Purolatorscheduled pick up not honoured

E

I scheduled a pick up of three boxes to go out for today (June 30), with a five hour window for pick up. The depot called and asked that the pick up time be bumped by two hours. The office would have been closed for two hours at the time they wanted to pick up.

I said that I could change the pick up location from the office to my home address (close to the office) in order to accommodate the later pick up, as these boxes have to go out today. I was told that if I changed the pick up address they would have to submit a new pick up request, and that it would not be picked up until Tuesday (after the long weekend) because I had missed the window for a pick up today?!

I was trying to accommodate them not honouring their commitment. Now I have to close my office down early to drive these boxes half an hour away to the closest pick up point in order to be there before the last pick up of the day.

To say that I am disappointed in the quality of service Purolator for our very first transaction with them is an understatement. You have lost the business of a company that does 98% of it's business through shipping.

RESOLVED

• Purolator's response · Jun 30, 2017

Hi emjoie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I’m very sorry to hear you had issues with your pickup.
    Before a long weekend, there is a higher than normal volume of pickup requests and we may have to ask if the time frame originally given is flexible in order to accommodate as many customers as possible.
    The requests are sent through the system to ensure they’re dispatched to the driver that covers a particular area. Each area has a predetermined clear time in the system that unfortunately cannot be overridden. Unfortunately it appears that this was the case in this situation.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected] if you need further assistance with this pick up.

Thanks,