Rooms To Go - Norcross, GAavoid any business with rooms to go!

On 12 february 2007 my friend purchased a couch at rooms to go for $350. This seemed like a great deal, so my friend made sure the price was correct, then paid for the couch and made arrangements to pick it up the next day.

Today, 13 february 2007, my friend borrowed my van to pick up the couch.

Once the couch was loaded into the van (And already paid for the night before) the rooms to go store manager came out and said the price was incorrect. He claimed the real price was $700, but that he would let her have the couch for "only" $500. This is a far cry from the originally confirmed $350 price tag, so my friend was forced to unload the couch and return it to the store.

This is a bait and switch tactic if i've ever heard one. I called corporate on my friend's behalf and explained the situation. This story was met with zero sympathy, and not a hint of an apology. The only thing the representative on the phone did was read me some paperwork that said rooms to go reserves the right to change the price and charge you more for any merchandise you purchase, up to seven days after you purchase it. He acted like it was no big deal to have a policy in place that could charge you more money at the discretion of rooms to go, even after you've paid for and hauled home the merchandise.

This is absolutely absurd, and I encourage all consumers to avoid any business that believes in such a practice.

RESOLVED

• Tm
    T Musser Feb 03, 2020

$500 Night tables have PAPER colored like wood on top. Paper is peeling after six months. Am wondering what else is not as advertised. Will never enter Rooms to Go again. This is a junk store.

• Di
    Dibonaventura Dec 22, 2019

Horrible customer service, nothing but lies, I have been trying to get my sofa recliner fix for over 2 years with no luck, I was promised a replacement now that offer is of the table, recliner still broke, buyers beware
    Junk furniture bad quality overpriced

• TellUsRTG Dec 31, 2019

@Dibonaventura We would be happy to look into that for you! Just send us an email to [email protected] with your feedback. We hope to hear from you soon! - Tiffany

• Ad
    adam31575 Dec 19, 2019

Item displayed online did not have pre-punctured chord holes in the back of the unit. This suggests they were either small or that they were closed/covered by default allowing the user to open them up if needed. However, several large and unneeded chord holes are in the unit exposing wire, back ceiling etc.

• TellUsRTG Dec 31, 2019

@adam31575 We are truly sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with your console. Please email us the details of your order to [email protected] and we'd be more than happy to look into this for you. We hope to hear from you soon! - Tiffany

• Ra
    Rachtucker Nov 17, 2019

Had sofa for a little over 3 years and it doesn't get tons of sitting on or usage and it's falling apart. Cushions are sinking and uncomfortable to sit on and the seams are ripping in a few different areas. The threading is also coming unraveled. Horrible purchase for the price. Paid way to much money for it not to hold up. Very unsatisfied.

• TellUsRTG Dec 02, 2019

@Rachtucker We are deeply disappointed to hear this! Please send us an email to [email protected] with your order info and we'd be more than happy to look into this for you!

Matlin1017 Oct 28, 2019

I work on gas pumps for a living. This cone was to alert people. Glad I wasn't standing where this cone was when your driver drove in to this station. Blocked a pump, never bought gas.
    My complaint was too short to submit. Well dangerous driving doesnt have to be explain in 350 characters...

• Da
    Dale Poston Aug 19, 2019

Black finish peeling in several locations. Photos included.
    The unit is less than three years old. It is owned by two
    senior citizens with no pets and very, very few visitors.
    [email protected] [protected]

• TellUsRTG Aug 22, 2019

@Dale Poston We are disappointed to learn that you are having this issue with your furniture. Please send us the photos and order info to [email protected] and we'd be happy to review this matter further. We hope to hear from you soon!

• Ka
    Kathy Rentschler Jul 13, 2019

Fabric does not hold up. Pills like a sweater after a month. Stains very easily. And yes I have a warranty that I purchased which is useless. Do NOT buy this sectional and NEVER buy the warranty (read the fine lines, it covers NOTHING even though the salesman says it covers EVERYTHING).

• TellUsRTG Jul 16, 2019

@Kathy Rentschler We hate to hear that you feel this way and we would certainly love to help in any way that we can. Care to email us your order info and the details of your experience to [email protected]?

