Roto-RooterRip off Artist

What a joke, I'm still laughing! I called for a clogged drain and could not get a quote over the phone. I was told the service man would quote me at the job site. I was quoated $268.00 to rout a drain pipe, a five minute job! I told the guy to get the hell out of my house! I rented a router from Home Depot for $43.00 and was donw in under 10 minutes. Stay away from these jokers!!!

• Ge
    Georgina Aug 29, 2016

I was quoted $450 from the person who originally came to estimate or drainage problem. Yes he came as promised within an hour. Then a technician came couple hours latter and quoted $550 because of possible water trap.

I ended with a bill of $809.83 for three hours work ??? and an estimate for $2800 to remove the water trap.

• En
    Endulg Aug 29, 2016

My basement was flooding due to two failed sump pumps. Roto Rooter advertises that they provide emergency service. I placed three separate calls with the call center and as of yet I have not received a call from anyone regarding my situation. I have had two separate companies show up, work and leave yet no Roto Rooter response yet. They should not advertise emergency service if they cannot provide that level of service. If I would have continued to wait on Roto Rooter the damage to my basement would be amplified beyond what has already occurred. They should have some back-up mechanism when one of their local plumbers cannot respond in an appropriate time-frame.

• Mi
    mink85 Aug 29, 2016

I was quoted $450 from the person who originally came to estimate or drainage problem from roto rooter. Yes he came as promised within an hour. Then a technician came couple hours latter and quoted $550 because of possible water trap. All in all I am not happy with roto rooter, as I ended up with many inconsistent estimates for the work that never added up! I ended with a bill of $809.83 for three hours work ??? Plus an estimate for $2800 to remove the water trap. Thanks roto rooter!

• Nu
    nuts Jul 29, 2016

roto rooter is abad company to call for service and to work for our pay check are like chump changes the company does not take care of thier employees all they want is for you to make them money and burn customers even if you get hurt

• Nu
    nuts Jul 29, 2016

roto rooter sucks at what they do first i was told the job was 192.75 then after the guy got done my bill was over 1.000 dollars this company are scam atrist

roland blackledge Jul 29, 2016

The service man made no attempt to solve our problem. He got out of his truck saying he couldn't help us. He charged us $89.00 for nothing. His name was David.

• Sh
    Shady Brook Jul 29, 2016

I called because of a sewer line stopped up tp the septic tank. Roto move it 20 feet down the pipe and said it was unclogged. A few days later I rented a auger and unclogged the line. They charged me $331.00 and refuse to refund my money

mansvoice Jul 29, 2016

STAY AWAY FROM ROTO ROOTER!!

Here's a letter to Roto Rooter regarding my complaint against them, that went largely unanswered... DON'T EVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!

Dear Pat:
    I wanted to take a moment to tell you of my displeasure with your repairman David M (can't read his last name unreadable) and the cost of his service. The invoice is 25 [protected] accomplished in Schererville, Indiana.
    On Friday, January 13th. I discovered a blockage in my 1.5 inch sump pump discharge line. As a result, my sump pump couldn't effectively discharge the perimeter water around the house to the city storm line. My pump pits were over full to the point of puddling around the pits. I needed to correct the problem fast, lest I have more water extending into more of my basement.
    I called Roto-Rooter believing somehow that your company was a fair, reputable and an honest company. Sadly, I know better now.
    When repairman David came to my house, he could see that I was in an emergency spot. I explained to David that I live next to an underground spring and I believed ( and correctly so) the iron sediment had clogged a small portion of the discharge to the point of failure. I needed about 2 linear feet of the line cleared.
    I was shocked when he quoted me a price of $380.00 to do the work which I knew would take about 20 minutes or less. I told him immediately I would not be willing to use his service considering the high price and the simple repair. He then dropped his price to $280.00! By his very offer to reduce the price, told me the guy lacked credibility and as such, was dishonest; I should have told him to leave. Even so, the price was still astronomical considering the small amount of work involved. I relented and agreed, knowing full well he was screwing me; but I needed to correct the water problem.
    He brought a simple electric rodding machine down to my basement and asked if I had and extension cord!
    I watched as he cleared the line. I could tell by the amount of iron oxide on his rodder line that indeed about 2 -3 feet of the line was clogged, no more. He was done with the work in about 15 minutes. The total time at my house was no more than 30 minutes!...For $280.00??
    Again, I called your company as I've said because of my feeling that you were an honest company. A $280.00 charge is a light year away from being honest and fair. I object to your man taking advantage of me because of my predicament... shame on him. Overcapitalizing on someone's misfortune just can't be your corporate objective or mantra.
    Perhaps what he may not understand is that I knew I was getting screwed then and I know now and from now on, I was screwed. I know you understand.
    In order to right this wrong, I'm asking that you refund a portion of my repair charge.
    Please feel free to call me at 219-669 which is my cell number. In the event I don't answer please leave a message with a number at which I can call you.
    Yours,

• Th
    This dude Jul 29, 2016

if there was any plumbing work that requires a licensed plumber make sure you ask for the Persons name and licene number and then call the plumbing inspector for your town if they cant provide you with it.

