ReservationCounter.comscam

N Review updated:

When I called 800-992-2694, I believed I was dealing with Comfort Inns reservation center to make a hotel reservation. I asked for the government rate of $70, but was told the rate was $89. When I checked in at Comfort Inn, I was told the reservation was through

Expedia, I said no, I made the reservation thru Comfort Inn. Now I was charged with a $14.30, plus room rate of $89.95. Total $104.25. If I had called Comfort Inn in Dodge City, KS directly, I would have been charged for one night only $82.00 which includes taxes.

• Be
    Bernie Bro Mar 03, 2021

hi. could not agree more with the posts. I have contacted the office of Attorney General for the states of Utah and Nevada. You would never know it from your booking receipts, but they say they are on Maple Loop Drive, in Lehi, Utah. They have had 140 complaints to BBB within the past 12 months--yes, despite Covid restrictions, what does that tell you? This is why they are not accredited. The problem is no one is going to book with them on purpose. This is how their best scam works. Say you Bing or Google Silver Legacy Hotel Reservations, Reno, Nevada. UP comes them FIRST, with most of your words boldened. The entire page they have for your link looks exactly like the hotel, including the address, pictures, and policies of the hotel. No where do you see their address. only a very small name in one corner. In this context, you naturally think that Reservation Counter is what the Silver Legacy must call their reservation desk department. Well, I called the hotel, they did not have my reservation in their computer! so, I tried to cancel, by their own rules, minus a non-refundable charge, but 3-10 business days later, after the cancelation confirmation email, not a penny. You cannot reach them from their website. If you have a lot of patience, you may eventually reach someone to talk to you, who told me, that I was 5 hours too late. 2 days before, meant 2 days before the beginning of 2 days before. So, I cancelled at 5 am. Thursday morning for a 3 pm. check in Saturday. The hotel itself would be completely fine with that. ALL honest hotels would be okay with that. To this date, Reservation Counter has not refunded a penny of my $336. So, I go on here, I go to BBB, I go to Yelp, I even emailed the Attorney Generals for the states of Utah and Nevada. and I disputed with my credit card company of course. Of course, if they are really in Honduras...

• Mi
    Mindy Estes Aug 25, 2020

Please reframe from using this company!!! I wished I had seen this sight!!! My husband and I traveled
    down to the Fresno area and instead of driving home 6 hours away we decided to stay at a Comfort inn.
    Talked to a man that had a very heavy accent and was hard to understand!!! We did communicate to him
    we wanted to stay one night at which time he said he was having computer problem and that he would
    have to call back . Since my husband had n appointment he gave the guy my number to finish the reserve-
    tion. He called back about twenty minutes later and I had such a hard time understanding I just assumed
    he had all the info correct cause he had just talked to my husband!!!Don't ever assume!!! We got no
    email that he said he would send so we didn't know where we were going so I called the number that was
    on my cell phone and got a women that was hard to understand and the back ground noise was so bad I
    could barley hear her so I asked to cancel and she told me there were no refunds!!! so we went to the
    Days Inn, stayed the night and left the next morning! couple of days later I saw they charged me for two
    nights which cost me 349, 00. I call them they told me it could take up to 48 hours but I got an e-mail about
    an hour later rejecting my claim so I don't think they listen to all the tapes. So I'm hoping my credit card
    can and will resolve this!!! They should not be in business!!!

• Be
    Benjamin Doverman Aug 14, 2019

Rip off!!! I typed in "hampton inn" and got what appeared to be their web site but failed to notice "reservationcounter.com" was attached at the end.

This resulted in my paying $244.43 for a $163.00 hampton inn room. my bad!!

Buyer be aware - reservation counter is a scam and takes your money with not chance of refund or action!!! a screw job!!!

• Al
    allie sloan8 May 16, 2019

Hello I work front desk at a hotel in Branson Mo and tonight was the first time we had to deal or try to deal with this compoany and it turns out they are a very big scam artist we had an elderly lady show up thinking she had paid for a reservation and it turns out she did not at least not thru that company we were able to get her a room and upon calling the company they have never heard of our hotel or branson mo so beware they are stealing money and not making your reservations

• Ne
    NeroAngelo Apr 14, 2019

Unfortunately nobody knows who these guys are until they're scammed by them, so our reviews will go unheeded for the most part. You can't research something you don't know. You can't even tell you're using a third party until it's too late because they've gotten so good at disguising themselves as the hotels they claim to represent. It's a damn shame but there's nothing we can do. Yet. But they can't hide forever and they can't get away forever. Technology is far more advanced now and finding people isn't as hard as it used to be back when the 'Nigerian Prince' scam began. One day they're going to cross the wrong person or people who have more money and power and access to the right resources to go after them. All the cow worshiping in the world won't save them then (they're located in India, in case that statement confused anyone). Their time will come as will their punishment...in the form of a hefty fine and hopefully some jail time so they can think about what they've done. Then when they're dead they can go burn in Hell with all the money they've stolen.

RodneyN Mar 27, 2019

reservationcounter.com is a scam . I searched for Hyatt Place Dallas and got the reservationcounter.com website. They make it appear as if they are the official Hyatt website. Don't be fooled. I discovered their tactics after my card was billed by the hotel. I was suckered with a 50% markup. I understand agents need to get paid, but wow. Luckily the Hyatt Place Dallas management refunded me for the second billing.

• Ha
    Hard roller Nov 10, 2018

The federal government need to step in on this serious matter, because I too thought I was booking directly with the resort and some how another I was not something that I have a difficult time understanding.It is very frustrating to say the least. People who engage in this kind of practice need to be executed no due process take them out and place them in front of a firing squad and let them have it because they are worst than crimminals who rob people in person, they are a bunch of cowards who rob unsuspecting people of there hard earned money over the phone or over the internet.

• Rc
    rcarrillo64 Jun 24, 2018

Booked a hotel in Pigeon Forge Tn. on 6/23/18 told them 3 times check in 6/23/18 check out 6/24/18 gave me name and address of hotel and confirmation # got to hotel and did not have my name for reservations, called back Reservation Counter.com and was told that check in date was for 6/24/18 check out was 6/25/18, but hotel we was at did not have us for that date either then they tried to make another reservation for me at $70.00 more told them I wanted the $100.00 a night they promised me so they gave me a $150.00 a night offer again no deal, then the dummy tried to give me a $170.00 offer, NO!!! just cancel my order, OK let me transfer you to a customer rep. to cancel you, 2 mins. later got hung up on, called them back another dummy employee they told me reservation was for check in date 6/25/18 check out 6/26/18 at a totality different hotel then the dummy tried to make reservations for that night at $150.00 a night, NO!!! CANCEL PLEASE!!! FINALLY They cancelled my card and sent me cancellation email. Had my name as Rose, where do you get Rose from Robert...lol

• Rc
    rcarrillo64 Jun 24, 2018

• Kr
    Kris Venkat May 29, 2018

This on line booking site is scam site. They gave a reservation nearly $ 100.00 above the motel charges to its customers at Days Inn at Arlington, Texas. The motel is really much below the standard they advertised. This agency is a CHEAT to the paying public. Booking Reservation # R1080178636.

Jay Walk May 10, 2018

Yes, this place is a scam. they told me their cancellation policy was based on the hotel's cancellation policy. this was clearly not the case. tried to call their service rep (and got nowhere). to make a long story short, do not use this company!

• Ta
    Tampabayallstar Apr 30, 2018

Be careful people. Reservation counter is just one of many companies that successfully camouflage itself into looking like the authentic websites. I was never taken by this, but my gf was...Almost. She told me about an Embassy Suites rate that included a 48 dollar fee. I straightened her out. To be fair this might have been another scam type company, but it is all the same. First way, to tell if it is not a counterfeit company, is to realize that the authentic sites have rewards links . If they are not a chain it is a little tougher. Look for a local phone number on the website or that the name of the website does not have added things like /reservations or .reservations etc. A pain in the butt, I know but you will get used to it.

• Da
    danielle_k83 Mar 12, 2018

Same thing happened to me. They made me believe I was making reservations directly with Marriott.
    When I kept saying I wanted to use my Marriott rewards they said just tell them at check-in. I never used the rewards before so I was like OK. When I complained to customer service they said they listened to the recording and I was told they could no honor my Marriott rewards! BS they listened to the tape.

• Ke
    kenns Feb 04, 2018

Total fraud. Misrepresent themselves. Add unauthorized charges to your credit card for taxes and service fee then an on line booking fee. No help from Hilton as it appears they get too much business from this scam company.

Mark Pearl Jan 12, 2018

This company is deceitful and liars. When I started with them to book a room they found a room at the Doubletree and offered be an $88 per night (44% off) and then put me on hold to confirm my address. Of course when she came back she said that rate was no longer available as someone else took that room. I was livid and asked to speak to a supervisor. I did and then the nightmare started. After a long and exhaustive search she found me a room at a nice resort for $133 per night all inclusive of taxes ans other standard charges, and said they would waive the $13 per night booking fee. Of course when i called my bank ( I used a debit card) they had withdrawn $408.12. When I got in the hotel i called several times to discuss and they said they would look into this and with an hour they emailed me back both times and said because i accepted the confirmation it was not their fault. Well I had no choice, when they sent the confirmation as i was expecting a confirmation for what I discussed. They also told me they would listen to our original phone conversation as they were all taped. That' s another one of their lies. I am looking into whatever governmental office would oversee this practice as since they are booking across state lines, it's a Federal matter.

• To
    Top Hat Jul 05, 2017

I googled the hotel reservation number for Hampton Inn and a number came up. I called it and it just didn't sound right.
    I asked them to look up my Hilton Rewards number so I could reserve under my number. The man (foreign sounding) said he would take the number down and would take care of it. I gave him my number. He then needed all my info, I mean all. I told him he should have it all by my rewards number. He needed to verify... I then asked if this was actually Hilton Inn reservations (as I was growing suspicious now...) and not some third party by accident. He assured me I was actually speaking with Hampton Inn reservation. The conversation continued with my info and I again asked a second time if it was actually Hampton Inn Reservations and not a 3rd party. Again he lied to me!!!
    I lost my night's points, the benefits of being a rewards member, not to mention that I paid $20.00 more. I wish I could sue them...
    They spoofed Hampton Inn reservations on google, they lied to me and over charged. If they do not have your info by giving them a member number, hang up immediately, you are being scammed.

• Pi
    Pippa15 Apr 18, 2017

I just received my credit card statement today and saw that I too as deceived by ReservationCOunter.com for a Hotel Booking Fee of $12.99.

I'm pleased to report that it only took one phone call to them tone told that the charge will be refunded to me.

I just received an email from them stating that the refund process has begun, so I'll be checking with MasterCard within the next few days.

• Pi
    Pippa15 Apr 18, 2017

I received my credit card bill today and discovered that I too was deceived by ReservationCounter.com when I made a reservation last month for a Marriott. I am very happy to report that it only took one telephone call to the company and they agreed to process a refund. I received an email from them indicating that the refund process has begun so hopefully I will see a credit to my MasterCard within the next few days.

• Li
    Lili Wallace Apr 10, 2017

I wish I read this before booking, but mine was Exactly related to comfort inn situation...they are giving me the run around to issue a credit and I know I hit the cancel buttom, but cant find the cancellation notification...I'm not even sure if I received one. now they are saying they have to contact priceline to get a refund. anyone experience hitting cancel reservation but never got it?

• Ph
    __Phil__ Mar 22, 2017

Our experience was even worse. My wife thought she was speaking directly to Marriot. We made our reservation, then when we looked at the confirmation email we realized they booked the hotel on the wrong side of town. They told us our reservation couldn't be cancelled. Then we found out they charged us about $40 more than if we had booked directly through the hotel. Finally, when we arrived at the hotel we were informed that the credit card that Reservation Counter used to pay for our room had been declined, so we ended up getting charged for the room by the hotel as well! We're trying to get a refund through Reservation Counter right now, but from their reputation I expect that I will have to call my CC company to dispute the charges. AVOID THIS COMPANY!!!

• Li
    Lili Wallace Apr 10, 2017

@__Phil__ ugh...I was targeted too...I am confident I hit cancel reservation but there is no record...wonder if anyone else experience this?

• Co
    colleenjohn91 Feb 02, 2017

Its pathetic. I got scammed too! Their advertisement appeared in what looked like the hotel reservations page. I was booking a room last minute to make a trip to see a sick relative. Two to three days before travel. On my way to airport we received a text that our flight was canceled due to weather. I immediately called the hotel to cancel our room - for that night. It was already 8:30 PM and we told them we were arriving late (around 11 PM). Disgusting, they said if I sent them a message showing that my flight was canceled due to weather I may be able to get my first night's reservation refunded. I called back as requested. I was put on hold for more than 40 mins. Then someone picked up and immediately hung up. I also forwarded an email - the gentleman on the phone was very nice -- but said he couldn't make any promises. I did forward him the cancellation message. They still ended up charging me the full cost for two nights. To add insult to injury they charged me $12.99 three times for a booking fee (refunded two) when trying to process my payment. They charged me $160.55/night. Turns out the hotel only charges $129. I even called when I booked to confirm it was the hotel itself. Years ago, I got burnt like this once before - since then I always called. They even claimed they were the actual hotel?

• Wa
    Warewolf56 Oct 22, 2016

Most of these reviews are right on the money. this place Mis represents itself as the actual Hotel I think the actual hotels need to reign this fraudulent place in because I am not going to use these hotels ever again because they were uncooperative with me in resolving the situation. Not going to name the hotel but it is one of the major ones you always see along the highway

• Ge
    genieologist Aug 19, 2016

I googled Hampton Inn, Radcliff, KY and this phone number came up. I assumed the whole time that I was talking with Hampton. At no time did this company disclose that they were a 3rd party. Now I need to cancel this reservation (which is for 8 days from now) and find out this reservation is non-refundable. An honorable company usually has a cancellation policy of 24-48 hours before the reservation. Today, my brother, who lives in Radcliff gave me the phone number of the local Hampton and when I called them, I found out that I had booked through this 3rd party. This company is a scam. When asked to speak to a supervisor, I was constantly put on hold, then a person would get on and say that the supervisor would be with me in 1-2 minutes, then again, told me a few more minutes. THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM and not honorable. They represent themselves as the motel you believe you are calling and it isn't until you try to cancel that you realize you booked through a 3rd party scammer. They told me it is non-refundable because they have the best prices...not true. My sister booked directly through the motel on the same day, same type room for $35 cheaper. The supervisor lied, lied and lied to me. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY EVER!!!

• Tr
    Tracy111111 Jun 20, 2016

This company is shady. They hide their information inside Hilton Hotels websites and accept reservations suing deception and making the customer think they are dealing with the actual hotel. When a reservation needs to be cancelled and the hotel is called, a refund isn't given as they require a phone call to them. They are difficult to deal with and WILL NOT give any money back. They are scams artists and need to be dealt with. Creeps!

• Ah
    Ahbood Jun 10, 2016

I just like all the above was fooled by Reservationcounter.com. I thought I was booking a room with Harrah's Laughlin but instead was on reservationcounter. But my story is a little different. I booked the hotel room on June 9th 2016 at 3:19 PM this is two hours late and I received a call from my employer that I am not going to go work in Laughlin. I called to cancel the reservation and the man on the other end tells me that I cannot cancel because I am past the cancellation deadline. I asked when the deadline was and he says June 7th 2016. I asked how it is that I made the reservation one hour ago and I needed to cancel two days ago? Of course he would not listen, I spoke to the manager and he agreed that there is a mistake. After being on hold for 30 minutes, the man gets on and says we can cancel the reservation but we will have to charge for one night. I explain to him how is this possible? again he had no explanation because he was used to the fraud of this company. Needless to say, I gave the reservation to my sister and hope she has a great weekend with her kids.

This was the response from them..
    Dear Abboud,
    Thank you for your patience within your case. Sir, unfortunately due to the cancellation policy you agreed to at the time of booking through our site, the hotel has not agreed to cancel the reservation without penalty. These cancellation policies are provided to us from the hotel, often times are expired if booked close by the check in date. I'm sorry for the confusion. Reservation Counter is recognized by the biggest brands in travel and successfully books more than 10, 000 room nights every day. If there is any other issue i do not know about, please let me know by replying to this email. Thank you for your time.

This is my response..
    Just like the other employees I talked to, you did not read about my case. I booked the hotel on JUNE 9, 2016 at 3:109 pm.. When I received the confirmation for the booking. It stated that I had until JUNE 7th 2016 to cancel.. How is it that I booked the hotel on June 9th and had until JUNE 7th to cancel. This is two days before I even booked the hotel..

