Royal Holiday Clubthey lied about everything

Took vacation in 2017 to Nassau, Bahamas. Was lured into presentation for Royal Holiday Club at the Wyndham hotel on Cable Beach. The organization looked legitimate because the Wyndham gave them office and conference room space. Well, to make a long story short, everything is false about them. Here I thought I was dealing with an American company because they listed an office in Arizona. But it turns out you are dealing with a mailbox in Florida and a reps in Mexico. Was never able to use the timeshare. Much later I found out this is not even a legitimate timeshare, and on top of that they are now selling phoney annuities as a sweetener. You can read more at Squeaky Wheel here -- http://www.thesqueakywheel.com/complaints/2017/JUN/complaint40035.cfm

SariPa Jul 27, 2015

Yes they lie. Its a total rip off.

SariPa Jun 01, 2015

I wonder this site. I have been posting tons of complaints here and nobody even cares. Odd. And mainly Ive been posting complaints about FNTC/First Names Group and still no interest (?). Im aware of my English skills, but if people and companies are worried even a little bit of their reputation, they normally react.

I heard this lady above got all her money refunded. Good for her! I also realize this is an old story, but still..

Jane78 Jul 11, 2013

It seems like this is a very common problem. My wife & i bought into a Royal Elite Timeshare in mexico . we stayed in sandos caracol resort & signed contract for royal elite. we've found out in the last few months that availiablity of resorts that we require are very limited (sales person shown us extensive range of hotels). flight deals are no better than booking myself. we enquired to stay lanzarote sandos dec 2017 the ai rate is in total $1900 for the week. i feel that this is going to be costly in the long run, not the ideal deal that was sold to us. This is a forum with more complaints about this company:

I'm in the process of calling the BBB and PROFECO and seeing what they can do. Possibly the attorney General also!!

• Do
    dog1949 Nov 03, 2012

I was lied to misrepresented with promises of discount flights. Airport transfers. Original bonus signing points. The grade of room was no where near that at the presentation the cost of the all inclusive way exceeded the average showed per signing the 2 days they spoiled my holiday hounding me to sign. They basically have stolen all my savings and now threaten collections is there a group willing to sue them in class action? I want to make them stop pestering me as I am a poor man and cannot pay as my income has been reduced by more than 50% send help a scammed Canadian

• Lo
    Lohine May 24, 2012

My wife and I joined Royal Holiday in 1999. We bought into their credit package, whereby we were provided 15, 000 points to use annually. The purchased was in Cancun, Mexico for $16, 000. We have since paid this property in full however we have no intention of using it. In reality, the property they presented to us my wife and I was a far cry from the type of unit we bought into; we were duped from day 1. And over the past 11 years, we have been assessed for annual maintenance for a property we'll never use. In addition to that, similar properties around the world are of the same low quality and frankly not worth the money. We simply want out of our contract with Royal Holiday however they refuse to honor our request. Therefore we've since stopped paying our maintenance fee, which is now being assessed with late fees. We're desperate for some help and would benefit in learning from others' in our same position.

• Ke
    KellyRhds Apr 02, 2012

the sales associate from Royal Holiday are willing to bring down the good name of this resort just to be able to make a few sales. its sad how they lie and make empty promises making believe the customer they are purchasing something they really need.

here is another blacklist from Royal Holiday, we are not the only ones.

