[Resolved] Purolator Canadabad service

We have sent a package including a passport by Purolator. They specifically said sending passports is ok, and it was declared on the envelope that it includes a passport.

PUROLATOR simply lost the package. From the tracking system it seems that it never went out of the town, yet they undertook no serious effort to find the package. The case that was opened 4 days ago simply got closed today by declaring our package as lost, i.e., they do not want to even look for it any more. The cost that was charged is $100, ten times higher than other comparable service providers.

RESOLVED

• Jm
    jmadukayil Aug 19, 2008

Purolator is a very bad service provider. They lost my daughter's birth certificate. Tracking number said 'on truck for delivery'. But never got delivered. In the end, no apologies from them.

I am seeking to register a complaint against them and seek damages.

They are rank bad!

Marilyn Thrasher Aug 21, 2008

I have come to the conclusion that Purolator Courier cant read and cant ship things properly. First they told us they couldnt read the label...meanwhile the label is very legible...then i was called a ### because I told the guy to learn to read because two other purolator females were able to read it.. thirdly it was a day late. and when it arrived they had taken off some of the red tape and opened the end and parts were missing..then resealed it back up with brown tape..And when you phone them, there attitude royally sucks..its like you did something wrong..not them.. please pass this around and dont use Purolator Service because they just dont care!!!

Marilyn Thrasher Aug 21, 2008

Lets all band together and do a libel suit against these people because they just dont care what they lose, break, damage.

• Sh
    Shi Jin Sep 16, 2008

Purolator totally sucks. My company used a second day delivery to send me an important letter. But they never showed up while I spent a whole day waiting. On the tracking system, it said I have to contact them to make appointment but there is no contact information. After spending half an hour calling different locations, I finally spoke to someone. But NOT A SINGLE APOLOGY! Only "yeah, yeah, they are busy packing and moving boxes to trucks and no one is there to answer the phone". He seemed to be very accustomed to the bad service his own company provides. And it turned out that I have to wait for two more days to get the letter. Then I don't have time to send back my response within the deadline!

This is my first experience dealing with Purolator and will never again!

• Na
    nathan Dec 05, 2008

I have had some problems with a delivery of package. I live in an apartment in which a buzzer is required for entry. The buzzer is automatically directed to my phone.

Anyway, I heard my phone ring just ONCE, and (presumably) the driver hung up. Then, I went downstairs (in less than 2 minutes) to try to catch the driver, but he was no where to be found - he dissappared already.

I called customer service 3 times. The first two agents were not very helpful. In particular, the second agent was very rude and blamed me, because obviously it can't be the driver's fault. This pissed me off more than the driver's imcompetence.

• Mi
    Mike Feb 02, 2009

WTF is wrong with these idiots from Purolator? They actually think that I'm going to wait from 8am to 5 Pm for a mouse delivery? Oh wait...they told me to go to the shipping center which is located outside of town close to the airport. To get a cab there will probably cost me like 80$ return inclusive because these idiots from Purolator can't deliver my little mouse somewhere close to the city.
    The mouse cost me 40$ but to get that mouse I have to either waste an entire day because they don't have delivery times, or either buy a car or either spend 80$ to go outside of the town close to airport to pick it up by myself.
    The worse delivery system in Canada. I hope you guys will go bankrupt. Customer service sux. Delivery sux. Learn about customer relationship if you want to be able to survive in the delivery market. Last time I will deal with this ### company called: Purolator.

• La
    Laura Feb 04, 2009

Lately Purolator has been lying to its customers because they cut back on staff, so if you send a delivery to arrive for 9 a.m. or 10:30 a.m. and the driver isn't able to get there in time, they will put on a faulty attempted delivery time, this has happened with our company lately waiting on packages to arrive for 9 a.m., our offices are open at 8:15 a.m. and when calling Purolator the person on phone states a driver showed up and attempted delivery at 8:52 a.m. (lie), happened to another company who was open till 6 p.m. (normaly closes at 5 p.m.) but waiting on Purolator with payroll, by 6 they never showed up and when called told attempt delivery at 5:10 and business close (lie)

joetoronto Feb 15, 2009

This company is completely out of control. Not only does nobody care, they give you attitude to boot.

The have to fire everybody up top and start over, just blow the whole damn thing up.

• Be
    Beyond-Irate Oct 20, 2009

This is the worst delivery company I have ever dealt with in my life. I will never use them again and have informed, friends, family and the like to boycott them until they make some real changes...like fire everyone and make an IQ test part of their interview process.

Joseph Linzner Oct 05, 2010

Purolator delivered our parcel to the wrong address. Impossible to get them via phone to correct. Worst service in all of Canada. We now use UPS and have not had a single problem.

• Ia
    iampingo Jun 01, 2011

I posted in another thread and I will post here again.

All of us were home at the time of delivery. All three vehicles are parked on the driveway. Doorbell works perfectly.

No Knock, no Doorbells, just a note saying how they've missed us and tell me to drive out and pick up the package.

Worst courier service by far. Don't know why Costco uses them.

• Kv
    KVZ Jul 12, 2011

Bad Purolator!!! My mom answered the door, but the deliver guy didn't leave the item at my home. Left a ticket telling me to pick up the next day! Have to wait for one more day + a trip to their office! Service really sucks!

notnormallyacomplainer Aug 06, 2011

They are absolute idiots and absolutely inconsistant.
    Now they are saying that they will not leave a delivery notice because someone "may" take the notice.
    So instead, they decide to ship it back to the vendor. ARGGGHHH!
    Somebody need to choke these idiots. How do they continue to be in business ?

• Da
    Darrell P Apr 18, 2012

A package was sent (paid for overnight) from southern BC to Northern Alberta. It stayed 50 miles from teh pick up for 2 1/2 days. Was then sent to the wrong city in Alberta. From there it came to the right city (Grande Prairie) and was promply misplaced by the depot there. After multiple phone calls we where told that it's on the wrong truck and could not be delivered that day. (Grande Prairie is about 1 1/2 miles wide, 15 minutes max) They would not allow us to pick it up because it's summer and they closed early. The next day they said they put it on the truck @ 10AM and would get to us sometinme in the afternoon.
    TOTAL 6 DAYS FOR AN OVERNIGHT PACKAGE (Cost us about $2000.00 in lost revenue) Purolator is bar none the worst courior in Canada with the poorest attitude. Will never use again

• Bu
    BUYRITE Nov 19, 2012

This is a letter i am trying to send to hierarchy with PUROLATOR however can not get a link or ahold of anyone-----Anyone willing to forward this??

I have had a long standing account within your company. Issue relies on a recent courier request in which i personally called in for a pickup to have a unit couriered to another location within Canada.
    Upon making the necessary calls between your courier service and another company, i was advised via Telephone agent (Customer service) that i had a set dollar amount in which it would cost to deliver the goods from my location to my other establishment as with the opposing company.
    I was stated for the size, weight (Dimensions) of the products it would be no more than $200 to have the units transported and delivered whereas the opposing company gave me a quote of $250. This is why i was adamant i should go through PUROLATOR versus the other company.
    The units i was sending retailed at no more than a $100 per unit which i figured this was reasonable to have couriered - 3 months later, i received a statement from your Accounting office stating a sum of $934 is to be paid.
    After seeing this, i am extremely upset sign as i was quoted one number and then "Lied" to and given this to pay. I have 2 businesses under one roof and both companies have separate account #'s through Purolator and have used your courier services extensively over the course of the last 20 odd years without having an issue or concern.
    I have been in touch with someone at your head office and then left instructions as they stated they are the hierarchy and there is nothing that can or will be done to rectify this situation - This to me seems very unprofessional and very unpleasant.
    With no reasoning's on a miscommunication from your party and mine, a good business ethic would be to figure something or meet halfway to allow both parties to make a reasonable decision that would help each other rather than brush it off and tell them there is nothing that can be done for a mistake in which the victim was not at fault.
    Hopefully when you read this, you can contact me directly as i can give all my credentials and account info in hopes this can be mended.
    On another note, if you record all incoming calls, once we discuss, i am sure you can go back to the conversation that was placed between myself and your telephone rep to confirm the quote and pricing.

