Rca L32HD31green light on... but no picture

We bought a RCA L32HD31 in October 2008...Yesterday we turned the TV off and later that evening go to turn the TV on nothing happens...Except for a yellow light then it turns green...I am told it is an investor board...I believe that TV's should have more than a year warranty...Is it not sad that TV's that were made with a knob that you have to turn last longer than a brand new TV...I also believe that these companies do timers on purpose to make us the consumers pay even more for them to get richer...