Complaints & Reviews

Wraps

I work at a Quizno's. My complaint is in the fact that the corporate guys thought it would be a good...

Bad service

Order large italian sub, at 6734 lundys lane, wheres the meat, where are the cups for the peppers and pickles, very very cheep tring to make money buy not giving what the customer wants, bought on may 22, 2010, at 15:31, order number 01367, when i ask about complants i was given a napkin, call number an all i got was a survey big deal where is the customer relations, it would be nice to talk to some about their very cheep service survey, score for the store being cheep 100%' would i return back to this store agin sorry i will not why spen my hard earn money here.

Very poor and nasty service

I WENT TO QUIZNOS IN CHESTERFIELD SC IN SIDE OF ALCO STORE I HAVE NEVER HAD SUCH A BAD MEAL THE SERVICE WAS REAL BAD THE MANAGER WAS DRESSED VERY BAD I ORDERED SOUP AND ASKED FOR EXTRA CRACKERS AND THE GIRL ROLLED HER EYES THE RESTROOMS WAS SO NASTY THE GIRL ALSO WIPED HER NOSE WITH THE BACK OF HER HAND AND WAS STILL MAKING SUBS I WILL NEVER RETURN TO THIS PLACE EVER AGAIN I WILL ALSO BE PUTTING A CALL IN TO THE HEATH DEPARTMENT ON THIS MATTER I DONT KNOW WHY QUIZNOS WOULD PUT THERE NAME IN A PLACE THAT NASTY I WILL BE LETTING MY FRIENDS KNOW ABOUT THIS PLACE.

Terrible food and service

The review is for the Quiznos located at 158 Rolling Rdg Dr State College, PA 16801
[protected]

I rarely frequent chain restaurants such as this but was asked to meet someone there and I accepted. Upon arriving it became clear quite quickly that cleanliness is not a top priority. There were not a lot of patrons so we thought it would be a quick order and we'd be on our way. Not going to happen. The sub maker screwed up the order in front of us and that delayed the whole process as they could not figure out how they had prepared a "bullet" instead of a regular sub. We were informed that they were out of bacon and tomatoes so if we wanted the sandwich we chose, we'd just have to do without. Ok, no real big deal we thought. Then to the next stage, soup. We were told that they were out of everything but tomato basil of which there was only enough left for 2 bowls. When the cashier told the manager there was no more tomato bail soup left, be brought over a tin of it and slammed it down next to her and told her that if anyone else asks for it, just microwave it. LOL - right in front of us. She glared at him and the obvious tensions with this crew were becoming more and more apparent. So, we finally made it to checkout only to find out that the soda machines did not work and that we would have to pay for the soda/tea/juice from the shelf. Whatever. Ok, so we sit down to a filthy table and dig in. We laughed when we tasted the soup. Watered down Campbells maybe. I don't know. Anyhow, we observed more banter between the staff and the manager. It was sad. We now understand why there was hardly anyone in there during peak lunch hours. If I were the franchise owner, I would put a halt to that immediately.

• Tr
    Trevor is now a proud father a baby boy Nov 18, 2009

I dont think they should have made you pay extra when it was their fault their machines were not working. They should have given the bottled drinks for the same cost since it was their fault.

QUIZNOS STORE, DOWNTOWN MIAMI , MANAGER KICKING OUT CUSTOMERS

I have been Quiznos customer for a while but after today i will never go to quiznos. i saw the manager of this store her name was SONIA. she was yelling and swearing on one of my friend who was in line. My friend only asked her due to big lines why only one person is serving customers and others are just standing doing nothing and its lunch hour in downtown Miami. I have never seen a rude manager like that. she even refused to serve and kicked my friend out of the store. how shameful. do we need companies like that in business?

Owner Charges EXTRA for pickles and condiments.