• Ej
    ejko Jul 29, 2016

if you dont want to be ripped off by plumbers who have more experiance as sellsmen then plumbing..do not call roto rooter.. they will rip you off.. and if you cant afford their service, they'll tell you to get a BANK LOAN.. real classy company there guys..you guys should be shut down

• Pl
    plumbing watchdog Jul 29, 2016

Roto-Rooter sends Unlicensed Plumbers to do work requiring a Licensed Plumber.

• My
    Myles Jul 29, 2016

I wish I made $300 FOR 1/2HOUR OF WORK!!! Job was half done and had to call roto ripoff 4 times to not get hung up on or sent to closed depts! Just to speak to manager!!! Then told another $335 to clean drain we agreed to clean for the original $300!!! I will NEVER call them again as they lie, charge more than Any company I know of !!1 1/2hour for $635!! Ripoff artist that threaten Law suit if not paid!!!
    Myles Mcswiney

• Mr
    Mrknowitall Jul 29, 2016

Just how did they rip you off? They are a business, not a charity. Some plumbing work can get expensive. Your review is basically a lot of sewage.

JacW33 Jul 29, 2016

I payed for a professional Plumber to install a toilet and within 5 months it was leaking. I called the same company back to fix it and the charged me the full price again. I called the owner and she basically told me that after 30 days they could care less that the quality of their workmanship is bad.

• Bi
    BigGuy201 Jul 29, 2016

So basically if I understand this correctly, you are infuriated that you are being charged for services rendered you authorized to take place and agreed to pay for, and you're infuriated that they want the money you owe them?

FYI, a Plumber is never cheap. a Plumber a Skilled Tradesman, a professional at his craft. If you want someone cheap, get a handy-man. Or even cheaper? Do it yourself. Otherwise, do not call a plumber to do the job if you cannot afford a skilled professional to do the job.

I do not work for Roto-Rooter, and I am not a Plumber at all, I do however, know quite a few Plumbers. It's not cheap.

Annette Gagnon Jul 29, 2016

On may 28th, i had to call Roto rooter for a water leak coming out of my water main on my side of the pipes. They came and repaired the leak .I paid them $175.00 . This morning i find the water leak is back and I called them at 805 am. Tammy said she would give me a call when they were on their way . At 10am I called again and Tammy said that there were other people in front of me and that I was next. I believe this is unfair to me. I have already paid for a BAD JOB and they should have moved me to the head of the line since my issue was called in on tuesday the 28th. I have been sitting here for 5 hours and 40 minutes and still no one has showed up. This horrible service and horrible quality of work has now cost me an entires day of pay. I have searched the web and cannot find a corporate phone number or email address. This lady Tammy that I have been talking with is the Manager of my local Roto Rooter, She gave me the owners name but said his phone # was the same # i have been calling. He was not available. I would have to call back and try to catch him. I AM VERY DISPLEASED.

• Sc
    Scott Moon Feb 22, 2016

most of roto rooters operating expenses i.e.van, gas, van repairs and maintainance and insurance is paid by the tech I did it for 10 years and grew very tired of it but I guess it was my own fault as far as machines go they make they're own same with cables(hollow core garbage) so they save a buttload there also they say they care but they don't they are like every other corporation out there money hungry megalomaniacal ###.

Romy S. Aug 15, 2015

I called Roto Rooter on a Sunday knowing with their Ads no extra charge weekend/Holidays. The guy charge me $400 a 15 minutes job and I was floored with disgust. I know I don't have a choice but what a RIP OFF!!!. DO NOT use ROTO ROOTER again my friends.

• Li
    lil buddy Oct 17, 2013

My neighbor is involved with roto rooter he is a very young guy but lives like a king he has a huge house new cars new everything I feel it is a total disgrace that roto rooter has a licence to steal. This guy is a plumber ### that loves ripping people off so he has everything better than anyone else..these ###s look like they never get dirty and think they're better than everyone.

