Safewayout dated items for sale

D

Safeway during week of 8/18/08 was selling out dated packaged bean sprouts..out dated by over a week.
Safeway during week of 8/25/08 was selling Beckmann's bread that was past selling date by 3 weeks! I counted 10 loaves of bread out dated. This is not new... and dairy products are left out in warm air while workers are slowly putting them in freezer... not a healthful practice.

• St
    Stephen Apr 24, 2009

Ok, so a month ago I was shopping at my local Beacon Heights Safeway when I saw that Safeway Cranberry Lemonade drinks in tetra packs (5x200mL) were on sale! The sign says ' REDUCED FOR QUICK SALE - 50% OFF/$1.00) so I was like "what the heck, it won't hurt to stock up". I made sure I check the expiry date on ONE of the packages and it says 2009 OCT xx so I bought 5 packs. Just today, as I was drinking the juice box, I thought it tasted a little 'bland'. I thought it couldn't be the juice because I already checked the expiry date and must be the new toothpaste I'm using. Just when I was about to finish it, I decided to look at the expiry date which says '2008 OC 25'! By the way, today is 2009 AL 24! This juice expired 6 months ago and they are STILL selling it 5 months it expired! I was outraged! This was not the first time Safeway has been selling expired products - a year ago, I purchased some Safeway Cheese Puffs from them and it was 5 days over the expiry date and STALE! Extremely disappointed - you pay for outrageously overpriced products there and the quality is worse than large supermarkets such as Lobalws!