REEBOK/SHOESdefective shoes having manufacturing defect

Defective shoes having manufacturing defect
I paid Rs 2159/- for the shoes when a 40% discount sale was on on 17th July, 2009.

I was happy with the product but to my surprise, after 40-45 days of use, the sole of the shoe started to come off. I approached the retailer but he told that we will neither repair the shoe nor replace it as 'NO EXCHANGE ON DISCOUNTED ITEMS' is mentioned on the invoice(please see attached invoice).

They told me that as per the directions from the company i.e. REEBOK, they don't repair/exchange products sold under discount sales which I cannot digest(because I don't think that big brands like REEBOK announce discount sales to get rid off defected items in stock). I asked the salesman to give it in writing to which he never agreed.The salesmen behaved rudely and told me to get the shoe repaired from a roadside cobbler. His behavior was in no way better than the quality of the REEBOK shoe that I had bought from the outlet.

But the pair of shoes bought by me has a manufacturing defect and as a customer I never expect that an authorized REEBOK outlet should sell defective products. Moreover, such bizarre terms and conditions are never told to the customer and he comes to know about them only after paying the money and taking the invoice. Even after having sent a mail to customer.[protected]@reebok.com, I have not received any reply from them till now. I hope the concerned authorities will intervene in this matter provide a solution to me as early as possible.

defective shoes having manufacturing defect

• Rk
    rkmaurya Sep 18, 2009

I am pleased to inform the readers that today I received a call from the retailer who requested me to visit the outlet to exchange the defective pair of shoes. I have got them exchanged and hope that the new pair will not pose any problems at all. My confidence on REEBOK has become firm. Thanks a lot.

• Rk
    rkmaurya Sep 18, 2009

Complaint was solved on 18th September, 2009. Thanks a lot to the REEBOK company and the retailer.