Doors Plus Holdings Logo

Doors Plus Holdings

Having problems with Doors Plus Holdings?

Doors Plus Holdings reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 8, 2008. The latest review Staining not consistent on doors and door tread was posted on Mar 24, 2021. The latest complaint Late installation was resolved on Apr 13, 2014. Doors Plus Holdings has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 16 reviews. Doors Plus Holdings has resolved 3 complaints.

Doors Plus Holdings Customer Service Contacts

37 Sterling Road
Minchinbury, New South Wales
Australia - 2770

Doors Plus Holdings Complaints & Reviews

Doors Plus HoldingsStaining not consistent on doors and door tread

Had a new door stained and installed last week. The door looks fabulous and we are really happy with it, however the door tread is a different colour and not consistent with the door itself. The stain looks like it has been put on with an old rag. Have contacted the Manager at Macregor, Qld a couple of times, but he is not interest in helping us. I would like someone to at least look at my photos, or come and check it out, or at least tell me what stain was used so I can fix it myself, It looks dull and ugly. The installer also put sealant around the bottom without cleaning it first so now it looks like it is mildewed. Really???? The installer did a fantastic job removing the old door and not damaging our house, but just this little thing makes it look awful. I pride myself in keeping a clean house, and being the first thing anyone sees when arriving, is not nice.

Doors Plus HoldingsWarranty work that affected paint and refusing to repaint doors

I ordered 10 internal doors and 1 x external door. The fitter came to fit them and worked until 8pm at night. The doors did not fit properly and all needed adjustment. We called the guy, who had worked for the company for only 2 months and he came back and did some adjustments. The doors were still not right, so I called Doors Plus and they sent somebody else out to inspect the doors and issues. The tradie who turned up said that all doors needed to be readjusted and it was a big job. He would need to submit a quote to Doors Plus to have them fixed.
    On my first call to raise the issue, I explained the doors had been painted, by a painter, they recommended, and that I was concerned any adjustments that may be needed was going to affect the paint. I was reassured they would try to make adjustments where this didn't occur but if it did, they would repaint the doors.
    The chippy turned up and did a fantastic job, but had to plane a couple of the doors and this took the paint off the edge. One of these is in a wet area and now the raw wood is exposed to damp air due to shower etc. I contacted Doors Plus and was told that it was in the quote that the chippy who turned up to fix them was suppossed to paint as well. The chippy had advised us he was not a painter and wouldn't be painter but to contact DoorsPlus. So after I contacted, Doors Plus contacted the Chippy and I was told he would be coming out on Tuesday 2/3 to paint doors as quote unquote "it was in his quote to paint doors". I receive a call from somebody else at DoorsPlus who advises I purchases raw doors and they would not be sending somebody to paint them. I explained to this person that we had doors painted by one of their recommended painters and that I was reassured the whole time that if the paint was affected they would be repainted. The conversation became heated and after I said I would write bad reviews on the company, the person on the phone told me that they would not honour any further warranty work for the doors purchased. When I told him this was illegal, he said he didn't care and then hung up on me. There are only 2 doors that need painting any only the edge of the door, it would seem appropriate for business that they just get them painted and this would never have happened

Doors Plus HoldingsAluminium Sliding Doors

Order number DPWU57526

I ordered a screen door and 2x sliding doors for existing door cavity in my house from Doors Plus 14 November 2020.

Doors Plus sent out 2 different people to measure, one for the screen door and another for the sliding doors.

The aluminium screen door was measured correctly, installed 7th January 2021 and fitted perfectly. The installer told me it was a standard size door and not difficult to install.

My issue is with the sliding doors; they do not fit.

Installer Henry arrived Saturday 23rd January at 9am to install the sliding door. he removed existing slider but but some 8 hrs later was still wrestling with fitting the door and said "they don't fit the cavity size" "they are the wrong size". Several times during the course of the day Henry called another installer for help. Henry already having removed my door and busted up the frame whilst doing so meant my existing door slider couldn't be put back in. So by 5.30pm the sliding door laid down on the deck meant I had a large hole in my house. I couldn't have my old door put back in because it was damaged upon removal and I also couldn't have a massive hole in the side of my house so at my insistence at 5.30pm some 8.5 hrs since the ordeal began, a second installer Billy came to help "fix the problem".

Eventually and by using unconventional approaches the sliding door was installed but at the expense of leaving a large gap between the height of door and the existing brickwork lintel plus because of allowance issues only 1 side reveal could be installed leaving the door needing to be fixed to the structural wood of my walls! They left at around 7.30pm that evening. I had to get Henry back the next day because the door wouldn't latch or lock. I also had to fill the large gap above the door with some insulation I had lying around to block up the gapping hole. The end result of the door is terrible and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone including myself.

I contacted Doors Plus head office in Sydney by email 25th January with attached photos complaining about the doors and received a phone call from Ritchelle 27th January to say they would send out another installer to reinstall the door and told me that he would be use architraves around the gapping areas to make it look ok. I stuffed insulation between the lintel and door height to block up the massive hole. Your staff are offering band aid solutions for a product they measured, took money for, for a service they failed to provide with due care and skill.