• Mr
    mr simmons Jan 07, 2012

i am 45 year old male with service exp from maytag, ups, basemnt waterproofing, and two nationwide plumbing companys..first a customer needs a first impression.second customers need a nice easy education of situation at hand..a service mans best sale for whatever amount of monies is pictures of realitive jobs as this customers..such as a plumbing problem with a leaking lead toilet bend dripping into basmnt..first take a picture with a poloroid, lay it on the table..second ask the customer to come with you too see their problem give them a flashlight to hold and look.third ask customer why has the lead toilet bend been repaired so many times and its 60 years old original yet its exposed with no ceiling, seems like a easy replacmnt? you quote customer $650.00..o, h thats way to much money, we cant pay that, thats robbery..you even said its exposed and seems like an easy replacmnt...sure just like thanksgiving dinner take the turkey out the bag and pop it in the oven and your done?now go to your past photos of same jobs done prior lay those out on table and throw theirs in the mix..ask them to find one like yours.great now show them invoices of prior jobs and moneys paid...the worst stories of people feeling ripped off and very upset is the education ...why go too yale or harvard when you can get the same education at a online university..dont forget as a customer you are paying for a law firm, plumbing company, doctor, vet for your animals, dentist.ect...you wont find a vet that just cuts nails, nor a lawyer that does just type and voice mail services, nor the doctor that just cures hiccups, nor thedentist who just repairs one tooth stains...my point is a company of any kind has too be good at your whole situation...and you at your job dont do just one thing and you want paid for your total education and skills...a plumber is the easy target 1st most plumbing is in your home you know how to use another sink or shower and how to prioritize repairs ..a person who has no freinds or neighbors to ask for refs has no connection to resolve money related repairs in their home and it is human nature to go on the get angry page...a blind date that costs you money, you dont know how much how involved or if the repair will last? your human..ive been in the top 3 people for residential plumbing in the usa for the last 6 years..i bring my franchise a million in sales per 12 months .i get paid more than the doctor next door the lawyer across street..i am great at my job because i deal with the doctors house lawyers, hospitals, schools, dentist, pilot, on and on..why do they call a plumber? im sure its because they have some kind of common sence that they would rather pay for security and somebody else owns this problem in my house and has warranty to go with it..and im free at last...know how severe your job is...is it a 1 or a 10? dont go too a surgen to get a tooth pulled, maybe a dentist..dont go to the car dealer for a flat, maybe a tire repair shop..dont call a plumber for a rusted out faucet and expect them too build you a new faucet by pouring metal and making forms to yours and thinking home depot can do that also...anyone you have too your home that is dirt cheap is ripping us all off by not paying permits, cash only, local license, bwc, 401k, and is better off going back to a third world country, , in the usa the usa lives and thrives on taxes and laws and paying your way..too many people that find fault with large companys are not in our best interests, couldnt tell you how many times customers tryed too ripp off my company i work for by asking can you do this on the side? ill pay you cash...bingo they are the ripp offs even in their own home..want to screw my company i love, not pay taxes like they should..try to get you to break the law with them..i can go on and on, , how much does the cell phone cost you a month?your car payment?your home?pay to play sports at school?colledge? the problem is your getting nickle and dimed elsewhere and you cant put a finger on it and screwed because you cant have all these things come to your home and break it down, someones comming to my home atlast the balls in my court...you called the guest to your house they didnt show up with a gun to your head.im not trying to cause pause but just the human reaction to a bad education in your home..my wife knows if someone comes into our home for service and says hi wheres the problem ok 50 bucks sign here, they got to go dont care price.buisness is to build relationships..if your upset your really pissed you didnt get the buisness relationship nor got too know your service person and also felt used by lack of respect and kindness you should get so the customer will go for the throat vs saying the reality and that they made a bad choice by not asking around before they just pick up the phone book and call anybody into their home..plumbing problems could be your least problem, when these flunkies come back and or tell their freinds about your home, furnishing, rings and things worth money i bet you will make a better decision in the next person company entering your home with you faimly ect children...my wife has been educated too use good judgmnt...thank you mr simmons columbus ohio

• Gi
    Gibrarian May 28, 2011

RotoRooter was called to fix a toilet leak, a technician came and was trying to sell us a water restoration company service. He even dialed the number for us. I bet he is getting the commission or owns the water restoration business. It was awful. The water poured for several hours we are still waiting for someone to come. The man did not speak proper english and was urging us to call the water restoration service.

