Safewaydelivery services

Safeway delivery has been the worst service I have ever received in my entire life, and my family will not be using Safeway as our grocery store from here on out. This all started with a delivery for my Thanksgiving groceries, I placed the order online on 11/19 for delivery on 11/20 with a delivery window for 6pm-10pm. I waited the 4 hours for the delivery, which never showed. At approx 11:00pm the driver called and said he "had a flat tire and couldn't make it" and someone would be calling me first thing in the morning to reschedule. I never received that phone call and had to wait on hold (while at work) for almost a hour to speak to a representative. I understand that the woman answering the phone had no part in this, so I was extremely calm. She said they did not have any delivery times until Wednesday. Wednesday came, I waited, no delivery. I had to wait for 3 days (due to the holiday) to speak to someone. They refunded my money and gave me $45 in credit, for the delivery service, so I was obligated to use it on that. I reluctantly ordered another order, well over the $45 credit and spent $35 of my own money as well. This delivery was set to come on 12/3. We got a call on 12/3 saying they were short staffed and would be late (SHOCKER). When they arrived, I was charged an additional $20 making my out of pocket expense $55 (since they didnt use one of the coupon codes that was entered). They also forgot: a lb of ground beef, eggs, and steamed broccoli. At this point, something has to change. This is the worst experience I have ever had and judging by your yelp reviews, this isnt a first either. I am extremely disappointed since Safeway was the closest grocery store to me, but moving forward, I'll take the longer drive to Raleys. Over the holiday, I told all family members and friends as to what happened, and I can tell you that you've lost several orders, and will be losing more due to this. I have emailed customer support twice and still no response!

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices