Red Roof Innovercharged and will not refund!

L

Stay away from Red Roof Inn. Particularly the one in Williamsburg, Virginia.

We went for a vacation and checked out a day early. The bill was $247 and charged to a credit card for that amount. When I received the credit card bill, the amount billed by Red Roof Inn was $308.

The corporate office refused to correct the charge saying it was the business of the franchise owner in Williamsburg. The Williamsburg Red Roof Inn refused to return phone calls. It's now in dispute with the credit card company.

Clearly a bunch of crooks. And the room had a cockroach problem as well. Stay away.

• Ji
    jill engdahl Jul 24, 2019

Our room was disgusting..dirty...stained sheets and bedding...tv quit...dirty bathroom and tub...manager gave us 10.00 off after I showed him pics but still thinking about the nastiness...

• Th
    The One And Only Jul 20, 2019

This is the worse hotel I've ever been too. There are prostitutes out here. The people that work here are out at 7:00 a.m making a lot of noise and it's not even close to check out time trying to clean rooms. The rooms are extremely nasty. In my room the faucet is running.

• Sh
    ShayNewhart Jun 29, 2019

The lady at night is completely rude. They do not try to accommodate you whatsoever could not get me an extra pillow since I had my oldest son come stay. Could not give us the towels we needed and housekeeping didnt even clean the rooms. Completely unprofessional and should have paid for a better place

• Ce
    Cecc Jun 02, 2019

Had a reservation for Red Roof Inn Plus Smyrna, Ga.
    Traveled from out of town and arrived at hotel two hours early . This property wanted to charge $45 to check in early. I think this is ridiculous. You could look at the hotel and tell they had rooms

• Yx
    Y X Oct 22, 2018

I give a good tip. For three dollars I just got new towels. The staff didn't even make my bed. Quite awful.

• Mi
    Miguelbj Oct 02, 2018

We have reported prostitution, unsurprised kids in pool and jacuzzi. Alcohol and illegal drug use . Poor sewage. Bed bugs. Thievery/extorotion from management (General managers Jackie, Lydia & Lisa)
    No security putting guests and staff in harms way. Gangs and tagging . Mold

• El
    Elizabeth Wiseman Oct 02, 2018

Hi there. I have stayed at many red roofs and all seem to have cleanliness issues. One I went to, there was a dirty sponge in the still dirty bathtub upon checking in. We never got the extra pillows we asked for. At a stay in a different city, we specified we wanted a jetted tub. We were put in three different rooms and none of the jets worked.

• Je
    Jennsmith Sep 20, 2018

When I asked a maid for new sheets she said what the [censored] do u want now. The matenience man parks over the line and the front desk and security were rude threatened me and told me to leave. I m not African American but all of them are and I feel like they were treating me bad because I am not the same race.

• Su
    Sugarplum1978 Sep 19, 2018

This place is horrible. It's filled with hookers and drugs. It's dirty and disgusting. The manager does drugs and has a warrant for her arrest. This place should be shut down. Or find different management.

lidia mera Sep 19, 2018

Had reservation but didn’t have room ready
    Given non smoking room that stunk like mildew and cigarettes
    Lock on door was broken and couldn’t be locked
    Bathroom was not clean
    Coffee and breakfast weren’t ready until 6:35am 35 minutes late
    No one at desk at 5:45 manager sleeping in office until we woke him up at 6:10am

Teressa Blalock Sep 19, 2018

I stayed at the Williamsburg location for less than 2 hours. I checked in, the sheets were sticky, bathroom tub was rusty but I figured I'd deal with it for the night. However, I grabbed their rough wash rash and took a shower then my skin began to itch. I checked out and was not offered a refund. It was a disappointing stay and waste of $112!

• He
    Hedia Hedioucha Sep 10, 2018

Laptop (McBook Pro) and Camera (Canon t3i with a Tamron Lens 18-400mm) stolen from our room 228 in the Red roof Plus at Saugus, Massachusetts's.
    A new key was given to someone (not us) showed on the log in report, while we didn't ask for a new one.
    We will file a complaint with the police department.

• Fa
    Favor Grace Aug 20, 2018

Booked a room at Red Roof INN on Shelby Oaks. he room was very dirty and the smell was unbearable. This hotel needs a new manager or shutdown.