• Pa
    paramithis Feb 01, 2012

I traveled to Nassau Bahamas in may of 2017. We were approached several of times from Royal Holiday Reps. When we decide to look into it, it all sounded good. As the rep was writing everything down on the paper to trying to sell us different deals, we keep saying that we could not afford this or that, they finally had a manager named Marvin Bare come speak to us. What Marvin Bare wrote down on the paper what he can give us that would be affordable for us IS NOT what he put into the contract. What we agreed to was $8, 000.00 would give us 30 yrs of membership 15, 000 points a yr and additional 30, 000 sign on bonus points plus 2-4-1 airfare through out our membership now I still have that paper that he wrote on for us before we sign the contract. These people knew from day 1 that we didn't have a lot of money nor did we have the money to pay this off right away that we would need to make monthly payments which that amount was the only truth in it the whole contract. When we signed the contract Marvin Bare rushed us through it only pointed out the things that we were suppose to get but skipped the one important thing that says we only have 30 to 45 days to pay this in full in order to get the 2-4-1 airfare and the extra 30, 000 points. That airfare was one of the main things that sold us. So of course we took their word and sighed the contract. Now we been trying to book a vacation and we were told that we can not get the 2-4--1 airfare nor the 30, 000 points. The rooms they showed us in the Bahamas was a corner suites and now when going to book our trip we are being told that we don't get a corner suite we would only be getting a studio. So here is another LIE! All the All-inclusive properties you have to pay extra to Royal Holidays ( which we were never told this nor is this in our contract.. So bottom line is we called to book a hotel that is affiliate with royal holiday on our own (not using them) and it will be cheaper for us to book this vacations with out them!! When we called Royal Holiday and told them this our question to them was What are we saving using royal Holiday and what are we getting for our 2, 700.00 that they already got from us and their response was ummm whatever is in the contract. I want to cancel them but of course its gonna go on our credit report so my question to anyone that can help how can we get a class action lawsuit against them? I want to take a trip back to the Bahamas just so i can confront this Marvin Bare and shove the paper with his handwriting on it in his face!!! EVERYONE PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE THEY WILL LIE THROUGH THEIR TEETH TO SELL YOU!!!

SariPa Oct 02, 2011

I meant... (this language is killing me :) )... that we need to sue IFG at least for protecting this kind of fraudulent business... I dont think theres laws to protect them either if theres things like this happening to us.

I keep writing.

I just hate what happened to me... and I hope that IFG will be investigated some day, because it doens play fair with us at all. They are quilty some illegacies for sure - theres no doubt about it... But so called RHC is quilty for all those other things happened to us - many of us. And if Costamex group are legally involved in RHC I wonder why they never returned my money back, because my case is not about RHC Mexico. The name of the game... to abuse places 'they' are safe - the real board of administration because of the mexican legistlation.

Id like to get more specific information about things in contract and operating rules... theres those companies mentioned which information is not foundable etc... etc.. too many companies and none of them exists - only RHC Mexico, but I really believe its another trick... it looks real. I hope it works for americans for after a five years...

And if its real (mexico) Im sure they will return my money. I dont think they can afford to keep it... if my money ever went to RHC Mexico account ;).

SariPa Oct 02, 2011

If theres going to be investigations IFG has to be involved. IFG protects illegal business for sure, but I truly believe after all happened its 'the one' leading it.

IFG seems to be american - british.

If IFG can do things like this to us, theres a lot wrong in the world. We need different laws to protect us better against crimes made by trustees/financial groups...

SariPa Sep 28, 2011

I agree that United States need to investigate this whole thing. This is all not necessarily what it seems to be. Theres a lot of cover companies related to this business whick I believe so called financial group is leading as a side busines...

Scams... which some 'institutions' are protecting. Just to make it possible to take our rights away and keep our money.. at least it looks very much like it. This is a rip-off and all the contracts base on lies anyway, so... and in my case IFG/FNTC (First National Trustee Company, Isle of Man) is leading as a matter of fact this fraud happened to me by 'ROyal Holiday Club'... Its a total mess-up, they did in my case. :).

Id like to see where it ends :). This is far from normal business practise - all of it. But the worst is FNTC/IFG and theie practises used in this. They seemed to be even more scammers according to messages I got from them than' RHC embloyees' ... :). Its ridigulous, the reason I started to see things a littele bit differently here.

One thing I wonder: how IFG manages to do huge business worldwide?

Its a very protected secret - all the details related in this RHC.

I do honestly believe theres much bigger thing about to be discovered behind which might turn the whole cup upside down.

MAE1526 Aug 02, 2011

In total agreement. Royal Holiday is a complete rip-off. We got rip-off in Nassau, Bahamas. $8, 000.00
    high-pressured sales, misrepresentation about the vacation package and the contract.

