RBS Bank UAEHarassment of Collections Dept.

I have a 1 payment delay on my loan with RBS bank UAE (ABN AMRO) and the collections dept. people are calling me (MR. Khan [protected] and Mr. malik Azhar Majeed [protected]) and started to tell me indecent words, such sa B***ch, stupid lady, idiot and the F*** word. when I explain why there is delay on my payment, they are telling me to shut UP and they said they don't need my explanation. they don't care if I lost my job, what they care is that I should pay no matter where I get the money from.

is this a prestigious bank treats their customer? they even tell me that I am not a customer but a Defaulter.

I will file a police case and escalate this matter up to their board level as this is not acceptable at all.

• Ya
    Yacht Trans Lines Oct 30, 2015

Kindly note that no payment has been done from your side despite of several reminders through emails, thereby please be informed that you have 24 hrs from today to confirm if you are interested to repay back Emirates NBD or not. If we receive no reply from you, it means that you are refusing to pay, therefore please be informed that the following will be implemented:

1. We will be contacting the GERMANY embassy informing them about your debts.
    2. Your name will be black listed in Central Bank.
    3. Travel ban will be imposed on you in all GCC countries including U.A.E.
    4. Interest and late payment fees will be accumulated and you are liable to pay the total outstanding amount and legal fees incurred by us
    5. Also further legal action will be initiated against you through the INTERPOL.

wHO ARE THESE people?
    So they have legal power?

• Om
    Om Gupta Jun 26, 2015

NBAD is far worse than any other bank when it comes to staff efficiency. people are Arrogant and have no moral or human values.

John 45 Dec 23, 2012

It is best to pay off and return your credit card back to them. Save money and buy. Interest dealing is not allowed in Islam and it is against GOD laws. Who ever deals with interest will sooner or later come in problem.
    IN Pakistan all the banks collection department are so bad that words can not describe they make life Hell. Over seas bank in Pakistan are same there collection department make your children life hell and your parents and wife they don t care or listen to you. They just want money in full. They add late payment fees if you pay on due date they still charge you late payment fees and other penalties and high interest rate. Collection department in Pakistan is worst. They call all day on cell phone and on P.T.C.L all day.

John 45 Dec 10, 2012

All the bank do same thing. Not only R.B.S all the banks. In Pakistan they visit at home and
    and call your wife or husband or any family member and if you pay them they call you
    again to pay more on your credit card and they call on cell phone and on P.T.L also. In Pakistan there is no law to protect you at all. All foreign Banks and local they do same thing

