RBS (ADCB)harassment by credit card collections staff

Don't just blog about it, REPORT IT! Dubai has a Consumer Rights law that protects consumers from unfair business practices. Call [protected] for consumer complaints to Consumer Rights Section at Dubai Economic Department. Call [protected] For customer complaints against banks. Call the Ministry of Economy Consumer Protection Dept: http://www.economy.ae/English/AboutUs/MinistryDepartments/Pages/ConsumerProtectionDepartment.aspx Lodge a complaint on the UAE Central Bank website: http://www.centralbank.ae/en/index.php?option=com_jumi&fileid=21&Itemid=59

• Fa
    Fathima Haniff May 06, 2011

RBS BANK staff is calling my family in home country and shouting and threatening them because of not paying full amount. This has lead me to contacting my embassy who totally disagree with their actions. They are providing me with a lawyer who will handle my case.

• Al
    ALI ABDULLAH Jul 04, 2011

ADCB IS THE WORSE BANK IN THE CUSTOMER SERVICE !!

• Aa
    aa1 Nov 14, 2011

Rbs australia is a scam belonging to harry omeros. Harryomerosscammer.com has it all

• Ic
    ICEMAN101 Nov 15, 2011

harry's new number is 0467066595

secretary 's number is 0434519146

• Bi
    bijus Dec 18, 2011

Dear Sir / Madam
    I am Biju Joseph I had took a loan & Credit card from your bank for AED 72167 (Dirham seventy two thousand one hundred and sixty seven Only).Last three months before I got operated for FISTULA and I spend AED 20000/- (Dirham Twenty Only) for my treatment. As you know that now my salary’s one part is already deducted for the loan, but nowadays one of your Executive is sending SMS that bank is going to hold my full salary for the loan deduction. Please make your Executive understand that if I will not feed myself how can I survive in this country. As per the UAE labor law I cannot work in any other company (Full time / Part time). Please see the attached medical documents for reference so that you can understand how much pressure I am holding. Kindly cooperate and deduct a part of my salary not the whole. One more request as the deduction is already on kindly stop the collection department’s call & SMS.
    Thanking you,
    Yours Truly

BIju Joseph
    Account Number 187364032001

• Me
    Melsa Jan 05, 2012

ADCB is the worst bank ever... Manner less and rude collections staff... they don’t know how to talk ... and continuously harass & threaten their customers...and are liars as they put words in your mouth...they should be trained on how to speak...
    Word of advice: Don't ever accept a credit card or loan from ADCB... initially they will sweet talk you into getting one and later they will make your life a living hell...

• Su
    Suresh Krishnan Mar 05, 2012

I agree 100% - ADCB is the worst I have experienced in UAE. My salary account initially was in ABN AMRO, then it became RBS and then taken over by ADCB. I had personal loan from ABN, I topped up it twice whit it was RBS and never had a problem about repayment. Now since it has taken over by ADCB, they are acting very rude unnecessary blocking my funds just the salary being transferred one day late (due to banks delay). And yes, when I call the response is very bad..the collection staff, rightly said is very rude and doesn't know how to talk. I have never defaulted any of my installments, but ADCB staff is talking as if I have committed some crime.

Anonymous Resident Jul 24, 2012

Banks like ADCB have to live with 20th Century reality. Since the 2008 credit crunch, many clients in UAE have had to struggle paying loans and credit cards. There of course is a big difference between a client who delays a payment from one who runs away without making any payment. The reality is majority of clients are committed to paying their dues though there are situations when it is impossible to make payments on time. Unfortunately, ADCB staff do not differentiate a customer who makes regular but delayed payments from one who doesn't at all. In fact, you are better of not paying at all with ADCB. A real case example is a colleague who happened to travel on emergency leave. He couldn't make his credit card payment on time and was very cooperative with ADCB collections department. He committed to paying his dues within two weeks after his return but guess what? The collection staff never took his situation into consideration and went ahead to harass his family in his home country as well as spoil his reputation with his employer who eventually terminated him; he is now jailed unnecessarily. Was all this necessary for a delayed payment? Where is Central Bank and where is UAE Consumer Protection? ADCB, watch out.. How many more clients are going through this dilemma?

• Gr
    greeshmam Aug 18, 2012

my wife had taken a loan from ADCB and the payment deduction date agreed was 5th of every month. However, the bank takes money from her account as soon as her salary gets credited, sometimes even in the middle of the month. many time she had contacted the bank and requested not to deduct her money in advance and deduct only on the due date i.e, 5th of every month. due to this unprofessional attitude of the ADCB bank, we have decided not to continue with their service and stop interacting with them as soon as the loan is got over. Can somebody advise how can I complain to Central Bank about this problem??

• Aw
    AWADSHAN Dec 27, 2012

My experience with the ADCB credit card has been horrible. I was almost never late with payment and paid in full whatever I owed. When I had a dispute regarding my account and called their contact centers repeatedly, I got nothing resolved. And while I was disputing, they were sending collections to my office and actually speaking with my colleagues! Randomly, they upped my credit limit to AED 100, 000 against my wishes when I was trying to end my credit card with them. Now, one year after my initial dispute, they sent my account to their recovery department. Their resolution is to remove some of the months of finance and late payment fees and downgrade my status with the UAE Central Bank...they call it blacklist rating. So if you have an issue with them, the complaints department ignores you (even if you go in person AND write them an email explaining everything--which is what the call center people instruct you to do), they send your account to collections who harass you while ignoring your dispute, then send your account to recovery who downgrade your blacklist rating. Great customer service guys.

• Kh
    Khant Apr 03, 2013

Hi all,

It is true...ADCB will cheat, cheat and cheating you. My experience, I has resigned from my ex company and joined in other company and ADCB hold my final settlement from my Ex company coz as per the bank officer, I hold ADCB credit card even i don't have any loan with ADCB. when i call the bank officer they say sorry and requesting my salary to transfer to their bank..when i say "NO" they told me that all my money will be kept hold till i show my salary transfer latter to the bank. How Cheap they are???
    I want to run out of this hell...They only want to make money and they don't know how to deal with customer...i sure they lost me and they will lost all their customer at the end

• Si
    Si'm Apr 24, 2016

i agree with u all, i am being here in uae since 2008, i never took any credit card, personal loan or even car loan from any banks so far, but only mistake i did was holding zero balance salary transfer current account with ADCB, i switched my employment to different gulf late 2013, and right now i am back in UAE since mar'16, when i try to get my salary transferred to same ADCB which i had earlier, i was informed i have debts with ADCB which i need to sort out by visiting ADCB debt collection department in outsource zone, i spoke with a lady called Poonam, she told me i have AED5000+ debt because of cheque return (Actual the landlord made mistake, deposited my cheque even after i vacated the building) i asked her is there any claim for that cheque amount?, she said no, its just for cheque return cost of AED 400 (But actual when i contacted customer support they said cheque return costs AED 100 for each cheque) which leads you to negative balance and along with interest for 2 years i need to pay 5000+ AED, i told her, alright i dont have any access with that account as you have already closed without any instructions, so i need statement till date to confirm the amount you are saying, suddenly the red face said you have to call customer care to get your statement, we will not provide, i said ok, i will first take my statement from the mode you said later i will pay, she agreed, when i called customer support they said i have noting with their bank, only current account which was closed nov'2013 with zero balance, then he approached me to visit any nearest branch to get my statements, branch asking me to pay AED25 for each month statement, its now totally dumping my head, but my goodness the customer support who sat on the desk showed me my statement on his computer, and my account was closed on Nov'13 and with negative balance all i have to pay is with aed 50 per month as penalty, and if i calculated as he said its not even 2500AED, but why debt collection is asking me to pay 5000+?, i dont know know who is the right person to take this issue, anyways later on i started arisin questions with that debt lady, she repeated same ting without explaining me, then i said if u dont explain me properly i wont pay, later another lady called me and said she is her supervisor named Poornima, and without even listening my words just simply harrasing me on phone, and threatening me that they will send peoples to my office otherwise i need to take loan from my office and immediately, i asked her dont you have a sense its my very first month here dont simply speak the way harrasing me, then she said when you can pay, i told after 25th once my salary credited, then she said i will not call u until 25th but you must pay on that day without fail then suddenly said its my direct line if u need anything call this number and hanged up !!!, yesterday while i was at the mid of important works almost at the top of roof climbing ladder, my phone started ringing continuously i picked up the phone, on the other end the lady poornima from ADCB, i was really frustruated and asked what?, she said i called you to remind your payment on 25th, damn, i said you told me you told me you wont disturb me until 25th then what is this call then?, she is then harrasing me like you dont have rights to say dont call, after i was keep on calling her to take clear explanation for 5k+ even now while i am posting here, its ringing for 4 or 5 times and going directly to vice mail, i simply had all kind of debt. harassment without even having any actual debts, Hope this is all enough experience for me with ADCB, i promise you ADCB i never have any relationship with you at all, thanks for all your enough headaches to me...!!! i am wondering nw this is all What ADCB HR dept taught these peoples?, everyone has a self respect, try to value peoples, and sorry for my such a huge post here

• Ai
    Aimee05 Jan 10, 2017

I am struggling now financially, but I still have work, the only thing is that I struggle financially due to the health and hospitalization of my father who undergone a bypass heart operation and my sister who's having a breast cancer and later metastasis and now she has a lung cancer this was started last 2012 till now. I am having a personal loan and credit card facilities from the ADCB bank. One personnel in collection department having Mobile # +971 55 4849073 called me and telling me they will let the company to terminate me for not paying them. I have 3 Defaulted payment but they should not be alarmed and get worried as my salary goes in my ADCB account and they have all the means to hold my salary only this December 2016 salary was not credited to my ADCB account. They should not curse me and put this situation inside our company as this is entirely no relationship to my company as this is my personal problem. They went to our company and talk to our Manager telling them to terminate me. Is that what really exactly they need to do? everybody now is struggling financially and this is the only bread and butter we have to help our family our children back home. Are they have the right to do that an acceptable behavior? I did not run from any obligation I have from them, as my payroll account is under their bank, so why they worry? they want me to be terminated from the company, how will I pay my personal loan from them, if they will suggest the to our manager my termination?. I cannot bear it anymore, If I only have a chance to transfer my salary account to other bank I will do so. Coz ADCB are eating even the last fils of my account balance, they will not spare you instead they will put you down and make you suffer..