RBS Bank UAEHarassment of Collections Dept.

T Review updated:

I have a 1 payment delay on my loan with RBS bank UAE (ABN AMRO) and the collections dept. people are calling me (MR. Khan [protected] and Mr. malik Azhar Majeed [protected]) and started to tell me indecent words, such sa B***ch, stupid lady, idiot and the [censored] word. when I explain why there is delay on my payment, they are telling me to shut UP and they said they don't need my explanation. they don't care if I lost my job, what they care is that I should pay no matter where I get the money from.

is this a prestigious bank treats their customer? they even tell me that I am not a customer but a Defaulter.

I will file a police case and escalate this matter up to their board level as this is not acceptable at all.

• P
      Aug 04, 2009

Gentleman

No use they now to screw unless you know to tight there screw.Which even if you will escalate upto board level can not and will never.Its different culture an just [censored] them

Regards

Oct 19, 2009

I too am a victiom of this bank - I have been paying my credit card bills regularly up until recently when I had a family emergency which forced me out of the country to return late thus failing to pay one of my bills on time. Just a few minutes after my return to the country, a Mr. Nasser calls me claiming he is a local (meaning UAE citizen) officer and he will make my life miserable if I do not regularize my account in an hour. I couldn't believe the way he was addressing me - very rude, vulgar and above all hostile. To make the matter worse, he says he does not care as long as I make that payment at the ATM. Guess what I told him -"brother, go stick a shovel up your ###!" (excuse my language as what was said to me is a million time worse..) My next move was to settle and close the credit card and now henceforth my mission is to let every single friend or person I know to desist from consuming services from this cheap and likely collapsing bank.. they do not derserve to operate in UAE at least from my experience which was a nightmare for just an hour.. WORST BANK EVER!!!

• F
      Nov 30, 2009

Hi, Have not heard back from you. But I myself lost my job but so far they have been decent been about 1 month, but I have promised them once I get a job I will pay off the loan, I even went to their office. Mr. Abdullah called me and I informed him of the situation, and then another person called me his name was Rashid claining to be the Head of Collections.

I know they are going to get verbal very soon there fore I have a recorder already in my possesion so that I can have the juge hear the conversation if they take me to court.

Yes they are very rude, I went and filed a offical complaint

RSB BANK

HEADQUARTERS

(I want this mail to reach as top management as possible)

To Whom It may Concern,

I am writing you from Dubai-UAE.

RBS Dubai is working with Hadef Khaleej Dept Collection for credit card collections.Hadaf Al Khaleej, is threatening, insulting, harresting on over the phone and they are calling themselves RBS legal.They say they are from RBS and they do threaten like"make sure u will get terminated since we will get in touch with your company"They threaten as"they will contack the company management where I am working and mention about my credit card dept to RBS" They mention that they will come over office with police for 3000 USD credit card dept.

I have two credit cards.One from ABN AMBRO acquired by RBS and the other one if First Gulf Bank.

I could not pay them both becouse of my week financial standing for last 8 months.Both mentioned banks works for Hadaf Al Khaleej Debt Collection and this collector got me terminated 7 months before by disturbing my management.They went to police claim for 10 000 usd and spoiled my police clearance and got my pasaport.I settled but I cant get my passaport back until I pay First Gulf Bank.

Now the same company AL HADAF AL KHALEEJ DEPT COLLECTION, again today but this time on behalf of RBS has been calling al day non stop, threatening me again to contact with management, send faxes to management and they told me they will make sure I will loose my job.I had nervous breakdown.

I went to collection department RBS to report but credit card collector of RBS (an indian guy in UBL building)was protective and agressive .He told me to pay at one time or they will be in touch with my company.I was tired and upset.I remember the day they were begging to give credit cards.

I have been upset with second time with Hadaf Al Khaleej Debt Collection on behalf of RBS.Is RBS POLICY to work with MAFIA DEPT COLLECTION.

I have good intenetion to pay but with these threat today they made me nervous breakdown and defense.I cant work this way.

Please advice.I am very dissapointed RBS harrestments today

Dec 15, 2009

TO FIRST GULF BANK, RBS OR ANY OTHER BANK WHO HARREST AND MAKES PEOPLE DEFENSIVE AGRESIVE UNTIL ENDS UP WITH POLICE CASE

The law protects a consumer’s privacy by limiting the ways in which debt collectors are allowed to communicate with consumers. Key privacy provisions include:

Collectors are prohibited from communicating with third parties. The consumer’s spouse, parent (if the consumer is a minor) guardian, executor or administrator are not considered to be third parties.
    No communication at any unusual time or place. In the absence of other knowledge, the law assumes that after 8:00 a.m. and before 9:00 p.m. is the only convenient time.
    No communication with consumer if the collector knows the consumer is represented by an attorney. Communication must then be with the attorney.
    No communication at consumer’s place of employment if the collector knows or has reason to know that the employer prohibits such communication.
    If the consumer notifies the collector in writing that s/he refuses to pay the debt or wishes the collector to cease communication, the collector must cease communication with limited exceptions:
    to advise the consumer that the collector’s further efforts are being terminated;
    to notify consumer that the collector or creditor may invoke specified remedies;
    where applicable, to notify the consumer that the collector intends to invoke a specified remedy.
    The collector can still sue on the debt. This section limits further communications only.

Dec 15, 2009

REALLY RBS IN UAE AND FIRST GULF BANK IN UAE WORKING WITH HADAF AL HALEJ DEPT COLLECTION ACTS LIKE STREET MAFIA. THEY CALL COMPANY MANAGEMENTS, HARREST AND THREATEN OVER THE PHONE, APROACH TO WORK PLACE WITH POLICE.

FOR WHAT MAXIMUM 10 000 usd. They beg, advertise to give loans and credit cards.They trap you in beginning and when you delay payment a couple of months they become street mafia.

SHAME ON THEM AND SHAME ON CREDIT CARD DEPARTMENTS CHEAP MANAGERS

Dec 16, 2009

RBS in UAE is the place where you can get the worst treatment than any other place in the world. They have the worst customer support system. They give all false promises to get the customers and they do all kind of harrassment to retrive the money once defaulted. Even to get a service from them takes ages. So guys, forget about this bank.

• W
      Dec 28, 2009

I just have one wish with these collectors of RBS..."May you suffer more than what we do including your family members" Don't you know guys how hard it is to be screamed of by you? Don't you know how it affects us? We never stole money from you, you asked us to have cards from you to get you compensated. Nobody ever wanted to have debts and suffer at the end...cards are used for reasonable circumstances.

Hey you abnormal people, we never stole millions to hear foul words from you. we are still customers (late payers only - but still paying) God never judges us with our debts..and who are you to do so? If we only have sufficient resources, then could have closed it immediately to avoid underworld voices.

Don't you know those terms you used to collect payments are satan's words? "Where the hell is your payment?" I received it while I am in church. Threatening me to make my life miserble by making me terminated? well, of course you can make our lives misreable by losing a job...not unless God will allow you.

Is this how you feed your loved ones? leaving traumas to others? then how could you sleep at night without feeling guilty?

See one day, I will be able to close these credit cards with you, but I will never ask you to pay for the damages you made to me . I will leave everything to God...I know it is very bad to wish you such as this ..."May you suffer more than what we do including your family members", but I have asked forgiveness for this already.

Ooooops! I realized that this Al Hadaf is impressing the RBS & FGG only...why? because the more they collect the more other banks will approach them.

