RCNfraudulent billing practices

R

I recently cancelled my rcn service due to some monthly increases without any upgrade in service .I also found there internet service to work only 60% of the time.After a lengthy discussion with rcn customer service(after providing my name address and phone # 4 times and being put on hold for forty minutes I cancelled my acct. and informed rcn I would find another provider)GOOD FOR YOU...Right..WELL..
I contacted Time Warner and signed up for the 99.oo triple play with free showtime for a year included.Had the service installed on a Monday and recieved my first bill on Thursday of the same week.I was shocked to be looking at a bill for 18o.00.I had also been on the phone every night with tech support because I was not recieving my free showtime channels.I called Time Warner customer service and entered my phone # about 4x address 4x and my name.Customer service informed me of all these fees I had supposedly incurred when signing up that were not disclosed to me at the time I signed up.I asked that they remove these rediculus fees and charge me the rate agreed upon 99.00 and they refused.
I then remember hearing a Time warner commercial that stated that if youwere not satisfied with thier service for any reason you are entitled to a 30 day money back gaurantee.
I asked the customer service rep if that was true?She said she had to check with a supervisor and put me on hold for 15 minutes.She got back on the phone asked if I was still there and put me on hold for an additional 1o minutes.She then informed me that yes Time Warner does in fact have a 30 day money back gaurantee.I said I would be taking advantage of that option.
The rep then stated that my buisiness was very important to T Warner and was there anything they could do to retain my buisiness.
Yes you can remove these fraudulent charges and charge me at the rate agreed upon.Ninety nine dollars.
Time Warner declined to live up to there end of the ageement.
Within a few days I returned my equipment to the Time Warner store in the Queens center mall in New York and had all balances reduced to 0.00
I then contacted my old provider RCN cable Queens N.Y. about reconnecting my service at the old price same service with free showtime.I still had'nt returned my modem and Dvr which they refused to pick up.The costumer service rep told me it was a good thing I had'nt returned any of my equipment.Just plug it back in and connect everything as it was and any bills related to that unreturned equipment will be eliminated.
After calling tech support 3x each time having to give my name address more than once, being put on hold for more than 30 minutes i was told they would send a tech to me on the following Monday.
The tech came and reconnected my service.
I did not have free showtime channels.
I did not have all the regular channels I had before.
Three days later I recieved my first bill for 173.77
This is for cable and internet, no phone.My old bills were for 108.00
Two days later I recieved a service suspension notice...claiming I owed a balance of 44.72 so I called customer service.
Automated operator, entered phone#, gave address got connected to a rep again gave phone # and address and mothers maiden name.
I asked about our verbal agreement of the services I had with them previously(2 months ago) at the same price?Rep states there are no notes attached to my account and that I am not entitled to any price breaks as I am considered a reconnect not a new customer.I explained that when i spoke to the rep to reconnect that I was very clear that it would only happen at the old price with the same service.The rep replied THER ARE NO NOTES ATTACHED TO THE ACCT SIR...but let me see what I can do for you..please hold...20 minutes elapse...Sir I can reduce your monthly charge to 108.00 but you first have to pay the 44.73...I replied before I pay the 44.73 which I belive is a fraudulent charge I would like to know what my balance will be after I pay you the 44.73...
She told me she could not give me that information until I make the payment.I than told her I could not in good conscience make that payment unless I first Know what the remaining balance is.Back and forth we went for 10 or 15 minutes until I finally could'nt allow it to continue any further and asked that my acct be cancelled immediatly.
Rcn reply I can't do that sir...what I can do is put a stop account order on your account and it will be shut down within the next 10 buisiness days and you will be reponsible for the charges.
So let me get this straight...I want my account cancelled immediatly so that I will not be charged any further and you will not comply with my request...I hung up...I am getting a converter box.T.V is not a necessity.The frustation in dealing with these rip off artists will shorten peoples lives...ronny d