• Co
    COOKIE PAGE Aug 02, 2012

ADCB IS BANK FROM HELL. THEY DO NOT KNOW A THING ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE. THEY DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DO THEIR JOB PROPERLY THEN THEY MAKE OTHER PEOPLE SUFFER FOR IT. AED 2600 HAS BEEN BLOCKED FROM MY ACCOUNT EVEN BEFORE ADCB RECEIVED MY SALARY. I CALLED THE CUSTOMER SERVICE TO INQUIRE WHAT THIS BLOCKED AMOUNT IS FOR. I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT AED 529 IS FOR MY SMART LOAN, AED 700 SOMETHING FOR MY PERSONAL LOAN AND ABOUT AED 1300 IS FOR MY CREDIT CARD. I SAID ALRIGHT, TAKE WHATEVER YOU LIKE AS I AM FASTING AND DIDNT WANT TO STRESS MYSELF. I HAVE REQUESTED THE CUSTOMER SERVICE STAFF TO ENSURE THAT COLLECTIONS FORWARD THE AED 1300 TO MY CREDIT CARD PAYMENT AS I KNOW FROM MY 5 YEARS EXPERIENCE WITH THIS BANK THAT THEIR COLLECTIONS TEAM COMES UP WITH CHARGES IN SNAP AND TAKE MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT AS THEY WANT THOUGH THEY HAVE BLOCKED THE AMOUNT FOR ANOTHER PAYMENT. WHEN MY SALARY GOT CREDITED, THE FIRST TWO LOAN PAYMENTS WERE FOWARDED AS INTENDED. HOWEVER, AS I EXPECTED, AED 1300 WHICH IS MEANT FOR MY CREDIT CARD ACCORDING TO THEIR OWN CUSTOMER SERVICE, HAS BEEN PARTIALLY FORWARDED TO MY SMART LOANS ADVANCE PAYMENT FOR 25TH SEPTEMBER!!! WHILST THE REST OF IT WHICH IS ABOUT AED 800 HAS BEEN KEPT BLOCKED! I CONTACTED THE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND ASKED FOR CLARIFICATION, THEN I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT AED 529 HAS BEEN TAKEN FOR MY SMART LOAN ADVANCE PAYMENT DUE ON SEPTEMBER WHILST THEY KEEP THE AED 800. SO I ASKED THE BANK TO TRANSFER THIS AED 800 FOR MY CREDIT CARD PAYMENT. LATER THAT DAY, I RECEIVED A TEXT MESSAGE CONFIRMING THAT AED 521 HAS BEEN FORWARDED TO MY CREDIT CARD PAYMENT. SO I CALLED AGAIN AND ASKED WHAT HAPPENED WITH THE NEARLY REST OF THE AED 800 AND WHY ONLY AED 521 HAS BEEN FORWARDED TO MY CREIDT CARD PAYMENT. THE CS AGENT SAID AED 300 HAS BEEN KEPT ON HOLD AS ITS NOT ENOUGH TO SETTLE MY AMOUNT DUE OF AED 1300!!! SO I SAID WHY DID YOU FORWARD AED 521 IF YOU WANT THE WHOLE AED 1300 PAYMENT?!! AND WHAT IS THE AED 300 BEING KEPT FOR? EARLY TODAY, I CHECKED MY ACCIOUNT AGAIN AND FOUND AED 1020 IS NEGATIVE IN MY ACCOUNT WHICH MEANS I MUST DEPOSIT THIS AMOUNT TO REGULARIZE MY ACCOUNT. I AGAIN CALLED CS AND ASKED WHAT THE AED-1020 IS FOR, THE CS THEN TOLD ME ITS FOR MY CREDIT CARD PAYMENT OF AED 1300 THAT THEY REQUIRE, SO I SAID YOU REQUIRE AED 1300, THEN YOU FORWARDED AED 521 TO MY CREDIT CARD PAYMENT AND LEFT THE AED 300 BLOCKED, NOW YOU WANT ME TO DEPOSIT AED 1, 020TO COMPLETE THE AED 1300 AMOUNT DUE ON MY CARD? WHAT HAPPENED TO MY AED 521 CREDIT CARD PAYMENT THEN?!
    THE CS AGENT COULD NOT EXPLAIN TO ME AND PROMISED THAT A COLLECTION AGENT SHALL CONTACT ME IN 48 HOURS. BUT FROM MY VERY BAD EXPERIENCE WITH THIS BANK? I AM CERTAIN THE COLLECTIONS AGENT WOULD COME UP WITH SOME' IF YOU CANNOT CONVINCE THEM CONFUSE THEM" TACTICS WHEN THEY CALL ME UP.
    ALLAH CURSE THIS BANK!

jay rao o554316208 Jan 03, 2012

they even track you on facebook and contact your relatives, so quickly block and report strange friend requests.

• Si
    singlemum Aug 23, 2011

all the above complaints are really correct |First Gulf Bank Collection Department are also harassing their customers, my advise is go to Central Bank complain board, they will handle the disciplinary action against those ill mannered collectors.

