PurolatorRoad rage and threatening behavior by one of your drivers

J Mar 31, 2021

I was driving through the Burnside Industrial Park in Dartmouth, NS at approximately 5pm. I signaled to change lanes in order to make a left hand turn to make my way to Ackerly Blvd. I heard someone lay on a horn, and as I hadn't seen anyone before signaling I assumed the person was going a bit fast and kept going. The driver followed me so closely for approx 3km, that all I could see in my rear view mirror was the front of the white truck. I thought it was going to ram me and considered pulling over but was frankly afraid of the aggression being exhibited. When I reached the next intersection I signaled to turn left and the driver pulled up beside me on the passenger side and began yelling profanities and calling me names. I looked around to see if there was anything in my car that I could use to protect myself because I really expected him to jump out and assault me. He was slim build aviator style sunglasses ball cap and longish straight brown hair. It was clearly a Purolator cube size truck and I was shocked by the disturbing outburst and the aggressive and threatening way I was followed. I was too intimidated to try and stop anywhere to take a picture of the truck or call the police and realize that there may be little you can offer other than an apology. A person with that much rage is a liability for your company.