The government of Bahamas and the United States need to investigate this scam!

Chrishd Apr 07, 2011

Here is the web address to the southeast Florida BBB : http://www.bbb.org/south-east-florida/business-reviews/timeshares/royal-holiday-club-in-miami-fl-17000729 It does not matter where you live. Look to the right of your screen on the button "file a complaint". I cannot say it will do any good but this is another venue you may vent your anger. At least they keep stats.

• Ba
    Bak2 Jan 25, 2011

This enterprise is a ripoff. I purchased the silver membership and paid the entire fee. I can;t travel when I want to. The customer service is non-existent. The hotels are are dumps. I rate them 1 star. You cannot roll over points and they want you to pay a 'maintenance fee' for 30 years which is not disclosed during he sales presentation. The maintenance fee increases each year. What a sleazy company !!! Unfortunately consumer protections offered in the USA do not apply since the sleazy company makes of its sales in Mexico. Do NOT buy into this mess.

• Br
    BrianFrank Jan 14, 2011

I have the same story as many that I have read and this is a real shame, scam, bull... I have paid upfront and dues for the last 4 years and haven't gotten anything in return. Except being hassled 6 times I have tried to book a vacation and turned down every time. I am worried about the collectors if I stop paying and walk away. Has anyone been able to cancel, stop paying? I have been and will continue to tell everyone NEVER TO GET SCAMED BY ROYAL HOLIDAY OR TIMESHARES!!!

SariPa Dec 12, 2010

Obs! This machine writes weird letters :)

SariPa Dec 12, 2010

Hi!

Im one of those foolish people to join the club. So far nothing seems to work, even before I got a change to use my points. Theres a cotract fraud we discovered. And when you pay a close attention to your contract Im sure you will find the 'holes' which releases your from the membership as well. Probably every contract is a little bit different though, depending which part of world you live in etc., but...

• Jt
    J T P Nov 28, 2010

We also are haunted by Royal Holiday each year at Christmas for about $600 in ?Maintenance Fees?. In 2017, we were in Cozumel, a rainy day, and a salesman on the street told us to listen to a sales pitch and we would get a free Jeep for the day. I had an ear infection and could not dive. My whole head was throbbing. I listened to them for about 1-1/2 hours. We looked at the math, but with the pain I was in, I could not think clearly. We could not see that the yearly maintenace fee was almost eaqual to the price of a hotel. We layed out a credit card, bought a Silver plan, and paid $10, 000 down. The next day, we were flying back to the states. That night in excrutiating pain, we called them to renig on the contract, thinking we had 3 days to do it. They said that was impossible. The next day, I was in the hospital with severe ear infection. It was days before I had my senses. I was told by them that I signed an agreement and I should honor my word. We paid off the dept, about $25, 000 a few months later. It is now almost 2017. We have never used it once. We have paid close to $5400 in "Maintenance Fees" and around $25, 000 in cash for something we can not use. I found out from my sister who is a legal aid that you can get out of an agreement within I think 5 days, according to Mexican Consumer Protection Regulations or Profeco. She said you have about 5 years to make the claim. It was 5 years and a week when she and I had that discussion. I'm very dissapointed in Mexico. I have read so many horror stories about this company. I can not find anyone who has found a solution. This sort of thing can be dealt with harshly in America, but not Mexico. I refuse to go there ever again. I spend my money in America. I've still got quite a few years to suffer this ghost in my closet, but I know someday it will be over. I hope God is watching. I hope Royal Holiday is enjoying our gullability. I feel sorry for them as souls. I wish someone could help.

• Ra
    RathDog Nov 13, 2010

My wife and I were scammed by Royal Holiday Club in Feb 2017. About 3 weeks ago we went to make schedule our first vacation and found that we were being charged for a higher fee and then found that we could get our trip cheaper through Orbitz by about $1800. So we want out.

