1st Convenience Bank Complaints & Reviews

Jul 08, 2021

1st Convenience Bank — Loss prevention / deposit services

I am disabled and I depend on getting my benefit money to help take care of the medical, medicine, co-pay...

1st Convenience Bankcustomer service / fraud prevention

Over the 12 years I have been a customer with 1st Convenience Bank. I loved this bank in the beginning, but I have seen the quality of this bank slowly decline. Branches closing, personnel rotating out, denial of loans even with a "stellar" credit score, and holding deposit checks for two weeks.

I even talked my son into getting an account. I regret that now.

The breaking point came this weekend, with an agent calling and saying there was a problem with my sons account. I explained he was working and could I help, as I do his banking for him, but she could tell me nothing because of privacy concerns. Fair enough - but I get off the phone and now my account is frozen.

I call back for an explanation and again, I can get no information ... about my own account! She provided absolutely no help and even accused me of bank fraud at one point! The best I can figure is that I transferred $300 to my son's account, and when he repaid me by transferring $300 back, that triggered some flag that this clueless agent couldn't comprehend. Let's see ... $300 out, $300 in ... criminal profit of $ 0. Yeah ... I'm a criminal mastermind!

A visit to the physical branch fixed the accounts, but they had no idea why I was being treated this way either. How can you protect me from real fraud if your idea of protection is attacking your own customers?

I'm done...closing the accounts. You can't fix stupid.

Respond

1st Convenience BankKept my money after the promised to return it.

I have been with this bank for about 6 years. Have had loans/ all paid back in perfect time. Made cash deposits bi monthly, occasionally deposited my payroll check. I wanted to start using mobile banking. I went to the branch manager, he said it would be best to deposit check so current record of check on file would insure no problems with mobile device. So I did.
    Next day my funds were available and I started paying bills. Later that day I got an email that was of the rudest Ive ever seen. It said we have put a hold on this check because we feel because of multiple overdrafts on your account it will not be paid. we will release the hold on the 17th of January.
    I made that deposit on the 5th. The letter clearly said if this is a bank error all fees and returned charges will be refunded. I called the bank that the check was written on. It cleared on the 9th. They still kept it till the 14th
    charged me 4 nsfs, bounced my mortgage for another fee. Totaling $178.50
    They refused to stand behind the letter, after some contest the gave me $34.00 back. Just to be clear the money was in my account, then they took it out two days later. held it for 12 days. even thou the bank paid it in two.
    also there were two overdrafts on my account back in august, one was $12.00 the other $80. these were my multiple overdrafts.

1st Convenience BankOverdraft fees

multiple over draft charges... when something is in pending transactions and you don't have enough in your account the overdraft applies to each transaction in your pending even if you have enough to cover the ones in pending that were there before you actually overdrafted...so you get charged for each individual transaction on overdraft even if it is $1.00...and then when they post your transactions to your account you get charged again for the same ones you were already charged for in pending...so you get double charged... and when you call customer service they will tell you that this is legitamit...

1 Response
          sandra barrett Sep 25, 2015

I. worked in banking for 15 years and saw so much that was unfair to customers it made me sick! To make matters worse, as an employee I had to participate in a lot of those awful actions or let's just be real (ligit stealing). I guit banking, left behind seniority and salary to teach school. Now I fell good when I go to work each day! I would rather have a class of 50 juveniles than feel the way I felt in banking. As customers we need to start a class action lawsuit against these practices.😈

1st Convenience Bankclosed account reopened

this bank closed my account and husbands, then took my husbands money to pay for fee over a week ago, then when my direct deposit wasnt cancelled due to corporate rules my company does the direct deposit to the closed account. 1stcb decides to reopen my account to allow the money to come through, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!!
        1 1/2 weeks ago i had four negative charges and they hit me 6 overdraft charges.
        over month ago my husband deposited money so i figured ihave money in the bank i can use this and he deposits more money two days later so i use it then i m charged with 4 overdraft charges.
        what is wrong with this bank I NEED HELP!!
        I GOT SCREEN SHOTS AND BANK STATEMENTS

1 Response
          • Rg
            RGILLWOD Jun 06, 2013

well i did i also called the bank and asked if there were pending charges and what my balance was and they gave me a number and iused closed to that amount

1st Convenience Bankoverdraft charges

My account got charged twice for the same bill, I was paying online. I went to my bank and they said it was the companies fault. One charge was in pending then it was taking out of my account the next morning, but I got charged overdraft charges of 34.00, and then they charged my account another overdraft charge of 105.00. I went to the bank to dispute the charges and they said they could not do anything about it. I had to get in touch with the company that charged my account twice. But according to the company only 1 pymt was taken out of my account so I went back to the bank and by this time I had more account overdraft fees added to my account. In amounts of 2.49 X's 9 days. No one would reimburse me for these charges and the bank said that they could not do anything about it. I will be closing my account and going back to BOA at least they listen to the customer and get to the bottom of a problem with the account. If they won't fix this I hate to see if someone had ID Theft

1st Convenience BankOvercharged

When i noticed my bank cards missing, I contacted my local office and asked them to discontinue my cards. They said they could not because my wife was added to my account, but she was out of town i explained to them and that she could not come in. A few days later when she was back we checked with them and now my account was 500 $ in the hole. I asked them to cancel the cards again and they did, but when i came in a few days later to pay the negative balance is was the almost 1300 $ in the hole. I asked how this could be and they mentioned all these different fees.

I have made several 250 $ payments on this account to find outt i stilkl owe 800$, then to make it worse they took the money out of my savings account, and have been charging me fees on it because it then was under a hundred dollars and now it is in the negatives.

Bottom line is that i do not recommend this bank because of its lack of customer care and hidden fees. And i have been trying to get them to work with me in taking care of this matter, but the more i pay the further in the hole i get.

Thank you for reading this and hopefully it doesn't happen to you!