Renewal by Andersen / charged 20% penalty after cancelling window order one day late.

United States Review updated:

On 4/1/19 a sales rep. sold me a Bay window after a 3 hr. presentation. I made a snap decision for which I will not regret forever. I had two other window companies look at my window and they recommended no replacement. I tried to cancel my order after 4 days instead of three and they held me to the contract. They even stated they had not yet factory ordered it but I had to pay. They offered me gutters as I had to pay anyway so I accepted them. I did not need or want them but at least I got something for my money. They punished me so to speak. I had signed to get their financing thru GreenSky and $ was advanced to Anderson. The supervisor, Scott Basiuk refused to have the $ returned to GreenSky so that I could use my credit card and get the points. I asked three times. I am 70 years old and have never been boldly told I could not use my card. Horrible management at this company. Immature management. No people skills. Very unfair in their dealings. My contract # is 17863.

Ch
May 14, 2019

Comments

• Te
      May 14, 2019

You signed a contract, presumably you knew what the terms were. One day late is still late. If you wanted to cancel your order and not be charged, you should have done so within the stated time frame.

•   May 14, 2019

You broke the terms of the contract. They didn’t do anything wrong.

•   May 18, 2019

Where was this presentation? You allowed yourself to sit through a three hour presentation and then ordered a window replacement you did not need or really want. And this is their fault???

My parents are in their seventies and they have never fallen for crap like this. You were in your prime back when it was the skeptical decade, aka the 80's, so what happened here?? How on Earth did you survive that time?

•   May 18, 2019

@Um is not an answer! My mom is eighty-four and gets spam or scam calls. She never calls back as she knows they’ll get her number. If a salesperson visits, they usually leave with a list of questions to research. And she always gets a few prices to compare and calls former clients. She’ll run the contract through me and others to get their reaction. References count, too.

My father never handled that stuff. Mom is smart and gets good deals.

She read this when visiting me yesterday. Her response equals the ones here: why sign, why arrange payment so quickly, why take gutters you don’t need. She asked how they survived all these years.

•   May 20, 2019