My question is has anyone used G&G Timeshare Solutions and if so what was your experience? Did they get you out of the contract and get you any money back? I have read some blogs about them and they are positive, but I am cautious as to who to trust.

• Na
    Nancy E. Nelson Apr 26, 2010

We purchased a timeshare from Royal Holiday in June 2017 down in Puerto Vallarta - electing not to start the membership until Jan 2017. Right after Jan 2017 we were hit with a special assessment due to a hurricane down in Cancun. We paid it before the time and were promised a free week somewhere - didn't happen. I tried to book a cruise down the Mexican Riviera and was told there wasn't enough time to make the arrangements. We were also told every other year we would get a free cruise with a balcony - didn't happen. A year or so later they did try to offer us a week in Palm Springs, CA during the month of August - way to hot to vacation there at that time. We tried to trade it for another place and no luck there either. We have been very sorry we didn't cancel with the 3 days - its now 2017 and we haven't used the timeshare at all.

• Rh
    rh assistant Mar 09, 2010

For all those members who were slammed by Royal Holiday Club in Mexico, Aruba or any of the resorts where they offer their incredible investment memberships with verbal promises and fraudulent statements, I invite all of you to visit my blog and know the face of the person that is managing these fraudulent activities and lives from the timeshare fraud, leave your comments and join myself.

Invite your friends or anyone who had problems with this vacation club, if you feel that you were lied to, don't hesitate to visit this blog

• Me
    mermaid57 Mar 02, 2010

NO THEY DON'T LIE!!
    We have been members of Royal Holiday since 2017, we were so happy with the way the point system works that we purchased another 25, 000 points. I don't understand why people are bashing this company so much. we have used our points to travel to cancun, where the vacation club was original purchased. we have traveled to the Doubletree Resort in Miami, the Wyndun Resort in the Bahamas. have taken a family cruise to Mexico, localy we have used our leftover points in a resort close to our home in Arizona several times. We now have a trip to Aruba in October already booked with left over points once again being used at the Scottsale Camalback Resort in Az. I have had very little issues with this Company and they have made good on all the promises they made. I think the people complaining are just experiances buyers remorse and realy don't know how to vacation regularly. the plan works better than any other timeshare we've owned because you are not tied down to any resort at any country. I am not a spokesperson for the resort nor do I have any affiliation with any emplpyee who works ther. I will be happy to testifiy to these facts to any affilition who has a ligitimate reason for having me do so. I would also like to add that as members of Royal Holiday we have reseived special preferance at the Resorts in question. In Cancun at the Hyatt Cancun Caribe, we had a room right on the beach, seperate from the hotle everyone else was booked in. This was one of the most beautiful rooms I've ever stayed in. In the Bahamas we were also given a ocean view room with a balcont and a view to die for. I would recommend this type of vacation ownership to anyone who takes their vacation time seriously and knows the will spend the money anyway, but choose to do so more affordably.

• Ca
    carter123 Jan 03, 2010

Ditto. And Royal Holiday has gotten so worse over time. And who decides how much the yearly fee is. There is no actual property.
    They have changed hotels over time. The one they offer in San Francisco has no handicapped availability. Royal Holiday attitude for Americans with Disabilities is deplorable, absolutely no consideration.

Berluskoni Dec 16, 2009

Royal Holiday advertises that they sell "vacations for a life time." This is untrue (nightmares for a life time). This company has aggressive sales practices, and will deceive the consumer to get him/her to sign a contract, and will unlawfully not allow the consumer to cancel his/her contract.

Stay away from this vacation club! They sell their club memberships at vacation spots throughout the world, however many complaints have been filed concerning membership purchased in Mexico. We have been battling with this company for over a year attempting to cancel and receive a refund to no avail. Two words of warning, STAY AWAY!

• 12
    12345678900000 Oct 07, 2009

File a complaint in BBB.org in Florida too.

Matt52 Sep 12, 2009

While in Cancun we were invited to a 90 minunte timeshare speech. The salesman at Royal, tolk us that if we bought, he would help us rent our timeshare since they get conventions all the time. He assured us there were lots of people looking to rent weeks at Royal Holiday because of the proximity to the convention center.