Ritchelle at head office said she would only escalate the issue to customer service after the chief installer deemed the door didn't fit. That would mean sending 3 installers out to make good a wrong fitting door. When I tried to convey my concern to the chief installer he said he wouldn't be coming out to only inspect and discuss the problem because he lived in Tullamarine and wouldn't be driving all that way for nothing, he would be coming out to reinstall the door. Suddenly not only do I have an ill fitting door but I'm being brought to bear the fact he lives in Tullamarine and must bear responsibility for that too.

None of this makes sense. The door is the wrong size and band aid solutions is what I'm told they are willing to do and I am to accept.

Doors Plus website clearly states that as a customer I am "entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any reasonably foreseeable loss or damage.

I consider a door frame surrounded by gaping holes a major failure so I am asking for a refund because I have now lost complete faith in the companies ability to provide services with due care and skill. To date I have paid $2746 for 2x sliding doors one of which has been installed missing its sliding fly wire mesh. The second sliding door is with Doors Plus still packaged.

I've been charged $5, 596 in total and paid up front to date $2746
      What I want to happen is to be released from the contract amount of $5596 for a full refund of monies already paid and monies paid for damage to my property.

I've become carer for my 90 yr old mother who suffered a heart attack last year, she has had to deal with this disasterous situation and the additional stress to our household is palpable.

Sincerely
      Simone Clifford

• Le
          Leppy Mar 02, 2021

Simone

Has anybody responded to your complaint as yet? I want to put in a complaint but I cannot see that anybody has responded. I am finding it very hard to find how to complain to a higher person etc, that is not the store you actually dealt with

• Si
          Simone Clifford Mar 02, 2021

@Leppy I have been unable to rouse a response from anyone but the store I dealt with. Have had no contact from this complaints board- only yourself! Terrible organisation to deal with. Let me know if you have any luck with your issue. Regards,
          Simone

Doors Plus HoldingsInstallation

Doors plus installed front door moved my security door out to accommodate for the new front door now the security door does not lock they refuse to fix as they say not there problem so I have not paid remaining invoice until I have another company to come out and fix the security door then send the bill to them, they are now trying to charge me for them to use a recovery company, they will not and refuse to listen about the problem

Dec 07, 2020

Doors Plus Holdings — Entry door

Seems to be ‘Doors Plus Lots of Fuss' My $1000 new door was scheduled to be fitted on the 16/6, I paid...

Mitcham

Doors Plus Holdingsmy order number is (dpfu46349)

On the 20th of june I ordered two external doors. On25/7/2020 was told one door damaged and they were getting a door from another store. Fair enough we got locked down for covid. On the 30/10/2020 I rang them said the door was being sent would be there early the next week. I heard from them on the 6/11/2020said the door was on board and would be there early the next week they said they would ring me on the 11/11/2020 or 12/11/2020 no phone call so I rang them today 13/11/2020 they said the door was put on board last night to be delivered. Sorry I lost my cool after getting but one phone call from them and having to call them all the time. I have asked for my deposit to be returned as I keep getting no satisfaction from them sorry should have said the store is footscray in victoria. I would just like to know when if ever I might get my doors yours sincerly gloria reynolds

Nov 12, 2019

Doors Plus Holdings — misleading information

17th August quote 24th of August deposit 27th of November proposed installation On the 24th of August went...

St Marys
            Feb 18, 2019

Doors Plus Holdings — no customer service or communication, still waiting on product

I walked into the Geelong showroom over 3 months ago, chose what I wanted, was told guy would come out to...

Jan 16, 2019

Doors Plus Holdings — my front door to my unit in drummoyne

I have and paid for 5 doors to be installed in my Unit. The front door in particular was not completed or...

Sydney

Doors Plus Minchinburyiv10ba9 noise reduction semi solid wood internal door

Bought a iv10ba9 noise reduction semi solid wood internal door to replace our $40 internal standard bedroom door. Guaranteed to reduce sound. Did not reduce it one iota. Have the original door and have had it tested against this $400+ door.

They seemed so convincing when they sold us the door but now do not want to know - have put the phone down on us several times - refused to put us through to manager and will not respond to even our complaints by email. We are taking the matter further now but buyers beware

Doors Plus Holdings — Bad service who take your money & don't deliver your goods

Doors plus at campbellfield victoria - bad bad service. They take your money and do not deliver your door...

Campbellfield

Doors Plus — Security door (DPGU35057) useless, very poor customer service

Receive fast friendly service???? Is it a joke? Charlie is the worst person I ever spoken on the phone. He...

Doors Plus — Late installation

I place a order on January 2014 with door plus mitcham store Victoria, now is already April, the door I...

Melbourne

Doors Plus — Incompetence and intimdation

I placed a large whole-house order back in July 2011. Since then, there have been seven months of mistake...

Doors Plus — No service

We purchased a number of glass panels doors with their "Paint and Peel" film so we could paint directly over...

Doors Plus — Lack of communication/extra charges

A door was ordered 30/9/08 for delivery and fitting 9/10/08, as we had appointments it was ordered as 1st job...