Menu
Repwest Insurance Company company logo
reviews & complaints

reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

39 complaints
19 resolved 20 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by Repwest Insurance Company customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Repwest Insurance Company. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
J
1:40 pm

Repwest Insurance Company - Failure to Pay for Vehicle Damages

On October15, 2020, I was involved in a three (3) vehicle accident, while stopped for a red light. My car was rear-ended by a commercial van, as a result of a U-Haul truck hitting the van, thus propelling it in to me. While there was no injuries, N.J. State Police investigated the scene and took statements. i provided a copy of the Police report to the RepWest Claims Adjuster, Mike Smith ([email protected]; 833.228.0632 x 543138). Unfortunately, Mr. Smith has advised me that there is a holdup with payment to my claim, because the vehicle who hit me has failed to provide all necessary paperwork to RepWest for their claim. SO, after nearly nine (9) months, i have not been able to receive compensation for repairs to my vehicle. I feel that I'm getting the "run around" form RepWest and this adjuster and I'd like this matter resolved. The U-Haul driver was insured by RepWest Insurance and is responsible for this claim.

Desired outcome: Repair of my vehicle

T
9:28 pm

Repwest Insurance Company - Insurance claim

Hello my name is Twila Holland and l used repwest for my insurance with uhaul storage company. Come to find out every time the weather permitted rain, it would seep into some of my storage bins. By the time I noticed, the water was stagnant and smelled rancid. I alerted uhaul and they told me to just take a few pics and to name whats in the bin. I asked did l have to go in it and she said no jist stand over it then leave the items for uhaul to verify and discard. I followed the directions and repwest said they wanted me to dig in the stagnant water and show them all the items. Uhaul has already discarded the items and now neither company says they are able to helpe in my situation. I dont understand why uhaul cant vouch for the items.

Desired outcome: If im not going to get my claim amout then id like my money back I paid all these months leading up to this claim date. Or am l suppose to take the loss on both ends?

Repwest Insurance Company has left an official reply on this complaint.

Repwest Insurance Company - To stop payment at this time.

My name is Rose Hammonds phone number 412 773 1593 I am requesting for all damage and to stop storage payment,

my storage unit it is infested with Rats I have been with the storage company i believe for 15 if or more years and never had to deal with this before, I was up at the storage last month and nothing was in there, there eating threw the bags and boxes I have fabric in there they are eating the fabric.
everything in storage is boxes, daycare items, fabric, and furniture bags,

There was new gown in a bag which was tied up they ate thru the bag eating the fabric and lace, I can't do anything to move my stuff out because of the rats, I went to the storage on Wednesday because have try calling no answer and went to the office on Wednesday April 21, 2021 spoke with a young man and he had stated that his Manager was on vacation. He asked if there was something that he can help with and I said yes told him about my storage said since he have been here he have never had to deal with that before.

But there was another Manager who was over seeing but was not there and they had taken my name and number said that he will give a call when her get back and never had a return call from who was over seeing.
I Went up to the storage to take picture on Sat April 24th and after opening the door the Rats was jumping around and I closed the door back and left I called again and the one Manager is still on Vacation asked about the other Manager and the young man stated that he was busy if you can leave name and number he will give call back today and nothing again.

I went to the storage office today and spoke with another young man I asked for the Corporate office number because I need my payment to stop and trying to find out how to get my belonging out of there but got to see what is all damage the young man stated that he was gone for today and he though that his manager had returned the call said no. He also mention that his manager stated to give me the repwest.com and do a claim which that was wrong for not returning the call.

I asking for the payment to be stop at this time and need to get into the storage to get the thing out that is not damage. please if you can give call back I appreciate

I try to take picture but the Rats was running and jumping around I was afraid I had taken two picture these are all I have right now.

Desired outcome: phone call

5:52 pm

Repwest Insurance Company - Car Accident

I was involved in a car accident Friday April 9th at 9:20 am. I filed a claim that same day. The other driver was in a rented U-Haul truck she blew a stop sign on her cell phone and ran right into my truck. Totally took out the front end of my truck as well as injured me. I filed claim with Rep west the same day as of today 4/13 still haven't been contacted by an adjuster. When I went to the yard 4/12 I was told they made contact that Sat 4/11 via satellite imaging to say Rep West covers the U Haul but not the damage it caused. I called, called and called until finally I got a young lady Jenna Williams who proceeded to tell me the police officer who cited there driver at fault DOESN'T determine fault. I then spoke with her supervisor Kary Jones who informed me that she was right and I shouldn't address her in that tone and go through my insurance very professional and ethical outfit indeed

Desired outcome: Professional people to resolve heck even identify my claim

T
9:36 am

Repwest Insurance Company - Unresolved Claim

I was hit by a uhaul on 2/4/2021 . The person driving the uhaul gave me the insurance info and I contacted rep west. The day I filed the claim the adjuster was very generous over time she stopped responding to my calls and would only send emails. She claims the claim is still being investigated even thought the uhaul driver was clearly at fault and now she is not communicating at all. All I want is my car fixed and this company is clearly unprofessional and unresponsive. I need this issue resolved ASAP!

Desired outcome: To be paid for my damages

Repwest Insurance Company - Uhaul accident

My vehicle was struck by a uhaul. The incident was captured on my security cameras. I forwarded the video to the claims person. The video is very straight forward. I am told it is still under investigation and am unable to reach the person handling my claim. If I don't hear back from someone soon, I will be filing a complaint with the better business bureau as well as contacting an attorney

M
8:12 pm

Repwest Insurance Company - Paying out on claims

I had a hitch installed on 7/8/2020 with UHaul. Filed claim on 7/9/2020. Submitted pictures along with estimates. Have had 3 companies tell me hitch isn't installed properly and they exceeded their installition steps and damaged my vehicle with crocked cuts. Today is 9/8/2020 still not resolved. They tried to tell me to take their Estimate of Record along with a $ 609.43 check to a body shop. The three bids came back at $1, 726.14, $ 1, 331.43 and $ 3, 182.91, I returned the check for $ 609.43. I have emailed with no response 5 times since then. I sent a picture of the check saying "Return to Sender" I want my vehicle repaired.

N
3:12 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I rented a unit at this location for about 8 months and never had any issues until the end. While moving my stuff out from the storage, someone decided to steal an entire stack of my shoes (totaling $1400 for retail value, resale is about 2X the amount). Some were gifts and the others were purchased years ago so they are either no longer available or you...

L
4:29 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 11/14/19 i was at a red light and was hit by a uhaul truck. The Driver got out and apologize and gave me his information. I contacted the uhaul and they told me to contact Repwest Insurance Company. I contacted them and they gave me the person name who was gone to handle my claim by the name of Kelly. I spoke with kelly and she told me to send picture...

C
11:30 pm

Repwest Insurance Company - failure to give accurate information regarding a trailer/hitch for a car!

Do not trust Uhaul company. If something happens to your car because of Uhaul employees failing to inform you on what's best for a safe and damage free move, they will completely deny and avoid you until the claim expires or they close it. I went to Uhaul in Concord, CA a week prior to leaving to see if my car could qualify for anything to assist with my move. I told them I was driving from Pittsburg, CA to Norcross, GA and they said my car would be fine and that they had to order a hitch for my car because there was none on site that would accommodate my car. Then they attached the trailer to my 2015 Nissan Versa. My Father and I barely made it to Kingman, Arizona before my transmission blew out and the car completely shut off exiting the freeway do to the weight of the trailer. It took about 10-15 just to keep cutting it on and off to exit the freeway safely. We were stranded and constantly calling uhaul for help. When we finally got someone to help they made me tow my car separately on my insurance and only came to pick up the trailer. Then they made me pay another fee of $667.30 to get a 15footer with a flatbed attached for my car. When I had just paid $645.15 less than 24hours ago for the hitch and trailer they failed to acknowledge wasn't for my car at all. I filed a claim with Repwest Insurance and was told needed a diagnostic test to prove my transmission was damaged do to their trailer. Gave them all what they asked for and I still got the run around for 10 months and in that time I've gotten my car repossessed for $9286.39 (defiance fee), spent $1311.88 in lyft and $2047.24 in uber rides just to get back and forth to work. Plus having to pay a car note for $466.89 and insurance for $139.19 for 2 months of not being to drive my car before it was taken because it would cut off and make knocking noises if driven. I sent numerous emails and complaints from every which way and been calling non stop, but nothing. They keep denying and avoiding me and now since I don't have the car they are claiming that there is no proof at all that anything was wrong with the car. And now they have closed the case and refuse to respond back. The manager from Concord, CA (James) and the one in Kingman, Arizona were the only two who said Uhaul knows better than to put a hitch and trailer on anything and that James would have told me no and to find another way if he had of been at work that day. He was the only one who owned up to the negligence of Uhaul. NEVER EVER RENT ANYTHING FROM UHAUL. TAKE YOUR CHANCE AND MAKE A TRIP TWICE ACROSS THE COUNTRY OR USE ANOTHER COMPANY. DO NOT RISK YOUR LIFE AND EMOTIONAL, MENTAL AND FINANCIAL STABILITY!

