RBS NetherlangaCharge to my account

S

Im not for sure but i think" rbs netherlanga" is "RBS Netherlan GA" and is connected to the royal bank of scottland IE RBS and i believe they might have a branch in atlanta Ga. it is my understanding they are connented to an international fraud case going on and it seems most there victims are with bank of america however they do have other victims from other banks. they are also being linked with "blizzard entertainment" and it is my understanding that the way they are aquiring peoples identity is through merchants who are selling peoples information to third partys such as RBS Netherlan GA.

• Mi
    Miss_Tazz23 Jul 19, 2010

These people also tried to take money off of my debit card. Luckily for me I caught it in time. I have never heard of these people and this is what I got when I googled it. It's a pain in the rear for everyone having dishonest people in the world. We work too hard and long for our money for them to try and steal it!

cha-92 Jul 23, 2010

Just for your information. I had the same charge of $0.00 showing last night from RBS Netherlan GA. I had bought some shoes online from England to the US. The charge appeared right under the charge for the shoes. I called my bank to let them know that I was not aware of RBS Netherlan and if any charges were withdrown from them, that it was not authorized. They told me that they couldn't do anything until the operation was not pending anymore.
    This morning, I woke up and the pending charge was gone. I believe that this was simply related to my purchase online and that it was probably while the shoe company was confirming the purchase and making sure that I was the rightful cardholder.
    So no need to panic. This RBS Netherlan GA is NOT A FRAUD. And you guys should think twice before spreading the idea that something is a fraud. It 's scary to others, spread paranoia and is fallacious way of giving a particular company a bad reputation.

• Sc
    scorpionkiller Jul 23, 2010

for your information i did my research after finding out that my friends identity was stolen and rbs was apart of the scam. i did my research and it was linked to a fraud case and i would appreciate it if you did your research before accusing others of being in the wrong.

• Md
    mdphotog Aug 11, 2010

Also, for your information...I just updated my TomTom GPS and my Visa card was charged $1.00 by RBS the Netherlan. When I called Visa, they told me they have seen this before and it is a FRAUD. They charge the card $1.00 and if it goes thru and gets approved, they go to town and charge away...

• Dr
    drvaz Aug 16, 2010

Is this a Fraud? I just recieved it on my bank debit card. Dont know what to do!

• Ar
    army45 Aug 23, 2010

I just googled this RBS the Netherlan GA because my bank called me and said a bunch of suspicious withdrawls were trying to be made on my account today. They stopped all of them after speaking to me and I informed them I had made no such transactions. THIS IS A FRAUD. If you buy anything off of the Internet beware. I only use Paypal. However, the lady at the bank said they can get spyware on your computer and track card numbers off of keystrokes like that and that they can also use their own software which will keep guessing combinations of numbers, one number at a time, and try to charge it until they are successful. Either way I would say either this RBS the Netherlan GA is frauding ppl, or someone that has an account with them may be frauding people. My 2 cents.

• Rc
    R. C. Sep 30, 2010

I agree completely. I am one that checks my account daily--thank God--and I had bought my daughters Invitations online at a company I never heard of before. I will never do that again. I luckily called the bank the next morning and told them about the weird pending charges (which were 0.00) and told them that I don't even know about this company. I also googled it before I talked with the bank and they switched me to the fraud dept and I filed a claim immediately. They cancelled my card and are reissuing me a new one, so I shredded mine at work today. What a pain that we cannot trust so many things on the web! This is my first issue I've ever had with this type of thing, and I will only use sites that are proven safe to me--i.e. costco, walmart, target, etc... This sucks!

• Sc
    scorpionkiller Oct 02, 2010

jerseyshore >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>if you read my posting it talks about this company. i ensured to do my research prior and my posting is the results to my finding if you have any questions please feel free to post them and i will respond just as quick as i can ok thank you and i hope my posting helped you.

• El
    Elizhaley Nov 09, 2010

Had two charges show up on the debit account today from RBS. They say pending. Will call the bank in the morning. Also one for $1.00 from NY US. Something is going on.

• Gl
    gljarcher Nov 17, 2010

Thanks for the info...Found a 0.00 pending on my checking account. I immediately searched RBS Netherlands and found this comment board.. Your comments probably saved me bundles...I called my bank and they stated it was FRAUD and cancelled my card... Thanks again!!!

• Ka
    KarmenF Nov 18, 2010

Found 0.00 pending on my checking acct - called Citibank right away. Thanks for getting the info out.