Red Roof Inn Memphis East
    6055 Shelby Oaks Drive
    Memphis, TN 38134

• Vj
    V jorg Aug 16, 2018

There is complains about bed bugs at the red roof facility on Wilkes Barre, pictures plus police report were made of our findings

• Co
    Cornelius Calvin Aug 15, 2018

During my visit to your hotel I received bed bugs, and fleas all over my things and body.
    I notified customer with they told me there are no refund policy. And they didn't even seem concerned or help, or switch my room.

• Ro
    Roachone210 Aug 15, 2018

I am a former employee there at red roof plus and iam sure rob during work hours he is under the influence of drugs and is unprofessional walks around with head houskeeper in rooms together long periods of time he needs to be investigated thats not professional.

• Ra
    Ray Pruden Aug 15, 2018

This hotel has posted on several site of free WiFi and they don't have it and they won't even fix the problem. To me that false advertisement. I have paid for at least 7-8 nights and I have complain to the office about it and nothing has happen. They say they are going to fix the problem and don't

• Co
    Courtney746 Aug 14, 2018

My fiancé and I stayed at the red roof inn in Monroe, LA and I accidentally left my straightener in my room and called to see if someone turned it into the lost and found and it was nowhere to be found.

• Re
    Red roof Apr 21, 2017

I was employed at a red roof inn in Athens tn. Exit 52 .How this place is still open is beyond me. The roof leaks ever time it rains. There I'd black mold in ever room the owner told us to paint over it.The boiler room is on the second floor straight above the employee laundry room it has a really bad leak that has been leaking straight down on two gas dryers with electric wiring exposed. Every room p-tac units witch is Heat and air are straight wired in with 240 volt wiring exposed if a kid was to touch those wires it would kill them the sewer from the hotel runs straight into one of Athens many creeks.The swimming pool is full of old water and has no cover on it. There is a gate around the pool with no locks on any of the two entrances. The 3ard building on the property is shut down there are 42 rooms in this building with windows busted out water pouring in from the roof also full of black mold with no no trespassing since up or caution signs up with almost ever door unlocked so kids or whoever can just walk in. The power gets shut off to this hotel almost ever month! Their is never any t-paper are trash bags or shampoo in any of the rooms.There is no coffee in the mornings or a continental brekfest. The employees never get paid on time some has to wait atlest a week after payday to collect money they have worked two weeks for! This is a great place for Red Roof inn to put there company name on!

• Do
    Donna Flowers Dean Nov 08, 2016

Red Roof Inn in Shelbyville, Ky we will never stay in again. Credit card was double charged. Manager has not returned and come to find out she is on her way to India. After speaking to guest relations called back to the hotel and Susie said that all their money even out that it was Booking.com who charged us. Called Booking.com they said they don't charge its on the hotels end. Either way Red Roof Inn is a joke and a rip off. Also even with a room occupied they rented our room out to three other different people the same night

• Re
    Reviewer73053 Oct 24, 2015

Was charged double and was informed that this was only authrorization. No written documentation provided till Now I need to dispute charges with the bank.

• Ro
    Robin Collier Apr 21, 2015

I booked 2 nights at the red roof inn at Dundee, Fla. I asked for a smoking room and a room with a tub.
    My room was NOT smoking, and they didnt have any available. My room did have a tub, but the drain stop was missing. My room was ice cold, i went to turn the air up, and the knobs were off the unit, so I couldnt get it to work. I went to call the front desk, then I discovered my room phone didnt work.
    Ended up I could have my room cold or stuffy...nothing in between.
    The only way i would stay with red roof again is if they gave me a voucher for atleast one free night after my last experience.

• Am
    Amy Moore Jul 25, 2014

A woman was shot at the Red Roof Inn in Orange Park Florida. I'd already complained about this location and their busy guest that partake in drug selling a few days ago. The location is not safe, the staff is rude and the guests are loud and dangerous!

terry n Jun 25, 2014

This place is a joke . Not clean or safe.

terry n Jun 25, 2014

this place is a joke . not clean or safe.

terry n Jun 25, 2014

the red roof inn @ 13000 n.cleveland Ave. north fort Myers Florida, I would not let a rat stay there .My husband works out of town and he was to stay at this place tonight 6-25-14.in room #208 lets see carpet was sticky, walls had holes in and paint peeling off, .smelled, bathroom tiles were broken and dirty, bath tub was filthy .sheets were stained blankets had a big stain on it, beds springs were poking out of then light shades were broken.and when they went to talk to the person at the desk.he said"whats wrong with the room???and we have other ones that are up-dated.". then why the hell would you ever give anyone a room like that.on top of the drug dealing that was going on out side the door and in parking lot.this is not a safe place for anyone FAMILY PLEASE DON'T STAY THERE!!! bad bad bad

