[Resolved] Rooms To Go - Norcross, GA — avoid any business with rooms to go!
On 12 february 2007 my friend purchased a couch at rooms to go for $350. This seemed like a great deal, so my friend made sure the price was correct, then paid for the couch and made arrangements to pick it up the next day.
Today, 13 february 2007, my friend borrowed my van to pick up the couch.
Once the couch was loaded into the van (And already paid for the night before) the rooms to go store manager came out and said the price was incorrect. He claimed the real price was $700, but that he would let her have the couch for "only" $500. This is a far cry from the originally confirmed $350 price tag, so my friend was forced to unload the couch and return it to the store.
This is a bait and switch tactic if i've ever heard one. I called corporate on my friend's behalf and explained the situation. This story was met with zero sympathy, and not a hint of an apology. The only thing the representative on the phone did was read me some paperwork that said rooms to go reserves the right to change the price and charge you more for any merchandise you purchase, up to seven days after you purchase it. He acted like it was no big deal to have a policy in place that could charge you more money at the discretion of rooms to go, even after you've paid for and hauled home the merchandise.
This is absolutely absurd, and I encourage all consumers to avoid any business that believes in such a practice.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
More Rooms To Go - Norcross, GA Complaints & Reviews
- Rooms To Go Outlet - bad customer service
- Ge Online Service / Rooms To Go - saturday payment considered late payment
- Rooms to Go - thieves/liars/poor customer service
- Rooms to Go - sold me a mattress with bed bugs in it
- Rooms to Go - cindy crawford palm springs sectional sofa
- Rooms to Go - the rep refused to help me with the leather coach, which started to fade away
- Rooms to Go - fabric high back recliner
- Rooms to Go - fraud!
- Rooms to Go - horribly delivery time, no stock availability
- Rooms to Go - living room sofa set