• Br
    brendis Nov 19, 2010

I stumbbled acrross a charge on my checking account that I wanst aware of. I bank with Bank of America. I just discovered this charge today at 11pm. I have to call tomorrow morning A.S.A.P.

CHECKCARD RBS THE NETHERLAN GA ON 11/18/2010
    Amount may change - waiting for final amount from merchant

This is scary. I have to mention that I made a purchase online this same day. Vistaprint, buying bussiness cards. An offer they had for 250 cards free, I "only paid shipping" now I know the catch! This was my only transaction online. I normally dont buy things online, since I dont trust the web.
    Got to get wiser.

• Br
    brendis Nov 19, 2010

People...take a look at this website! Its a goverment page regarding this matter.

• Av
    avenger311 Nov 23, 2010

I just saw a charge show on my bank statement for this company (RBS Netherlanga). I also saw a charge of $200.00 from Express.com, a company which I never even knew existed. I immediately cancled my debit card, but the bank says this charge may still go through.

• Da
    danman321 Dec 03, 2010

Found a charge pending on my account today for $0.00 from RBS THE NETHERLAN GA ON 12/2/2010.

The same day I made a payment for something online from a website I never use but it was for a christmas gift. It was from Power Pilates. I usually use paypal where possible. I also had a suspicious charge last month that i let go because I wasnt sure if it was fraud or if I just forgot i spent something at an airport but now I am thinking it was fraud. Thanks to seeing all these comments I am canceling my card just to be sure. Boy this is such a hastle I freaking hate fraud.

• Ra
    Ranch Dec 10, 2010

Mine has been charged several times, its everytime I order from Vista Print it gets charged this. 10 times now!!!

nochristmasformykids Dec 13, 2010

OMG people RBS IS A COMPLETE FRAUD! They acces your account with $0.00 and check your balance by saying they have a charge pending. Then they access your bank checking card and / or credit card and then within 3 days you will have charges from 32.01 TO THE HUNDREDS, From all over the world including GB, MONTREAL QC, STOCKPORT GB, LONDON, and in between each transaction RBS THE NETHERLAN GA. Continues to access your balance for each of these fraud charges!!! We know they got us for an amount that would make your heart sink! So YES RBS THE NETHERLAN GA. IS A FRAUD! BEWARE PEOPLE BEWARE

Johnnygo Dec 14, 2010

Everyone, add me to the list: Today, 12-14-2010 I had a test charge of 0.00 from RBS THE NETHERLAN GA FRAUD!. I had my card deactivated and have to get a temp card at a, you guessed, B of A branch! B of A seems to be the bank that they have penetrated the most!

• Te
    TerryLynn Dec 15, 2010

My debit card account is showing a $0.00 deposit from RBS THE NETHERLA GA ...?!

• La
    lalex Dec 22, 2010

BTW, it was after hours when I noticed the $0.00 charge from RBS THE NETHERLA GA, so I called the Stolen Card division. They were able to look up my account, verify the pending charge, and cancel my card immediately. A bit of a hassle not having my Debit card at Xmas for 5-7 days, but worth it if it prevents future fraudulent charges. The rep also gave me the number of the dispute division in case the $0.00 charge turns into to something else.

• Rp
    R. Piccone Dec 22, 2010

My wife placed an order online with VistaPrint for some holiday greeting cards and I noticed a $0.00 debit transaction from "RBS NETHERLAN GA" on my bank statement that occurred around the same time. I thought this was a little suspicious so I contacted VistaPrint. They said that RBS (Royal Bank of Scotland) are the persons who process their payment transactions for them. So my feeling is that this is a legitimate (although annoying) transaction. And surely there are merchants out there other than VistaPrint who use RBS to process their transactions as well. In the end, I decided it was safe not to cancel my wife's debit card.

• Sh
    shechrissy Dec 29, 2010

R. Piccone ... how's that working out for you?

I ordered something last night from VistaPrint, also, and had this transaction authorization, also this morning "RBS THE NETHERLANGAUS $0.00"

Wondering if it would be a good idea to cancel the check card number and order a replacement, or if it's just a systematic processing thing this specific company uses?

Additionally, does anyone know anything about VistaPrint? I know they send a crapton of spam email if they get a hold of your email address- but are they legitimate or the gateway to massive identity theft?