Jamie Pedrazzoli Bach May 26, 2019

May 19th at 4:40 pm a rooms to go semi driver almost killed me. He was driving a double semi truck and passed 6 cars and came head on to me I had to swerve right. This happened at st road 60 eastbound vehicle was going west. Driver needs discipline.

• TellUsRTG May 29, 2019

@Jamie Pedrazzoli Bach This is horrible to hear and we definitely need more info on this. Please send us an email to [email protected] with the details of the incident. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

• La
    LaFesha Feb 11, 2019

I purchased a king size mattress and box springs However the mattress began to cave in in the middle and just wasn't any good. I called and spoke to a manager about the mattress, A man came out to confirm the mattresses was indeed 100% replaceable. Ive been receiving the run around about the new mattress. I still haven't received my new mattress.

• TellUsRTG Feb 13, 2019

@LaFesha We are sorry to learn you are having an issue receiving your replacement mattress. Please send us your order info to [email protected] and we would be happy to look into this for you!

• Js
    JSAllen Nov 19, 2018

Rtg refuses to replace leaves on dining room table that have a severe manufacturers defect. Leaves mismatch table by nearly 1/2". Customer service was no help!

• TellUsRTG Dec 06, 2018

@JSAllen @JSAllen we are sorry to learn about the issue with your table. We'd be more than happy to review this matter further, just shoot us an email to [email protected] with your order info. We hope to hear from you soon!

• Bi
    Bismah Shama Jav Nov 11, 2018

I purchased this Sofa in April 2016 and this was delivered to us in May 2016. The sofa has already worn out and the thread is coming out.
    I submitted the complaint and they send out the technician and he took picture but he never shared those with Roomstogo. Please advise and i want this sofa to exchange or return.

• TellUsRTG Dec 06, 2018

@Bismah Shama Jav @ Bismah Shama Jav We are sorry to hear about the issues with your sofa. Please send us your order info to [email protected] and we'd be happy to help in any way that we can!

Jaybb Oct 21, 2018

I purchase in 2015 black leather couch at Rooms To Go for $950 and it's like a suede material that's falling apart when I have a little decal that says leather on it. I don't like the peeling and chafting of this material on the couch that is my complaint.

• Me
    Melanie Garland Sep 10, 2018

I bought a set of 5 theatre seats that are supposed to interlock with each other that is not happening from day one, one of the arm rest is missing screws i have called numerous times about this nothing now the so called leather is literally blistering and falling off also the stitching is breaking this is happening to most of them

• Ju
    June139 Sep 01, 2018

One of the delivery guys forged my signature on a document I never read or signed. I am beyond upset and have lost all trust in the company. Forgery is a felony and I will not tolerate it.

• Wa
    Waheed6 Aug 20, 2018

We bought sofa from them but the seats on them keep slipping down when you sit and causing health issues to my mother. We ask for change but they not listening at all very very poor customer service.

• Ri
    Rivka Aug 20, 2018

"Leather" living room set, used approximately 5-10 times a year peeled off completely within 3 years. You can tell cushions are formed still due to minimum use. The area where these are is more like a display section of the house. The furniture is not exposed to direct sunlight nor any factor that could be considered a possibility for damage.

• As
    Ashley longshore Aug 15, 2018

Ive spent 2 hours in total on hold with rooms to go.
    I simply had a cple questions and it took 2 hrs on hold, asking for a manager n being hung up on.
    N finally on my 5th call, I was barely given the info I needed ect. I made it clear I had a disability and am very ill. But Melissa the office manager made it clear she was too busy to deal with me

NoLink Jun 16, 2010

'Rooms to problems' is a joke, go elsewhere. 'rooms to lies' in Frisco tx. claims their manager is working on delivery truck to avoid speaking with customers over complaints !

Run do not Stop @ rooms to misery !

• Ka
    Karen Tidmore Jun 10, 2019

@NoLink I totally agree. Poor quality and customer service

• TellUsRTG Jul 11, 2019

@Karen Tidmore We hate to hear you feel this way and would love to know why! Care to send us your order info and feedback to [email protected]?

• Fo
    Foxes Apr 23, 2009

Your friend is EXTREMELY lucky that Rooms to Go is unethical and backed out on the price. Rooms to Go sells JUNK...the fabric and seams rip apart on couches. So your friend saved $350 and avoided dealing with this unscrupulous company.