Now they reply..

I understand your case, I read all about your case Abboud, unfortunately we can not modify the hotel's cancellation policies. I know when you booked, and i understand the cancellation policy was expired at the time of booking, which is why our team has contacted the hotel multiple times to request a cancellation without penalty for our mutual customer, unfortunately they did not agree to or authorize us to do so.

Then I ask,
    I don't understand how a person can book a hotel one day and have two days prior to cancel? Sir, I am not just a little kid behind the key board. I am curious how this can happen that if I book on the 9th and I have to cancel by the 7th. It does not make any sense at all.

Of course NO reply from them.

• Ah
    Ahbood Jun 09, 2016

• Se
    Selina Jackson Mar 29, 2016

This horrible company robbed me of 268.39 I am going to the FBI. This webpage will eventually be down and millions of facebook travelers will be warned.

• Ve
    verysadcustomer72 Jan 02, 2016

They just tricked me into using them over Christmas. They pretended to be the Days Inn reservation site. They charged me early for the room so that I could not buy last minute Christmas gifts. They booked me a smoking, room and I only found out that the reservation was made through Expedia when she said that the Expedia credit card did not work!!! This is how I found out that they had already charged me early. This should be illegal. They are pretending to be national company reservation sites and are going to give many national hotel chains a very bad name. I will never ever use Expedia because of this and will only ever call the local hotel number for reservations. What a horrible scam!

Rogue123 Dec 31, 2015

Follow up, I did receive an email saying that the reservation had been cancelled and a full refund would follow. I will wait to see if indeed the credit card shows this, but at least, with some prodding, this company did do the right thing.

Rogue123 Dec 30, 2015

Same story as all the above. I was making a reservation at La Quinta after clicking a link that said Laquinta.com, forgetting that their website is www.lq.com. I haven't even made plane reservations yet, so when I saw the "Nonrefundable" note, then looked and realized I wasn't on the LaQuinta website but something else, I wasn't happy. I called immediately and did get a pleasant woman who, after some time, was able to 'set up' the cancellation, that I will be contacted by an 'escalation' agent in the next 24-48 business hours and the refund should be back on the credit card within 2 weeks. Needless to say, I feel very taken advantage of and am hoping that my money is indeed refunded. Grrrrr. As I told her, if I use hotels.com, I"ve gone to their website and know that is where I am. The fact that this site commandeers your search from what appears to be the hotel website and takes you to theirs is very underhanded in my opinion. I'll wait to see if i hear from them; if not, I'll contact VISA and see what they can do. Can't believe they can do this, but I guess we need to really check the web address bar constantly when making reservations!

• We
    websharp58 Dec 28, 2015

I made hotel reservations thinking I was making them with the hotel directly. Our plans changed and I tried to cancel the reservation. I started with the hotel before the cutoff time and that's when I found out that we actually went through Reservation Counter. When I called to cancel the reservation, it was 15 minutes past the cutoff time. Reservation Counter (RC) said they would need to get manager approval to refund our money. However, there wasn't a manager on duty on Saturday and we had to wait until Monday. At that time, I knew we were getting ripped off. I called RC today and they lied to me. They said they talked to the hotel manager and she refused to refund our money. When I talked to the hotel, they said that RC hung up on them. We were not able to talk to the manager of the hotel and RC refused to refund anything. We have since filed a dispute for the charge with our credit card company and should receive a refund.

From now on, I'm calling the hotel directly to make reservations. These third-party reservation systems stink and are nothing but a ripoff.

• Pe
    Pee Bab Sep 29, 2015

Similar story for me. I thought I was working with Marriott reservations. I gave them all of my information, credit card, mailing address, email, the works. I became suspicious after I asked why they didn't just take my rewards number because that has my Marriott profile, they said their desk doesn't take rewards numbers. I know some company's operate with divisions isolated from each others information, so I continued despite my suspicions. After the call, I looked more closely at the web page and realized it was Reservation Counter, not Marriott Reservations. So I quickly dialed them back and cancelled. Fortunately it was only 13 minutes. You must listen closely because the woman who I spoke with had a heavy accent and spoke quickly. As I discovered, the cancellation window was only 2 hours. But I was able to get an email confirming the cancellation. They did charge my credit card but gave a refund in 5 days. Whew! close call, lesson learned. Be careful on the Net!

Annie Q Sep 19, 2015

It is impossible to believe how difficult it is to get a refund when the hotel clearly stated they would give me a refund but I had to go back through our booking agent I have been working with them since July 16 and here it is September 15, and I still have not received one penny and I keep getting the runaround. I'm 70 years old. I don't have time to be screwing around on the phone.

• Sc
    Screwed by Reservation Counter Aug 28, 2015

Absolutely a scam company. I booked a reservation at the Hilton Gardens Inn and printed my receipt and it said Motel 6 Airport. **WTF.** I called Reservation Counter to confirm my Hilton Reservation and she confirmed I was correct. I said I printed my receipt and it said Motel 6 Airport. She said ooooohhhh, uuummmm, it does look like your reservation you booked is at Motel 6 Airport.. **WTF.** If I had not printed my receipt I would have shown up at Hilton thinking all is fine. I have copies of the screen shot from the initial reservation with nothing about Motel 6. I am going to report them and contact my lawyer

• Al
    Alnasi Jul 22, 2015

My own story is so familiar that I basically just plagiarized another post from this board, and adjusted the details.
    I Google searched for Marriott Courtyard in Stockton, CA. Then linked from the search results to what appeared to be a marriott.com reservation page. After making the reservation then needing to cancel it found out that it was made through Expedia! When I finally got through to Expedia they said it had been made through reservationcounter.com and they couldn't cancel it. I called Marriott, who said they couldn't cancel the reservation and
    suggested I call the hotel directly. When I called the Marriott Courtyard in Stockton, CA they said they couldn't cancel it since it had been billed. When I tried to call [protected] for ReservationCounter (for the 4th time to try to cancel) I could never get through to a person. Then I went to the website. When I entered my reservation information the response was "We are sorry. Our service is temporary unavailable". I have opened a dispute with my bank, and have high hopes that there will be no actual loss, but I would strongly recommend triple checking that you're speaking to the right place.

• Lo
    Louise Fox Jun 15, 2015

I too have had a similar experience with these people at the Gaylord Opryland Resort. I called the hotel to confirm my reservation and was told that the room I had booked was not with the hotel and that it was not a suite but just two double beds so I cancelled the reservation. I have a cancellation number and email confirming my cancellation but was billed for the room. When I called the hotel they said it was a booking through Expedia (which it was not) so I called ReservationCounter.com customer service. They told me that I had to deal with the hotel directly. Still haven't been able to resolve this.

Anonymous123123123 May 26, 2015

Absolutley, reservationscounter.com is a SCAM. Does anyone know how to get their address so that I can sue them. They are doing business in California without being registered with the State of California. I am reporting them to the District Attorney's office.

• Jf
    jfjfjf Apr 16, 2015

I just experienced the very same issue. They misrepresented themselves and tacked on a $45 fee to each room. I'm taking this to the State Attorney General and pursuing legal action. They are very deceptive. I encourage other victims to do the same!

• Tr
    TRockford Apr 02, 2015

Total scam. I thought I was calling Marriott asked if they wanted my marriott number. "no thanks, you can show us when you get here." Ended up reserving 2 rooms instead of one. I called to cancel one and they ended up confirming the two instead. Luckily I noticed and cancelled both. It took an hour but I have it in writing now. I called the Marriott directly after that. They said it will take ten days to show the $600 credit on my credit card. BS if you ask me. We will see.

• Ca
    candacealysia Feb 19, 2015

I love how the reviews you find for this hotel booking website are all either 5 star and sound like the same person wrote them or are 1 star from real people telling their true, unfortunate experiences. I booked a room through this website un-intentionally. I thought I was on the actual hotel website (my error, I had a lapse in brain function). I never received a confirmation email and started to worry. When I tried to look my itinerary # up on reservationcounter.com, it said that there was "no record" of that reservation. I tried to call, and after 30 minutes on hold, their phone hung up on me. I called the ACTUAL local hotel - they've NEVER heard of the website and had no reservation record. Funny however that they had no problem charging my credit card. What a joke. I am now struggling with my bank to try and resolve this