Saks Off 5thlost product valued over $4000

U

I bought a substantially expensive item from Off5th. It cost over $4000. I bought it for a birthday, ordered it three weeks before the birthday. The birthday is now tomorrow 23 working days after I ordered the item. I have called the delivery service Borderfree every day for the last four days. Every day I am told the same thing, they are following it up and to call back in 24 hours. Today I called Saks themselves and asked what they could do to help. I have never been so angry at the service received in my entire life. They were so dismissive, they said they had lost the item and I would get a refund in 14-21 days. I said I didn't want a refund, what I wanted was for them to send me another item the same. They said I could logon and buy another one, I said it would be more expensive because I had bought it within a 24 hour sale and it had ended. I asked if they could honour the price. They said they would, just buy it and contact them after I had bought it. I said great, can you send me that in writing so that I can have some evidence of this conversation and the agent literally said "no way". The conversation went round in circles before he told me if I wanted to complain, I could call complaints and "let them deal with it". I asked for the number and if it was 24 hour and he said no. I asked for an email address as I'm in Australia need to call at 3am to get New York Time and he literally said to me "what do you want me to do, change the entire world's time zone. Just call in like two hours, that would be better for you" In two hours it will be 1am in New York. I am literally disgusted. This amounts to a year's worth of savings for me, I thought shopping with such a reputable organisation would be minimal risk but clearly I am wrong. The whole experience has been devestating and an enormous waste of my time.

Jai3 Jun 06, 2018

I'm sorry you had this experience. Are you aware that you can call your credit card company to dispute the charge? It's called a chargeback for items not received.