• Bh
    B_Humane Aug 01, 2011

Guys, RBS was taken by ADCB already. If you are harrassed like me, I encourage you to call ADCB's hotline 8002030 and lodge the complain, or send an email through www.adcb.com I do not have issues with ADCB staff, so far I never encounter any problems with them. But these collectors like Khalid [protected] and Rashid [protected] are ill-mannered collectors of RBS! I have 2 default loan payments and that Khalid is crying at the top of his lungs to get the payment ASAP! He put my HR manager on conference call and humiliate me! He never give me a chance to finish what I am saying..His talent is to yell! Just YELL! I wondered if this guy can still sleep at night due to the trauma he brought to RBS' consumers. May the top mgt of ADCB realize to change their ex RBS collectors or RBS' collection offices. Otherwise, ADCB will end shutting down just like what happened to RBS.

• Na
    NABEEL THAIKKANDY May 19, 2011

YA I HAVE SAME PROBLEM WITH ABN AMRO>RBS>ADCB I HAVE SETTLEMENT PLAN FOR 9 MONTH'S.AND I HAS BEEN PAID ALL THE AMOUNT AS PER THE SETTLEMENT.BUT I GETTING STILL BY E MAIL AND SMS U NEED TO PAY 2000 OR 3000 LIKE THIS.AROUND 50 TIMES I CONTACT WITH COLLECTION DEPARTMENT AND I VISITED TO BRANCH THEY ARE NOT CO PERATING WITH ME TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM.ATLAST I WENT COLLECTION DEPARTMENT AND VISIT ONE OF THE COLLECTION DEPARTMENT SALES GIRL NAMED NAMRATA PANDEY SHE TOLD ME TO AVOID CALLS AND SMS . AND U HAVE ALREADY PAID BALANCE THAT SHE NOTICED.SHE TOLD ME U HAVE ALL PROOF YOUR PAYMENT THEY WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH U LIKE THISSSS I DO KNOW WT I WILL DO...

• Fi
    Fictum May 15, 2011

Good Afternoon everyone

It seems that we all have the same problem with this shameless bank.The big question is why are they still being allowed to opperate?How can we stop this?DOWN WITH RBS!!!

Trust in God Mar 23, 2011

Dont worry my friends, God is not sleeping and he knows how RBS Bank debt collectors threat customers just to extract money from customers, no wonder thier bank closed and ADCB took over. I heard some RBS debt collectors were transfered or fired, maybe because of the Gulf News Article dated 19 Feb 2011. God is working. See how their debt collectors were fired bec of redundancy and finally lost their job, "what goes around comes around". God is the supreme creator, He can change people and can change things. You will see in the coming months how God hand will put an end to this problem.I just hope Central Bank will intervene to protect the people working and living in this country.

• Ri
    Risiuae Feb 28, 2011

Yes I agree. I am customer of RAK Bank. A local bank in UAE. I got delayed in two installments and the bank started harrasing me. This is a true story. First they started calling my parents in the home country and threatened them that I will be taken into custody by CID. The bank personnel inform all my salary data to another number in my home country (which I gave at the time of taking the loan). Whole relatives in my home country got panicked and my poor mother fainted twice and taken to hospital. Not only that they inform all my personnel data to the person which I gave as reference. Then they started on me. Twice they came to my office. Believe me or not they talked to my collegues in the office and asked them to collect money for me otherwise I will be taken to jail. The most unfortunate thing happen when they talked to my 09 year old daugheter and my wife in UAE and threatened them that I will be taken to jail. I had to consult a doctor and treat my wife to treat the after effect. There is no rule. They spoil the personnel life and social life of customers. Once I asked the bank if they are authorized to do so. Sometimes what they do is they promise they will help to restructure the loan facility and pay by borrowing freinds. Once I did that and when I go to the bank office they said they are not aware of such and promise they will check. Never happened. They have brought our familiy into chaos. There is no rule. I am still on the job, and I will finish the loan go out of this hell.

Ms. Mahmud Jan 10, 2011

Thanks DubaiLongtermResident, didn't know about this.

• Du
    DubaiLongtermResident Jan 09, 2011

Don't just blog about it, REPORT IT! Dubai has a Consumer Rights law that protects consumers from unfair business practices. Call [protected] for consumer complaints to Consumer Rights Section at Dubai Economic Department. Call [protected] For customer complaints against banks. Call the Ministry of Economy Consumer Protection Dept: http://www.economy.ae/English/AboutUs/MinistryDepartments/Pages/ConsumerProtectionDepartment.aspx Lodge a complaint on the UAE Central Bank website: http://www.centralbank.ae/en/index.php?option=com_jumi&fileid=21&Itemid=59

Ms. Mahmud Dec 20, 2010

my GOD! same message I get always when I am late, Abdullah on his way to your office, once I thought to ask what would he like to have tea or coffee?
    this is too much... they have default message sending everyone, even I told once yes better Abdullah should come to my office... you know what they are really harassing us like this and making us mental ill, we can sue them for this.

too much, this is too much

• My
    myhapilyf Dec 20, 2010

I strongly agree that people should not be treated this way for that simple reason.. some are perhaps temporarily unable to pay up.. and some are unluckily without jobs at present, and everyone in this forum are with honest intention of paying up.. I'm sure of that. I had the same experience recently.. I missed.. actually not missed.. paid late for 20 days due to unavoidable circumstances and got a call and SMS from these rude RBS (now ADCB) people and was threatened to file a case, to have me banned from traveling.. etc etc.. imagine?? for 20 days? I am currently in Doha, and infact still paying! not because I am afraid but because it was my intention to pay! Sometimes I was thinking that what if I go to my home country and not come back which i can easily do right now and send them SMS that because of your harassment I decided to escape! What would these people and Abdullah will do? As far as I know there is no extradition treaties between our country and UAE.. and I would never ever go to UAE again or any other GCC country for that matter. It is so rude and you will really hate talking with this people.. but better to pay as we are still able rather than being insulted by them.. btw, when I recived that sms telling that he was Abdullah a local officer.. I told him go ahead Mr. Abdullah please.. tell our company to give us our salary on time.

• Za
    ZakiHasan Oct 15, 2010

Hi friends... is there any possibility through this website to form a CONSUMER FORUM (in DUBAI, U.A.E.) about the dirty, non-professional attitude of RBS and RBS Collection Agent? If possible the victims or members of the Forum can go for legal action against the abusive dealing of the collection agents through Media, Lawyer etc. Since no one is going for any legal process they are not getting enough lessons how to deal with client(s) if for any reason a client is defualter. They are taking advantage of people's inadequate opportunity to join together and place complaints against them to legal authority. If a Forum is there we can approach Gulf News, Khaleej Times etc. newspapers to publish there day-to-day mental torture on RBS clients. Bank do charge us AED 179.00 for delay in payment according to policy of bank, but bank do not have the authroity or any sort of right to harass clients that leads to endless mental torture for the victim. They should be penalised once a victim updates his/her account. So we must be united. Once they abuse us we should go to court asking legal action or order to stop payment to them. Is not it possible?

Ms. Mahmud Oct 03, 2010

Congratulations to you and pray for me too please I am just waiting to pay all my debts and get free I have also promised myself will never ever have any credit card in my life, because when they want to sell their cards they really show you all the pink parts never tell you how their "collection department" people behave. anyways my mistake so I am suffering, but in future I will keep these people away from me.

• i had same experience with this [censor] bank... rude to the bone... thanks God, i settled my debt with the bank for 15k dhs last april 2010... it was a gamble to borrow money from my in-laws as they were going for a vacation in the USA. i really gambled in borrowing the money than being harassed for payment that causes you sleepless nights and days...

i'm so glad that i'm out of debt with this bank, all my cards had been canceled and I PROMISE I WILL NOT TAKE ANY CREDIT CARD FROM ANY BANK once i finished paying my loan and other credit cards with other banks.

one year i'm sufficing myself and my husband to buy things by cash, and of course it restricts your shopping spree, but i can live with that if it meant not to be harassed by these collection people...

collection people really are a SUCKER and [censor] THEM ALL TO HELL!!!

payup33 Oct 01, 2010

I understand your views and I have my views. No I do not work for RBS or any other bank for that matter.
    The reason I have vented my frustration on this forum is firstly from what i have read and secondly if affects me as well.
    I tried getting a loan from a bank here. I earn ok money, nothing spectacular but enough to get me by, but the bank refused to give me a loan. I asked why and their reason was for the company i work for. there have been a lot of people who work for the company i work for who either constantly pay late, or just plain run away.
    now if people didnt do this, i would be able to get my loan and more than likely at a much better interest rate.

now why should i care about other people being harassed by the banks if it is directly affecting my life?

everyone is very quick to shout about banks treating them unfairly and maybe rightly so. there is no way that all these cases are as simple as they are portrayed here.

Ms. Mahmud Oct 01, 2010

totally agree with Dubayy2010, thanks for understanding

actually they can't catch those people who are already ran away so they have started harassing people like us who really want to pay and paying but few days delay just because of bad financial situation.

this is very common in Dubai now a days. and not only RBS all banks are practicing the same.

Once I asked that guy who called me that "why you are talking too harshly with me, mind your tone please this is the way you talk to your customer?" you know what he replied...
    he said I am not in customer service I am in collection department, can you imagine what there mentality is... too too bad.

• Du
    Dubayy2010 Sep 30, 2010

payup1.
    Either you must be working with RBS Bank and you cannot take these accusations or else you seriously need to grow up and open you eyes.

Bank is a business- AGREED! A bank never gives a loan for free, when a customer is making a late payment he/she is paying an extra charge which is again more profitable for the bank. The bank has verified your potential and then given you a credit limit on your card.

There is no question of honesty here. The people in this thread have the potential and so they have been given a credit card.

Dishonest are those people who just took the loans and fled with them and not those who have the intention to pay but have been doing late payment.

Another thing, please learn to respect others and their problems.

Have a great day!

• De
    Deepz Sep 26, 2010

Yes People I am the Recent Victim of the same situation...I had Credit card from Abn-Ambro Bank which I used and closed in year 2005.
    Now the Bank is taken over by RBS and they are calling my parents who are 70 and 75 years old ...they have emerged after 5 years and are claiming the interest for Rs 1000 which was left and there are claiming the amount of Rs 20000 as part of Interest. I am married and left the country and repeatedly informing still they call my old parents and give all this kind of [censor]. I have asked them to file an FIR in the Local Police station since they are senior citizens and staying alone ..Just imagine same harrassment my poor parents are facing when I have already married and moved to in-laws house .

Payup2 Sep 22, 2010

Dear Ms.Mahmud.
    So you are condoning skipping payments? What would you do if you lent a friend some money and they don't pay you back. would you just say forget about it, its the recession and it doesn't matter? No of course you wouldn't. The same principle applies here.

Just because we are going through a recession does not mean you can do what you please.
    And please don't assume I am not a victim of this recession, everyone is. I just have my priorities in order and pay back what I owe.

Suggest you all stop whining and complaining about the big nasty banks. Also, would recommend not taking any more credit cards/loans in the future because it looks like you all will be complaining for the rest of time...

Ms. Mahmud Sep 19, 2010

Dear payup1, You are not understanding what we are telling... at least I told very clearly that I am not delaying any payment more than a month but stil they are harassing me unfortunately I can't show you those messages I am receiving from them (RBS), for example we are in Sep and I have to pay Aug bill and even I said very clearly that its happening only for last few months, before I never delayed any payment.

It seems you are not a victim of this recession that's why you are talking like this, instead you better Thank to God that you are in a better condition so you can tell us 'awful customers' Remember! bad time can come to anyone without telling so better instead of taking those Banks side think about yourself, you can be a 'awful customer' my be one day :)

payup1 Sep 19, 2010

I know for a fact no bank will send debt collectors over one missed payment. you have to be a seriously bad customer for them to do that. missing 6 payments in a row starts the process. So, I can conculde every single one of you is an aweful customer and you don't deserve the rright to have access to a loan.
    The reason interest rates are so high is because of people like you. People who are dishonest and dont pay back the money they owe. We would all enjoy cheaper loans if you all paid back in time. Just think about that.
    Do you all think its your right to borrow money and not pay it back? A Bank is a business, it is in the business of lending money. Why should they let you not pay back when you signed and agreed to pay it back in a set amount of time?

Ms. Mahmud Sep 17, 2010

Yes! I do agree, RBS UAE is really harassing us like anything; I have 3 Cards from RBS and one loan, even in this recession not a single check of my loan payment has been bounced, I always manage payment and deposit in my account before due date, yes I delay credit cards bills but not more than a month, before recession I was always on time I never delayed my cards payments, but for last 9/10 months since my salary is got reduced and I am not even getting it on time my cards payments are getting delay but not more than a month or 20/25 days, but these people really behave very badly I feel I will have a nervous breakdown because of them, and to harass us they make us talk to some local Arabs or send message that Mr. Abdullah is on his way to meet your employer and take the all outstanding amount. This is really very immoral attitude. I don’t know who can help us to get rid of these harassments of everyday, I have full intentions to pay all their dues but it cannot be happen in one day time I am paying them but with a little bit delay, but they are not cooperative at all, I feel I will end up in a mental hospital.
    Is there any solution of this, can anybody help?

• Mo

DONT TAKE CREDIT CARD ESPECIALLY RBS

ITS MY REQUEST TO ALL FOR THEIR FUTURE

• Na
    natasha1234 Aug 24, 2010

I have had major problem with FGB. The are definely the worst in the UAE. I had taken a loan of 50, 000 five years back . With their calculation the amount for five years was 77, 000 dhs. I have paid 79, 000 dhs and because there have been regular late payment they have put interest upon interest and now ask me to pay 25, 000 in excess. Can anyone guide me how to go about paying this. Only interest on loan as late payment is 25, 000. No other bank can beat this record. I cried and pleaded but they did not listen. The staff are the rudest in the uae. Even if you calculate 48 months x 200 (late payment fees) it still does not work to 25, 000. Whom can i approach. If anyone knows how to go about this please guide.

• Ab
    abnenemy Aug 24, 2010

This is how God is giving in return to this bank, who is not less than a mafia company, and all debt collectors are gangsters. First ABN amro became RBS, then RBS became ADCB and i pray by my heart that inshallah before the end of the year this bank will be totally closed.inshallah all people prayers are there as those who suffered by them

• Mh
    Mharjem Aug 22, 2010

I also encounter same treatment regarding RBS collection department, they even degrade my own people that we are loan defaulters, and when it comes to swiping the card we are so happy but not paying in time, I have told him that I have been a good client of your Bank for the last 5 years and my late payment just occurred recently becoz of my financial problem, and in spite of late payment I’m still paying & you are charging your interest, but this is TRUE they are so mean and they will never leave you in peace one employee of him even fight with our accountant and his so un ethical.

• Pr
    Pradeepp Aug 21, 2010

Recently, I have a strange experience from this so called RBS bank. In last February, to end the frequent nuisance from the RBS representative, I have taken a credit card from them. I didn't used it nor activated it. There was another card with me from another bank which is also not activated and not used. They are charging nothing.
    But to my surprise, a representative called by and compelling me to pay 800DHS!
    I called their customer care, as was informed that they charge 10DHS per month as maintenance charge(!) of the card even if it is not activated. As I haven't paid that amount, I have to pay 190DHS/ month as fine for 10DHS!
    And now for about 80-90DHS, I have to remit 800DHS if I have to close the card!
    WHAT A SERVICE!

traderdxb May 09, 2010

They are only transferring retail business to some other bank. I think they can be sued in their home country as they are a fully owned entity of the Scottish parent.

• Ka
    Kadavil May 09, 2010

At last, GOD accepted prayers of thousands - now ABN AMRO is no more. The same fate for many other banks in UAE.

• Ku
    kumar.S Apr 18, 2010

how do we get together? is it just by face book? whats the line of action? RBS scotland business if different from UAE business and so you cant sue them in Scotland for their act in UAE. The main problem is the law of the land in UAE, its old primitive and foolish credit/debts laws which dosent help either the banks of the defaulters, as in the worst cases the defaulters leaves the country.

• Ua
    uae-2010 Apr 08, 2010

I was holding 5 credit cards. I closed 2 cards of RBS and 2 card dubai first and settled 1 RAK card.
    thank god. Good Lesson

• Hu
    hussainmd Apr 07, 2010

Please guys, if you have debts and have intent to pay, but on your terms: join the group http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=110407465652195&ref=ts

We can succeed only if we are in numbers. The banks should realize we are trying to clear their debts as well but if they cooperate on our terms which are practical and logical.

traderdxb Apr 07, 2010

czhalro, you seem to have not seen the point of this discussion, its not about responsibilities or facing your debts, its about harassment and blackmailing tactics used by the bank collection staff. We all know what our responsibilities are and the only reason we are behind payments is because of adverse conditions. SO let us keep to the topic and not get on a moral high ground about paying debts back.

From what you say it looks like you mean "PAY or anything the bank does is justified, including vulgar language"

Best wishes

• Hu
    hussainmd Apr 07, 2010

@czhalro. Whatever you said is right. I also had a credit card from RBS and i used it to pay for my basic necessities when i found a job like house rent in advance, carlift, dewa deposit, etc. As long as you have a job every bank is nice. once you loose a job and go to them saying that you have been a loyal customer and you need some time, then you will get to know what they are. I pray you never get into that situation. We have bad times and good times. But a loyal customer is the one, who is intending to pay the debts but requires time because of job loss. But a thief takes the card with teh intention of running away. The bank knows who is a thief and who has intent. But due to recent recession, all the banks are showing attitude of desperation. It will only work against them.

If today all the banks tell their debtors that they are willing to take the cases back and want the debtors to come back start their own business or look for a job, i am sure everyone will come back. When Dubai world can have a standstill at a loan, why not a normal human being?

• Cz
    czhalro Apr 07, 2010

all people are in need of money thats why we are here in dubai. no any single person who is here in UAE don't or in dire need of money. and we people are not the same in any way! some are living in simple way and some wants to live in an extravagant world, some wants as it is and some wants more where they can't reach. they are not satisfied of they are having. dubai is a small place but the luxury is here. so many banks operates either local or international. of course, it's a business that they want to earn. and all business are put up to earn and not to lose. same like us we are working simply because we want to earn BUT when liability comes we should be responsible enough how to take care of it, same on how we are working in our company. we work to the best of it cause we don't want to suffer at the end means losing your job. if you are not capable of it then we are still striving on it to fulfill our responsibility. so having loans or credit cards... that was your choice! we came here in UAE in a matured way so that we can face our obligations back home. im not againts or in any mean... but instead of taking like a childs way why don't we face the consequences we ourselves commited. you took loan or cards means you should know your obligations when to pay cause banks did not force you to sign a single piece of paper for at the end they wil do such lousy things also. GROW UP PEOPLE!!! world will not change if we don't change ourselves... i have loans & credit cards also but the loan i took is good & enough for me & the limit of my card is sufficient only that i can manage to pay both of them. please be satisfied of what you have cause i never experienced calling from RBS but instead i received sms only for the next payment due of my card. with thanks from the bank RBS for giving me loans which help me a lot & card that i used in emergencies.