Today Aug 22 2009 I had ordered 10 different sandwiches for my company. This store did not take online...

swearing

on july 6, 09 i went into the hinton quiznos with my two little girls. it was around 11-1130 am. and their were two ladies working that morning. the older lady was taking my order and telling me what they were out of which was almost every kind of meat. except ham and turkey. the other younger lady was asking the older lady why she hated her so much and ask her loud enough for me and my daugthers to hear she the younger lady ask the older lady why she was being such a ### and then the younger lady walked away. the older lady apologized for the younger lady. i just told the older lady that i would not be back again if that is the way they talk to each other. and not to have any meats for subs is just unnatural. the older lady said that their truck was not to be in until the nexts day sometime. i will not be giong back to quiznos at all. margert benard

• Ao
    Aoife_ Aug 11, 2009

you're being a sissy. To think you should be worrying about swearing and meats when you're living a dump.

Inappropriate behavior of management

The manger of this store has in appropriate conversations of a sexual nature with her teenage employees about their father who is married. The general manager of this franchise feels that it is a personal matter between the store manager and this child's parents. However, this store manager is having these conversations with the child while at work in an "employee - boss" environment. This store manager has also left vulger, profanity filled messages at the home of this child's parent and step-parent, which have been played for the general manager whom has taken no action against the store manager. I only wish I could find the information for the owener of this franchise because I would love to give him a piece of my mind about the caliber of people he chooses to employ as "management". All I know is if I were to behave this way at my place of employment I would certainly not have a job for long. I would suggest not allowing any child to work for these people, it will be nothing but trouble for all involved. On another note due to this I know I will never purchase another item from Quiznos and would suggest that any parent, step-parent or anyone that cares about the emotional and psychological well-being of children do the same. These people need to be shown that they can not be allowed to exploit our children and their emotions.

• St
    stimuloose Jun 25, 2009

your kid can walk off the job at any time and find another, especially in fast food (btw great job on the parenting. Fast Food? Thats a great environment to put your kids in.. maybe she'll tell you about the great pot she smokes by the dumpster with Leroy and Jose after work.) You must never have worked in fast food in the past 10 years or you would know this already.

Thats the only lesson that needs teaching.

MENU NO COMPLETE FOR LONG TIME

We went for some many times try to order subs for my workers, the store look poor this means the bar stock jalapenos and others try look olds, went try order some subs some have missing no tuna, no sammies, no soups, no lemonade, some flavor drinks out order.
I thinking maybe this store is running go out from bussines, look like that.
We try order three times in two weeks and experience same service .Thank you for your attention.

No refund

I ordered a Roman Salad at Quiznos Subs Store #4902 [28101 Harper Ave., St. Clair Shores, MI 48081]. After I arrived at home and took a couple of bites of the salad I realized there was missing tomatoes. I went back and the manager [refused to give his name] informed me that the Roman Salad does not have tomatoes. I showed him the sign that showed tomatoes under the Roman Salad, but he did not care. I wanted a refund, but he refused. I even mentioned to him that the salad quantity did not match the quantity at other Quiznos. He refused to make another one with tomatoes and would not give me a refund.

• Li
    Lisa Foose Jul 14, 2012

My husband and i got takeout from Quiznos in Thornton Colorado on 88th and Pearl yesterday and as i ate my caesar salad i noticed there was a dead bug in my salad. We called management the next day and a manager by the name of Renu (sp?) informed me that she would not refund the salad and that most likely the bug made it's way into the salad after my husband left the store or maybe i ate it outside???? My husband left with a sealed container and it was not opened until he put it on the kitchen table and we ate INDOORS. I will never go to another Quiznos ever again and plan on calling corporate offices on Monday.

Ivanosky Nov 30, 2013

You went back to the quiznos store to get the tomatoes and wasted the time to post this comment instead of going to the refrigerator or the store to grab a tomatoe? wow. americans, what is your next stop on shallowness????