• Red Roof West Springfield, MA. Worst hotel stay ever! Hated every minute, but no openings at other hotels in area. Filthy, cigarette smelly rooms and lobby! Comforters in rooms seething with unknown old substances. Hotel staff and manager Jim, rude, nasty, condescending . No extra blankets or pillows. Sink and tub filled with hair and ###. Would NEVER stay at a Red Roof again. Recommended by group we were meeting in MA, would always pay the extra $$$$$$ to stay ANYWHERE else! Cost similar to other "motels" but just pay more and stay in a clean HOTEL! Red Roof should be ashamed of the conditions and of the horrible and rude staff and management.

• Br
    Brad1233 Dec 28, 2013

Red roof inn E. Houston st. at San Antonio Texas has the worst customer service...We asked for an extra blanket and pillows and they never provided us with any we even called the front desk twice. They did not care...please do not stay here the hotel staff will not take care off you.

• Mr
    mr.harris Oct 19, 2013

We love Gatlinburg, untill we stayed at the red roof inn. This place is filthy as soon as you walk in the front desk. Our room was disustging, ac air did not work, mold was so bad around shower we didn't even take baths for our kids. It was like a Halloween scare house every time you turned around, nothing worked. Pool was so bleached you couldn't breath, not chlorine. All the other guests and I opened doors so you could breathe. breakfast was embarrassing for my family, host kept telling us how much she hated her job, and food my dog eats better.this has to be a franchise I think because if ceo of red roof inn would fire everybody in house.thanks red roof inn for ruining my childrens vacation.

lifecrimefitness Oct 06, 2012

That hotel is outrageous!
    You should contact your local attorney general, BBB, and go up the chain in company management. Maybe you can get your money back AND help others avoid this horrible place!
    I hope you are healthy and not experiencing any mold-related illnesses.

• Da
    Dave DuPont Oct 06, 2012

We recently stayed at the Red Roof INN in Carlisle PA on 10/4/12 for an overnight. The room was disqusting. I had booked it on line and it was very late when we arrived. To late to find another place. The bathroom toliet had black mold all over it. Inside and out and even on the seat. We couldn't even use it. There were burn holes in the bedspreads and it was a non-smoking room. When I pulled the curtain back in the morning I found that the wall paper over the heater was peeled back hanging off the wall with tons of black mold all over it. If I were a person with allergies I would have been dead. I am in the health care business and I can assure you I have never in my life seen such a disqusting room. We were totally unable to sleep in the beds for fear of what we would find. When we reported it to the owner all he would say is ( I'm sorry you had a bad experience). Really???? All this for 176.00 a night. This place should be checked out by the Board of Health. Its that bad. The attached photos tell it all.

• De
    delisa upset Sep 23, 2012

red roof inn has radical people working at the front i rented a hotel [protected] in muskegon heights the lady at the front desk gave my daghter dirty looks because
    she brung a cake and some bags she call my room and said i see u have a cake and i said yell she said on theres no party i said my son just eating cake and ice cream and having some food and she said yall aint going to tear the room up is u and i said why would i do that she sid cause have a cake i said i stayed at this hotel a lots of time why would i do that. then they have a sign by the pool that say have to be 16 and up my daugter is 18 she go say no she got to be 21 to be in there they need to change there sign the paper say onething and the sign say another she just was on us the whole day cause am black my kids even felt she was race am going to her manger monday i want my refund she ###up my son day he is only 13 years old she felt threating by black ppl i guess we dont suppose to rent room i did cause any problems i have brung plenting of cakes in there total radical discrimation never will after stayed there again no respect but happy to get my money. i wiil see a lawyer

• Ca
    carmelle goss Jul 28, 2012

My name is mrs goss, I don't know how important this might be to the people that are trying to have an establishment that could make millions, but the red roof inn motels are horrible, and it is time that the owners of these facilities get concerned, and start tryin to listen to their customers about the terrible conditions that are going on within the rooms and surroundings. The conditions of the room are horrible, the carpet is disgusting, there needs to be painting done, to freshen the enviroment. You need management to inspect and fix what needs to be fixed on a regular bases. There are many people who can not tolerate filthy conditions. If you continue running this business in this manner, everything will be lost faster than you think. respectifully committed mrs goss

• Wo
    wow dude Jun 29, 2012

I work for RedRoof Inn San antonio Down Town Area
    Even though it is a very clean and newly renovated location I can seriously say the managers are horrible. The managers treat their employees with disrespect they look down at us forgetting that they once to were in our shoes. The General manager curses at us and makes us stay late to finish every single room some times we have so many rooms there is know way to finish on time. Each room ranging from 23min to 30min . most of the workers have to be out by 8pm having to ride several buses. He does not care walk home if you have to oh but he gets to leave at a specific time. He also winks at us women hits are shoulder or pokes us on are arm. Yet the hand book says no dating amongest workers, wouldnt you call what he is doing harrassment.? My manager also made me cry today by believing false info spread by a coworker over a married man wish was not true but since i am a new hire guess who there monitoring with eagle eyes. instead of looking to the person who spread the gossip who is sleeping with the front desk. As well as the assisstant manager who was dating a client. They made my boyfriend and I have problems. Dear GOD pls. give me the strength to hold out for just two more week to find a better place. Like all the other girls

• Do
    Dont stay at RRI Apr 20, 2012

We are having the same type of issue with the Lafayette Indiana location. We were charged for a broken window that we did not break $340. The night clerk says the owner does this all the time. Charging customers for things they did not break. He said the owner Mr. Patel go by the name Brian so he can say the owner is not there. My wife spoke to this Brian and was told he (the owner) would not be back until the following week there is nothing he can do. We wrote to the corporate office and they said the would get back to us in 2 days. Still waiting on the call more than 2 weeks later. What Customer Service?

• Di
    Disgruntled Applicant Mar 12, 2012

Going on two weeks now I have applied at the Red Roof in near where I live. According to their website they are hiring at this particular hotel. One position they have 4 openings for it, another they have 1 opening, and the third position they have 10 openings. My question is, is that if they have so many openings, why aren't they calling people back? I even called to check on the status of my application and the person that answered the phone was very rude and not to informative. She told me she needed to get my name, I gave her my first name and spelled it for her. She went to hang up, but before she did I asked her if she wanted my last name to, she sounded like it was a major bother and a waste of her time to do any of this. Finally she got my name, then she told me she would give it to him. Him who? I was never given a person's name and she never asked me for my phone number. Granted I do not have a common first or last name, but the last I checked you are suppose to get someone's phone number when taking a phone message. How do they stay in business with people that are so rude and with so many openings? With 10 housekeeping positions open wouldn't that say that there isn't anyone cleaning the rooms? I have driven by there and saw one housekeeping cart, so is that saying that one person is cleaning all of those rooms? If so, it is no wonder that there are so many complaints about rooms. I have been a housekeeping supervisor and then promoted to manager in training at a hotel where I use to work. I went into each room and checked to make sure the sheets were clean, the room was clean, and the bathroom was clean. If it wasn't clean the housekeeper had to go back and redo it. I know how to work the front desk and do housekeeping, both take someone that is polite and cares about the customers. In my opinion it sounds like Red Roof in needs to do some personal housekeeping. I think they need to get rid of alot of staff and totally start over, find people that know what they are doing and how to do customer service/excellence.

Linda hankins wilson Mar 09, 2012

We stay stay there 2 days but when we left I left my fess buster that tells win a cop is close by and a carton of cig. and I called back and they would not let me talk to a manger and was not nice at all and said that that the girl that clean the room said the stuff was not there so they called me a lier so I said I hope she injoyes my stuff.