• Mc
    McGriffMydear May 26, 2011

I called Roto-Rooter [protected]) on Friday May 6, 2011, to unclog my kitchen sink. Guy arrives on time, works for a few minutes, couldn't find clog with his few moments of snaking then guessed problem was unvented pipe. We explained that pipe has never been vented in 7 years and it has NEVER clogged before. Roto-Rooter guy demands $150.00 even though we were all still looking at my clogged sink.

The Roto-Rooter man leaves my place a mess and leaves my house angry. I called the same number [protected]) back on Monday morning, May 9, 2011 and they tell me that they are calling their attorney. I hope they do because we called another plumber on Saturday May 7, 2011, who found the clog and fixed the problem in a little more than 1 hour. No Clog...hah..Roto-Rooter?!

Bottom line, don;t call Roto-Rooter, call your local plumber they will fix your problem!!

• What I find most amusing is all the people on here that have said they went and bought the part themselves for like $10 and they were done in 5 min. Why did you call a plumber if you were going to fix it yourself? Also, to all the people who say they rip you off, why is it the plumber is a rip off artist but you doctors and lawyers aren't? I live in NJ and you should understand that just getting your Master Plumbers license, you state bond, and your insurance just so you can operate your business is an expense, not to mention gas at almost $4 a gallon, van insurance, advertising, tools/equipment, getting medical insurance for you own family on your own, rent on office space, paying employees that dont bring in direct income for the company(office staff), and many other things that cost a business owner money. You do the math and it makes sense. Plus people think that the man has at least 40 billable hours a week. Not when he is working up estimates that dont cost you a thing, loses money by going to homes that dont have a real problem but the customer calls anyway, running permits with the local township offices, and everything else he has to do to run a business that he cant charge someone for. Some people have nothing better to do then complain instead of looking in the mirror and realizing they are the real problem.

• Mo
    Mom Mom Apr 26, 2011

Same thing happened to me several years ago. This is the worst plumbing company.

Rotorootersucks Apr 25, 2011

Roto rooter was called to our home after the water company told us we had roots in the main drain. Their tech stuck a few blades through and told my husband we had a collapsed pipe. We finally had good weather to dig up the pipe and found that it was full of roots. I emailed rotorooter to tell them and stated that I think I should get my money back. They did investigate, but since they weren't called IMMEDIATELY after digging up the pipe and finding the problem, so they could check it they decided nothing would be done in our favor. Watch these people, if they say one thing, make them write it on the pink receipt, all ours says is "clogged drain". Duh!! I guess we are liars in their eyes, and they are ?

• Pl
    Plumb Best Apr 23, 2011

I am currently employed by Roto Rooter. I am a licensed plumber with over ten years experience in the trade. Did any of you know that, the techs own their own vehicles. Yes thats right we own/insure/ our vehicles and pay for all of our own gas. We are paid based on 100% commission. So its very often that we get called to a home 30 to 40 miles away to simply check on some shady work done by a hack in someones house. I drive all over the place for nothing all the time, people see "free estimate" and abuse it daily! We always give a price upfront, and our 24 hour service and warranties are industry leading. If you dont like the price dont accept the service thats all there is to it. We work hard and do good work. try getting any other company to your house on christmas, thanksgiving etc. or even at 6 at night to give an estimate cause you cant be bothered to leave work early. Some of you people are so irrational and impossible to please. Are we allowed to make a living? I would love to see the plumbing you do on your own. Im sure its laughable, and not to mention ILLEGAL!

• In
    intexas Apr 16, 2011

Just because someone calls a plumber doesn't mean that they can't do the job. Maybe they just don't want to, as in our case. My husband hates plumbing so we called Roto Rooter. They came out, told us it would be $249, and proceeded to snake the kitchen drain.

I just called John Moore Plumbing and they told me they usually charge $69 for the same job. I'm sure John Moore has overhead, insurance, pretty logos, etc. just like Roto Rooter but they don't seem to want to rip people off.

I don't think people should starve working in their chosen profession and would have happily paid a plumber $100 to do the job but what Roto Rooter charged was just too much.

Just my two cents.

Nadine
    Houston, TX

• Wa
    watergirl4537 Mar 09, 2011

Roto-rooter refused to honour their $30 coupon from their own website.After having said on the phone that they accept coupons, they refused.Why have coupons on ur website it you don't accept internet coupons from ur own freaking website??!!VEry unprofessional, zero customer satisfaction.