• P
      Dec 31, 2009

I had the same experience with RBS Bank here in Dubai. One missed payment and they will harrass you by sending so many sms messages and unneccesary threats over the phone. Their customer service has no whatsoever phone etiquette. Are they desperate or what i have no idea, but one thing for sure, count 5 years from now and they will end up with no more customers. I for one was fortunate enough because next year i got a decent job that enable me to pay both my cards from them in 3 months, and I will close both cards at once. I will never get another card from them, or open an account on that bank ever again. I will make sure that all my friends, colleagues and accquaintances know how they treat their customer. I'm going to make sure that all the forums i join will know about them and I will do my best to save others from having the same experience as i had with that bank.

Have they not realized that one day all these customers they are harrasing will someday be able to pay their debts? And that by harrasing they only not cause trauma but also put grudges on the customers that they harrass? Imagine when all these customers they harrass would close their account and tell everybody they know about the bank, it is not possible that this bank will one day soon close because of how they treat their customers who are in need. They were not helpful at all and i agree they act like more of a MAFIA than businessman. Who would want to trust them?

Let's all tell everybody waht we know about them and make sure that no other friends, relatives and acquaintances of ours will suffer the same situation that we suffered from that bank.

• C
      Jan 03, 2010

I experienced the same problem also - too many harassment from collecting agencies!

I got delayed on my payments due to loss of jobs but I had managed to update my account when I got a new job. But due to those delays, RBS blocked my account and I cannot use my card anymore and I cannot even access my e-banking account making me unable to verify all my transactions. I inquired from the customer service and they advised that can only access my e-banking acct. if my acct will be unblocked which they (RBS) will do if I would pay all outstanding balance and submit necessary documents.

And as far as I remember, I had only signed 1 application for 1 credit card account, instead they sent me 2 credit card types with different card number, and I thought the charge will still be the same meaning 1 charge only just like the way my other credit card with the other bank. Then I realized that they are charging me for late payment on each card, which had given me double burden.

People have no conscience when it comes to money.

Jan 06, 2010

They are still doing it and still no action from the management.. It's the same problem and threat I'm receiving right now. I ask for a resettlement plan before the month of December starts last year and until now i dont have any call receive from this RBS bank and I've crossed the payment again and have to pay the dues... Im suffering from this kind of words again and I told them that since December I applied for the resettelement. and they dont even care to listen to their customers and if u will try to explain they will put the phone down after they used indecent words to you! I dont know why the bank's management allow this kind of treatment to their customers.. we are not working with you and your getting your emplyee's salary from your customers and your doing this kind of treatment? Wake up! Your business is to help your customers and not to be threatened like this!

Jan 06, 2010

they will sometimes pretend to be callers from DHL and ARAMEX... is this the kind of employee you have there, using other company's name? You dont believe and trust your customers because you're the one doing it.. the names mentioned above are the worst... no wonder why there are so many people that lost their jobs and run because of this treatment.

• J
      Jan 13, 2010

I'm also a victim of this bank. I'm having 3 months failure of paying my credit card in RBS due to major calamities happens in my country which i need to send all my money to my family. In my 1st and 2nd month statement i had already received a call from them which threatening me also. My life has been miserable since then. I cannot work properly because of that . Since then i didn't take any call from them. I had already problem with my family back home, i don't want to add and affect from them and end like a crazy man and thinking of a suicide in the end.

In reality, RBS kills people. So it's better to ban this bank and burn it to hell which they belong.

Jan 27, 2010

I had a credit card from RBS. I used limit of 28000 AED by transferring credit from other banks to them. I kept on paying them for only 3 months and then i lost my job. Immediately i got a call from them to pay the minimum amount. When i told them about my case, they got even more frustrated a person called me up and said that if i don't pay them in 3 days i will have my check deposited and i have to go to jail for bouncing check. I told them to reschedule my loan for atleast 1 month before taking any action because i had a car loan and other small loans like everyone does in dubai. But one fine day i was heading on sheikh zayed road for an interview in a company and i got a call from RBS. I told them i am going for an interview and i need to be in that frame of mind and if they would'nt mind calling me after an hour. The guy on the other end of the phone said that he does not like calling me as i am not his son or father but he is obliged to do so and told me to make a 1000 Dhs payment immediately. That was the turning point. I took a u-turn from the first interchange and went back home. Packed my stuff, went to airport and after getting my ticket i called him and told him that he was responsible for the mental stress he has given me and that was it. I left UAE. It was my birth place and thanks to the bank that i can't go there anymore until i pay them. They called me at my number in my country and once did the collections agency came to my house. I gave them such a treatment that they will not want to pass by my street. I dont recommend what i did and i am planning to pay them. But it will be when i have that money and NOT on their bloody terms