• Na
    Natashia Jones Jan 07, 2012

To whom it may concern:
    Hi my name is Natashia Jones and I have been a Red Roof Redicard member for quite some time now. Well today I decided to utilize my membership and take advantage of an offer that was extended to me via email as a birthday reward. I checked into your establishment located 2307 East Busch Boulevard Tampa, FL 33612 Room#[protected]. I had been out partying and I felt that as a responsible individual I would be safe at your establishment, get some rest and not drink and drive. After resting a few hours at this location I was awakened and I noticed that there had been prior damage to the entrance door so I contacted the front desk and spoke to the clerk that identified himself as Aaron. I explained the prior damage to Aaron and he said that he would send someone to take a look at the door. After 10 minutes of no one showing up I called back to the front desk and asked Aaron was someone still coming to take a look at the door, he then informed me that security was on the way. After the security officer arrived he looked at the door and said that he would clearly document that the damages were of old and had not recent taken place while I was occupying the room. Aaron stated that i had been in the room for a few hours and he was not at liberty to change the room or offer a refund. I advised him that i was okay with that I just wanted the damages to be documented so that when i check out I will not be accused of anything that I had not done. While the security officer was at the room I noticed several individuals hanging around in the parking lot where the vehicles was parked and I asked the security guard is this a common practice at this time of the morning to allow loitering in the parking area and he stated that they were occupants of another room.

Shortly after the security guard left my room looking at the door my room door was knocked by one of the men that were hanging in the parking lot area. As I answered the door the man told me that he was a guest there and ii could party with him because "he had money". I then asked the unknown man to leave from in front of my room. I called back to the front desk and spoke to Aaron and advised him of the incident. At this time Aaron got irate and told me that I was just a guest trying to annoy him and get a refund for my visit. i advised him that was not the case. i needed no refund, but I did expect for me to be safe there. He said that the guest were long term renters I was only here for a short stay and its no problem if they hang out in the parking lot or on the balconies. i advised him that it became a problem once another guest that does not know these people became disturb and I did not appreciate the knock on my door and the conversation that the male engaged. Aaron was very rude to me and told me that I could just pack my bags and leave. At this time I called the Tampa Police Department and spoke to the dispatcher. She said that there was nothing she can do as long as a crime had not been committed. As I was on the phone with the police dispatcher Aaron banged hysterically on the door and opened the door on his own with some electronic device. He then stated that he was evicting me and that I had to leave the premises. At this time I was still on call with the police dispatcher. I asked why and he said that he did not have to explain his self to me and that i was an annoying guest because I harassed him by calling the front desk about my safety concerns. He barricaded himself in the door and was refusing to leave or allow me to shut the door. I was not properly dressed as he entered the room without my permission. I asked him to leave so that I can shut the door and he refused he said that he was having me arrested and trespassed. I advised him that I was on the line with the police he then stated so what when they get here you will have to go. The police dispatcher heard the entire conversation between Aaron and from the time he entered the room until the officers arrived. I did not hang up because I need a witness. Aaron then stated that he was going to write up a report and he promised me that I would never be a guest at your establishments again when he finished with me and he also said that he will see me in court. The police came and I was asked to leave because Aaron wanted me to go even though I had not done anything wrong. Please review the security videos and call log to verify my side of the story. I never once exited the room nor did anyone else until the police came. I left without incident and the police witnessed that there was no damage to the room. The Tampa Police event number is 12-13658 Officer Becker and Officer Arthur were the responding and witnessing officers. I feel that I was unfairly treated as a guest and as I was on the line with the dispatcher racial and demeaning remarks was made to in regards to my nationality. I stayed at the Red Roof Inn because I thought it was a reputable business establishment. Please have someone from your corporate office contact me in reference to the above listed complaint immediately. I can be reached via telephone at [protected]. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Respectfully submitted,
    Natashia E. Jones

• Ni
    nicolate Sep 09, 2011

i stayed at redroof inn, off dunckle road, and maids yelled at my sons, i 3was promised king size room instead 2 small beds fit 5 people, lights flashed on and off, water ran half night, fridge froze our pop, people not friendly .fighting yelling out room everynight,

• Ru
    rusty shackelford Mar 31, 2011

My husband stayed at the Red Roof in Elkhardt In. March of 2011 for 12 days. Made reservations for the king suite but when we got there we changed to a regular room. our credit card was billed for the king suite. we can't get any of the staff to help us resolve the matter. We have made calls, my husbands' office has made calls to the red roof in In. and they are just blowing us off. They will call us back when manager comes in. She is never in obviously. Ha Ha ha they dont ask our name or call back info or anything about dates of the stay, and they are trying to get us off the phone as quick as possible. How can they resolve the matter if they wont ask the problem. The key card had to be exchanged every night when the guys would get back to the motel, that was an inconvenience also. I wasn't sure if the Red Roof was just trying to screw us or if they management staff wasn't intelligent enough to handle a mishap. But after reading some of these other inquiries I Think it's both.