Homosexual content

I agree that the contents of the Quiznos torpedo commercial is disgusting, degrading and inappropriate for viewing. Why must we be subject to such filth? This country is quickly on it way to a downward spiral into moral decay. We are a nation that was built on the principals of faith. God has blessed us with a system of wealth that other countries do not have. We have it printed on our money that we trust in God but God has been kicked out our schools and government. Our children are no longer safe to walk the halls because of terrorism from fellow students. They think it is cool to have tattoo's and be both homosexual and lesbians as well as heterosexual. Now we have to endure food commercials blatantly selling homosexuality. I am a christian and will not support this decay. It is our duty as citizens of this nation to demand moral integrity. If we don't take a stand, we have no right to voice our opinions. Other countries may not have the blessings that we do but morally, we are a poor and sickened nation that is on it's way to ruin.

• Di
    Disgusted May 13, 2009

It is vile and disgusting. Will no longer eat at Quiznos due to their disgusting innuendo. And what's worse is that ad execs and other so-called upper management people ok'ed the thing. They obviously think that the public are easily influenced and led by base animal instincts. Just to eat a crappy sandwich. Nothing like selling your immortal soul for a few bucks.

• Om
    omg May 15, 2009

Haha. You crack me up!

• Br
    Brad May 18, 2009

What is going on in this country? I sent this to Quiznos...

Your new TV commercial about the new "Torpedo Sub" is really in bad taste. When I saw the ad for the 1st time and watched it I was thinking that it was somewhat suggestive and weird, but when the oven said "Put it in me Scott" I was simply astounded and was glad my kids were not in the living room to watch the ad. What in the heck are you guys thinking? Food and gay references do not go together. Seems to have another agenda to promote homosexuality. My kids see enough garbage on TV without getting it from the fast food restaurants. Pretty Tasteless if you ask me.

I also wrote Ohio State Gov.

• Se
    Sensible_Jeanne May 22, 2009

Really? You think a TALKING OVEN is trying to promote homosexuality? REALLY? I think they're trying to promote...eating sandwiches. Y'all have lost you collective mind.

It's a reference to 2001's computer HAL. Computer's don't have sexual organs. And if your kids actually get the commercial, you have bigger things to worry about.

• Bb
    bb123 Jun 04, 2009

I'm a liberal, yet I feel this commercial is suggestive, but in a stupid way. Nothing sensuous or sexy, more raunchy and, as I perceive it, derrogatory toward the gay community. It's just the wrong angle for advertising food. It certainly doesn't convince me to run out and buy their subs. I did rent 2001, though.

• IronGrudge89 Jul 30, 2010

"We are a nation that was built on the principals of faith." Not. At. All. You're truly another theist idiot that blindly follows what your parents fed you whilst you were growing up. For your information, the founding fathers were Atheist. They didn't want religion in this country. But, that aside. Your intolerance is very un-christ-like, but typical. It's fools like yourself that are degrading the morals of this country. Your blind certainty is repulsive. On a side note... it's a [censor]ing commercial. Get over it. Who are you to say that homosexuality is wrong? You're so brainwashed it's pathetic.

Ivanosky Nov 30, 2013

the american mind is full of sex, the commercials, the tv shows, everything .no wonder there are so many rapists, child molesters and serial killers here in america. the good tv shows without the sex go off air after one season. sex sells in america. the african american are not rapists and child molesters because they don't watch that much tv. study, think and learn white america.

TV commercial advertisement

I was recently watching television last night when I saw this commercial advertising 12 foot long sandwiches at Quizno's restaurants. I wasn't paying much attention until something did indeed catch my attention. There was some seriously distasteful sexual innuendos exhibited in this advertisement. What really drew my attention was the oven telling the employee to "put it in me", as well as it telling the employee to "say it in a sexy voice" over and over again. This commercial was made in bad taste and deems very offensive material to viewers. I am the mother of a 10 year old and thankfully he was not awake to see this nor would I appreciate this advertisement to be aired on local and public television for anyone to watch. Granted the commercial was aired late at night at about 10:15 pm when most children are in bed, but that does not mean it offends other viewers.
Furthermore, this is a food establishment. Since when do food companies need to use sexual topics and innuendos to advertise their business? I am completely disgusted at this commercial. I find it gross and immature. I will never be contributing my business, time, nor my money, especially, to this company again.

• JGraceyStinson May 12, 2009

hmmm, I saw the commercial and it didn't bother me. The voice of the oven reminded me of "Hal" from Space 2001. Guess it depends on the viewpoint. Seemed more silly than anything else.

• Sh
    Shannon May 15, 2009

I agree! I found it equally repulsive and offensive. Just because they say that "sex sells" doesn't mean that any company should stoop low to gain more business. As far as I am concerned they've lost mine.

UGH disgusting... and I'm 23 so yes, I am distastefully disappointed.

• Ty
    tyelee99 Jun 15, 2009

i am an employee at quiznos. I have a very big complaint. I hate the torpedo with a passion. i think it is the dumbest marketing scheme ever divised. if i could find the person who had the brilliant idea of the torpedo i would love to slap them across the face with a chibata bread. i dont know what else to say about that. as for the commercial making homosexual comments, For christ sake. cry me a river get over yourselves you bunch of homofobes.

• Ro
    Ronald Geske Aug 29, 2010

Is your company going downhill that bad that you hire idiots to advertise your product of food with cats??? WTF????????? Do you you need help to advertise your product? I have not tried your product, but with the cat food ad I wouldn't go near a furball company. [email protected]

Ivanosky Nov 30, 2013

Jessica are you not guilty of making use of a cucumber italian or japanese, bananas or mexican maduros in your lifetime? if you are not guilty, you may throw the first stone and if you are, stay home and enjoy the footlong torpedo.

Offensive Customer Service

The customer service in the Quiznos store present in the below address has always been in an offensive mode...

disgusting commercial

The recently released torpedo commercial is highly offensive and excessively implicative of sexual...

Sleezy ads with homosexual content

This is in response to a commercial re: Quiznos torpedo sub. How low can one sink? How will parents explain...

Ripping people off

I'm a vegetarian and visited Quiznos for the first time. I ordered a large sub (on whole wheat bread) with lettuce, tomatoes, olives, onions, mayo and cheese. I was charged $6.89 plus tax, while my friend ordered the same size sub with all the veggies and cheese I ordered plus meat and was charged a little more than $5 plus tax. When I pointed out to the owner, Ron Fontaine, that I was charged $2 more for a sandwich that contained ingredients given away for free on my friend's sub with meat, he made a joke out of it and offered to give me 'extra' lettuce. I told the man he ripped me off, but he continued to laugh and make light of what I was saying, though the woman who actually put the lettuce on my sandwich said she saw my point completely. I should have demanded my money back but I decided to eat the sandwich and make a mental to never enter Quiznos again.

Since I routinely order what amounts to salad on bread, I've noticed Quiznos is really no different than just about every restaurant I've been to. At Subway, I pay $5 and end up paying another .40 cents because I ask for American, Provolone, and Swiss cheese on my veggie sub. The argument there is that I am getting extra cheese because the standard serving is four squares and I end up with 12. Well, when I explain that each cheese is a different item in the case, the person making the sandwich usually points to the surveillance camera and says the owner counts the cheese when he comes in and watches the tape.

I am fed up with these chain restaurants and their huge mark-ups.

• Mo
    monstersquad Mar 20, 2010

Each cheese is not a different item. Extra cheese is extra cheese, no matter if it's a different type or not. They only charged you 40 cents for 8 extra slices? At my subway it's 60 cents per 4 extra slices. Stop being cheap. There is a sign that clearly states the charge for extra cheese. LEARN TO READ! Or pay more attention. It's people like you that make true complaints get overlooked. People just complain about the stupidest things nowadays. In your case, YOU ARE WRONG! The customer is normally wrong, not always wrong, but normally. Maybe you should learn how the real world works.