Thanks,

• Purolator Help Apr 17, 2013

Hello,

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience or frustration that may have ensued.

If you would like to send the details of your situations with the accompanying tracking numbers to [email protected], we will follow up on them.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

• Ba
    Bapujee Sep 26, 2013

I was expecting a delivery today. I did not go anywhere today so that I would not miss the delivery. At 1pm when I checked the status of delivery, it showed "Appointment required for delivery. Receiver will be contacted to reschedule delivery". What is this? Nobody came to my unit, nobody knocked on the door and you just reschedule the delivery. I am very much disappointed with your service. You don't have any respect for a person's time. Tomorrow I have a meeting and I can't take day off from my work. It is totally unacceptable. Next time I order anything online I will make sure that it is not sent by Purolator.

• Purolator Help Sep 26, 2013

Hello Bapujee,

I do apologize for the frustration this delivery has caused. I’d like to look into this further for you. Can you please e-mail your Purolator tracking number to [email protected]?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Julie Hotton

E-mail : [email protected]

• Ba
    Bapujee Sep 27, 2013

Hello,
    As per your suggestion, I went to 33 Bloor Street West at 6.20pm today to pick up my package. The girl at the desk went inside to check and told me they did not have my package. According to her, today the driver again tried delivering it but could not find me. Today, I was home till 1.15pm in the afternoon and nobody had come. And what is this nonsense that driver again tried to deliver it. You have categorically mentioned in your previous email that I should go and pick it up from 33 Bloor Street. I also received a call from your office yesterday requesting me to pick it up from 33 Bloor street. Is this any kind of joke you are playing with your customer? Don't you have slightest respect for your customer's time?
    It is disgusting, utter nonsense.
    I will wait till Monday night. If I won't get my package by then, I will take other appropriate action.
    Bapujee

Package Status

Package Tracking Number: MYE000031355 View more details

Attention

Shipment available for pick up for 5 business days from the original delivery date at this location. Please bring current government-issued photo ID indicating your address. Learn more.

ServicePurolator ExpressEst. Shipment Weight35 lb. CreatedSep 25, 2013References665627699.001
    Original DeliverySep 26, 2013

• Purolator Help Oct 10, 2013

Hello Bapujee,

The package had been held for pick up at our office until Friday, September 27th, 2013 at 5:02 pm. It was then given to a driver to bring back to the terminal in order to complete the delivery requested for Monday, September 30th.

I do apologize once more for the confusion. If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

• Re
    Reviewer16993 Feb 02, 2016

The delivery should be done at 9 am but the worst is that they lie about 9.43 am delivery. The consequence is that the application has missed the cap of 5000. The Purolator same-day delivery eventually reached the government just after 10.00 am and some of them are within the cap. The cost is severe to our family reunion.

• Purolator Help Feb 03, 2016

Hello Reviewer16993

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. I’m very sorry for any inconvenience this situation may have caused.

Unfortunately the receiver did not prioritize courier deliveries and the driver had to wait in line with the other applicants. The driver arrived earlier than 9AM but was only able to deliver the applications at 9:43 AM.

Again, I’m very sorry for the situation.

• Mr
    Mr T Apr 28, 2017

Absolutely the worst service for a "major" shipper. A recent time sensitive shipment delayed "due to missed connection". The shipment was a priority overnight from Vancouver to Calgary. Will arrive 3 days late (I hope) No explanation or apologies. Cost my company over $3000 in lost revenue. An order was placed from central China and arrived less than 24 hrs latter via DHL. Amazing Putolator can't reliably get a small, time-sensitive parcel 1200 km, but DHL can do it ove 15, 000 km.

• Purolator Help May 01, 2017

@Mr T Hello Mr T,

I’m very sorry to hear about the situation. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

If possible, please email your tracking number to [email protected] and we’ll look into what happened. We'll also assist in having the package delivered as soon as possible.