Feb 01, 2010

I strongly object all the above ‘stupid follow up procedures’, particularly disclosing the financial issues of a customer with company other staffs & there after the threatening calls; incase if there any issues, the bank can send any reminders/legal action notices, either thru emails/letters and should not entertain any such threatening calls.

I know there are many banks who irresponsibly issued the loans & credit cards without verifying the credit worthiness of the customer; and those bank executives or those customers have left the country, the bank is now victimising the honest customers by padding all costs and harassing them to pay or face legal consequences. A copy of this email will be forwarded to the central bank for a stringent law to deal with such banks and people who make a mockery of the law.

Feb 02, 2010

I am in a similar situation abd considering forming a harassed bank customers forum in Dubai. If interested contact me on [protected]@gmail.com.

If we have enough people we can deal with these banks effectively. Strength in Numbers!

• K
      Feb 03, 2010

I cancelled both Visa and Mester Cards from RBS when I received a letter from them saying that there will be a charge of AED 10.00 on each cards from Feb 10 onwards. Also they started charging AED.3.00 each if we made the payment thru UAE Exchange or any other exchanges. I made a cancellation request on 29th December and again I called them on 17th to reconfirm whether both are cancelled or not. I called them today again to get a cancellation confirmation and they are saying I have to go to any of their branches and apply for the clearance letter. For that they will charge AED.50.00 each on both cards (total 100.00 Dhs)!! It is not Royal Bank of Scotland - It is Royal Bank of Shame!!

Kumar

Feb 03, 2010

HI all,
    These are the symptoms prior to their death…..as a kind of final breath before a crucial death……due to their irresponsibility of managing a banking business.
    Please don’t be a victim of them, don’t upset on their harassment, record their voice incase if they use harsh words, approach immediately to any near by police station and register a case along with their telephone numbers, caller name, date & time of call . Police will track on their call & leave to them the rest. Meanwhile, about the dispute with the bank, u straight away approach to the bank and find a solution to clear your dues.

Feb 18, 2010

hi..I am the same boat..
    this my first time i missed my payment but due to the fact that i am travelling.
    so disappointed when i got an email says as below: just weird and too harsh. I cant understand why they dont train their people properly. as if they review account holder credit history then they should base from that if you willing to pay or not.

In spite of several reminders and attempts to resolve the critical situation amicably, we regret to note that you did not show interest to settle the outstanding balance as above. We hereby had no choice but to take legal actions to recover back the Loan outstanding and you will incur all associated legal costs as per the terms and conditions of the contract. In addition, the bank has to report your debt to the central bank as per the UAE central bank instruction with regards to such cases.
    We would therefore like to make a final attempt to appeal your good senses and request you to pay the outstanding balance within 24 hours
    If you do not contact us immediately from the date of this letter, we will consider that you are willing to let the matter precipitate further and are allowing the bank to deal with the matter in manner that the situation warrants.

:: as just funny that i got email from my friend and company about their calls. they email me once and i replied.. they said that they have been calling me and texting me..and i am not replying..which they manage to email me once and i replied. so why they cant just email in the first time if they cant contact me through my phone which they always do monthly when they are reminding you your dues.

::: in my own opinion..RBS management wake up..if you keep your people doing these actions, then your losing more..as your customer might lose their job and cant pay you any longer.