Dumb enough, we believe him. Six months after, we were still waiting for this rental income. We called him several times asking him what was going on until he decided not to take our calls anymore. We searched the internet just to find out that everything we were told was a total lie.

On the way back to the airport, we found an ad of a law firm specialized in timeshare matters. We contact them and they helped us cancel and recover our earnest money.

www.GonzalezGonzalezLawFirm.com, they will help you cancel. and get your monies back.

Matt52 Sep 12, 2009

BenH54 Aug 26, 2009

being24 Jul 08, 2009

In March 2017, my husband and I went to Punta Cana, Dominican Rep. for our honeymoon and my birthday. We ran into these tricky salesperson at Bavaro Princess resort. There we were told the exact same stories been written here. I wish I had read about this before we signed the contract.

The salesperson Ramon, kept pushing my questions aside when I asked if we were not happy with the service, were we able to cancel it. He brought in his boss to confirm with me that we can cancel it.

It is repeated over and over again about this company. I just wish to share the story and hopefully I will be able to get in touch with some of you who are deceived with the same lies.

Please let us know your story of how far it has gone and maybe we all can get together and go on 20/20 on ABC television if that is the only way to get out of this scammed contract.

My email address that I set up for this matter only is: [email protected]
    Look forward to hearing suggestions and stories.

• Al
    Alfredo Lavadenz Apr 20, 2009

I have been paying this for the past three years, I have tried using it at least seven times. They never have availability, if they do they want to charge extra. Finally I got fed up and try to sell, well guess what they want an extra $500.00 to process the sale. They keep charging a maintenance fee even though they are not able to supply me with the time frame I have available to take time off. This is a real scam, now they are threaten me with bad credit reporting. I am at my ends, can you do anything???? Please this is not fair.

Joyce Salansky Mar 28, 2009

How can a person get out of a membership from this deal? They keep raising their fees and don't give you a choice. They're underhanded.

Joyce Salansky

• Da
    Dan Jul 20, 2008

Victor Garica is a fraud. He's pathetic. We met him in Cozumel and I felt like I was buying a used car back in the 80's. All that was missing was the white pleather shoes and the polyester pants. My wife started to laugh when he sat down and he actually glared at her. The previous day we sat through the presentation then left for the day to give it some thought. We formed a list of questions then came back and listened to three different sales reps give us different anwers to all our questions. Victor took the prize. He said he work directly with the develpers and had the 'secrets' to working through the 'system'. When I asked we one required secrets to work through their system he excused himself from the table and they escorted us out. Lucky for us :-). Due dilligence is a requirement for any deal in Mexico. And remember...everything is negotiable.

• La
    Laura R. Ruiz May 17, 2008

We have the same problem:

We purchased a time share at Puerto Vallarta, Mexico March of 2017, started having problems when International Leisure Group called wanting to buy weeks and points. We found out later that Royal Holiday and International Leisure Group are doing fraudulent sales. They have sales persons with no respect for customers.

I got tired of negotiating with Royal Holiday finally I hired an attorney from Mexico who investigated our case she found that that contract is not a real contract as they do not explain nothing.

Royal Holiday refused to cooperate so my attorney and I traveled to Mexico City and visited their office with no appointment at all. We were seen by the legal department and were surprised to see me. I have also disputed charges with my credit card company. At the present time Royal Holiday agreed to return all my money and cancel my contract with them and have asked my attorney that they are willing to back me up whenever I decide to file a legal complaint against International Leisure Group. A new company has been calling to buy my vacation time I feel that they are also a fraudulent company as they have information about my Royal Holiday contract. They all are a bunch a crooks.

If you would like to speak to me please e mail me and let me know if you would like to speak to me personally I can try and help you. If you try to hire an attorney from the USA believe me they are not familia with mexican legal issues. By the way the attorney who is representing us is a trusted attorney. She know herself that time shares purshased in Mexico can be a problem as they tell you that if you don't buy it will not be offered again. She recommends that you tell them that you need to contact your attorney and will check contract. She has been alot of help to ion settling my case.

Sinceerly,

Laura R. Ruiz

Laura

joe Apr 25, 2008

That was years ago when you got duped. Do you buy cars the same way? It is amazing that people sign contracts and then read them later. Timeshares are stupid anyway, especially if you have children. Why burden them with this nonsense? Pay as you go, pay for vacations in cash. If you need to spread out the money in increments, you shouldn't be going on this level of vacation. From your childhood experience, you should have learned not to take people's word literally. This is a world of opportunists, con artists, and people that simply want your money. It is too bad that you didn't learn this during your early school years.

Madeline von Fersen Apr 25, 2008

We signed a contract for holiday travel points after some very smooth and lengthy manoeuvring on the part of several salesmen, ending with Victor Garcia Darosa Fucci, much against our better judgment. We have never owned a timeshare, even though such opportunities were presented to us in the past.
    In December 2017, we were living in Guatemala and although we knew that the 800 number will not work from there, we were given personal numbers and email for Mr. Garcia, as well as a Royal Holiday website user id and password and were assured that we can get all the information we need from the website and package. In addition if we had any questions or concerns, we could call Victor personally. On returning to Guatemala, I tried to access the website but found that the user id and password did not work and calling or emailing Mr. Garcia was also a lost cause. No package arrived, so we were uninformed and helpless until our return to Canada in June, 2017. Going through the package did not help in understanding what we had purchased and placing various calls to RHC seemed to be a dead end as well. The certificates we had received were either useless or expired, we were directed to various numbers, none of which were any help. The only thing that was abundantly clear, was that we would not be taking any holidays with Royal Holiday any time soon, unless of course we spent more money to upgrade our level. This was not an option. In the meantime, we would also be faced with paying annual maintenance fees for something we could not access. Unacceptable! We just want out of this nightmare and wish to warn others to stay away from this company or at the very least do your homework thoroughly before signing anything. They are very clever with their promises and wearing you down!

• Ta
    Tanya Mar 18, 2008

I am hoping that someone out there might be able to help. We were on vacation in Mexico April 2017. We received this VIP invite, and although we tried to turn it down, we were persuaded into attending. As always these presentations give you false hope and expectations, and I knew that. At the end we said we couldn't afford it and again, was pushed into a meeting room. After going over everything we thought well maybe if there was a trial package. We were given a smaller package but it wasn't a trial. We are now stuck with this for 30 years and will NEVER be able to use it. We were told we could use RCI, and I expressed no interest in RCI because of the additional cost. They said they pay for the membership...LIE. They said you can put it for rent, well I tried that and before you can put it up for rent you have to have at least 300000 credits per year and have recently upgraded by 10000 credits... DECEPTION!. These are only two of the lies and deceptions we have been subject to. I have written many emails to the company asking for some compensation, but of course no response. I have recently lost my job and we have to move 3000 miles to take care of elderly parents. We don't have the time, money or patience to use this. I don't care about the money lost so far, I just want to get rid of it. Does anybody have any words of advice?

ANNONIMOUS Mar 03, 2008

I used to work for Royal Holiday Club, in the corporate office in Mexico City, not Miami Fl, like they lead you to believe. Unfortunetly I agree with all the complaints that are presentated on this page. just to let you know, all of you guys that have that infamous "anuity certificate" that your sales rep said would return your money after 30 yrs, well...its not true, in the history of Royal Holiday there hasn't been one single "anuity certificate" been cashed and the "bank" that holds your investment doesnt even exist, If you dont believe me, just try calling someone from that "bank" (the tel number is in the back of your annuity cert) and i assure you will never get an answer, and if you are lucky and you do get a call back, is more than likely to be a reservations agent from Royal Holiday. I would suggest you either sell, rent or give away your membership before it eats you away. Oh... and to all those people that think of reporting Royal Holiday to any American/Canadian Agency, dont waste your time or any more of your money for that matter, it's not going to do you any good. The U.S government or law has no jurisdiction in Mexico or the Caribean were all of the Royal Holiday sales take place, why do you think that they dont sell memberships in their U.S resorts? Anyhow, Royal Holiday is not THAT BAD, you can actually make business out of it, well if you are smart about it ofcourse, you can sell vacations using your points to friends, family or co-workers, just advise them not to make your same mistake, you dont want to see them back home with a 5,000 point membership that is not even good to cover for a decent family vacation. oh...and to all of you guys that complain about availability, please take into considerations the following points:
    1)the amount of points you have (having 5,000 points does not make you a v.i.p when there is someone else that has payed a membeship for 100,000 point, yes, there are people that pay more than 100,000 usd and are happy with RH)
    2) seasons (for more availability go during months no one else is vacationing)
    3)locations (its not the same going to the bahamas than going to hawaii, therefore is not going to cost you the same)
    4)amount of people vacationing (please dont try to squez a family of 10 if you only have 5,000 points and can only afford a room for four people)
    5)room accomidation (again, with a petty membership of less than 30,000 points, you are never going to see what a presidential suite looks like, sorry..not happening)
    I truly feel your frustration, i had to deal with all of your complaints for 2 yrs, as a former NEW MEMBERS agent, if you want things done, you have to be super persistent and super duper NICE, most of the sales and reservations agents that RH hires hate the gringo ego and gringos in general (AMERICAN/CANADIANS)
    Currently I am located in the South Florida Area, if you need any more specific info on how to make your membership to good use, in other words, how to beat the monster known as ROYAL HOLIDAY,you can email me to
    [email protected]
    I charge of course, hey... i have to pay my way to college, nothing personal, just business
    ANNONIMOUS

beverly menzel Jan 13, 2008

We were on a cruise and stopped in cozumel at the park rotal we were scamed into buying their worthless lies and they got us drunk and held our id so long we almost missed our ship. We paid $10,000 and more in dues and hurricaine damage. We just want out. I cant believe they plied us with tequilla and scamed us and we are in our 50's. Help!

• De
    Deborah Dallas Jun 26, 2007

My husband and I were in Bahamas for his birthday and got wrapped up in this scam. We bought into it and have never been able to book a vacation this is more than a few years ago. I refuse to keep paying for a service I have never been able to collect on and they are wrecking my credit. I have paid them several thousands of dollars and have NOTHING to show for it. I have reported them to many agencies and still fighting, STAY AWAY from RHC!

• Th
    Theresa Bryant Jun 03, 2007

I was on vacation in Cozumel, Park Royal in May. I was given some free tours and a promise of free return trips when I purchased a vacation package plan from Royal Holiday. I have been trying to rebook a vacation in August, and can not get any help from the people I have been e-mailing and talking with. They say they can not honor the coupon I was given. It was not part of the contract. The contract does not look exactly like the one I signed. I signed four copies, and was given one. They said one was for the location of the hotel, another for the bank to secure the trust, one for the home office, and I got the third. I did not read all the copies, believing that they were all the same. I don't believe they were, and now they say my contract did not include the other things I was given with the coupons, so they do not have to give those things to me. I was supposed to be able to return to Cozumel for five years without using my points, so I could use them to go on a cruise. The cruise will take all my points, then I have to pay a fee because the cabin is all that is included, not the food. This is not what I was told when I purchased the plan. I don't want to be part of this any more. I now see the warning our government has against buying things like this. Why wasn't I given this by my travel agent? What good is a warning if you have not seen it? I can see that I should get my money back, it will take a fight with ruthless, greedy people. It would save my bank, the BBB in Southeast Florida, Profeco, the Attorney General's office, e-commerce, The Federal Trade Commission, and the State Dept. a lot of work if they would just have somebody give a flyer with the warning to all tourists going to areas where these resorts host the scammers. Please, write all these agencies and push to have warnings handed out. I will do what ever it takes to get my money back. It just seems like time wasted if someone in our government would do the job they are being paid to do, protect the tax payers and citizens of our country.