Resume GeniusThey said one price to the customers and charged for higher price afterwards

R

I paid for the resume to RGO Technologies LLC (Resume Genius). I got the response that I would pay only $2.99 for the resume and I indicated my card details. I downloaded the resume and after 2 days I checked my account. I noticed that instead of $2.99 this company charged me for $35.99. I made a research and found out that they were doing it before and stole a lot of money from other people.

• Re
    ResumeGenius Apr 13, 2016

Hello,

When the customer subscribed to our Trial subscription, He/She accepted our terms of agreement which stated that they would be receiving our subscription services and that the Trial would auto-renew into a Monthly subscription on a specific date. Our services are not a one time purchase, but an ongoing subscription. They had the option to cancel at any time during the 14 day trial period to prevent the auto-renewal and in order to avoid future charges.

The cancellation process is very simple: Log in > My Account >> Plan Information >>> Cancel

This will confirm that the account was successfully canceled. The customer will continue to have access to all of the features of our website until the next month at which time the access will be limited to the features of our Lite Account or Free Account.

To download a digital copy of the resume for free they have the option to choose the TEXT format which will not require them to make any payments. However, all other services require a payment as stated above and according to our Terms of Use.

No additional charges will be levied against their credit card as long as the account remains canceled. Should they reactivate the account, the credit card will be charged accordingly.

When the customer purchased the account we provided instructions on how to cancel, along with the specific date and time at which the billing cycle would take place. We informed that it needed to be canceled on a timely manner.

We recognize that the account is now cancelled, however, the cancellation came after the billing cycle had already occurred. The information regarding our Subscription Service is NOT in fine print and can be located in our Terms of Use, Plan Comparison, Sales Receipt, Plan Information and Alerts.

I am sorry to inform this, but as per our Terms of Use, the customer is responsible for the charges incurred. However, I highly recommend using the services that he/she is now entitled to under their current subscription.

Please let us know if you require any additional type of documentation to serve as evidence of the charges and our Terms of Use. We have a complete record of our correspondence in addition to time-stamped copies of when the customer agreed to our terms of service by registering in our website.

Sincerely,

Juan A.
    Senior Manager
    RGO Technologies LLC

Comments
    Comments

• Ke
    kege Jul 05, 2016

I totally support this complainant. RGO Technologies is scandalous and does not treat their customers well. They feed you lines of crap, like what you just read in their response, and then they keep your money like crooks. Maybe if they were transparent in their dealings they would be more successful. Shame on you. And shame on the PEOPLE that run this company. You are dirt.

Sandra Vandenberg Mar 18, 2019

Good Afternoon
    Lately I had the horrible experience with your customer service dept. I have used your company and was under the stipulation it was for 1 month. I recently saw that you have been taking out 39.95 for 11 months and I did not agree to this. I tried talking to your customer service, which all they wanted to do is fight with me and talk over me. I was transferred to one of your supervisor named John and I was ready to run myself off the road after talking to him. Again no help and no resolution. I then talked to a Tim which he infact yelled at me and told me no one is going to call you back and you are out of luck. WOW... I can not believe that these individuals actually draw a pay check from you. I would like for someone to email me or call me for 400.00 is too much to let it go. I see I am not the only one that has encountered your customer service tyrants. I am so upset that today I tried again to talk to someone and they told me you are not going to get anything back . I can be reached at or my email is [email protected] If I do not hear from you I will file with the BBB

Sandra Vandenberg