5:54 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Repwest Insurance Company - insurance policy and unprofessional attitude and ignorance of the agent

I have submitted a claim to repwest about water leak in the u-haul truck as results damaging an expensive sound equipment. When I returned the truck to final destination I brought the water leak issue to the agent's attention but he refused to listen and suggested I make a claim to repwest. So I did it. Repwest agent acted unprofessionally, ignoring my calls, delaying responses via e-mail in the acceptable time frame. Finally, I got lucky after many attempts to speak with the agent, she informed me that they won't cover the damage of my property caused by water leaks in the u-haul rental truck and I have to deal with it by myself, suggesting to contact initial rental office. And this is after I purchased savemove insurance at the first place which indicated cargo protection - coverage for your possessions. Insurance agent stated that there is no water leaks reported by the office of destination which refused to listen to my complaint. Alarming enough, that I brought water leak issue to attention of the agent of u-haul office of destination but agent refused to listen to my complaint. Is this kind of scheme?

K
1:03 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Do not waste your money on this insurance. Total rip off. I was advised to pick up this insurance to cover my storage units at Safe Harbor boat and RV storage. One of my units was burglarized and a golf cart was stolen. The storage facility assured me everything would be ok with me having insurance on the unit. They were wrong. My claim was denied with them...

L
7:16 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Started claim around June. They sent someone out the yired and they did not go through storage just looked at the door and said a mattress was ruined and a rug and gave me a check for one mattress when clearly I had a whole storage full of water damaged items from a storm roof leak I have insurance on. so Rep West Dave Corbitt and his supervisor said they...

4:24 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Rep west insurance is a joke. They act like they care, sound fake, as soon as they get the claim, they say they're working on it and without looking They deny it. They think people that deal with Uhaul are stupid, worst insurance ever.BUYERS BEEARE. Do not buy RepWest insurance from Uhaul . In July 2018, I had a long distance move with three unboxes. It...

5:01 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

ON October 14, 2015 I submitted a claim to Repwest Insurance company as I was told to do by the manager at Uhaul storage. The insurance company had removed furniture, beds etc. from our unit without our permission. They contacted us after they had done it asking us to meet them at Uhaul to discuss our claim.. When we arrived they were gone and the manager...

D
2:47 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Summary of occurance: On Saturday, 28 March 2015, at 2:20pm EST, a Uhaul Rental Truck #TT4138D, Arizona License Plate #AE-16685, operated by Ronald W. Lajeunesse of 338 Runyon Avenue, Middlesex, NJ, on the property of Eastern PA Self Storage Facilities, located at 3813 Hecktown Road, Easton, PA. While driving the Uhaul truck, Mr. Lajeunesse turned onto the...

M
3:42 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I submitted a claim on 5 / 27 / 11 and they have not tried to resolve the claim, i had stored 10 set of mattresses at uhaul at whitehall store on the room 1330 and the roof had a leak and all the mattresses got wet and damaged and there is a meg willauer supposely working on the claim but is not returning my phone calls i spoke with the manager dave horn...

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Similar to another complaint on this site ... i was hit by a U-haul truck ... Renter paid for insurance, was deeply sorry (sh*t happens)... The driver admitedly was 100% at fault . He backed into my car, not used to the large profile of the truck he was controlling . So now i have a car i just bought with body damage to the back left door ... ok down to the...

10:22 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My car was hit by a UHaul truck early October and there still hasn't been any progress on my claim. Every time I call Republic Western Insurance Company(Insurane company which handles claims on behalf of Uhaul) I get the run around so basically they dont wan't to do the right thing and professionally handle my claim. Matthew Newman was very unprofessional...

Repwest Insurance Company contacts