Jeremie

• Mr
    Mr T Apr 28, 2017

Absolutely the worst service for a "major" shipper. A recent time sensitive shipment delayed "due to missed connection". The shipment was a priority overnight from Vancouver to Calgary. Will arrive 3 days late (I hope) No explanation or apologies. Cost my company over $3000 in lost revenue. An order was placed from central China and arrived less than 24 hrs latter via DHL. Amazing Putolator can't reliably get a small, time-sensitive parcel 1200 km, but DHL can do it over 15, 000 km. Purolators tag line should be - Went it absolutely needs to be there on time, use someone else... because we don't care.

• Je
    Jessica Cadieux Aug 16, 2018

I was home all day waiting for delivery and then i get a notice i missed delivery because i wasnt home no one knocked or rang my bell i work twelve hour shifts and cannot get this parcel i waisted my time waiting for a disrespectful deleivery person that has zero work ethic i expect to be compensated for this!

• Ar
    Arivil Aug 28, 2018

I only encountered 3 times with purolator delivery. First time never came, had to pick it up. Second and third time (I learned and remind them to come while waiting on my balcony all day) delayed because of sorting error and weather excuse for expensive prime delivery.

• Cr
    creegal Sep 01, 2018

Someone sent a fraudulent cheque using Purolator ... the pin #3312565445467

I am sure whatever location it was sent from has cameras.

The cheque is using a businesses real name and address as is the supposed sender...also both are identity fraud.

i have the chq and the purolator envelope. I'm contacting all involved.

• Ur
    Urita Sep 19, 2018

Friday, Sept. 8th - notice left at my Apt. by Purolator. Called 1-888-744-7123 on the same day/night. Was told next delivery would be September 11th. I stayed at home. Called above number to confirm. Was told that delivery would be on the 12th because I had called in after 7.00PM. Found another notice on my door today Monday. I was misinformed.

• Ti
    Tier Oct 22, 2018

Purolatir driver is having trouble driving and following the rules of the traffic act. it may be time to consider whether driving is feasible any longer

Improper lane change Yonge and St Clair

here is the link

• Je
    Jessie Diane Ryan Oct 31, 2018

You delivered my package from Amazon to the wrong address I called twice I've been on the phone all day between Amazon and the courier. Have not heard from anyone.
    It is past time for you to call me. Currently the person at the wrong address bought the package to me. Don't know who to call about it.

Charles168 Nov 13, 2018

Purolator driver refused to leave parcel at door even though there was a note on the door indicating for him/her to do so. Having to take a cab across the city is what this company thinks I should do to go pick up my parcel.

Lack of service, should not call themselves a delivery company if they cannot deliver items.

• Vi
    Vincemarisa Nov 20, 2018

International Package
    Sent on November 5th 2018,
    Nobody knows where the package is to top it one of your the customer service rep is rude
    Repeatedly calling customer service since last week.

Vincent

Marian89 Dec 11, 2018

One of your drivers almost hit my car on the parking lot when I pointed him what he's doing he said he "don't speak English" and showed me middle finger what is not exceptable for the employees working for the company like you guys. I have everything recorded on my dash camera it's will be on the social media
    His plate number 614 3WT

• Ta
    Taiwoola Dec 31, 2018

My shipment has not been delivered for the past two weeks... all the way from Canada, it's stuck in Ibadan

• Fa
    Failure Feb 25, 2019

Time to change your system and management Purolator. Your delivery method and ethics is as good as last Tuesday's weather. Not sure why no one is taking action here, but Purolator, you need to step up your game. Why are you even still in business? What a shame.

• Vs
    Vs S Oct 19, 2019

hello!
    we had a bell modem delivered to us. the modem is a fragile piece of electronics.
    the delivery person just threw the package onto the concrete from several meters away.
    I am attaching the video footage of the incident and the photo of the package details.
    thank you.

• Ha
    Hate Purolator Nov 27, 2019

Worst company to deal with.

Never train drivers how to correctly deliver package especially for apartments.

They are always in hurry, no phone call, no retrying buzzer code, nothing.

Just returned my laptop which travels a lot by these guys to and fro...

Beware, Use UPS or FedEx instead.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices