Safeway — deli - fried foods have a chemical smell/taste.
The fried foods in the deli, chicken, pizza sticks, corn dog etc suddenly started having a chemical smell and taste. At first I thought maybe the oil had been over heated, but it has happened several times now, so it makes me wonder if the fryers are even being cleaned properly, or at all. The deli has become very understaffed in this store, there is always a huge wait and I feel sorry for whoever is working because everyone is mad at them for the wait..which of course is not their fault. I won't be getting anything fried from the deli again. I shouldn't have to ask to smell it first to make sure it isn't a chemical buffet before buying.
More Safeway Complaints & Reviews
- Safeway - false 
- Safeway - conduct unbecoming of the store manager named michael 
- Safeway - crv charge for meat! 
- Safeway - safeway store manager 
- Safeway $10 Off $75 Purchase Coupon - misleading coupon 
- Safeway - Continental in Green Valley - entire store
- Safeway - floral
- Safeway - delivery services
- Safeway - unprofessional and rude treatment from cashier: claudia
- Safeway - carts