Rite Aid Corporation / pharmacy sent out the wrong customer information

Today I went to pick my medicine up from my local Rite Aid. When I looked in my bag I notice my regular bottle of pills was in there so I didn't pay anything else too much attention. But some hours later I went to read the information sheet to see if I could take my medicine without eating and I noticed that I had someone else information. This made me very worrisome because I could see all of this lady information. Her address, phone number, employer info, her medical info, what she was taking, how many refills and so forth. If I had all her information who has all of mines. It's a bit frightening! While this may seem like a small mistake to some god forbid my personal information ends up in the wrong hand and become social media information. I am completely take aback and highly nervous about this. Is there anyway to track down who has my information. What can be done about this mishap?

Je
Sep 09, 2019

Comments

•   Sep 10, 2019

You’d have to contact the pharmacy and ask them.

•   Sep 12, 2019

Well, once you leave pharmacies with a prescription you must keep it. (It cannot be returned). However, you getting someone else's rx and information is not ok and the pharmacy should be aware of it.

If available, try bringing the meds to her personally. Perhaps she has your information.

In any event the pharmacy should know about their breach if security. This is actually a newsworthy event.

•   Sep 12, 2019

If my information was given to someone else, I’d be on the phone to the corporate office and complaining politely yet firmly.

•   Sep 13, 2019

@SubSquirrel How would you know others had your information?

•   Sep 13, 2019

@Um is not an answer! If I got theirs, chances are that someone else got mine.

• Su
      Sep 13, 2019

@SubSquirrel Yes I fully agree ... complain polite yet firmly! Way to be LOL! 😂🤣😂🤣

•   Sep 13, 2019

@SubmissiveTreeRodent We’ve seen your style of complaints about Thai chicken and the comments were upsetting to you. So now you follow me around and post.

Great life you have. Ordering takeout chicken from Shaw’s and following me on this board. Ha!

•   Sep 14, 2019

@SubmissiveTreeRodent There's no way you complain politely yet firmly EVERYDAY!