• Dl
    dlev Dec 30, 2010

Capitol One contacted me this morning with suspicious charges. One was for "WP Anthropics Tech" out of Great Britain and the other was pending from RBS Netherlands GA. We had the account number closed. This thread suggests a link to ordering from specific sites (VistaPrint, for one) but I haven't purchased anything from VistaPrint in more than a year. In my experience, (and this is the third time in 10 years I've had to change cards), the fraud is not always related to a recent transaction. You could make a store or online purchase that leads to this type of fraud months down the road. The best defense (as posted in many of these comments) is to check your transactions regularly, hope your bank or credit card company is vigilant, and avoid ordering by bank card from sites that seem especially problematic, like VistaPrint.

• Do
    Donnalady Jan 09, 2011

I check my bank account every day and today noticed a potential withdrawall from RBS Netherlands, GA. I called the bank and they couldn't identify the company. Transferred over to the fraud department and they said the card had been used this morning while I was on the phone. They said the numbers were keyed in INCLUDING MY PIN. I still don't know if they got any money, I cancelled the card of course and they flagged it, my balance seems ok. The initial "RUN" was to check if it would go through. It says that the final amount would be submitted by the merchant. I'm very disappointed that the bank couldn't give me any more information. Now I have to get a new card tomorrow. Recommendation: Check your bank statements everyday.

• Pa
    paulpine Jan 14, 2011

I have just ordered the "free" 250 business cards from VistaPrint using my debit card to pay the shipping charges. Sure enough not an hour later RBS THE NETHERLAN, GA shows up in the my pending transactions. Thank GOD for Charles Schwab!!! They saw the pending charges starting to come through and called me immediatly, denied the charges to them and cancelled my debit card number. Just wanted to comment on this so that maybe if VistaPrint has some shady dealings going on that people become aware. Its a shame you have to second guess everything and everyone. No harm done this time only the stress of not having my debit card for the next 10 days!

• It
    IthitseveryoneIamaTECHIE Feb 25, 2011

I had receave a package today from Vista Print two bags with my name and phone number on them. I have never bought from vista print ...can you say dead give away. I do have an account with blizzard. So the way i figure it Blizzard sold my info to vista print or that bank and boom I an 60 buck in the hole with vista print. I also had the RBS The Netherlan, GA on my account with my bank. So i had them Shut down myh Card, Issue me a new one and I called all of the charged locations to make sure the charges are to be refunded and the accounts created were shut down. Then just to make sure I am covered, I go to https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp and run a report with all three (Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion) Everything goes through one of the three at all tmes. They are free so dont worry. Now I have my money back, getting a new card they can't use and have a bad taste in my mouth form blizzard. Sigh but it could have been worse. If you thing this is no joke reed the form here and at this site. http://atlanta.fbi.gov/dojpressrel/pressrel09/atl111009.htm

• Ti
    TimonMinnesota Mar 01, 2011

Yes, this is a total fraud. Visa Fraud Protection called me and there have been unauthorized charges attempted on my card, so I closed the account. If they verify a charge with this, they will wipe out your account. Keep an eye on your accounts! Like others, it's a hassle to close your account and wait for a new card, but it beats the alternative.

• Bs
    BSlevin Mar 01, 2011

I just had a transaction appear in my account from RBS The Netherlan GA and it appears to be connected with "WorldPay."
    I made an online charge with a company in the UK, and used my BofA debit card (not paypal) to pay for it. The company processed my charge through WorldPay. The charge ($0) from RBS The Netherlan GA was an "authorization" which is why it shows a zero amount, and it was placed on my account at exactly the same time as the charge from the UK company. My bank still lists the transaction as "processing, " meaning they have not received a final amount from "RBS." As an "authorization" it will just fall off my account in a couple of days if they don't receive a final amount from "RBS." I will keep an eye on it, and if an amount is posted, I'll file a fraud claim. Otherwise, it should just disappear. Hope this info is helpful.

• De
    Derma Mar 18, 2011

Just this morning I noticed a RBS the netherlangaus charge pending on my business credit card, I definately did not do any international purchases with this card I rarely use this card for purchases, so if you have this charge definately call your bank and inform them that this is not a know charge and for extra prtection I would definately request a new card from the bank, you can not be safe enought these days, (even if the charge was for $0.00 ) it just shows that they can and DID already access your account. Dont wait CALL your BANK

• Mr
    mrswalls08 Mar 30, 2011

Yes, a do agree that something is going on because I have had several 0.00 charges on my account and before I could cancel I was hit with 2 charges one for 260.80 and another for 87.64. Is there anyway you could possibly get it back if to file a dispute with your bank.