• Li
    Lilly12 Mar 06, 2011

I just had to call a plumber... it is Sunday afternoon, lousy weather out here in upstate NY. Called four plumbers before calling Roto Rooter, got busy signals or answering machines. Called Roto Rooter, a person answered the phone, had a plumber calling me in 15 minutes. I knew it was just a clogged toilet, but it is something that can't wait until regular hours, so I knew it would cost me for an emergency call on a Sunday afternoon. The techs said they would come over after the job they were on, they were here within the hour, snaked the toilet, and went on their way, charging me $160, which is the going rate for a Sunday afternoon emergency call I would think. Yes, it took them longer to fill out the paperwork for the service call, but they were professional, pleasant, and didn't try to tell me it was something more than what it was. Snake, out of here, on to the next call. I have no problem with that kind of emergency service, and i realize that even though the price sounds high, it is expected for 24/7 service, and it wasn't exorbitant or over any of the other plumbers in the area who would have charged me the same price for Sunday afternoon emergency service.

• Re
    Reckon Feb 17, 2011

Called Roto Rooter on Friday, Jan 4 at about 3 pm to schedule an appointment for the next day, if possible to fix a busted water pipe. I had no water in the home. Appointment was made for Saturday between 12-4. At about 2:00 on Saturday, I received a call that they couldn't make it out that day but assured me that on Monday a repairman would be there between 8-12. Needless to say, no one showed up and no one from the company called to tell me about a delay. I called them about 1:00 only to be told that the technician was tied up but I was next in line for service. 3:30 a dispatacher calls to say that they wouldn't be able to make it, and assured me that on Tuesday morning (4 days from first call) someone would be at my home between 7:30 and 8:00am. At 8:10 I called inquiring about the status of the repairman. After waiting on hold for 5 minutes, I was told "he's on the way". By 9:05 no one showed up so I left for work; enough time had been wasted. Finally at 9:30 the dispatcher calls to say the repairman is at my home. I spoke with the repairman and he quoted a price of $375 to replace a connector pipe that had burst. I had already priced the part anf knew it wasn't more than about $20.00. Then he went on to say that he had to figure out how to tackle the problem and the repair would take a few hours. I'm disappointed that it took 4 days to finally get someone out to the house and that was only after numerous calls back and forth. The repairman seemed unsure of himself. I chose a different company to do the work. I've used Roto Rooter in the past and was pleased. This time I'm very, very, disappointed. It'll be a while before I use them again!

rotorooter Dec 01, 2010

I think all of these people that complain are pretty funny. I work for Roto-Rooter and we get so many people that would never get their drain open by theirselfs. They try with these little hand snakes and stuff, then end up calling us anyway. We get people who think that because their floor drain is backing up when they flush the toilet that is where they need to run the machine down. They waste money on driving to the store and wasting money on buying some machine or renting it or dumping so much drain cleaner down the line that they end up ruining their own pipe. They can just call us in the first place and spend 150-250 bucks in most cases and we will get the problem solved right. People think these prices are high but are they really. We drive to your house in our vehicle which is a large chevy van with thousands of pounds of equipment in it. It gets about 10 mpg. Then we bring in our own equipment some of which weighs close to 400 pounds. Some of the machines cost up to 25, 000 dollars. Then we fix your problem for you, and cleanup our mess when we are finished. Then we make any recommendations that we can to you. People have to realize how much money they are really saving. Would you rather pay a few hundred dollars in most cases, or would you rather go out buy the thousands of dollars worth of equipment yourself. That or would you rather us tell you that your sewer line needs replaced all the way to the street and that is going to cost you maybe 10 to 15 thousand dollars.

• Re
    repotheroto Nov 19, 2010

IN Massachusetts it has been alledged that Roto Rooter sends unlicensed people to do work in Massachusetts. Theres currently a movement that has begun to stop this Practice. If you happen to have been an employee of Roto Rooter or customer and have Places, dates and times or an invoice of a Job that was done in Massachusetts please contact me at [email protected] Had you recieved PLUMBING serices (not drain cleaning) You may have in fact had a apprentice or drain cleaner do the work. In Massachusetts its illegal for an apprentice to do any plumbing work unless supervised by an licensed plumber. This may also be consumer fraud in hwich you may have legal recourse. Like i said this is something that has been alledged and not proven in a court of law as of yet. Your cooperation in this matter could be very helpful. Thanks

• Ra
    rajesh bhai Nov 11, 2010

Dentking product is such a very nice product

• La
    Lamber Nov 09, 2010

Called Roto-Rooter to unclog kitch sink pipe. Figured a big company would be less likely to take advantage of you. Had area easily accessible. Plumber took off one nut and ran snake down and back and replaced nut. Charged me 345 dollars. Total time from time he arrived in my driveway to time he left was 30 minutes, total work time 15min. No supplies. This amounts to over $600/hr of work. Neither the plumber or roto rooter was willing to reduce charge.

