Ross Dress for Lesslabor law violations

I am stationed in Afghanistan and my fiancee works at Ross Dress For Less in Lakeland, FL. She has been working there two years and passed over for a manager position by a girl who is 21 (my fiancee is 33) because of seniority. The manager's name is Charlene. My fiancee is Indian and she is being discriminated against. She called me today (in Afghanistan) to tell me that she worked 6 hours and her manager, Charlene, refused to give her a lunch break. Now I KNOW that according to the Fair Labor laws if you work over 6 hours you are supposed to get a lunch break. My girlfriend has a high metabolism and if she doesn't eat regularly she has migraines. She is also discriminated against by not being allowed to go get food on her 15 minute breaks (everyone else is), not being allowed to have any water under her cash register counter (everyone else is, she is supposed to work 6 hours without food OR water???) Also, she is supposed to get off at 5 and Charlene won't let her leave until the "line goes down." My fiancee also tells me that employees at the store make fun of her because she is Indian, so that right there is also discrimination going unchecked. My fiancee also told me that a new employee, on the first night, ran out crying because of Charlene's treatment to her.
Does ANYONE have the email or phone number to the District office for Ross Dress For Less in Florida or for Ross Dress For Less Corporate headquarters so my girlfriend and I can file a complaint? I looked up on the internet that the violation for violating a labor law is a fine of up to $5, 000, and Charlene obviously is violating labor laws by making my fiancee work 6 hours without a lunch break!

Does ANYONE have the email or phone number to the District office for Ross Dress For Less in Florida or for Ross Dress For Less Corporate headquarters so my girlfriend and I can file a complaint? If so PLEASE email me at [protected]@hotmail.com

• Co
    Cocoa2k Jul 22, 2013

More than 5 hours suppose to be a meal. Break is 2 hours call labor law . I place is a joke . And everyone isn't even in uniform . I see open toe shoes and capris. One girl shows her tattoo while the poor guys hides theirs. This girl needs her covered ..

• Ly
    Lysh Jul 23, 2011

Ross is probably the worst place to work for. This does not sound uncommon. I was an area supervisor at Ross for almost a year. I have added up all the breaks that I was legally entitled to take and it totals out to about 100 hours. They would force me to stay in the building on shift, because there wouldn't be any other person in the building who could cover me.