• So
    sommerlove Mar 31, 2011

Ordered from vista print today for the first time, noticed a hold on my accout from the RBS Netherlan GA. So I called Vista print, they denied knowing anything about this company. I know it pertains to my order because it posted at the same time as my visata print order.
    Decieded to contact the bank, and sure enough they told me it was a fradulant company.I had to immediately cancel my bank card to avoid further charges.
    Why hasn't this been taken care of? Are they just going to let this company or these people keep ripping people off?

• Be
    beachygal Apr 01, 2011

My bank denied my attempt at a legit online CC purchase because 1) it was going to an international company (AUS) and 2) a suspicious $0.00 charge was simultaneously attempted from RBS. When I called the bank they opened a Case File against the pending $0.00 charge from RBS and issued me a new card. Even thought the website I was ordering from was reputable and "secure" (https), fraudulent companies can still tap into the system. Check accounts regularly and don't be misled that the $0.00 charge is "nothing" or that a $1.00 charge is some sort of Service Fee or has to do with the previous purchase.

Madmadi75 Apr 04, 2011

Great.. Just logged on to my account tonight and there is a pending charge of $0.00 waiting for final amount from vendor.. Of course its after midnight and BOA is closed!!!

Madmadi75 Apr 04, 2011

Oh, and I too have purchased from Vista Print in the past.. I wont be ANYMORE!!!

Antoinette Lahmann Apr 14, 2011

Logged on to my account with B of A at 1am and there were 2 processing debts of $ 0.00 waiting for final amount from CHECKCARD RBS THE NETHERLAN GA. Unable to reach B of A at this hour but I'm hopeful that since this has been an ongoing problem for some time they are aware of these creeps. I just happened to have purchased from Vista Print earlier today. Clearly there is some connection.

angelshell79 May 03, 2011

They just got me! I ordered from Vistaprint earlier today and suddenly I have two $0.00 "deposits" from RBS Netherlanga on my card! I cancelled my card and contacted Vistaprint to talk to them about their lack of a secure server and they claimed to know nothing about it nor have ever heard of RBS Netherlanga. I told the CS rep that I knew she would say that because that is what they said to ALL of the others who have complained! She said she would transfer me to the 'fraud division" so they can start an investigation, and then instead of transfering me she hung up. Nice! So apparently Vistaprint is no longer a secure server and should not be used. I guess they will have to take my order manually and wait for my check in the mail, IF I were to ever order from the again, and that is a big IF...maybe they should of taken care of this when the first person contacted them back in 2010! So does anyone know who we report this to? Who do we contact? Does anyone have a investigation going on? I know there was that one from 2009 in GA, but obviously it is still going on and someone needs to do something!

• Pl
    plbinAL May 26, 2011

My debit card had a 0.00 charge today from RBS and a 0.67 pending transaction from O Cielo Inc. I called immediately to dispute. I haven't used VistaPrint, by the way. Visa Fraud Protection called me because a transaction for $259 was attempted at some Spy Store. Luckily it's a day before payday and there wasn't enough money and the charge was declined. I've cancelled my card. EVERYONE needs to check their accounts daily. I'm very careful and I don't have any idea how my card number got out there. Fraud Prevention also said there was an attempt to verify my address. That's pretty upsetting.

• Co
    ConsumerJLAs Jul 01, 2011

I made a purchase from Vista Print on 6/30/2011.. I noticed the same night the RBS Netherland ga... showed a pending of $.0.00.. That's so wrong. I also bank with BofA. I called them late evening and was told charge would fall off.. Today, I have to cancel my card! Such a freakin' bummer..

• Te
    TexasDon Jul 13, 2011

Some of you were lucky and had a bank that helped you, we weren't so lucky and cost us upwards of $1500 at the worst time it could possibly happen. Our bank told us the charge would fall off too, it didn't. And then they kep "upping" the amount. Tickets were bought on Emirates Singapore, very poor internet security. and this information came from Emirates! They admit their internet security is lax. They made everything sound like roses, but in fact had no intention of helping. This happened to us early March 2011 and wound up costing us a ton of money. Yes the bank could have been of more assistance, but so could Emirates. Had to file charges with the local police. they said it was so bad that they filed it with Homeland Security and the FBI. All the while Emirates knew of the fraud, and still to this day has nothing to change a thing.

• Vi
    violetwroy Jul 20, 2011

I just got a charge on my account for 0.00 from this company. They charged my B of A account after I ordered from VistaPrint this morning...?