MY Mistake was not asking for estimate immediately upon his arrival; would have asked if he encountered anything more major and couldn't imagine paying more than 100-200 for 30 min of work.

The company was unwilling to even return calls; The plumber tried to blame the "company sets the price" and the company states the plumber comes up with the price. Obviously, the plumber makes up prices when he sees what kind of house you have.

• Se
    Serviceman#Deuce5 Oct 12, 2010

I specialize in drain cleaning for a small company a third the price though the owner was an Ex-Roto Rooter superviser for 20 yrs, and just to drop The Big Machine and pull it to a Clean-out is about 5 min. Good thing you didnt get hung up and damage the cable or rented machine. That price is not too shabby being fully Insured. If a companies charging very low, That means they not fully insured, or have a Gimmick ready for you to make up for that low price. Or thats a first time customer price!

• Fr
    Freedom123 Sep 19, 2010

Love Walmart...

You say you can buy a snake at Walmart for much less than the labor then you say you can't even drive... hmm. So truly you can't even make it to WalMart, yet alone fix your toilet.

Ignorant Americans you annoy me!

• Lo
    love walmart Aug 16, 2010

it happened to me also..my toilet is clogged so i called them and says i can get online quote online and since its sunday sending somebody will cost me $40..but if i do it next day, the $40 is gone..then when the guy came, did the job for 5 mins using a snake, and charge me $180..what the hell?? i can buy the snake at walmart for much more less than the labor..i just cant drive..and the 40 is not even there..

• Sw
    SWATPrez Jul 15, 2010

They are crooks, ripoff artists. They have tried, and succeeded in many cases to close the doors of their local competition. You show that you can do a better job, cheaper price, and more professional, they will come at you and your company with all they have. They can, and will, outspend most companies in court to put them out of business. They force people to lie, or pay them to do so, under oath. Very bad business practices, management and untrained employees. Hire stock boys off the street, make them buy their own truck, train them for several weeks and send them out to charge top dollar, like they were professionals, unreal. Crooks, thieves, liars, unfair business practices, etc. They suck, call a local small plumbing company for all your needs, you will be better off in the end.

Jake from Philly Apr 08, 2010

I had clogged drains in my house today.
    I called roto-rooter ... they had someone at my house within the hour.

the tech., told me the price up-front $400.
    he did the work .. unclogging the laundryroom washer drain and the upstairs bathroom shower drain.

I thought the price was a little steep ... but this is my first experience with a plummer.

but, , these days you get what you pay for.
    the tech finished in 2-3 hours, , cleaned up nicely ..gave me a 6 month warrenty 100%.
    I know roto-rooter, , will still be there in 6 months, if there is a problem.

So .. maybe I spent a few dollars more, , but piece-of-mind and the sound of drainging water, , is worth the extra ??( I guess maybe $80-$100) I could've saved with a fly-by-night plummer. So, I don't get to go to a restaurant this month ... it's worth it.

All things considered ... I am a happy customer with roto-rooter.

Maybe I overspent ...maybe I was taken .. like I said, my first plummer experience.
    but the job was done right.

Jack / Philadelphia

• Rj
    rjricochet Mar 06, 2010

roto rooter has been in business since 1935 and is the number 1 plumbing / drain cleaning company in the world... its dumbfounding how people can say they are a rip off, you dont get where they are ripping people off. not too mention i am a licensed plumber who works in sales now for an advertising company, and customers always think they know everything. usually ends up costing more because some "do it yourselfer" tried to fix it themselves and made the problem worse. plumbing is a service provided just like anything else, you get what you pay for. you cant judge a company who employees 3000+ employees based one a sigle occurance. and just like stated earlier, you quote a price for a problem that you dont know the extent of. what you people dont realize is that roto rooter doesnt charge a service charge just to come out like 90% of the others do. here i am defending them and never even worked for them! i just know how "customers" are, thining they know it all. some people you cant please period. and sounds like we have a group of them complaining here. furthermore, if you could have fixed the problem yourself to begin with, why did you even call a plumber? roto rooter is a great company, have a nice day!