Quest Diagnostics / billing for blood test

P.O. BOX 7308 Hollister, MO 65673-7308, United States

Dear Sir or Madam:

I recently received a bill with charges for my blood test.
I used this laboratory before for many years, so I came to your company to get tested again.
As I understand it, Quest Diagnostics no longer accepts Horizon Blue Cross insurance, in which I am currently registered.
When I came to one of your laboratories located in Manalapan, New Jersey, I was asked to show my health insurance card, which even been scanned by one of your employees. I believe that I should be notified immediately that Quest does not participate in my insurance, and I will be responsible for paying for your services, like all medical institutions are doing.

I don't understand why your employees did not tell me that this institution does not participate in my insurance. During registration, they accepted my card, made a copy of it, and entered my information into the system.

I am certain of that one of the reasons to check patient's insurance information in order to be able to check whether this institution accepts it, and notify patients of the result of the verification.

I can assure you that no one even mentioned me that my insurance will not work. Otherwise, I would defiantly just go out and find another laboratory for blood testing.

I am sure that I am not responsible for the lack of professionalism of your employees; therefore, I am not obligated to pay this bill.

I respectfully request your office to look into this matter, and assist me in resolving it.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at the phone numbers listed above.

Sincerely,