Feb 23, 2010

RBS is a maadarchod bank

Mar 03, 2010

i m having 20, 000 pending in my RBS credit card and 8, 000 in my rak bank, now i lose my job also i mplaning to go back india .. dnt have money to pay these cards .. what these
    banks can do agnist me pls do rply

Mar 07, 2010

Realy very Bad heviour anf their attitude in this way they will lose customer.

Mar 09, 2010

All Articles are right in here I almost got a nervouse breakdown, for the amount of less than 500 each card. I received sms from a mobile number its quite fine just a reminder for my payment which is due on the 9th of March which is today. Then afterwards i got a call from the guy name Khan i informed him a day before that tomorrow you can send a collector then when he called in the morning i told him please dont send a collector at the office, i dont have the money at the moment. then he started shouting at me enough. enough. Then he hang up the phone and called at the office 4 times, he spoke to my colleague. Because of that i got really pissed off, i said bad words to him and i felt sorry because i almost wanted to die, my breathing stop, Im almost shaking. I apology for telling f... word to him because i cannot control my anger. He told me he will file a case agains me for telling him such words, he told me that i dont deserve my work and that they will come and report me to my boss. How can this people do such things to you if you are trying to pay your responsibility to them, I know very much that its my mistake because i wanted to give my family a good life so then i used the money to build a better home. But i dont know from where this people came from to threat you, harass you put your work at risk and tell you that you dont deserve the work. Is it human just because of the amount they will treat you like a whore. I am a small citizen who doesnt have a plan to run away because i cannot even sleep at nigh due to small bill from this RBS they can see the record, but what the hell on earth this people is doing. I know its my mistake that i spend beyond the needs but i never use the card for luxury. I went on leave and come back while i have all the reasons of leaving. How should unprofessional people work at the bank, threat you, put your work at risk. Did they ever think, that what if they are on my situation what should they feel. If i got dead because of heart attack and nervous breakdown my soul will not stop searching this man. I hope RBS can find professional people who can work in their collection department. Not staff who are good in harassing people, threatening people and give misery. Dear RBS just give me few months and i know i can close my credit card with your bank and thank you for the money that i used before. I will pay the money that i owe you and that i used. Just if you can at least give a heart to people. To the guy who gives me too much tension and nervous breakdown, may the God be with you always. Thanks a lot

Mar 10, 2010

If the bank are professional in dealing with customers who have defaulted in payment, first they must contact the customer or meet them and offer a settlement plan which is viable to them and customer.
    While doing these banks and protect their professional image and save lot of cost they are paying to the unprofessional( professional mafia) collection agent.

These gunda collections agents are treating all customers alike and engaging local third rate gundas in India & Pakistan to threaten even the old aged parents while the customer is available in UAE and working in UAE.

This will definitely spoiled RBS name among people. We do not need RBS any more,
    We will stick to our own banks like NBAD and HSBC which are very professional and supportive.

• R
      Mar 17, 2010

RBS BANK IS THE WORST BANK EVER -

I have, in several occasions, got into many issues with them that until now have not been resolved. I have been battling with them to change my address in my account for 2 years now since I have joined a new company and until now they have NOT done it. I have faxed them all the documents that they require ( multiple times!!!) and each time they never updated my account. They all have excuses that I cannot take. Due to this, they sent my renewal cards to the old PO BOX which I have no access to anymore. That means I am no longer able to use my cards. Anyway, since I dont use the cards and I dont get my statement every month, I just rely on payment via their text reminders. To my suprise, after months of paying the minimum, an agent told me that I still owe them "that much" money, which is equivalent to the credit limit of the card!! ( like nothing happened to the payments I made for months). And he started telling me about the charges of late payment/overlimit...and whatever charges they can think of!!! This Month I did not pay on the due date as this is no longer my priority and my salary has not arrived on time anyway. Now they keep on calling me every single day ( even if I told them that I will pay once my salary is in my account) and now I just got a text message that they filed a legal notice to require me to pay the full amount within 24 hours or they will file a police case!!! I AM SO MAD I CAN FEEL IT IN MY BONES!!!

RBS BANK - I swear to heaven that you will all FAIL miserably and GO TO HELL!!! I am planning to just pay off all my debt to you so I can get rid of your POOR SERVICE!!!

RBS IS THE WORST BANK EVER!!!

Mar 19, 2010

get out of RBS quickly

Mar 30, 2010

RBS is a registered bank in Scotland. That is where the home office is. Laws of Scotland prevent harassment of consumers, and prohibit dirty tactics used by collection agencies. Since RBS UAE is a subsidary of RBS in Scotland, and the office in Scotland is aware of the collection methods being used by the subsidaries then a law suit for millions can be filed in Scotland against the bank. I say we all get together and file a case to sue RBS in Scotland for everything they have.

Mar 30, 2010

Just my thoughts, who is with me? Get in touch [protected]@gmail.com

Mar 30, 2010

I have created a group "UAE Refugees" on facebook. It is my sincere request to you folks to join this group. Then we can all get together to file a petition for changing the draconian laws of these banks. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110407465652195&ref=search&sid=1387850061.3550899289..1

Mar 30, 2010

traderdxb, i am with you. please join the group and i will hand the moderator status to you.

Mar 30, 2010

Great idea. Whether we win the case or not, enough number of people will create sufficient adverse reports in media and force them to stop these horrible tactics

Mar 30, 2010

I agree with you all. We all have been trapped by these banks. We all made big mistake by subscribing to these credit card. Credit card are good and helpful these days . So keep only one card from the same bank where you have account with a limit of 1 or 2 month salary.

Tell your children the same and encourage them using own money than credit money.

Do not buy grocery or food by using credit cards. In case you are buying for some reasons settle it immedietly. Use the card only during emergencies medical or during your travel trips. Also do not take cash from the card.

Apr 02, 2010

I have the same experienced from this RBS and FGB banks. They even called back in my ome country threatening my parents. Even if I have money I will notpat this worst bank. No wonders there company always change the management. See...KARMA is taking it's strife... I hate this bloody bank...even if I will rot in jail I will not pay them...

Apr 02, 2010

Lets s all get together and sue them in Scotland, our words are evidence enough!

Apr 03, 2010

Can you guys please register on facebook? There are only two registrations and I am one of them...we need to act fast.http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110407465652195&ref=search&sid=1387850061.3550899289..1

Apr 04, 2010

These collection agency staff are really beggers. They looking for a commssion on thier daily collection.
    They may even act a local market gunda's to collect the money. Shame on RBS! for using these third rate people to collect the dues in a country where the laws are very strong.

Apr 04, 2010

People, please register with us on face book. The link is in the posts above. Lets try to find a solution together.

Apr 05, 2010

i can feel all of you 'coz i have experienced the same.. i have been on a settlement for 10 months payment, and paid 7 mos. consecutive. i haven't had my payment for month of march, then i told them that please take consideration for the month i have skipped but i will pay.. then started talking in harsh voice.. and telling that i have skipped for 3 mos., blah blah blah.. then he will cancel my settlement and pay for 11, 000aed.. i had my settlement for 13, 000aed then he was telling me to pay the full amount of 11K something.. they are really ridiculous.. who would accept to pay 11K if you already paid 7 mos. consecutive and you're about to finish?!.. i asked my husband to call this guy as he always talked to me in this way.. i feel so harrased then my husband call him back, and also threaten them, now he called again to me and said, you're husband called me, and it was recorded, and he threaten us, now wait for the call of our lawyer.. i told the guy that i told you not to talk to me in a harsh voice 'coz you are harassing me, now you are talking to me in a nice way?!..

THEY ARE REALLY STUPID AND INCONSIDERATE..

Apr 05, 2010

We are all talking and doing nothing, can we all get together?

Apr 05, 2010

also joined the facebook group..