Restoration Hardwaremisleading info on delivery

Prompted by sale, I ordered 10 dining chairs + 2 armchairs. Advised by the salesperson that if I chose one of the stock fabric colors, I could have my chairs in 2 weeks. With 2 big events coming up in 4 weeks, this was great! I received an order confirmation indicating the chairs would ship out beginning of October. When I called, I was given the ship date of Oct. 5 and that my next call would be from the delivery company arranging delivery. Next email announced shipping would commence December 12, almost 8 weeks after I placed my order. I had shipped my old dining room chairs out to make room for the new. I will be renting chairs for my 2 events as well as Thanksgiving!