed and I still did not receive the refund so I contacted Turbo Tax and Tax Products Group several times to locate the funds but to no avail. I found out that they sent my refund to the incorrect bank and had my previous address on file instead of what appeared on my return. I was told by TPG on April 11 that it was returned back to the IRS and it would take a week to have a new check reissued, which I later found out was untrue. I called TPG again on April 14 for an update and I was told that my check was on hold and to get it off of a hold, I needed to complete a form that would be emailed to me and in turn, I would need to email it back to [protected]@greendotcorp.com to include the following:

Check #[protected]

Returned on March 22, 2022

Amount $8575.58

I was then told that it would take 72 business hours for the hold to be lifted and they would sent the check back to the IRS to reissue to my current address and it would take about one week. Because I never received the email, I called TPG back today, and was told that no such form existed and my check could be on hold for a couple more weeks, plus another 12-16 weeks to receive the check from the IRS. This is unacceptable, as I have waited over two years to have my 2020 taxes processed and now my funds are sitting in limbo because of TPG's error. I have literally sat on the phone on hold for hours each day just to talk to a representative to be told unreliable information at every turn. I need to have this issue rectified immediately and until then, I will file any necessary paperwork to expedite this matter.

Thank you.