PublicationsMax.comripoff/scam

I was duped by this company who offered 5 magazines for $27.00 USD. I just checked my bank statement and I was charged $91.00! This was part of a "come on" on facebook for a game where you "earn" coins by playing the game and as a means to "earn" more coins, you are given a choice of "offers" promising a certain thing, in this particular case magazine subscriptions--five magazines for $27.00--where you enter your credit card info and upon payment from your bank, you are awarded the "coins." This is deceptive and dishonest. Had I thought it was going to cost me $91.00, I'd never have participated. I suspect I now much cancel my credit card to avoid additional charges to my account. I am furious with facebook and this total scam company. I feel the attorney general's office needs to investigate this company and plan to advise him of such.

• Valerie May 22, 2008

I have been ripped off by Publicationsmax.com. Today I discovered that my 5 for $25.00 magazine orders turned out to be $93.86. This was taken from my bank account today. One of the magazines has sent a bill for $20.00... That is when I also realized I have been truly duped. I wish I was aware of your web site before I ordered. Maybe, others will be smarter and not fall for this offer from Publicationsmax.com.

• Ca
    Carla Hashemi Jun 09, 2008

I have been duped also by Publicationsmax.com. I am getting on-line invoices for $22.00 for each magazine, plus Publicationsmax has charged $88.87 to my credit card. I have put a dispute on it and am in the process of trying to contact this company. I read on another board several others who have had the exact same thing happen to them by this company and they have not had luck in getting their money back. Most found out that Publicationsmax had taken money directly from their bank account! There must be something that can be done I don't know!

• Pa
    Pam Adams Jun 16, 2008

totally a ripoff company Did not order and they still took money out of our account off the internet. Then have not put it back and gave us 4 different confirmation numbers...

• De
    debrina Jul 24, 2008

I did the 5 for $27 and was charged $91.85. I don't know how to get my money back. Any advice?

• Ls
    L.S Help Jul 28, 2008

On a promotional I lost my head and signed up for 5 magazines, and when the charge went into my account I had not put any money in it, consequently, the charge is still pending at a negative # and will not go away. I tried to contact the publicationsmax.com address and no luck. Can you help me?

LS Help

• Al
    Allyson Sep 03, 2008

I recently signed up for the same deal - 5 magazines for $27. My account was charged for $92! Did you ever get this resolved? I am going to call the company on lunch to try to get this figured out.

• Va
    val magno Sep 17, 2008

I did 5 for 17.99 and they charge me 90.00 dollars. I called up the bank and told them the charges were unauthorized. Luckily they credited my account. I was just trying to make money by going green for someone on freelunchroom.com. Wow what a bunch ###ing scamming ###s.

• Valerie Nov 06, 2008

Ordered 5 magazines at their $27 offer price. Was charged $91.89. Operator asked if I was not told about their 'processing fee' which I was not. Was told I would receive my money in 3-5 days and was sent a confirmation e-mail.

Will post back when/if I receive my money back.

Dear Smitters,

I apologize for the trouble you have had with my company, Publications Max. Please call [protected] immediately, and a customer service representative would be happy to assist you. By providing us with some basic information, such as your name and zip code, we can look up your account to clear up any problems. If you are unsatisfied in any way, we will reasonably terminate your order and provide refunds. To better understand the charges to your account, please see our details and terms at https://www.magazineburst.com/TC45195dFive.php.

Dear L.S.,

I apologize for the trouble you have had with my company, Publications Max, and I believe I can help you to rectify this situation. Please call to speak to a customer service representative at [protected] as soon as possible. By providing us with some basic information, such as your name and zip code, we can look up your account to clear up any problems. If you are unsatisfied in any way, we will reasonably terminate your order and provide refunds. To better understand the charges to your account, please see our details and terms at https://www.magazineburst.com/TC45195dFive.php.

Dear Tereza,

I apologize for any problems you have encountered with Publications Max. If you need any further assistance, please call [protected] and a customer service representative would be happy to help you. For further clarification, please see our details and terms at https://www.magazineburst.com/TC45195dFive.php.

Dear Samuel,

• Valerie Nov 19, 2008

I was signing up for a McDonalds gift card and i had to sign up for two items to get the free gift card. When I checked my checking account they charged me $90.92 they said it was for delivering for the weight of the magazines, what a joke. Maybe McDonalds need to check into some of the offers that are offered to the consumer, because it also gives them a bad name. Cause if you have to order 90 dollars worth of magazines to get a free Mcdonalds meal that doesn't make any sense. If my money isn't refunded I will get me a lawyer and sue.

• Bo
    bonnie Nov 25, 2008

I ordered 3 magazines i was told it would cost me $15.00 and was billed $87.00 this is terrible I cant afford this

• Pk
    pka Dec 06, 2008

unauthorized charging of my debit card for 94.89. I do not even know what it was really for. I am very upset with this practice and will investigate further. This is fraud!

• Be
    Beth C Dec 28, 2008

I was charged $88.81 on my debit card for 3 magazines. What I believed I was signing up for was 3 magazines for $27.00 which is reasonable and why I did it. When I called I was told my account would be credited. That was a month ago and I am still waiting for the credit. They also told me that the fine print stated that there was a processing fee and that was what the charge was for. I am still waiting for my credit and feel very cheated. I will be more careful now when purchasing on line. I recently bought a cd program from Video Professor on line and kept getting cd's. I was told when you purchase on line you sign up for automatic deliveries. The is such a crock. Consumers beware. Especially in these economic times people are out to screw you.

• Ca
    Carlos Jan 25, 2009

I have been scamed by Publicationsmax.com.
    I had an order for 5 magazines for $27.00 but
    I was billed $90.97 on 01/22/09. My order
    is pending. I want my money refuned!!!

• Ge
    Georgiann Gonzalez Jan 27, 2009

The 5 magazines for $27.00 offer I received has been charged to my account as $92.00 plus dollars. I did not authorize this charge . This charge has put my credit card over limit and I have been charged an overdraft fee of $39.00!

• Da
    DawnD13 Feb 15, 2009

Sorry I misunderstood the form and entered my OWN address and phone #. The company's phone number is [protected]. ALSO...it is on facebook as "MagazineBurst.com" Don't get ripped off. I'm calling tomorrow morning (9-5 CST), and will contact my bank for a new card no. and am contacting facebook in addition to the attorney general's office. I hope the other person who requested a refund gets it!

• Fr
    FraudInvest Feb 22, 2009

What an idiot. Why would anyone give you 5 magazines for $27? That would be a poor business model since they would LOSE money.

Stupid.

• Sc
    Scammed Mar 05, 2009

I signed up for a 5 issues for $27 promo with Publicationsmax and was charged $92.93. I called for a refund they said no problem it will take 7-10 business days to issue the refund. I called back on the 11th business day when I still had not received my refund and they said oh we'll put it through again it should take 4-72 hours to hit your account. One week later I called again asking about my refund, the rep said "I see your refund processed it should take 48 hours to show on your account. It is now another week later and NOTHING. I called my bank to dispute the charge, we'll see what happens...

• Au
    Audiome May 08, 2009

Publicationsmax is still trying to rip people off. I signed up for an offer of 5 magizines for $27.00 and later found out I was charged $87.84. I have been trying for two months to get my refund and the last excuse I was given was that they changed credit card processing companies and that I would see the refund posted to my account in three days. I still do not have my money back. I have contacted the US Attorney General and now I will contact the Illinois State Attorney General along with my bank.

doreen mccune Jul 04, 2009

i too done exactly the same thing, i guess i am going to have to chaulk it up to a lesson learned.
    Doreen m

• La
    lacoes3 Jul 20, 2009

I too was taken by this company. I have filed a complaint with the Illinois Attorney General and ask that everyone that has had a negative experience with them do the same. Here is a link to the AG's complaint form:

They told me that it would take 2 to 3 billing periods before the money would be credited to my account. That is because after 60 days you can no longer dispute the charge with the credit card company and you are out of luck of ever seeing your money!

annjohnson Sep 12, 2009

i was also ripped off i have people calling me from publications max wanting me to renew my magizine order i say i wish not to renew any they charge my account 75.00 and order for me now what do i need with espn iam a single mom i don't watch sports times are tough i don't need publication max taking money out of my account when i say no they do it any way thank you bertie johnson i will be going to the bank on monday to make sure this does not happen again dam ripp off artist

annjohnson Sep 12, 2009

may also need to alert better busisness burea of this scam

• Hi
    histepper1965 Oct 27, 2009

This company has debited my checking account for something that I have NOT authorized. I have since cancelled my debit card. Meanwhile I am out an UNAUTHORIZED, FRAUDULENT $89.00. This will end up costing me an additional $30.00 in overdraft fees or my medical insurance coverage check will not clear and cost me more dearly as I am elderly. I left 2 messages for them before the funds cleared my account and they neglected calling me back.

• Yes, the same thing just happened to me. I disputed their first chages, which came to $91 and some change. this was about 6 - 8 months ago, then today, I look at my bank acct. and I find out that they have a charge on my acct. for $89. What the heck is going on with this company ??? They are serious rip offs !!! So, I called the bank and they said that I have to wait and see if the charges will drop or go through and check back tomorrow. I had the companies number, but I threw all the info. that I had out when I went through the last situation.

donna k jones Nov 11, 2009

I too, fell for this trap, 5 issues for $27.00. Within 24 hrs. my bank account was charged $86.98. I called befor it was even 24 hours, had my order cancelled and was told my account wouldn't be credited back for 1-2 billing cyles. 3 months later, no credit, i FINALLY was able to get thru to someone at [protected], ( after trying for a long time, being on hold, left a message, with no call back) and they told me I would be credited back in 2-3 business days, it has been a week again. tryed several times to call, told to hold and hold, then leave a message and someone would call back. that was 3 days ago. going to try 1 more time to get this settled, then i am reporting this to the better business burau and probably contact a lawyer. good luck to any one else who gets trapped into this sham. I f anyone was successful in getting a refund, how did you do it?

donna k jones Nov 11, 2009

If this keeps happening, why cant anything be done to stop other people from getting scammed!!!

• Rh
    Rhodes Nov 17, 2009

Mr. Berman Director of Customer Services - I am going to call you, I have for five months called left messages, talked to someone human even with given info. of name, phone numbers, zip code, etc... to no avail... Nothing, Nada!!! even promised that within 48 hours your acct. will be credited. I've been told about the 15 employees and 2 managers. Have you listened to the recording that answers? It is not even complete the first half is not audiable. I have left messages with IP reps. M. GORDON, SOMEONE FIRST NAME " LEE " spoke to some name "Larry" and leave a message and we will get right back to you... Ha Ha!!! pissed off yes! dissatisfied ? yes

• Bi
    bisho74 Nov 23, 2009

Oh is Publicatiosmax.com going to hate me when i get done with them. I DID NOT IN ANY WAY GIVE THEM MY PERMITION OR MY PERSONAL INFO FOR THEM TO TAKE MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT. IS MY BOTHER WHO IS A LAWER GOING TO HAVE FUN WITH THEM.I'M SO TIRED OF THESE BIG RIP OF COMPANY TAKING WHAT THEY WANT FROM PEOPLE THAT WORK SO HARD JUST TRYING TO GET BY IN TODAYS TIME. PUBLICATIONMAX.COM I HOPE YOUR COMPANY READS THESE YOU ARE ABOUT TO COME INTO A WORLD OF HURT...

• Ss
    Sshadel Nov 23, 2009

I went to my bank account on line today to find a charge for $79.00 on my account from Publicationsmax.com. To my, or my wifes knowledge we have not ordered any magazines or authourized them to take money from my account. This is a total rip off. Something should be done with this company.
    Thank you for letting me vent.
    Steve W Shadel <†><

• Ju
    Junebug3369 Nov 24, 2009

I went online to check my bank account this morning, to find a charge of $79.00, that neither my husband or I authorized. I tried to call the company immediately, after looking them up online. I left a message, but so far no one has called me back. Now I will get an IFC at my bank for $37.50, because I have to let it post before I can dispute these charges. I have read numerous complaints about this company doing the same to many other people. Why is no one stopping them? This is FRAUD, & should not be tolerated. I m going to check into what I can do. I hope everyone else will do the same & not just let these idiots get by with this.

• Da
    DaniellehatesMaxpub Nov 25, 2009

i too was ripped off by this company not once but twice. I've been charged close to $200 and have never received a single magazine. I've called numerous times, mailed letters and emailed Jeff himself and still have heard nothing from them!

Hello Jeff,

I found your email address online after researching your company online to see if you were an internet scam company and found tons of complaints similar to mine. Amazing what you find online.

I ordered a magazine subscription 2 years ago for $90 (December 2007). The magazines NEVER came, in two years never one. I called NUMEROUS times and was told they were on back order. Then finally I called and said I wanted to full refund. I was told it would be credited to my card card- that NEVER happened. I finally after tons of failed attempts decide I hadn’t been scammed and decided to cut my losses. Now 2 years later with no refund and still no magazines either, I have been charged an additional $90. My credit card company has already filed a fraudulent calm against your company. However, I want my refund on the original $90 I was charged 2 years ago as well as the $90 I’ve just been charged. Thats close to $200 I’ve been charged by your company and never received one single magazine.

Please call me immediately to clear this up or I will take legal action. I am prepared to do whatever possible to make sure all my money is returned to me and that this never happens to another person EVER again by your company. I’ve attached a letter that I’ve written and mailed to your company as well.

My contact information is below. Please call my cell. I don’t care if it’s tomorrow on Thanksgiving, I want this taken care of immeditately!!!

janeH Nov 26, 2009

I had never even heard of this company until the charge appeared on my statement. There has too be something that can be done.How can they keep doing this too so many people?

maureen kelley Nov 26, 2009

11/23/00 a charge showed up on my debit card. I did not authorize "publicationsmax.com" to charge my card at any point in time. I did not authorize this $79.00 charge. I have no idea who they are. Please remove this charge from my account.

Maureen Kelley
    [protected]@charter.net

mad wet hen Nov 26, 2009

Tuesday 11/24 3 pm I checked bank account and publicationmax.com888-6242877 used my debit card and stole $89. I had never heard of them, or so I thought. I called this number and the recording said Magazine Burst. Back in 2007 the same company took $95.90 from me but I finally got it returned. They had to have kept my debit card number on file and used it again to just outright steal my $89! I have had no contact with these people in any way since 2007. These people are just thieves. I keep calling but just get the recording to leave message, I have left many but so far no reply. What they are doing is totally unlawful!!

• Nh
    nhguest Nov 27, 2009

Junebug3369,
    The exact same thing has happened to me today. Please let me know what you find out. I was also charged $79.00 and I am disputing the pending transaction.

jodirbrooks Nov 27, 2009

I just found out they took $79.00 out of my account. I have tried calling all day to no advail and left message after message and nothing. I did not even know about this until today and I'm livid about it . I did not order from this company and neither did any one in my family. I have never heard of this company before untill today. So pissed.