• Bu
    bubbaboy Apr 09, 2010

if you said you only wanted lettuce, tomatoes, olives, onions, mayo and cheese on a sandwich, they should have charged you $5 plus tax. however, if you said you wanted a "Veggie" sub and then told them what you DIDN'T want on it, then it would be $6.89 plus tax. Your friend probably ordered one of the $5 large deli subs, which includes mayo, meat, cheese, lettuce, and tomato. Besides, if you thought it was too expensive, why did you pay for it in the first place? You should have asked before you paid. In this case, you are the wrong one. And at subway, if you wanted something extra, be prepared to pay extra. You think businesses like giving free ### out. Everything costs money and profit for these sandwich businesses is not high. Grow up. If you want to be cheap, learn how to be good at it or you'll feel "ripped off" all your life.

i used to work at a Quizno's and i know all about people like you.

Rude employee

I experienced a very rude employee at Store #2040 in Federal Way, WA on Feb 26, 2009. I was the only customer at 10:30am. I ordered two sandwiches, with a coupon for "Buy One, Get One Free". When they went to ring up the coupon, the clerk couldn't read the promotion code on the bottom of the coupon because I had accidentally cut it a little close, cutting off the bottom half of the five digit code. I had the other coupons with me and pieced them together so you could make out the code, but the lady said, "Corporate won't accept that." I asked her if she had a piece of scotch tape, and we could tape it together. She said, "I don't have any tape. Why don't you just use the other coupon." By that time, I was getting a little irritated because she was being so petty. I told her, "Because the coupons are not the same. That one is 'Buy a drink and a sandwich, get a sandwich free'." Then she said, "So you wouldn't pay a $1 to get a free sandwich?". Now I am getting mad. "No! I have a coupon and this is the one I want to use." She said, "I don't HAVE to accept any coupon." So, I said, "I don't HAVE to shop here, " and headed for the door. She yelled after me, "Your sandwiches are ready. Are you going to just waste them?" I told her, "You eat them or throw them away. I don't care." I went to another Quiznos a couple miles away and used the coupon, no problem, but, Rude Quiznos Lady @ Store #2040...hope you enjoyed your lunch. You'll never see me again.

• Tr
    Trevor is now a proud father a baby boy Nov 18, 2009

Sounds to me like someone is too young to be going to quizno's without adult supervision. She was not rude, she was going by policy. Why does no equal rude. They won't accept the coupon so you can't use it. Those sandwiches went to waste because you were acting chiidish.

Ivanosky Nov 30, 2013

two things. the owner/cashier give you a nice b/s routine. they can ring up the coupon in several ways, normally they have copies of the roll out and in that roll out they have the coupon code or ring up the discount for the second sub or whatever you wanted. the second thing is your lousy attitude, you left food on the table, food that is not available in many countries around the world and those children probably never will have a chance to eat a sub. hope you can live the rest of your miserable life with this. on the other hand, i owned a fast food restaurant and when we have people change a sandwich for X reason, that sandwich will go to the homeless. you little brat, i hope you starve for a couple of days and will appreciate food that you are now throwing away. Your parents are probably those that don't discipline children and let them do whatever the f**** they want and bother the crap out of everybody else.

does not accept coupons

does not honor coupons. posted large on counter. went in today and saw that and WALKED OUT. lost me as a customer.

Intolerable verbal abuse by owner/operator

My daughter worked for the Quiznos in the Towncenter of Kingwood, Texas and was subjected to very acute...

Tip skimming, and over all scumbagery

The owner of this particular franchise comes off as a nice, charming guy, but the way he does business leaves me scratching my head. In a nutshell, he skims tips, cuts off peoples over time, doesn't give raises.

I used to be the manager of this particular establishment until a few months ago. I had recently stopped by the shop to see how some of my old friends were doing. The stories I had heard blew my mind.

My friend, we'll call "G", had taken over my managerial responsibilities upon my leave, and after 2 months has not received any raise (He's been there for damn near a year and only makes 8.50, Massachusetts mind you, that's 50 cents above minimum wage). He had also informed me that he was keeping track of his pay stubs when he had noticed that the owner had cut his hours at 40, meaning that if he worked for 46 hours in that week, he was only payed for 40.

Upon approaching the owner, he was told that "You guys have to work faster, I can't afford to pay you over time", and eventually payed him the difference in cash.

Another thing that really bothers me is that no one knows just exactly what goes on with the tips. The owner takes them to his office, and if the staff is lucky, by the end of the month, they'll get 20 bucks each.

This Quiznos makes AT LEAST 20 a day in tips. Where does the money go? I would get bonuses once in while, probably out of the tip fund. Also, the owner is known to go on week long vacations on a fairly frequent basis. Are these vacations funded by the tip money?

My friend "G" supports himself, his girlfriend, her kid, and also pays child support. He is often told by the by the owner that he is "hurting" or isn't making enough money. While this may be true, he has a loyal worker that he's screwing over for greed.

When I was in charge there, I never saw any of this, with the exception of the tips. If I did have any solid evidence, I would report all these wrong doings in a heart beat. It seems like there is just a blatant lack of respect towards the staff.

If any one knows how I can deal with this burden of knowledge, please e-mail me right away, and I'd like to discuss this issue. My friends are being taken advantage of, and it's just not right.

• Ti
    Tim Luu Sep 18, 2007

I went to Quiznos Sub store # 4241 by the Financial area in NYC. Ordered a Prime Rib Sub and when I went back to my office to eat it bit into a plastic stopper. Definitely not what I expected to sink my teeth into.

• Th
    Thari Gand Sep 19, 2007

Ur lucky.. at least it was not a rat or a finger nail.

• Mi
    Mindy Sep 19, 2007

You feel a bad sandwich equals poor service? how so?

• Pe
    Penny Bennett Sep 19, 2007

Just so you know I had the same type of experience, the problem is .....nobody expects you to follow through with your complaint higher than management and some are
    franchise w/ there own set of values which give the company a BAD reputation.
    Remember this !!!
    Take your complaint up the ladder and ...dont go back to that location. Is it a franchised company ?? do your research. CALL THE HEALTH DEPT and REPORT..
    and...contact a local attorney to advise you on your rights. depending on your situation the law firm will be able to give you a free consultation.

GOOD LUCK

keep ALL PACKAGING,WRAPPER,FOOD,STOPPER FOUND,DONT EAT AND TREAT AS YOU WOULD AS POLICE EVIDENCE...

:o_)

• Pa
    patel123 Apr 09, 2010

This Quiznos in charlotte is worst that I have ever seen, this place is located at arbors at Malard creek. And owener was making a sub and had very poor service. I ordered small veggie sub and sub size was just a two bites and for $4.80 what? toppings were missing, changed the bread type without notifing ... In short worst owner and location to go. SAD

• Rt
    rtwice Apr 10, 2010

I probably found one that was even worse in California City. Neither employee could speak English and had to read cards on how to make the sandwiches. I was the only customer in the store and waited 22 minutes for two sandwiches.

• El
    Elda Armenta Aug 05, 2013

I bought 3 coupons at grupon I pay 24.00 dlls for value of 48.00dllss the 3 coupons were for only one location wich was about 25 miles for home but I bought them anyway finally I decide to use them on Sunday August 4th
    My kids and I drove 25 miles to have a dinner at Quiznos but we get there and the restauran was close I check the schedule and it say Sundays open from 11am to 8pm and the time was 6:00pm
    We ask the locals next to Quiznos and they day never openthat day and they always been in that way closing or just not open the key was in the door since day before someone forgot the key when they close
    My grupons going to expire tomorrow and I dont feel like want to try again 25 miles to see if it is open or not they dont respect the sign with the schedule posted on the glass door
    I found they are very irresponsable and I want my money back
    I took some pictured and I ended paying 27.30dlls at Zaba's next to Quiznos because my kids and I were hungry and I was waiting for the operator at the 1800# to find out if they going to open lstter or what ?

• Ry
    ryuv Aug 06, 2013

what was the real time.

• gesserfan Aug 26, 2013

8 at night is pretty late for a sun, are you sure it wasnt 1-1-6?

Ivanosky Nov 30, 2013

groupon is not related to quiznos. you should get your money back from groupon. now, you drove 25 miles to save a few bucks? at $1 per mile that is $50 to save $15. great mom, teach your kids to be wise in financial matters.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices